What's new

Scientology Question

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<snip>

I always figured the reason LRH brought up Wundt all the time was because nobody knew anything about Wundt, so he could say anything he wanted about him without fear of contradiction. In those days of course you couldn't simply google it.

<snip>
He also said "My good friend Crowley" in a tape recorded lecture, and, at that time (1970s), I didn't even know who Aleister Crowley was.

What's also funny is that, decades later, I read that when Aleister Crowley heard about this, he said that he was never acquainted with Hubbard.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
He also said "My good friend Crowley" in a tape recorded lecture, and, at that time (1970s), I didn't even know who Aleister Crowley was.

What's also funny is that, decades later, I read that when Aleister Crowley heard about this, he said that he was never acquainted with Hubbard.
Crowley died in 1947, years before Hubbard gave the lecture, so he couldn't have heard about it. Jack Parsons mentioned Hubbard (of whom he thought well at the time) when he wrote to Crowley, but no, Hubbard and Crowley never met.

Hubbard might have considered Crowley his "very good friend" in the sense that he borrowed a lot from Crowley, according to those who are better acquainted with Crowley's work than I am (Veda for example).

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Crowley died in 1947, years before Hubbard gave the lecture, so he couldn't have heard about it. Jack Parsons mentioned Hubbard (of whom he thought well at the time) when he wrote to Crowley, but no, Hubbard and Crowley never met.

Hubbard might have considered Crowley his "very good friend" in the sense that he borrowed a lot from Crowley, according to those who are better acquainted with Crowley's work than I am (Veda for example).
Someone (Nibs?) said that LRH had gotten hold of Crowley's OTO levels prior to delivering the PDC course.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi, I’m not actually an ex-Scientologist but I figured you people would be the best ones to get a knowledgeable answer from. I know that scientology hates psychiatry and psychiatric medication but I’m just curious whether this hatred also extends to psychologists as well?

I can not imagine for the life of me why anyone would think they could receive an intelligible response about L. Ron Hubbard, Dianetics, Scientology, Scientologists, religion, philosophy or anything in any way relevant to metaphysics from the dweebs, dworks and stewed prunes of ESMB.

No.

We don't hate psychiatrists, psychologists or doctors.

We are students and practitioners of an innovative and seminal exercise of creative classical psychology.

Classical Psychology is differentiated from Modern Psychology simply by reason of classical psychology studies the spirit or soul and modern psychology does not.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi, I’m not actually an ex-Scientologist but I figured you people would be the best ones to get a knowledgeable answer from. I know that scientology hates psychiatry and psychiatric medication but I’m just curious whether this hatred also extends to psychologists as well?

Hatred was definitely a pronounced personality trait of Hubbard. Mixed in with his manic megalomania and malignant narcissism his hatred is a tool directed to anything which he considered in opposition to him. I noticed his hatred and attack on so many things in my very first months in scientology and it was extremely noticeable to me when I listened to his lectures recorded on magnetic tape.

From his affirmations (circa 1946), where within he states are his commands, as induced by his self hypnosis, and then combining that with knowing how he behaved in life one can see a greatly messed up mind, internal conflict and a number of psychosis. Fear, aggressiveness and revenge all show up in his outpourings.

In scientology as an organization the hate which arises depends upon the literalness and or the interpretation of Hubbard's words which arose from his disturbed character syndromes. So yes, psychology or psychologists who would state any thing which might threaten hubbard's megalomania authoritative works as in words or actions those threat sources would be hated. Yet, in practice, if there is perceived support for the scientology organization or concepts from psychology or psychologists I have seen rather rarely the scientology organization leech onto that support to bolster itself.

It is the degree to which scientologists view hubbard's/scientology ethics. In the book Scientology ethics one finds ethics as defined as having the purpose of (paraphrased) 1) identifying and removing any and all counter-intention and 2) removing all other intention(ness).

