What's new

NEW BOOK - Perfectly Clear: Escaping Scientology And Fighting For The Woman I Love

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientology, Homophobia and the Suspense of Disbelief.

Out FM: Scientology, Homophobia and the Suspense of Disbelief

http://outfm.org/liberation/index.p...logy-homophobia-and-the-suspense-of-disbelief

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Scientology, Homophobia and the Suspense of Disbelief.

Published: 14 October 2018

Gy5yrR0.jpg

Tune to Out-FM on Tuesday, Oct 16th from 8-10pm on WBAI/NY 99.5FM or wbai.org for a special on Scientology, how it uses unethical means to enforse their will on those that oppose them and it’s anti-gay policy with a special focus on former high ranking leader Michelle LeClair, a lesbian.

d2nMPB3.jpg

We'll present excerpts from the 3 time Emmy winning documentarly Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief. The film focuses on a number of former Scientology executives that left the Church for various reasons. It details the unethical methods of the group which range from using “audit” sessions against a person, if they ran afoul of the church hierarchy. Auditing is a religious practice similar to confession. The church also employs its congregants as snitches to spy on other church members and write up their “violations”. Additionally they’ve been show to engage in illegal practices in harassing former members, especially those that speak out against the Church of Scientology.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited:

No One

a girl is no one
Listened to the Audio Book. It's a great book with an engaging story line.
Pleasantly surprised. :)

CommunicatorIC

Publishers' Weekly has a short interview with Michelle LeClair.

Former Scientologist is ‘Perfectly Clear’ on Dangers of the Church

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw...perfectly-clear-on-dangers-of-the-church.html

What do you hope readers will take away from it?

I hope that when readers talk with their kids about not taking candy from strangers and not walking up to a van and pet a puppy they don’t know, that that also tell them to never ever walk into the Church of Scientology. As parents, we have to balance how to teach unconditional love and acceptance, but also teach discernment and a little bit of a critical eye so that groups like this cannot pull them in.

CommunicatorIC

Michelle LeClair, author of "Perfectly Clear: Escaping Scientology and Fighting for the Woman I Love," to appear at GLAAD Gala in Atlanta.

Georgia Voice: Transgender Advocate Amiyah Scott will be Honored at GLAAD Gala in Atlanta

https://thegavoice.com/community/tr...ott-will-be-honored-at-glaad-gala-in-atlanta/

Transgender advocate and actress on FOX’s “Star” Amiyah Scott will be honored at the 2018 GLAAD Atlanta Gala this Friday (November 9), GLAAD – the world’s largest LGBTQ media advocacy organization – announced today.

The gala is a celebration of national and local leaders accelerating LGBTQ acceptance. The event will be hosted by actress and recording artist Kat Graham. Appearances at the gala will include “Walking Dead” actor Daniel Newman, TV news host Thomas Roberts, author Michelle LeClair, singer Tena Clarke, and reality star and singer Jermaine Sellers. The Atlanta Gay Men’s Chorus will also perform.

CommunicatorIC

Michelle LeClair speaks at GLAAD Gala Atlanta.

The GA Voice: GLAAD Gala Atlanta Celebrates LGBTQ Stories and Advocates

https://thegavoice.com/community/glaad-gala-atlanta-celebrates-lgbtq-stories-and-advocates/

The night included stories from Michelle LeClair and Tena Clark, a review of the Rainbow Wave we saw in this past election from GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis, and an awarding of Amiyah Scott, transgender actress and activist, with GLAAD’s Rising Star Award.

[SNIP]

LeClair, an Atlanta-based author, shared her story of coming out while a part of the Church of Scientology, while Clark, an Atlanta-based singer, shared hers of growing up and coming out in rural Mississippi.

“I once lived a lie in a so-called religion that said being gay was a horrible thing,” LeClair said. “I came out within an organization that sought to suppress who I was and who I loved.”

“I am a story of the south, as I’m sure a lot of you are,” said Clark. “There wasn’t much space for living outside the lines beyond rigid gender roles and an old-fashioned, intolerant notion of who you could love.”

The point of these stories? To exhibit the importance of representation and hearing LGBTQ stories that GLAAD holds at the core of its mission.

“To me, what’s important is that our stories are shared with the LGBTQ community,” LeClair continued. “I feel that we all have stories to share… I know hearing stories like ours makes all the difference and I hope we can inspire others.”

“GLAAD has played an absolute vital role in empowering all of us to share our truth,” Clark added.

CommunicatorIC

New memoir recalls horrors of growing up in Scientology.

Washington Blade: New memoir recalls horrors of growing up in Scientology

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2018/11/23/new-memoir-recalls-horrors-of-growing-up-in-scientology/

As a teenager, LeClair fooled around once with a female friend, which she had to confess to a fellow Scientologist, information that went into a file. Even after LeClair married and had children, her long-ago fling was flung in her face repeatedly, particularly after she tried to divorce her abusive husband. Scientology has long considered homosexuality repugnant, she was reminded, and that nagged at her enough to make her question this faith in which she’d been raised.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
New memoir recalls horrors of growing up in Scientology.

