What's new

Expanded Tone Scale

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
This is interesting...I never knew this.

When I hear "exteriorized" or any variation the Hubbard descriptions come to mind where it's you with all your current perceptions, all 52 of them or whatever but certainly sight, sound, smell and touch, outside of your body and independent of it. What's more the usual statement is that these perceptions are clearer not so much from enhancement but as a result of being free or freed from the MEST impediment filter which degrades them.

Also, one is mobile and able to move up, down and around. Apparently, through walls and ceilings and all that...like a conscious ghost.

OK, that's the classic rendition. There's also variants that are weaker and shallower where a person may be half or partially ept.

I'm curious to hear Terril's version in detail now.
I'm not in the least interested in Terril's version, what my views on that are I'm going to keep to myself for the present. No, what I'm interested in is (and I know I've droned on and on about this) HOW? How do you see without eyes, hear without ears, smell without a nose? OK, you can do it. Please tell me HOW!!!

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Just a change in location and viewpoint. I didn't let go
of [or lose] my bodies perceptions
OK so then what were the combined perceptions of both bodily and exterior perceptions for you, and how did you divide yourself to have both separate and differing perspectives at once?

guanoloco

As-Wased
For me "Going 3 feet back of my head" describes what I
experienced. This started happening age 6 and it scared me.
No one could understand what I was talking about.

When I first did this at will apart from moving apparent location it also went along with being more at cause over
my environment. My mum was scolding and nagging me about
something, as mums do, and I felt this would be more comfortable if in an exterior state and so it was. I then
went in and out a few times to try out this new ability.

I think that doing this is something anyone could learn
to do eventually and it may require some processing as well
as practice. I have met several people who could do
this. Also met someone who could do what I believe is usually called astral walking, moving to another location and percieving things. For me she is a credible witness.

Many have experienced special abilities. See this forum
for example and probably none of the people writing are
scientologists.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/archive/index.php?t-60397.html

That appears like the pretty standard deal. Did you observe your body as being separate from it?

strativarius

OK so then what were the combined perceptions of both bodily and exterior perceptions for you, and how did you divide yourself to have both separate and differing perspectives at once?
It was WiFi DG. The brain transmits the perceptics through empty space from the body to the thetan using transverse waves otherwise known as electromagnetism. It's a no-brainer!

guanoloco

As-Wased
I'm not in the least interested in Terril's version, what my views on that are I'm going to keep to myself for the present. No, what I'm interested in is (and I know I've droned on and on about this) HOW? How do you see without eyes, hear without ears, smell without a nose? OK, you can do it. Please tell me HOW!!!

Here's another thing I've always pondered.

A thetan is supposed to not be located in space or defined by MEST...there is no up, down, right or left, right?

So the body has forward looking eyes because of their location in space...in this instance, your freaking strat head, strat.

If a thetan could factually exteriorize why would it then experience sight as a body with only a foward facing view?

Why wouldn't it "see" not only in full 360 degrees but a complete spherical view simultaneously?

strativarius

Here's another thing I've always pondered.

A thetan is supposed to not be located in space or defined by MEST...there is no up, down, right or left, right?

So the body has forward looking eyes because of their location in space...in this instance, your freaking strat head, strat.

If a thetan could factually exteriorize why would it then experience sight as a body with only a foward facing view?

Why wouldn't it "see" not only in full 360 degrees but a complete spherical view simultaneously?
It would be fun to continue this discussion, but since I don't believe in 'thetans' there's not a lot I can seriously contribute.

Terril park

Sponsor
The same. But it was just a change of viewpoint
and I didn't divide myself whatever that means. When
exterior everything just seemed further away, but
otherwise the same. However the perception seemed
from my eyes.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
from my eyes.
Oddly, at least compared to my brothers and various relatives I have keen recollections going back to being in the crib as a baby to some extent anyway. This is when I have assorted memories of being out and about. When I was in front of my mother, grandmother and cousin in the adjoining room from where my young body slept in the crib I had only non-body perceptions, I even saw that I had some sort of mostly transparent plasma body that became slightly illuminated by the black and white TV they were watching while I hovered and danced in front of it. Only my cousin could see me and he was scared shitless as he was off to the side and wasn't looking through me to the TV like the others.
The time in kindergarten I was brought back to my body against my will by guides, let's call them, and saw my body looking up at me from 5 feet above before they slammed me back in and fixed whatever gateway I had been able to get through.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
The more I looked at that after I'd written it the more I thought to myself, '"You know what stratty you asshole, you just might be on to something there." :biggrin:
Yeah, you may have hit on the truth behind one of the many mysteries of this realm. And it would seem that we are not the only ones picking up on the broadcast!

