What's new

Greetings everyone

Tbush

Patron
I have read about former members who have escaped from this organization. I just started reading probably my 4th former member book. What I'd like to know is what kind of work are these members doing 12+ plus hours a day 7 days a week? I know they have have members watching others but besides renovating buildings and all of these titles that they have, I still can't figure out or find out what is all of the work consist of.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I have read about former members who have escaped from this organization. I just started reading probably my 4th former member book. What I'd like to know is what kind of work are these members doing 12+ plus hours a day 7 days a week? I know they have have members watching others but besides renovating buildings and all of these titles that they have, I still can't figure out or find out what is all of the work consist of.
What they think they are doing is 'saving the planet' (don't ask) ... what they are actually doing is working as virtual slaves to make money for the cofs, which used to mean making money for hubbard. Where the money goes now is anybody's guess but miscavige (he grabbed the position of leader when hubbard died) seems to treat it as if it belongs to him (though I doubt if many of the staff are aware of that) and he spends his time keeping the hubbard dream nightmare alive.

Welcome to ESMB!

Tbush

Patron
What they think they are doing is 'saving the planet' (don't ask) ... what they are actually doing is working as virtual slaves to make money for the cofs, which used to mean making money for hubbard. Where the money goes now is anybody's guess but miscavige (he grabbed the position of leader when hubbard died) seems to treat it as if it belongs to him (though I doubt if many of the staff are aware of that) and he spends his time keeping the hubbard dream nightmare alive.

Welcome to ESMB!
Thank you for the welcome! Besides renovating buildings I've only heard one member state that he worked with VHS cassettes. Basically I think packing and shipping or something simular. All of these books tells of people pencil pushing etc. but regarding what since "wogs" have nothing to do with them and the members already believe the message so...........?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Thank you for the welcome! Besides renovating buildings I've only heard one member state that he worked with VHS cassettes. Basically I think packing and shipping or something simular. All of these books tells of people pencil pushing etc. but regarding what since "wogs" have nothing to do with them and the members already believe the message so...........?
They are 'saving the planet' one pencil push at a time.

Somebody has to do it!

:D

It's a cult ... it doesn't have to make sense.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I guess that you are asking about Scientology staff?
Yes I am.
The work day items depends on if the staffer is on EPF, RPF, or regular post (Sea Org).

I was never in the Sea Org. I was a course supervisor on franchise mission staff.
Yes, I was there about 12+ hours per day, Monday through Saturday, and about 5 hours on Sunday.

My day started with doing TRs with other staffers.
Then I would study HCOBs (and/or listen to LRH taped lectures) for 2 or 3 hours.
Then I supervised a course room until about 8pm.

After all these decades later I don't remember the exact hours.
Maybe @pineapple remembers the exact franchise mission staff times better than me.

Last edited:

Tbush

Patron
The work day items depends on if the staffer is on EPF, RPF, or regular post (Sea Org).

I was never in the Sea Org. I was a course supervisor on franchise mission staff.
Yes, I was there about 12+ hours per day, Monday through Saturday, and about 5 hours on Sunday.

My day started with doing TRs with other staffers.
Then I would study HCOBs (and/or listen to LRH taped lectures) for 2 or 3 hours.
Then I supervised a course room until about 8pm.

After all these decades later I don't remember the exact hours.
Maybe @pineapple remembers the exact franchise mission staff times better than me.
Did you live on their site or your own? What made you decide to join, did they approach you on the street etc?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jeffrey Augustine's site is excellent for understanding the real nature of the organization:

https://scientologymoneyproject.com/2018/03/17/scientology-master-index-of-subjects-and-people/

If you want to get an idea of what a typical organization looks like on paper run an image search for "scientology 7 division org board". Keep in mind that is a fantasy. The way the hierarchy really works is more like a mafiaesque maze designed to keep the left hand from knowing what the right hand is doing.

Here is a way to look at it. They are essentially supposed to be delivering their version of therapy aka auditing and the training to audit. All the administration work should be oriented around that. BUT, if you consider that there is no such thing as a Clear or state of Operating Thetan then that is all a bunch of hooey. So that leaves their real estate portfolio. Ironically Scientology looks down on anything having to do with the wog world and their MEST (physical universe) technology or values but if the only thing of real value in Scientology is real estate then the only people of value working for Scientology are those people who are doing wog MEST oriented jobs.