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2018/11/23/new-memoir-recalls-horrors-of-growing-up-in-scientology/

As a teenager, LeClair fooled around once with a female friend, which she had to confess to a fellow Scientologist, information that went into a file. Even after LeClair married and had children, her long-ago fling was flung in her face repeatedly, particularly after she tried to divorce her abusive husband. Scientology has long considered homosexuality repugnant, she was reminded, and that nagged at her enough to make her question this faith in which she’d been raised.

CumfornicatorIC
How about some girl on girl video? :) You just made my ignore list.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
CumfornicatorIC
Over 60 posts by CommunicatorIC about this one book seems a little excessive. I've been ignoring this thread but I just looked in to see if there was anything new. Nope. I'll go back to ignoring it.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Over 60 posts by CommunicatorIC about this one book seems a little excessive. I've been ignoring this thread but I just looked in to see if there was anything new. Nope. I'll go back to ignoring it.
She's doing anything to promote sales, and now is using titillating bits of teen girl sex... I don't think choosing between religion and being gay is worthy of a book. This lady should just get a job and stop trying to be an entremanure who bilks old people out of their savings or ex scn's out of their lunch money.

CommunicatorIC

I try to post any news about this book, just like I try to post any news about any other book concerning Scientology, or any news about the COS - NOI alliance and partnership, or any other news about Scientology in general.

It just so happens that there have been more news stories, articles, etc. about this book about Scientology than other such books since Leah Remini's. (It may be because this may be the first book that addresses Scientology and LGBT issues at length.) Thus, more posts by me.

CommunicatorIC

She's doing anything to promote sales, and now is using titillating bits of teen girl sex...

Your characterization is both inaccurate and disgusting. The most recent article I posted states:

It is truly sad that you find the single phrase "fooled around once with a female friend" to be "titillating."

But hey, thank's for bumping the thread again. :cool:

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

South Magazine: Dangerously Clear

http://www.southmag.com/Dec-Jan-2019/Dangerously-Clear/

Former Scientologist shares her saga of leaving the church after coming out.

Looking back on the more than two decades she spent devoting an ever-increasing portion of her life — and her income — to the Church of Scientology, Michelle LeClair experiences a broad range of emotions.

Embarrassment that she was duped into following what she now calls a cult. Worry for those still caught in the web. Relief that she is finally free.

“It feels like another life, someone else’s story,” said LeClair, whose memoir, “Perfectly Clear: Escaping Scientology and Fighting for the Woman I Love,” was released in September and details her time in the church and the aftermath she had to deal with when she left.

* * * * * BEGIN CONCLUSION * * * * *

After years of repressing her own sexuality through the church’s “auditing” sessions, which in LeClair’s case wound up acting as a form of gay conversion therapy, she challenged the church’s stance on homosexuality (which it claims to have struck down decades ago, but others insist it still enforces) after falling in love with record producer Tena Clark.

She choose love, and the church didn’t take it well.

“I knew the rules, but I recklessly talked myself into believing that, because I was a top donor, contributing millions to the church, my relationship with a woman would be tolerated, or at least ignored,” LeClair wrote in the opening chapter of her book. “I couldn’t have been more mistaken.”

* * * * * END CONCLUSION * * * * *

I just came across this new video:

All Saints Church Pasadena
Published on Feb 7, 2019
"[On Michelle's first time at All Saints] I was talking to my dad outside the church -- and my dad had never been in Scientology -- and I said, 'You know, dad, you'll never guess where I'm standing,' and he said 'Where?' and I said 'I'm standing at an Episcopal church,' and he said 'Oh, you're coming back home, are you?' And I said, 'What do you mean?' He said, 'Michelle, that's where you were baptized. You were in the Episcopal church until you were four when your mom and I divorced.' -- I will say this: I really struggled with my relationship with God. I was not all in at that moment."
Presentation via Skype in the Rector's Forum by Michelle LeClair at All Saints Church, Pasadena, on Sunday, February 3, 2019.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
CumfornicatorIC
Lol

Does it triggers a button ???

They do the same you do playing sex...
They use their fingers, mouth and tongue and sometimes, apparently some use dildos...but indeed they don't like genuine little weenies...

:D

Well, that being said, we can graduate and move on...lol

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Lol

Does it triggers a button ???

They do the same you do playing sex...
They use their fingers, mouth and tongue and sometimes, apparently some use dildos...but indeed they don't like genuine little weenies...

:D

Well, that being said, we can graduate and move on...lol
They'd probably like the weenies lotus, it's just the men attached to them they don't like. :biggrin: