What's new

Final days for Bill Franks. He asked me to share with you

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
THE LAST DAYS OF Bill Franks, HE ASKED ME TO SHARE WITH ALL OF YOU.
Excerpt:

My illness has progressed to acute myeloid leukemia for which there is no cure.
I have had 3 blood transfusions so far today. The problem
is basically that my body no longer produces blood.
I would like to hear from all my friends and latest update news.
I am sorry I did not do more.
I am currently in good hands at Penn Oncology though of course I 'd rather be out in LA.
Excerpt end.
I am asking any friend of Bill Franks to give him a final goodbye and wish him happy trails.
[email protected]
You can also leave a message of love and well wishes here on this site and I will be sure he gets it. You can also post memories of any incidents/events.

I am in phone communication with him.

Bill.Franks.kids.jpg

Bill.Franks.Jeff.Karen.jpg

Leland

Crusader
The times I remember, was Bill walking around FCDC in his black leather motorcycle jacket.....

Also remember Jennie Franks telling me Bill had been in College and sold his Porsche to do Scientology.....( this was part of a conversation about sacrifices to "do scientology..."

Edited: back in 1972-1973

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
How long ago was Bill Franks diagnosed as having multiple myeloma?

Programmer Guy ~~ it is Myeloid leukemia not the illness you mention above. He has been ill for some years but ailing progressively in the last 2 years.
Bill Franks is most famous for revealing the REAL Reason people leave Scientology.

I believe it was originally posted on ESMB.
Here's another copy

The REAL reason people leave Scientology
https://backincomm.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/the-real-reason-people-leave-scientology/

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron

Programmer Guy ~~ it is Myeloid leukemia not the illness you mention above. He has been ill for some years but ailing progressively in the last 2 years.
Bill Franks is most famous for revealing the REAL Reason people leave Scientology.

Here's another copy

https://backincomm.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/the-real-reason-people-leave-scientology/
Good reading that. When I decided to leave the SO I told them that they had failed to deliver as they promised. Nobody challenged me on that.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
May this next journey be wonderous. Thank you for stepping up. Peace Bill. You earned it. :rose: :bighug:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
loadWebfont('Comic+Sans+MS');https://backincomm.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/the-real-reason-people-leave-scientology/
This is one of the few areas where Occam's Razzor actually applies and works - when you've been lied to!
The lies are usually layered on, disguised as revelations and "ultimate truths" as discovered my madman "genius's" who make declarations based upon pure bullshit such as "people only leave a subject due to MU's & overts".
Obviously he was creating pure fiction to keep people entrapped in his web, and that's the simple truth of it!
This layering on of outright lies can be easily dispelled by an abstraction as infantile and self limiting as "the Razzor" where one would simply say "no, that's too complex to be true".
My college calculus professor wouldn't have bought that argument however.
So there is this one actual case whereby one's interests could be served by something so otherwise limiting as Occam's Razzor.
But how many actually used it to set themselves free?
Too few I think.

And my hats forever off to Captain Bill Franks for having the humanity to level with us and set us free from the last stranglehold of Scientology with his revelation of Hubbard's confession that he lied and why!
Now we leave without the residual tendency to introvert on whatever overt's we might have, like we had done since we bought Hubbard's lie.

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
:( Sorry to hear of this Bill. Wishing you a miracle and if the miracle doesn't happen regarding your acute Myeloid leukemia may we all remember what a miracle live itself is and be grateful that we are and have lived it. Thanks for what you did do. It was helpful.

If you do take the journey to the 'other realm' I would appreciate you sending a post card to tell us and your family and close friends about it.

JustSheila

Crusader
Aw, Bill Franks. :(

Wishing you an amazing recovery, but if that fails, then comfort and the love and goodwill of family and friends surrounding you. May you also have safe journey to a better hereafter.

I never knew you, Mr. Franks, but worked more than a few echelons under you and know you really tried with a sincere heart to do the best for us in the Sea Org and Scientology.

May your new home never know the concept of betrayal and I hope all your good intentions manifest a thousand times over.

<3 <3 <3

Hugs from a stranger who didn't know you, but knew of you, and still knew you well enough to appreciate your good heart.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
All messages here relayed to BILL FRANKS and he gets quite emotional as I read them to him...very well received. Keep em coming.
He has been in hospital 7 weeks, tomorrow starts week #8
Yesterday he had to sign a huge bunch of papers and contracts which gets the hospital free from any litigation which
is something they do when they are going experimental and things might go wrong.
He is in a state of the art Hospital in Pennsylvania and is only alive because of modern medicine.
He sends love and gratitude to all of you.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
@Karen, thank-you for the care you are giving Bill Franks ... I know only a little about him and rarely research anything cult related these days but I do know that when someone is having a hard time knowing that people care helps.

I hope the treatment isn't too much to endure and that it produces a miracle. Please give him my love and thank him for everything he did to expose the horrors of scientology.

:heartflower::heartflower::heartflower:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Here's hoping that the title of the thread isn't too prophetic after all and that the therapy works wonders. Please tell him he has another well-wisher who is in there rooting for him. Thanks.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
It also occurs to me that Bill Franks came forward with the goods about Hubbard's big lie whereas David Mayo did not.
This is important to realize because people tend to attribute too many glowing qualities to Mayo when it's obvious that he failed our trust by not choosing to disclose what Bill Franks went out on a limb to disclose.
Mayo had just as much opportunity to come clean about it but perhaps the longer he went without full disclosure the harder it became to admit that he fostered a key lie that lead to the sustained entrapment of Scientologists, ex as well as current.
Mayo did nothing to help us on one of the most important issues that could have set so many free from the trap.
Bill Franks on the other hand did not fail us.

Terril park

Sponsor

Here's another copy

I never knew him personally but saw him while doing FEBC circa 1981
shortly before he was taken off course and he had a commanding presence.

His message of why people leave SCN, ARC breaks, is a no-brainer and
it was a great service to let people know Hubbard said this.

Holly

Patron
It also occurs to me that Bill Franks came forward with the goods about Hubbard's big lie whereas David Mayo did not.
This is important to realize because people tend to attribute too many glowing qualities to Mayo when it's obvious that he failed our trust by not choosing to disclose what Bill Franks went out on a limb to disclose.
Mayo had just as much opportunity to come clean about it but perhaps the longer he went without full disclosure the harder it became to admit that he fostered a key lie that lead to the sustained entrapment of Scientologists, ex as well as current.
Mayo did nothing to help us on one of the most important issues that could have set so many free from the trap.
Bill Franks on the other hand did not fail us.
For some people, power trumps integrity.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
That can be a stern test of anyone's character, and I have to ask myself in all honesty, in all cases, whether or not I would pass it myself.
Some people are constitutionally incapable of even questioning it or considering if their choice would harm others, they instinctively choose whatever makes them feel more powerful.