To provide auditing and training you need fairly intelligent literate people but if they have relegated auditing and training to a lower priority because their revenue emphasizes IAS donations and catering to whales then they really only need cheap labor to clean, cook and do maintenance and it does appear that they hire a lot of people from places like Russia and South America for that very purpose.

Various attempts at estimating the number of Sea Org crew come in around 3500 - 5000. A long time ago I would say that that included a lot of very capable people who were just caught up in a con but given their chronically crashed statistics, if they even publish them anymore, I'd expect that the average level of competency is very low. Also, a long time ago there was a lot of initiative amongst staff but the management structure has been so gutted to remove anyone who could challenge Miscavige that the whole operation must be like the workers in Metropolis by now just going through the motions in a well worn rut.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board, @Tbush.

As TheOriginalBigBlue said, the orgs are supposed to be there to sell and deliver scn training and auditing. To do this, they need a flow of public into the buildings. The way we got this was almost entirely through body routing, i.e. approaching people on the street and getting them to come in for the infamous "free personality test." Then you find their "ruin," the thing about themselves that they most want to change, and convince them that "scientology can help you with that" (no matter what it is).

Ideally the new person now goes onto the Comm Course, the first course that most people do. Failing that, you try to sell them a scn book. We always pushed DMSMH (Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health). Maybe you invite them back for a free lecture. (I was unimpressed by the personality eval and wouldn't go for the book at first, but I came back for the lecture, liked it, so I bought the book, and finally went for the course.)

The Comm Course is probably the best thing scn has to offer. Once a person has completed the course and is "winning," you get him to sign up for another (slightly more expensive) course, or if he has money, you try to sell him (very expensive) auditing. If the person is now convinced that "scientology works" but has run out of money, you get him to join staff, where he can now contribute to "clearing the planet" by repeating the process I've just described on others.

I'm describing the scene 35+ years ago when I was in. Now that the cat is out of the bag and you can learn all about scn on the internet, I imagine the flow of new public has dropped to near zero and they're just milking existing public for all they're worth.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
(bold emphasis mine.)

For Sea Org staff maybe @Dulloldfart might answer providing details about his staff work details.

I am still trying to address your original question.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
The Staff handle "particles."

The "public" are particles. Papers of various types are particles....

The Staff push the particles thru the org getting them to do things...courses, auditing...or keeping track of everything...

The Staff have to keep track of EVERYTHING a public particle does...

The Staff keep track or records of EVERYTHING they do....

The Staff does this by keeping "Stats" or statistics of what they have accomplished....

These Stats are then pushed upwards to higher level Staff.....

The higher level staff Evaluate the Stats and decide what to do to increase the Stats. This might entail finding a Why. The Why is always a Who.....

These higher level Staff then write Programs....

These programs are designed to increase Stats...or correct stats...or find a Who.

The higher level staff may send down a group a teenage girls or boys to crack the whip and get these programs done. Or they might try to find a Who.

These kids are on a "Mission....."

Edited:

Every Staff Member of any Cult Organization is assigned a Post.

All "posts" are on a Organization Board....

Hubbard stated that he copied this Organization Board from an alien civilization from 76 Million years ago. ( in a different Galaxy that we all came from...) Hubbard also stated that he made some corrections and "fixed" the errors to that Organization Board ....and that is the Org Board that all Cult Orgs function off of. ( or are suppose to...)

Each Post has a "Hat" that one must study to perform correctly and successfully on that Post.

Last edited:

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
The Staff handle "particles."

The "public" are particles. Papers of various types are particles....

The Staff push the particles thru the org getting them to do things...courses, auditing...or keeping track of everything...

The Staff have to keep track of EVERYTHING a public particle does...

The Staff keep track or records of EVERYTHING they do....

The Staff does this by keeping "Stats" or statistics of what they have accomplished....

These Stats are then pushed upwards to higher level Staff.....

The higher level staff Evaluate the Stats and decide what to do to increase the Stats. This might entail finding a Why. The Why is always a Who.....

These higher level Staff then write Programs....

These programs are designed to increase Stats...or correct stats...or find a Who.

The higher level staff may send down a group a teenage girls or boys to crack the whip and get these programs done. Or they might try to find a Who.

These kids are on a "Mission....."

