What's new

Strange experiences in your life whilst in Scientology?

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I was just thinking about some of the strange stuff that happened to me while I was in Scientology, and wondering whether anyone else had experienced strangeness while they were in. I don't mean in the orgs themselves - I mean in the rest of your life. I'll give you a couple of examples that I experienced....

I've mentioned this one before, and I've had it corroborated by some other ex Scientologists who experienced the same thing. Whenever I used to go to St. Hill, or other major orgs such as ITO, and I had to take a flight or a coach or a train, I would be convinced that there must be tens or hundreds of Scientologists on the same flight, coach or train. I'd be looking around, thinking "I wonder which ones are Scientologists?" In reality, there was almost no chance that there were any other Scientologists on the same train, but it was almost like I'd gone to Harry Potter's platform 12-and-three-quarters, so that there couldn't be any muggles (wogs) on the same train.

Another thing happened to me while I was having sec checking about 2D stuff, wherein I was confessing all my private thoughts and acts on the second dynamic. I walked past a couple who were performing a sex act in a fairly public place. I'd never experienced anything like that previously, and it was very strange to see that. And yet, it seemed to me to be related to the fact that I was being audited on this topic.

So it seems to me that, whilst in Scientology, one is in a sort of altered state of consciousness, where what you notice seems to be influenced by what you are doing in Scientology.

JustSheila

Crusader
"So it seems to me that, whilst in Scientology, one is in a sort of altered state of consciousness, where what you notice seems to be influenced by what you are doing in Scientology."

I like this.

Yes, it took a long time to wear off. The worst part was believing I could affect what others thought or know what they were thinking when they weren't directly around me. People can't do that. Oh, maybe there are some occasional exceptions with those you love dearly and know very well, but I used to believe I could read minds and had to get over that. Stupid, I know.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
"So it seems to me that, whilst in Scientology, one is in a sort of altered state of consciousness, where what you notice seems to be influenced by what you are doing in Scientology."

I like this.

Yes, it took a long time to wear off. The worst part was believing I could affect what others thought or know what they were thinking when they weren't directly around me. People can't do that. Oh, maybe there are some occasional exceptions with those you love dearly and know very well, but I used to believe I could read minds and had to get over that. Stupid, I know.
Oh yeah. I used to totally believe that people who were OTIII and above could read my mind. To the point where, while I was having a 2D sec check, I didn't want to be around OTs, in case they could read all the sexual thoughts that were swimming around in my mind.

Since leaving, I have talked with several former OTIIIs and above. None of them are still claiming they can read minds.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron

I like this.

You are welcome to the steady comfort of "mundane reality" JS.

My own independent research, which owes much to the work produced by Hubbard and his colleagues, (and perhaps as much or more to LSD) gives vast amounts of evidence of esoteric, transcendent perception, communication and causation.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
You are welcome to the steady comfort of "mundane reality" JS.

My own independent research, which owes much to the work produced by Hubbard and his colleagues, (and perhaps as much or more to LSD) gives vast amounts of evidence of esoteric, transcendent perception, communication and causation.
How anybody finds 'reality' mundane is beyond me. It's an ever-present bewildering enigma. All these protons and electrons whizzing about. 'Who ordered that'? As one famous physicist was heard to remark.

Fuck Hubbard and his crock of shit auditing, once you've peeked behind the curtain with old Owsley's wonderstuff, things can never ever be the same again.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
How anybody finds 'reality' mundane is beyond me. It's an ever-present bewildering enigma. All these protons and electrons whizzing about. 'Who ordered that'? As one famous physicist was heard to remark.

And once you've peeked behind the curtain with old Owsley's wonderstuff, things can never ever be the same again.

Woof!

You got THAT one right bubba!

And my own weirdo question of the day is...

Why didn't God make Plutonium?

Any astrophysicist ever hold forth on such question?

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
I presume you mean 'strange' other than the totality of strange crap that constitutes the Church of Scientology.

Of course, all that crap is necessarily considered normal by Scientologists.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Woof!

You got THAT one right bubba!

And my own weirdo question of the day is...

[bcolor=#ffff00]Why didn't God make Plutonium?[/bcolor]

Any astrophysicist ever hold forth on such question?
Because he knew that 13.5 billion years after he created the universe, you, William Birdwood, would be asking that very question, and he wanted to fuck you up.

phenomanon

Canyon

I like this.

LOL. Scientology can help you with that!

phenomanon

Canyon

Fuck Hubbard and his crock of shit auditing, once you've peeked behind the curtain with old Owsley's wonderstuff, things can never ever be the same again.
This is a true fact.

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron

I like this.

We are natural mind readers. Even our dogs are pretty good at it :D

guanoloco

As-Wased
I was just thinking about some of the strange stuff that happened to me while I was in Scientology, and wondering whether anyone else had experienced strangeness while they were in. I don't mean in the orgs themselves - I mean in the rest of your life. I'll give you a couple of examples that I experienced....

I've mentioned this one before, and I've had it corroborated by some other ex Scientologists who experienced the same thing. Whenever I used to go to St. Hill, or other major orgs such as ITO, and I had to take a flight or a coach or a train, I would be convinced that there must be tens or hundreds of Scientologists on the same flight, coach or train. I'd be looking around, thinking "I wonder which ones are Scientologists?" In reality, there was almost no chance that there were any other Scientologists on the same train, but it was almost like I'd gone to Harry Potter's platform 12-and-three-quarters, so that there couldn't be any muggles (wogs) on the same train.

Another thing happened to me while I was having sec checking about 2D stuff, wherein I was confessing all my private thoughts and acts on the second dynamic. I walked past a couple who were performing a sex act in a fairly public place. I'd never experienced anything like that previously, and it was very strange to see that. And yet, it seemed to me to be related to the fact that I was being audited on this topic.

So it seems to me that, whilst in Scientology, one is in a sort of altered state of consciousness, where what you notice seems to be influenced by what you are doing in Scientology.

This reminds me of the reticular activating system.

One buys a car and then sees it everywhere.