What's new

America is broken...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, no answer there, I'll try again.

What is your problem with linking a video?

Do you think you could possibly answer the question this time?
If you would wait until I finish the post and read it you will your question answered

Yes, yes, yes...

Billy Martin always used to say to me "You're the kind of guy if someone asks you the time you tell them how to build a watch"

A mature figure of your impressive stature should be able to blend some patience into your impertinence.

Moreover, I got maybe two hours sleep last night, four the previous night and four Monday. Ten hours sleep in three days when twelve or more is my norm in the dorm or on the street. I'm evolving my intricate and sublime business plan which I have been outlining on this board and MY SKULL IS ON FIRE!!!!!

The shrinks would diagnose me "bi-polar/manic and shoot me up with thorazine prolixin stellarzine or - God Forbid! - hadol and hold me in communicado if they could get their vicious hands on me.

Again.

BASTARDS!!!

So I'm looked into overdrive and I put the spiffster through it's syncopated polyrhythmic paces pedal to the metal like some jazzed up modified Plymouth tanker car redneck hillbilly on a dusty Dixie mountain backroad on a moonlit midnight daddy's White Lightning run down into Nashville.

You know...

The usual.

So rather than hit the edit button on the previous post I'll cop it's closing phrase to title this one:

IN THE CONTEXT OF MID TWENTIETH CENTURY JAZZ

Coreyden's revelations pressed me, finally to broach the internet.

The librarian at the Hyde Park Branch grooved me in on reaching Barney Google with the goo-goo-googly eyes which led to the overlooked or ignored insight that the mad genius of the Campbell group had presaged the key to the internet, the search engine in 1950 in DMSMH when in likening (and differentiating) the human mind and the computer he had elucidated "the file clerk". It also led to many heavily inflammatory writings ninety percent of which were rank twisted perverted and perverse GARBAGE! and ten percent vaguely distressive and to the realization that CoS's current management is universally afflicted with cranialrectosis. It ultimately led to...

esmb?

What's this?

Hmmmmm...

FCDC?!?!?!?

More than four hundred pages of my old friends, colleagues, preclears auditors; fellow seekers, fellow wanderers, fellow fools, Nozeno (O I was in love with his wife!), TAJ, Mystic!!! Lynn Fountain (Miller) Campbell, Winston Smith, Uncle Sam et.al. I spent weeks reading every page of the longest livliest thread on the board and could resist no longer...

The rest is available for your perusal.

But I just plug in to esmb and post with one finger. I was here more than two years before I used an emoji and only just today changed fonts.

Of "links" I know more of lynx.

A link to "Take Five" should such be magnanymously forthcoming might soothe my own frazzled demeanor and perhaps be timely for any acquired readers as well

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
If you would wait until I finish the post and read it you will your question answered

Yes, yes, yes...

Billy Martin always used to say to me "You're the kind of guy if someone asks you the time you tell them how to build a watch"

A mature figure of your impressive stature should be able to blend some patience into your impertinence.

Moreover, I got maybe two hours sleep last night, four the previous night and four Monday. Ten hours sleep in three days when twelve or more is my norm in the dorm or on the street. I'm evolving my intricate and sublime business plan which I have been outlining on this board and MY SKULL IS ON FIRE!!!!!

The shrinks would diagnose me "bi-polar/manic and shoot me up with thorazine prolixin stellarzine or - God Forbid! - hadol and hold me in communicado if they could get their vicious hands on me.

Again.

BASTARDS!!!

So I'm looked into overdrive and I put the spiffster through it's syncopated polyrhythmic paces pedal to the metal like some jazzed up modified Plymouth tanker car redneck hillbilly on a dusty Dixie mountain backroad on a moonlit midnight daddy's White Lightning run down into Nashville.

You know...

The usual.

So rather than hit the edit button on the previous post I'll cop it's closing phrase to title this one:

IN THE CONTEXT OF MID TWENTIETH CENTURY JAZZ

Coreyden's revelations pressed me, finally to broach the internet.

The librarian at the Hyde Park Branch grooved me in on reaching Barney Google with the goo-goo-googly eyes which led to the overlooked or ignored insight that the mad genius of the Campbell group had presaged the key to the internet, the search engine in 1950 in DMSMH when in likening (and differentiating) the human mind and the computer he had elucidated "the file clerk". It also led to many heavily inflammatory writings ninety percent of which were rank twisted perverted and perverse GARBAGE! and ten percent vaguely distressive and to the realization that CoS's current management is universally afflicted with cranialrectosis. It ultimately led to...

esmb?

What's this?

Hmmmmm...

FCDC?!?!?!?

More than four hundred pages of my old friends, colleagues, preclears auditors; fellow seekers, fellow wanderers, fellow fools, Nozeno (O I was in love with his wife!), TAJ, Mystic!!! Lynn Fountain (Miller) Campbell, Winston Smith, Uncle Sam et.al. I spent weeks reading every page of the longest livliest thread on the board and could resist no longer...

The rest is available for your perusal.

But I just plug in to esmb and post with one finger. I was here more than two years before I used an emoji and only just today changed fonts.

Of "links" I know more of lynx.

A link to "Take Five" should such be magnanymously forthcoming might soothe my own frazzled demeanor and perhaps be timely for any acquired readers as well
Just type 'take five' into the search box on your browser.

When the Youtube video appears just copy and paste the url (on my firefox it's shown in green) into your post.

That's all.

A five year old can do it so I'm sure you can.

