What's new

GPM

Gib

Crusader
You joined the Sea Org OFF THE STREET with no prior Scientology experience. You should be bitter. But your experience does not extend to much beyond the Sea Org, so stop pretending to be an expert on what people didn't and didn't get out of it.

Now look at it from the other side. Actual well-intended Scientologists, trained auditors and high-paying PCs, had to put up with Sea Org petty tyrants who came in off the street or a comm course, threw their weight around and helped Miscavige, the most animalistic of them all, ruin the entire enterprise.

And now here you all are, on ESMB, doing what you always did, trying to bully people who know more into agreeing with you.
Everybody joined scientology off the street, whether staff or public, thru marketing via a book or personal contact. Each knew nothing in the beginning but it sure sounded good, sounded sublime, and agreement was attained.

And yes, here "you" (we) all are, we and you meaning : exscientologists, get it?

I wonder if Hubbard would allow, if he were alive today, a exscientology message board and a scientology message board?

Of course he wouldn't, for the exscientology message board would be PTS and/or SP's, so Hubbard would not allow scientologists still members to communicate here. And the old fart, who said he failed as he told Sarge, would not allow exscientologists to communicate on his scientology message board.

LOL

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Everybody joined scientology off the street, whether staff or public, thru marketing via a book or personal contact. Each knew nothing in the beginning but it sure sounded good, sounded sublime, and agreement was attained.

And yes, here "you" (we) all are, we and you meaning : exscientologists, get it?

I wonder if Hubbard would allow, if he were alive today, a exscientology message board and a scientology message board?

Of course he wouldn't, for the exscientology message board would be PTS and/or SP's, so Hubbard would not allow scientologists still members to communicate here. And the old fart, who said he failed as he told Sarge, would not allow exscientologists to communicate on his scientology message board.

LOL
Did you come in off the street and sign a Sea Org contract?

Gib

Crusader
Did you come in off the street and sign a Sea Org contract?
I sort of did, but there was some time in between and drama.

I read dianetics, got a free auditing session, then paid for a bunch, joined staff at the org, left cuz I wasn't making it financially, got a job, continued on course (persuaded), went to LA for the Crusade (wollershein), knew nothing at the time really, in LA I signed a sea org contract to join the Sea Org Ship Project for OT8 release (sublime, I wanted to be part of the winning team and the top of the bridge), never made it to join SO staff.

Continued to get my life financially under control all the while wanting to go clear (sublime).

Ended up marrying a OT8 because of the sublime and good life to be had.

Turns out the whole thing, dianetics and scientology is a joke, it's all just mocked up in the mind thanks to hubbard's rhetoric and sublime.

From my experience.

phenomanon

Canyon
Throughout history people have reported the scent of flowers when visited by visions of people from beyond the grave. I don't know what causes it, but it's a well-known metaphysical phenomenon that for some reason is controversial among this learned crowd. I've always thought of it as the fragrance of spirit. The Catholics gave it a name:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odour_of_sanctity
I never knew that. I think it's interesting. But No, I never smelled a scent of flowers coming off OTs, unless they were Public members.
Yo! Sheila, you remember the Reg at ASHO named Penny who smelled strongly of Patchouli?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I never knew that. I think it's interesting. But No, I never smelled a scent of flowers coming off OTs, unless they were Public members.
Yo! Sheila, you remember the Reg at ASHO named Penny who smelled strongly of Patchouli?
Ah, Patchouli! If the sixties smelled of anything that was it. It had aphrodisiac properties apparently. Hmmm ... :)

JustSheila

Crusader
I remember Penny! :giggle: Yeh, I could smell the patchouli oil on her from 20 feet. Before the no-scent nonsense came down from the CMO.

Do you remember how after the no-scent rule, everyone was suddenly running SMELLS on their drug rundowns?

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Do you remember how after the no-scent rule, everyone was suddenly running SMELLS on their drug rundowns?
How would you run a smell on your DRD? You mean like as a somatic connected with something? I kinda lost track after AESP's (attitudes, emotions, sensations, and pains).

JustSheila

Crusader
How would you run a smell on your DRD? You mean like as a somatic connected with something? I kinda lost track after AESP's (attitudes, emotions, sensations, and pains).
Yeh, I don't remember exactly, but they were running the things they smelled as drugs and the scent as a sensation.

I suppose in some cases that makes sense, like you know, rubbing alcohol. It just got out of hand. My ex-husband camped out on his DRD, believing that by thinking of everything he ever smelled that might have gotten a reaction, that he'd get rid of his allergies. (He told me that at the time.) He apparently ran everything from parsley to cucumbers to morning dew.

Of course, that never worked and he still had his allergies as much as ever, but for a week or two he thought it did. Ah well.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Penny South?

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
It's like seeing an aura. Every now and then you see one but you know enough not to mention it to anyone. When someone was actively on a level anywhere from Power to OT3 the fragrance would follow their attention. Once when I was studying the levels @ ASHO and Larry Wollersheim (who I think was on Power) walked in and when he looked across the room I was hit by it -- within a year he would be on the roof of 1551 N La Brea threatening to throw himself off. It was almost an everyday thing, and wasn't just from scientologists. I was selling pretzels in the Whittier mall, and a small number of people emitted that non-physical fragrance when talking to me. Started noticing things like that after doing a whole lot of CCHs.

Gib

Crusader
It's like seeing an aura. Every now and then you see one but you know enough not to mention it to anyone. When someone was actively on a level anywhere from Power to OT3 the fragrance would follow their attention. Once when I was studying the levels @ ASHO and Larry Wollersheim (who I think was on Power) walked in and when he looked across the room I was hit by it -- within a year he would be on the roof of 1551 N La Brea threatening to throw himself off. It was almost an everyday thing, and wasn't just from scientologists. I was selling pretzels in the Whittier mall, and a small number of people emitted that non-physical fragrance when talking to me. Started noticing things like that after doing a whole lot of CCHs.
that's quite the metaphysical, rhetoric , sublime statement, Tomcat.

I don't buy it for a minute.

What you, you fail to communicate is that a person can go clear or OT?

Stop with your nonsense.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
that's quite the metaphysical, rhetoric , sublime statement, Tomcat.

I don't buy it for a minute.

What you, you fail to communicate is that a person can go clear or OT?

Stop with your nonsense.
And I'm not selling it.

I don't believe in Clear or OT, do you?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
a small number of people emitted that non-physical fragrance when talking to me. Started noticing things like that after doing a whole lot of CCHs.
Hubbard had that same olfactory condition and the Sea Org had to ban perfumes and anything scented in order that he not fly off into rage over all the funny smells in the air.
But I've never heard anyone claim there are "non-physical fragrances" as I've come to think of my very physical nose as being the instrument that gives me the sense of odors and can't fathom how non physical odors occur?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But I've never heard anyone claim there are "non-physical fragrances" as I've come to think of my very physical nose as being the instrument that gives me the sense of odors and can't fathom how non physical odors occur?
Non-physical odors? I copied this from http://paulsrobot3.com/woowoo/spotanangel/7HSP-options.htm for simplicity (mine) and highlighted the relevant bit. The original source is Barbara Brennan, author of Hands of Light etc.

The chakras each facilitate a different (higher sense) perception. The root chakra, chakra #1, supports HSP1, and so on:​
HSP1: where one will sort of connect to something and get a kind of physical feeling of it​
HSP2: feeling emotionally the thing​
HSP3: vague intuitive idea of something [the famous "gut feeling"]​
HSP4: sense the love (quantity and quality) pertaining to something (not your love for it)​
[bcolor=#99ccff]HSP5: where one will hear, smell or taste something[/bcolor]​
HSP6: one sees something, maybe in the mind's eye, or like a picture​
HSP7: full intuitive knowledge of something.​
We're into aura bodies, chakras, subtle-energy systems here. I'm not getting into a discussion on whether or not these things exist. Take it or leave it.
Paul

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
We're into aura bodies, chakras, subtle-energy systems here. I'm not getting into a discussion on whether or not these things exist. Take it or leave it.
I must have missed the conversion over to these things from the things from Scio that don't exist. Maybe the line in the sand comes clear in time?
I had always thought of chakras as energy specific bridges between the spiritual and the physical as located in body areas, therefore they can't be thought of as not having their physical components. So if one chakra contains the sense of smell that would be due to its physical connectivity but it's just a bridge between spiritual and physical.
Each chakra being a modulator and converter of energies so that we may control and experience our bodies, so it would make perfect sense that smell would be one of the experiences it would connect us to.

Last edited:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Hubbard had that same olfactory condition and the Sea Org had to ban perfumes and anything scented in order that he not fly off into rage over all the funny smells in the air.
Well, non-physical to the extent that people report it from non-physical people as well as physical people. The etheric body is closely tied to the physical body, so when sensing the etheric it will seem physical.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
"TomKat, post: 1186363, member: 3966"]
Well, non-physical to the extent that people report it from non-physical people as well as physical people. The etheric body is closely tied to the physical body, so when sensing the etheric it will seem physical.

Yes, now we're making sense with each other.
And in theory a spirit can command an etheric body and make contact with the physical plane, even by just locating somewhere w/o touching anything and where these energies interface with one another there could be particles getting cooked and moved about generating various odors, yes I can see where that would be possible.