What's new

Dog PCs & Dog twins

Veda

Sponsor
All auditors and Scientology course students know about "dog pcs" and "dog twins" - the people no auditor wants as a pc, and the people no student wants as a twin.

Were you one such auditor or twin?

Or worse, were you a "dog pc" or a "dog twin"?

1200px-Goofy.svg.png

"Why doesn't anyone like me?"​

Gib

Crusader
All auditors and Scientology course students know about "dog pcs" and "dog twins" - the people no auditor wants as a pc, and the people no student wants as a twin.

Were you one such auditor or twin?

Or worse, were you a "dog pc" or a "dog twin"?

1200px-Goofy.svg.png

"Why doesn't anyone like me?"​
good question.

I was a good pc, and auditor and staff member. I followed all the rules because I thought I could go clear and then OT. And then I got an email from Debbie Cook, and she confirmed something was wrong in demark, which I thought there was, and lo and behold she was right. In the end I realized no clears or OT's.

Veda

Sponsor
Years ago I bumped into someone who had been both a "dog" pc and a "dog" twin.

He started telling me about - mostly petty - cruelties committed against him by Scientologists.

His attention was still stuck on this forty years later.

I helped him as best I could, wished him well, and said goodbye.

Edit: Should probably add to this that this person, during the 1960s, had had a big win at a book fair selling Dianetics books shortly after having completed the Comm Course. He face was frozen in an exaggerated "fixed glare" expression with eyes wide and bugged out.

Even among TR 0/blinkless Scientologists, this was regarded as strange. He was like a caricature of a Scientologist.

The point is that no one tried to help him. No one took pity. No one expressed compassion.

He was a vaguely tolerated oddball - A down stat and a dozen other derogatory Scientology tech names.

It was the same for all the other "dog pcs" and "dog twins." They were quickly abandoned and avoided as embarrassments. Scientology, with all its "tech," offered them no assistance.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The point is that no one tried to help him. No one took pity. No one expressed compassion.

He was a vaguely tolerated oddball - A down stat and a dozen other derogatory Scientology tech names.

It was the same for all the other "dog pcs" and "dog twins." They were quickly abandoned and avoided as embarrassments. Scientology, with all its "tech," offered them no assistance.
Scientology only admires you if you bring in stats with minimal work by them. If you actually need anything, then you are a dog, and need to be gotten rid of.

Reactions: Gib

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
There was a pc that was supposed to go on to do Power Processing. She had a stack of pc folders that would kill you if they toppled over. She seemed like she just walked off the street from Kookooville. The C/S told me to have the whole mess FESed and he would have to write up a repair program. I didn't stick around long enough for that to come to fruition.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Dunno, I saw mostly biatches getting whopped & whelped so I got out of the pound ASAP and watched from a safe distance till I made my break official..

Gib

Crusader
Scientology only admires you if you bring in stats with minimal work by them. If you actually need anything, then you are a dog, and need to be gotten rid of.
Chris Shelton did a recent video of his story. His story confirms what you say. I'd also confirm it. It's a good vid by Chris. I'm also from the same time period as Chris so I'm tracking with him. I like when he says he is not going to call it a church, but an org.

Chris's realization, at the end of the vid, was that no way scientology Sea Org, the so called elite of the elite, was going to "clear" the planet.

My realization, on the other hand, was since I'm married to a OT8 and know many clears and so called OT's, was that none existed. Myself being Grade 0 release, much below the exalted state of clear and OT.

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron

Well, it was never supposed to be about helping everyone, was it? It was supposed to be about "Helping the able to become more able." They told you that up front, one of the few things scn was actually honest about.

I'm going to take a perhaps unpopular viewpoint here and say that there were some people who really weren't worth it. During the time I was on staff (almost my entire scn career) I noticed an increasing tendency for Div VI to drag in off the street almost anybody whose breath still showed on a mirror. These people would scrape together $50 for a Comm Course, where they required an inordinate amount of the supervisor's attention. If they could be pushed, pulled, and dragged through the course, they stalled, because they couldn't come up with the money for another course.

What became of these people? They got regged for staff, where they either blew or sometimes remained FOR YEARS without ever advancing up the bridge AT ALL. Again, they ate up a lot of other staff members' time getting WC'ed, etc. because they could barely read. They weren't even literate enough to read a simple scn book.* (By a simple scn book I mean something like "Fundamentals of Thought," not The Volunteer Minister's Handbook).

I don't want to come off as too much of a hard-ass here. I'm really not a bad guy. I could never keep the "fixed, dedicated glare" going for very long; I was sometimes accused of being too namby-pamby. I tried to help these people.

But I didn't join scn to become a saint. I liked the idea of "helping the able." There are some people who are not ready to be helped. Or who I am not ready to help, at least. And that doesn't just apply to scn.

* During the Dn Clear craze of '78-79, some of these people who'd never had any auditing were actually declared Clear! What a joke.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
"Making the able more able" was Hubbard's way of saying, in the 1950s, "We're not interested in crazy people, cripples, or the retarded."

There's a definite absence of wheelchairs around Scientology orgs. Scientology dislikes what it perceives as "down stats," except when those down stats have lots of money.

And then there's the complicating (and seemingly conflicting) factor of Hubbard's desire to "take over mental healing in all its forms."

Hubbard saw taking over mental healing (and thus being the one who decides who is sane or insane) as a route to power.