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
I can not imagine for the life of me why anyone would think they could receive an intelligible response about L. Ron Hubbard, Dianetics, Scientology, Scientologists, religion, philosophy or anything in any way relevant to metaphysics from the dweebs, dworks and stewed prunes of ESMB.

No.

We don't hate psychiatrists, psychologists or doctors.

We are students and practitioners of an innovative and seminal exercise of creative classical psychology.

Classical Psychology is differentiated from Modern Psychology simply by reason of classical psychology studies the spirit or soul and modern psychology does not.
Nooo, scientologists don't hate psychs ...

antipsych-e1540173727756.jpg

https://tonyortega.org/2018/10/22/a...igious-freedom-vs-the-evil-psychs/#more-51525

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
It is the degree to which scientologists view hubbard's/scientology ethics. In the book Scientology ethics one finds ethics as defined as having the purpose of (paraphrased) 1) identifying and removing any and all counter-intention and 2) removing all other intention(ness).

HCO POLICY LETTER OF 18 JUNE 1968
ETHICS

The purpose of Ethics is
TO REMOVE COUNTER-INTENTIONS FROM THE ENVIRONMENT.
And having accomplished that the purpose becomes
TO REMOVE OTHER-INTENTIONEDNESS FROM THE ENVIRONMENT.

"Counter-intention" = opposition to Scientology.

"Other-intention" = wanting to do anything besides Scientology.

The policy goes on (read it at the link).

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Stewed prune here (or dweeb, dwork or whatever; take your pick). Seriously Birdy, what are you on about? The combined experience of being in the CofS, the SO etc. of everyone here collectively must run into four figures of years. And none of us here is capable of an intelligible response on the subject?

Unless you're joking of course, in which case I give you credit for humour too subtle for me (it wouldn't be the first time that's happened).

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Stewed prune here (or dweeb, dwork or whatever; take your pick). Seriously Birdy, what are you on about? The combined experience of being in the CofS, the SO etc. of everyone here collectively must run into four figures of years. And none of us here is capable of an intelligible response on the subject?

Unless you're joking of course, in which case I give you credit for humour too subtle for me (it wouldn't be the first time that's happened).
Subtle? Give me a break, he's American, they don't do subtle. :hide:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Off your meds again?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron

Very good CS!

Yes!

You would be a stewed prune within the context of this off-the-cuff archetypology.

George Layton would be a fine example of a dweeb exemplified nowhere so well as in his first post on the thread where I declared Science of Survival (flawed though it is) to be The Single Finest Basic Handbook of Human Psychology Ever Written. (That was a fun thread. I think I'll repost the OP)

Jon (no relation to Crispus) Attucks is a prime example of a dwork. "A Piece of Blue Sky"?????? Horsecrap. Title taken from a purported quote of Hubbard saying "Sell them a piece of blue sky". Thus by implication the whole thing is nothing but selling "pieces of blue sky". I'm sure some auditors here will recall "make nothing of" as one of the prepcheck buttons.

Sweetheart...

I wasn't sold a piece of blue sky. Although I was mostly put off by the sales technique I examined what was being sold and of my own volition (after spending two full days at San Francisco Public Library with The Readers Guide To Periodical Literature and the stacks to become well familiar with the "Vox Populi" on Ron and his work) purchased TRAINING!!!

Which was delivered as promised and has proven to be of PROFOUND AND SURPASSING VALUE over a period of more than four decades since I left staff.

Jon boy would no doubt dwork Hubbard in a vlebish manner if he only knew how.

Dweebs and dworks and stewed prunes. HH is, of course, ESMB's premier stewed prune. I like stewed prunes. written interaction with them on this board on several occaisions has even made near approach to communicative conversation.

I love you CS and I wrote the post playfully and light heartedly in a spirit of warm and affectionate camaraderie but no, I'm not joking. It does not matter how many years you studied. If you did not learn then you did not learn. Personlly I would recommend you study our Judeochristian scripture whose wisdom was essential to my own studies.