If doing the first bit is beyond you, here's the url, copy and paste it into your post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs

(Of course I've just done exactly that above but no video has appeared.) Don't ask. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
(Of course I've just done exactly that above but no video has appeared.) Don't ask. :biggrin:
With this forum software you want to push the button that looks like this:

button.PNG

Then copy and paste the YouTube link into the field that appears, then push the "insert" button.

phenomanon

Canyon
Phenom,

I don't participate on esmb anymore, interest is gone. But posts like this from you are a fresh breeze.
You are one of a kind :D

Love to you
Lotus
Lotus, you know that you will always be my Babygirl.

I think of you often and miss you terribly.

strativarius

View attachment 14737

Then copy and paste the YouTube link into the field that appears, then push the "insert" button.
I don't bother with all that, all you need to do is paste the url into your post, the XenForo software recognises it as media automatically and appends the appropriate tags. I'm just lazy and so far this has worked 100%. If and when it doesn't I'll resort to plan 'B' and do it by the book using the media icon as you suggest.

Oh, by the way T4, the reason it didn't seem to work in my post above is because I used the [noparse] tag (or rather the XenForo equivalent) so that CP could copy/paste it - an operation which seems to extend beyond his computer skills at present unfortunately.

Last edited:

strativarius

Yes, that's what I suspected and what I was afraid of. :(

I'm not giving any more extended tutorials. If you don't know how to highlight, copy and paste text by now I'm afraid I can't help you, perhaps some kind soul here will explain it to you. Anyway, it's purely academic now, T4 has generously posted the video for you (unlike the heartless bastard strativarius). Enjoy.

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
Well, thanks for backing me up there CP. I got told to 'Fuck Off' for my trouble, but don't worry, that won't ever happen again.
I went to the link where it was said that I gave you permission to you to address me as Phenomama.
I did not.
I said I liked it.
I like chocolate, too, but I don't wish to be called that.
Don't miss the point. You crossed a line with me when you brought my daughter into your plan.

strativarius

I went to the link where it was said that I gave you permission to you to address me as Phenomama.
I did not.
I said I liked it.
Don't miss the point. You crossed a line with me when you brought my daughter into your plan.
[1] I have never in my life addressed you as Phenomama.
[2] I have never in my life said a word about your daughter.

You told me to fuck off - consider it done!

phenomanon

Canyon
[1] I have never in my life addressed you as Phenomama.
[2] I have never in my life said a word about your daughter.

You told me to fuck off - consider it done!
Stratti, I know that! I got distracted and confused and went into a bad with C.P. The fucking reply was for him.Not for you. I know that you do not mention my daughter nor call me that name.
You have more compassion than that.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did not.
I said I liked it.
mea culpa

mea maxima culpa

guanoloco

As-Wased

View attachment 14737

The other thing is when watching a YouTube video click on it and then look for the share icon.

download.png

It will look something like that /\/\.

Click on it and an option will pop up to copy the link or url. That's the one you want.

Then do what Type4 says.

START!

strativarius

The other thing is when watching a YouTube video click on it and then look for the share icon.

View attachment 14754

It will look something like that /\/\.

Click on it and an option will pop up to copy the link or url. That's the one you want.

Then do what Type4 says.

START!
Jeez! You guys sure like to make life difficult for yerselves doncha? :biggrin:

Oops! The BB Code for the :biggrin: icon is :biggrin: Guess what I just typed by mistake - yup - :bigron: Doh!

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK.
Now, what about that spanking?
Mama, God rest her soul, could spank me so Phenomama could spank me Madame Phenom-Anon.

But you don't want me to call you Phenomama you don't even want you to call me Chocolate.

So...

May I call some chocolate for you and if so how do you prefer it; chocolate ice cream or vanilla with hot fudge topping? Chocolate cake? How about a German Black Forest cake or maybe one of Martha Stewart's boozhwah confections? A chocolate malted with two straws and the companion of your choice? A la Maison d'Oiseau-du-Bois un specialite du maison c'est, en Anglais "Demon Rum Creme" from a recipe published in Will Eisner's "Haunted Meals" circa 1974. One melts a package of Nestle chocolate chips with a 1/4 cup espresso in a double boiler, fold in 3 egg yolks and a dash of vanilla. Then I forget (another little senior moment) what you do with the egg whites but you don't toss them out, they go in with the rest of the glop and then you hand whip X amount of heavy cream and fold it in and three tablespoons of (as specified by Eisner) Myers Dark Jamaican Rum already went in before the egg whites and maybe something else, I forget, then you put it in the fridge to chill - NO YOU CRETINOUS MONGOLOID IDIOT!!! PUT IT IN A BOWL YOU MORON!!! YOU DON'T JUST POUR IT IN THE FRIDGE!!!

Jee-yay-zisss!

Buy him a book, send him to school...

What good does it do?

It's hard to get good help nowadays.

strativarius

What was the 'Huh?' for CP?

If you type :biggrin: into your post, this :biggrin: will appear instead - simple as that!

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just a little Rip Van Cyberwinkle shrug of the shoulders Stratsie.

Like everyone else, I am greatly impressed at the worlds opened by cybernetics but as a homeless person on the street selling an avant garde literary journal in order to scrounge by the goddam gadjets have screwed me all to hell and gone.

Back in the 80's I could go out on the street on a Saturday and sell dozens of copies. Now it's a bitch to sell a dozen on a weekend to the blankfaced cyberzombies drifting past lost in their dumbass gadjets...