I was going to quote the below post and transfer it to this thread, but that function has been removed from the post (and the thread), so I'll just post this link:

How many people went type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org? | Page 8 | Ex Scientologist Message Board

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The Pareto principle states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. Coincidentally, 20% is Hubbard's figure for the percentage of PTSes, if I recall it correctly.

The sup equivalent of the dog pc (weren't they declared non-existent by Hubbard?) was the "slow student", whose existence Hubbard also denied. As a sup, I tried not to spend more than their fair share of time on such students (unless they were pretty girls, of course -- ahem). I didn't mind dumping them on word-clearers, as the word-clearers had to spend their time doing something, even if there was little effective ROI. Or beans for beans, I should say.

I was usually a pretty good student. It was excruciating to get twinned with one of these boggers. For an hour or two was one thing, but on the KTL course for literally months of M9 at 5 hours a day, momma mia! Graduating from that course was sheer ecstasy. Unwritten success story:

:woohoo: I don't have to do this fucking course any more!!!
Paul​

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
It was supposed to be about "Helping the able to become more able." They told you that up front, one of the few things scn was actually honest about.
Correct me but didn't the "helping the able become more able" come into vogue only once Dianetics proved it coudn't help the people with the conditions they had as was advertised by Hubbard hisself in Dianetics The Modern....?
Then he came up with Scientology with the "able only" bit where they then had an excuse to dump dog pc's as trouble as well as selectively rid themselves of anyone who had ever taken LSD back when it was in vogue. They had learned CYA all too well by then.

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Correct me but didn't the "helping the able become more able" come into vogue only once Dianetics proved it coudn't help the people with the conditions they had as were advertised by Hubbard hisself in Dianetics The Modern....?
Then he came up with Scientology with the "able only" bit where they then had an excuse to dump dog pc's as trouble as well as selectively rid themselves of anyone who had ever taken LSD back when it was in vogue. They had learned CYA all too well by then.
In the early days apparently they tried to audit anyone who walked in the door.

"A young man came in one day with a loudly blaring portable radio. He wanted to have a demonstration, so I got him in session and as usual immediately asked him to return to conception. As he recounted the incident, he came to a point where he drew a good sized knife, stood up and began to walk toward me brandishing the knife. This alarmed me considerably but I managed not to panic, as I considered what to do."
-- "My Discovery of Dianetics" by Bob Ross

http://freezoneearth.org/ivy/35/ross1.html

phenomanon

Canyon
good question.

I was a good pc, and auditor and staff member. I followed all the rules because I thought I could go clear and then OT. And then I got an email from Debbie Cook, and she confirmed something was wrong in demark, which I thought there was, and lo and behold she was right. In the end I realized no clears or OT's.
I audited the "dog pc", but I wouldn't wait for a "dog twin".
The PCs who were "dogs" were " cash cows".

phenomanon

Canyon
Well, it was never supposed to be about helping everyone, was it? It was supposed to be about "Helping the able to become more able." They told you that up front, one of the few things scn was actually honest about.

I'm going to take a perhaps unpopular viewpoint here and say that there were some people who really weren't worth it. During the time I was on staff (almost my entire scn career) I noticed an increasing tendency for Div VI to drag in off the street almost anybody whose breath still showed on a mirror. These people would scrape together $50 for a Comm Course, where they required an inordinate amount of the supervisor's attention. If they could be pushed, pulled, and dragged through the course, they stalled, because they couldn't come up with the money for another course.

What became of these people? They got regged for staff, where they either blew or sometimes remained FOR YEARS without ever advancing up the bridge AT ALL. Again, they ate up a lot of other staff members' time getting WC'ed, etc. because they could barely read. They weren't even literate enough to read a simple scn book.* (By a simple scn book I mean something like "Fundamentals of Thought," not The Volunteer Minister's Handbook).

I don't want to come off as too much of a hard-ass here. I'm really not a bad guy. I could never keep the "fixed, dedicated glare" going for very long; I was sometimes accused of being too namby-pamby. I tried to help these people.

But I didn't join scn to become a saint. I liked the idea of "helping the able." There are some people who are not ready to be helped. Or who I am not ready to help, at least. And that doesn't just apply to scn.

* During the Dn Clear craze of '78-79, some of these people numberswho'd never had any auditing were actually declared Clear! What a joke.
Yeah. I was auditing them on Dn Clear D of Ps. Later on DCSIs, and later still CCRDs. Every 'stalled, bogged, person was buying Clear numbers. Even before the rush to attest was over, we were being asked to tell people that they were not Clear, after they had already attested. During the same session that we informed them that ooops they were not really Clear, we were instructed by C/S to fly their ruds. The Gall of it! Of course they were upset!
Next is the Program to Handle: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Gib

Crusader

* During the Dn Clear craze of '78-79, some of these people who'd never had any auditing were actually declared Clear! What a joke.
yep, and in reading Tony Ortega blog today, via Rod Keller write-up, all these these people who donate to the ideal org are able:

https://tonyortega.org/2018/12/02/h...a-city-without-any-scientologists/#more-52678

What a bunch of useful idiots. All for the cause of clear and OT and a cleared planet.

They all deserve a flunk for comm lag, for lack of due diligence, for lack of critical thinking, for lack of look, don't listen (or read and then really look).

I'm proud to mention I did not do what I just stated when I got involved. But know I have now done that and hope others do as well.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dulloldfart said:
"weren't they declared non-existent by Hubbard?"

Per the tech dictionary, LRH said that "someone who cannot audit, whose TRs are out, whose metering is bad and who never keeps the code always says that his PCs are dogs." In other words, he was saying that there were no duff PCs, only duff auditors.