What's new

Need help for someone wanting out

phenomanon

Canyon
To be honest I can't really see any point in having 'tech discussions'. As far as I can see it would be very limited, perhaps comparing some of the lower-level auditing processes to Freudian analysis for example. At this point, scientology processing and the claims made for its efficacy have been totally debunked, so any point in discussing it would be a monumental waste of time in my opinion.
Oh. It depends on who is posting there, on a "tech discussions" thread.:D

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
This is an ex scientologist bulletin board. A sizeable proportion of the people who come here have been harmed or damaged in one way or another by scientology. This is the last place on earth you might expect to find somebody actively promoting the cult. To me, somebody who does that either has s**t for brains or is supremely callous and insensitive.
I think it's a perfect place for people to promote the cult (which Terrill doesn't do), just for the entertainment value. You still need to differentiate between people who are out of the Cof$ but don't agree with you 100% vs. people who are in the Cof$.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
That's not the data I got when I attended a confidential Freezone briefing.

The OTs in the Freezone are simply keeping a low profile while they continue to perform miraculous OT feats. Perhaps you didn't notice that the Berlin Wall was taken down by OTs. Well, you can Google it and you will find scientific proof that there is no longer a Berlin Wall.

Freezoners, being the only true, loyal, on-source, KSW, Ideal Scientologists that they are--are simply applying the technology that Dr. Hubbard humbly tendered to mankind back in 1952 when HISTORY OF MAN was published. They are intentionally NOT evidencing that they are controlling the earth's social and political affairs, in order to not attract negative intergalactic attention. To wit--

"Don't get spectacular until a few of the boys make it ... let's not go upsetting governments and putting on a show to "prove" anything to homo sapiens for a while; it's a horrible temptation to knock off hats at fifty yards and read books a couple of countries away and get into the rotogravure section and the Hearst Weeklies - but you'll just make it tough on somebody else who is trying to get across this bridge." (Hubbard, A History of Man, chapter 5, 1968 ed.)

One has to admire the OTs in the Freezone. They are selflessly saving the planet until a few of the boys make it---and Terril is right there helping them salvage this sector, something for which we must all be eternally grateful.

Yet, I am still slightly concerned about the cost of doing one's Bridge to Total Freedom in the Freezone and whether the price includes a free OT bracelet like the COS offers.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

:hysterical:

Thank-you HH ... I needed that.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
My cat has taught me what unconditional love is.
I love her best.
Adopt a pet, get another guardian angel. Can't have too many of those. And after they die, they reincarnate and come find you. And if you're one of the super smart people on this board, you don't recognize them when they do, because you're so damn smart.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
It seems to me that if someone has discovered the secrets of life then they should, at the very least, live a long and happy life themselves and when they finally decide to leave the body it should be in relatively good condition.

Elephant in the room:

L Ron Hubbard died aged 74 after several physical problems and was reportedly insane.

"Captain" Bill Robertson, who apparently continued Hubbard's work and expanded upon it died aged 55 from cancer.

Alan Walter, who pointed out where Hubbard had gone wrong and then developed his own system of self-improvement died aged 73 from cancer.

I think anyone looking for a guru should perhaps look elsewhere.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
My cat has taught me what unconditional love is.
I love her best.
You're lucky. All the cats I've ever had the pleasure of hosting under my roof couldn't give a a toss about me as long as they got fed regularly. Now dogs, they're on a different level altogether as far as unconditional love is concerned IMO.

As Fat Freddy's Cat was fond of saying - 'Call me what you like, just don't call me late for dinner'.

ETA: It's interesting to note that the so-called 'big cats' show much more affection for humans that have befriended them than domestic cats who have been living with us for thousands of years do. Some of the vids on YouTube of lions, tigers and other big cats who have been reunited with old human friends is absolutely mind-blowing. When have you ever seen a domestic moggie show the unconfined joy displayed by their much larger cousins? Yes, they might make a big thing of scent-marking your legs to show that you are their property, but to want to embrace you? Not a chance.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
You're lucky. All the cats I've ever had the pleasure of hosting under my roof couldn't give a a toss about me as long as they got fed regularly. Now dogs, they're on a different level altogether as far as unconditional love is concerned IMO.

As Fat Freddy's Cat was fond of saying - 'Call me what you like, just don't call me late for dinner'.

ETA: It's interesting to note that the so-called 'big cats' show much more affection for humans that have befriended them than domestic cats who have been living with us for thousands of years do. Some of the vids on YouTube of lions, tigers and other big cats who have been reunited with old human friends is absolutely mind-blowing. When have you ever seen a domestic moggie show the unconfined joy displayed by their much larger cousins? Yes, they might make a big thing of scent-marking your legs to show that you are their property, but to want to embrace you? Not a chance.
I think nearly all wild baby animals show unlimited affection, trust and loyalty when they are saved from death or a terrifying experience. Domestic animals often have no idea how tough their lives might have been.