Edited:

Every Staff Member of any Cult Organization is assigned a Post.

All "posts" are on a Organization Board....

Hubbard stated that he copied this Organization Board from an alien civilization from 76 Million years ago. ( in a different Galaxy that we all came from...) Hubbard also stated that he made some corrections and "fixed" the errors to that Organization Board ....and that is the Org Board that all Cult Orgs function off of. ( or are suppose to...)

Each Post has a "Hat" that one must study to perform correctly and successfully on that Post.
Yes - you really nailed it.

Particles - that is what we are

Right now, I am an Ethics Particle because I KNOW what Scientology is (it's an evil cult that destroys people) and what Scientology is not (a church that helps people).

guanoloco

As-Wased
There's tons of filing, ethics files, PC (pre clear) folders, CF (central files) which is every contact that has purchased a book or anything. There's tons of writing letters and passing out promo and routing "bodies" (people) into films, lectures and tests. Calling up "public" for graduation ceremonies, events, stat reporting all sorts of things to get them to come in and either buy something or donate money. It's always money.

books into libraries
programs into schools
programs into prisons
the Way to Happiness campaigns
the International Association of Scientologists donations
Citizen's Commission on Human Rights donations
things like Ideal Orgs donations
things like the Basics donations
things like Super Power donations
Maiden Voyages
Flag tours
I HELP
selling books door to door
book fairs

It's endless.

It's all about pushing paper and making money. That's all it does. Auditing is secondary and training is indoctrination.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

....What I'd like to know is what kind of work are these members doing 12+ plus hours a day 7 days a week? I know they have have members watching others but besides renovating buildings and all of these titles that they have, I still can't figure out or find out what (does) all of the work consist of(?)

ANSWER: Approximately 2.5% of the Scientologists are directly involved in the application of their advanced technology to Clear individuals. The other 97.5% of Scientolgists are directly involved in investigating, writing reports, condemning and torturing the 2.5% for sabotaging the technology and not completing the simple task of "clearing the planet".

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
For Sea Org staff maybe @Dulloldfart might answer providing details about his staff work details.
I was in the SO from 1972-1996. The emphasis in the 70s at staff level in a service org -- delivering Scientology auditing and training to public, rather than managing -- really was on auditing and training, with peripheral actions as needed. My first post, for about 18 months, was in the Accounts Division doing bookkeeping, verifying bills and doing all the admin needed to get them paid short of actually signing the cheques. This was fairly similar to what would be done in any organisation.

I had another post for a few years that involved writing letters to prospective future students and preclears. The names/addresses came from Central Files, basically anyone who had ever bought a book or done a service in our organization, or since this was an Advanced Organization anyone in "our field" (originally UK, Australia, New Zealand) who had completed a service there. So I would dictate 1000 letters a week mostly to people on the other side of the planet saying things like "Dear John, I see you completed the Communications Course there in Melbourne four years ago. How was it? Did you find it helped you in life? Sincerely, ...." This was a colossal waste of promotional money!

For maybe 10 years I worked as a Course Supervisor, kinda like a teacher but each of the students worked on a self-study basis. So there might be 20 students in the courseroom at one time doing 10 different courses. It was my job to give assistance as needed to help them move through their study programs so that at the end of the course they could "do it", whatever the course involved.

Overall, many of the jobs in a Scientology org are just routine actions that any organization has, but with a Scn flavour. Also, many of them are batshit insane too, but that's another story. :)

Paul

JustSheila

Crusader
Every single job in a basic Scientology organization (not management organizations or Sea Org, but Sea Org service delivery orgs are similar) are described in the green (organization executive course) volumes.

You can usually find them cheap online. Volume 0 covers the basics and includes the Scientology organization chart and explains the basic functions of posts in a Scientology organization. Even COS makes the Scientology organization chart available online - it's not confidential or anything, doesn't show upper management or who really runs things or that sort of thing, just what sort of functions people have in Scientology organizations. It's a business to make money with a very weird product and has all the business functions, plus a lot of extras, lol. :giggle:

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
@Dulloldfart Were you ever sent to RPF and if so, please tell me about it.
Twice, first in UK about 1979, then in Los Angeles in 1996. There's lots on ESMB about the RPF you can Google. For example:

site:exscn.net rpf dulloldfart
Paul

phenomanon

Canyon
Paperwork.:D