What's new

Why do people think it is necessary to be tolerant of religion?

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
O wow. I thought "Tone 40" meant delivering a communication as a "command", projecting such intention that the recipient of that communication has no choice or thought but to comply.
Yes, "Tone 40" in your sense is short for "command with Tone 40 intention".

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
O wow. I thought "Tone 40" meant delivering a communication as a "command", projecting such intention that the recipient of that communication has no choice or thought but to comply.
Yes, that too, but I would believe it's primary, central meaning is "Serenity of Beingness"

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Yes, that too, but I would believe it's primary, central meaning is "Serenity of Beingness"
Serenity of Beingness my arse! I don't know where Hubbard got the scale this 'state' belongs in, probably purloined from Crowley, have to ask Veda about that, but it's all meaningless psychobabble IMO.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
When you really think about it 'tone 40' was just yet another of many cult bullying control techniques ... back in the day it worked pretty well too but try it on the average person these days (apart from current scientologists) and they would just laugh or smack you one!

People are not as easily manipulated these days ... I'd pay money to see a scientologist use 'tone 40' to try and 'handle' a meth (ice) user.

:whistling:

Miscavige has certainly not bothered to use much (or any) 'tone 40' ... he just continued to use his own methods ... screeching, performing like a spoiled brat and physically attacking people in order to get his own way.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
When you really think about it 'tone 40' was just yet another of many cult bullying control techniques ... back in the day it worked pretty well too but try it on the average person these days (apart from current scientologists) and they would just laugh or smack you one!

People are not as easily manipulated these days ... I'd pay money to see a scientologist use 'tone 40' to try and 'handle' a meth (ice) user.

Miscavige has certainly not bothered to use much (or any) 'tone 40' ... he just continued to use his own methods ... screeching, performing like a spoiled brat and physically attacking people in order to get his own way.

"just another cult bullying tactic" is not what Tone 40 is ITYIWT.

It is truly a profound philosphical/spiritual concept.

Just another cult bullying tactic is what it gets turned into by the wretched stinking bipeds infesting this blue orb and seem to have tone 40 intention that everything shall be turned into s***

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
"just another cult bullying tactic" is not what Tone 40 is ITYIWT.

It is truly a profound philosphical/spiritual concept.

Just another cult bullying tactic is what it gets turned into by the wretched stinking bipeds infesting this blue orb and seem to have tone 40 intention that everything shall be turned into s***

True ... hubbard was a wretched stinking biped for marketing so many 'philosophical/spiritual' concepts and insisting they must be used (to the letter ... or else!) to control and enforce his demands, but he's dead now, so that's good.

freethinker

Sponsor
Thanks for the encouragement Sheila, and I will take you up on it; only, as I am still very new here, indulge me by telling me the best forum category to go for. Subject of first discussion, alike this one seemed to be at first, 'religions and cults, overlaps and differences'. unless you can improve on that before we start?
With your knowledge of religion, continue with this one while exploring others till you see something else that peeks your interest.