That does not include, of course, animals saved from shelters where they are provided lots of fresh air and running time as a pack, fresh meat, couches for sleeping, temperature control, dry and clean conditions and lots of affection. An animal "saved" from such a shelter who is then put on canned dog food, left outside and not allowed on furniture might feel pretty cheated and angry about it. ;)

phenomanon

Canyon

Kona kisses me on the face. She shows me more affection than any one else ever has. It is mutual.
I have had other cats. Joie loved only me, and she loved being in my lap. I loved Shorty, and he loved me. Regina didn't give a toss.
I've been privileged with many cats.
Kona is special. She has lived with us for 21 years in July. We have grown old together. We grok each other.

strativarius

Kona kisses me on the face. She shows me more affection than any one else ever has. It is mutual.
I have had other cats. Joie loved only me, and she loved being in my lap. I loved Shorty, and he loved me. Regina didn't give a toss.
I've been privileged with many cats.
Kona is special. She has lived with us for 21 years in July. We have grown old together. We grok each other.
It sounds like your Kona really loves you. It's quite remarkable how strong a bond can exist between a human and an animal. 21 years is a hell of a long time to have lived together, I'm sure you really do grok each other.

In answer to your other post - no, I don't have an ARC break. :biggrin:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Adopt a pet, get another guardian angel. Can't have too many of those. And after they die, they reincarnate and come find you. And if you're one of the super smart people on this board, you don't recognize them when they do, because you're so damn smart.
I'm not all that sure that the denigration of critical thinking actually validates magical thinking.

magicalbeing88009

It seems to me that if someone has discovered the secrets of life then they should, at the very least, live a long and happy life themselves and when they finally decide to leave the body it should be in relatively good condition.

Elephant in the room:

L Ron Hubbard died aged 74 after several physical problems and was reportedly insane.

"Captain" Bill Robertson, who apparently continued Hubbard's work and expanded upon it died aged 55 from cancer.

Alan Walter, who pointed out where Hubbard had gone wrong and then developed his own system of self-improvement died aged 73 from cancer.

I think anyone looking for a guru should perhaps look elsewhere.
Interesting. But I have been using the tech since 1951 ran out my engrams and am in good health at 88!
Still, cancer shouldn't be a criterion. One in three people die from cancer, and Scientology was NEVER meant to cure cancer. And I don't know how this forum got that picture since I didn't give it to them.

strativarius

Terril park said:
One thing he said was that to grant beingness was probably the highest of human virtues. That
for me is more important than all the ethics and PTS
writings.
What do you say to all the people to whom putting their trust in this 'paragon of the highest human virtues' has brought financial ruin, emotional turmoil and familial disintegration?
Crickets ...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Phenomenon hasn't seen her daughter for many years...

So...

I'm raising seed money for D Sea Enterprises, my tech start-up. I got a killer app and a new gadget. Both are HOT!!!

A $!00 short term loan (repaid with 10% interest NLT 21 October 2119) gets (a promissory note) for ten shares delivered at IPO.

Now this might sound like a crazy old hippie's pipe dream but the people who pony up the seed money on SUCESSFUL start ups make BIG bucks, e.g. Warren Buffet. If you gave him $100 bucks of seed money and just let it ride you would today have stock and paid dividends in excess of four million dollars. The prognosis for ten year return on $100 seed money in D Sea is more than $10,000 and perhaps more than $100,000. The gadget is big time hot. I have a new way to make a black and white printer much smaller than can be made with a laser. Imagine a tablet with a 3/4 inch extension on one side the same thickness as the tablet with an eight and one half inch slit for the insertion of a blank eight and one half by eleven piece of paper which comes out the other side printed.

No one who is anyone wants to be seen in the wifi coffehouse with yesterday's tablet now, do they?

Don't all crowd around at once, everyone's bid for exclusive liscencing rights will be heard.

So...

I'm giving 50 shares to Phenomenon's daughter and sending them to Phenomenon. I'm sure any properly informed CoS Chaplain will be most solicitous in seeing the "ARCX" gets handled.

Anyone interested in doing something similar for someone still in is referred to the thread "America is broken..."

strativarius

So...

I'm raising seed money for D Sea Enterprises, my tech start-up. I got a killer app and a new gadget. Both are HOT!!!

A $!00 short term loan (repaid with 10% interest NLT 21 October 2119) gets (a promissory note) for ten shares delivered at IPO.

Now this might sound like a crazy old hippie's pipe dream but the people who pony up the seed money on SUCESSFUL start ups make BIG bucks, e.g. Warren Buffet. If you gave him $100 bucks of seed money and just let it ride you would today have stock and paid dividends in excess of four million dollars. The prognosis for ten year return on $100 seed money in D Sea is more than $10,000 and perhaps more than $100,000. The gadget is big time hot. I have a new way to make a black and white printer much smaller than can be made with a laser. Imagine a tablet with a 3/4 inch extension on one side the same thickness as the tablet with an eight and one half inch slit for the insertion of a blank eight and one half by eleven piece of paper which comes out the other side printed.

No one who is anyone wants to be seen in the wifi coffehouse with yesterday's tablet now, do they?

Don't all crowd around at once, everyone's bid for exclusive liscencing rights will be heard.

So...

I'm giving 50 shares to Phenomenon's daughter and sending them to Phenomenon. I'm sure any properly informed CoS Chaplain will be most solicitous in seeing the "ARCX" gets handled.

Anyone interested in doing something similar for someone still in is referred to the thread "America is broken..."
Boy, that's some wicked weed you be smokin' there CP.

By the way, her name's phenomanon.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah man!!!

Marco Polo my mechanic kicked down an eight ball Friday

She doesn't mind if I call her "Phenomama"

I asked permission.

How you doin'?

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

So...

So...

It sounds like a con who has conned themselves.