strativarius

Yeah, you may have hit on the truth behind one of the many mysteries of this realm. And it would seem that we are not the only ones picking up on the broadcast!
I'm only joking DG. Auras, ESP, Past Lives, God, Exteriorisation, I leave all that stuff for old Mimsey. When concrete, irrefutable PROOF of just one of those is delivered I'll think again.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I'm only joking DG. Auras, ESP, Past Lives, God, Exteriorisation, I leave all that stuff for old Mimsey. When concrete, irrefutable PROOF of just one of those is delivered I'll think again.
Yeah I know, that's why I rarely talk about it. I experienced it without there being any way to prove it. But those experiences lead me to Scientology where they lied about their ability to restore such abilities, they couldn't and can't. Why the "Be three feet back..." drill worked on me the last time I ever got out back in 72 was because the guy slipped it in during a regular conversation about God knows what but it hit me and bang I went out the back of my head and it scared the fucking shit out of me, in their terms a total loss of havingness and I didn't know that I could get back in, though I did after maybe only a few seconds and I've never been out since. Hours spent doing TR's will lock you down into you head like nothing else will.

Last edited:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
In case this is a sincere question: There is a theory of various subtle bodies, one of them being the etheric body which is tuned to the physical realm; unlike the astral body, which is tuned to the astral realm. So it's not a matter of not having eyes to see, it's a matter of exteriorizing the etheric body from the physical body.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
from my eyes.
Yes, I had that same experience.
However, I don't consider that experience as being "exterior" from the body.
It's a visual distortion (brain effect).

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
[="programmer_guy, post: 1190351, member: 33"]
Yes, I had that same experience.
However, I don't consider that experience as being "exterior" from the body.
It's a visual distortion (brain effect)

Yes, I had that same thing going on for some years in my early 20's where I always felt like I was floating just a little ways out of my head. I noticed that when I walked I no longer felt the jarring in my head when I walked. I really do feel that I'd gone numb in the head from doing TR's.

Last edited:

strativarius

In case this is a sincere question: There is a theory of various subtle bodies, one of them being the etheric body which is tuned to the physical realm; unlike the astral body, which is tuned to the astral realm. So it's not a matter of not having eyes to see, it's a matter of exteriorizing the etheric body from the physical body.
I couldn't be more sincere, but your answer hasn't really got me any further towards understanding how one processes incoming stimuli like vision, sound etc. without the aid of sensory organs and a brain to organise it all. I don't mean to sound rude or disrespectful, but saying "it's a matter of exteriorizing the etheric body from the physical body" doesn't provide me with the detailed information I'm looking for.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I couldn't be more sincere, but your answer hasn't really got me any further towards understanding how one processes incoming stimuli like vision, sound etc. without the aid of sensory organs and a brain to organise it all. I don't mean to sound rude or disrespectful, but saying "it's a matter of exteriorizing the etheric body from the physical body" doesn't provide me with the detailed information I'm looking for.
If I may, this etheric body seems to be an extremely sticky thetan suit you become convinced to try on and then find you can't get out of it and that suit is tuned into this physical realm and through it you see and experience this realm like it's some kind of a radio receiver and that is the thing that gets you stuck in a head. It just won't unbind with the body once it gets situated until death or later... I only saw it once when I was out and in front of a TV and the black and white rays illuminated it scaring the shit out of my cousin off to the left from me watching the TV. My grandmother couldn't see it at all and I sensed that my mother thought she was imagining it or it made her think of me and she got lost in thought, but she didn't react at all.
I gotta add that it was a tremendously vivid experience that, unfortunately, there's just no way to save the experience on video to show others.
Plus I have to say that doing TR's makes you reinforce "being there in your head", it just locks you in all the way. You get in Scientology to rehabilitate your ability to exteriorize and go places, instead you become solid as concrete in your skull and never to budge again.

Last edited: