What's new

Blogger seeking to interview an Ex-Scientology-Member

Claudia

Hey there,

I've recently done the Scientology personality test and wrote a blog post about it. My readers as well as I are interested in this topic so I decided to do a follow-up story. I would really like to interview an Ex-Scientology-member. Would any of you care to answer a couple of questions (anonymously)?

If you're interested, I can send you the link to my blog so that you can check out my previous work.

I'm originally from Austria but I'm currently located in Los Angeles.

Greetings!

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
Hello, Claudia from Austria!

I will happily answer your questions as an ex-Scientologist and one who used to do the tests on people!

Pete

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Can you please send me an e-mail to [email protected] so I can send you my questions?
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Claudia,

Some of us would be happy to answer your questions, but I suspect that not everyone will want to reveal their e-mail address to you, since the Church of Scientology monitor this board, and sometimes pose as ex Scientologists in order to try to collect information about ex members who are sharing their experiences online.

Can I suggest that you do this by PM on this board, rather than asking people to reveal their e-mail addresses to you?

Wilbur.

ETA: Oh, I see that the OP is a couple of months old now, so maybe my reply isn't very timely!

Claudia

Claudia,

Some of us would be happy to answer your questions, but I suspect that not everyone will want to reveal their e-mail address to you, since the Church of Scientology monitor this board, and sometimes pose as ex Scientologists in order to try to collect information about ex members who are sharing their experiences online.

Can I suggest that you do this by PM on this board, rather than asking people to reveal their e-mail addresses to you?

Wilbur.

ETA: Oh, I see that the OP is a couple of months old now, so maybe my reply isn't very timely!
Oh sure, PM works for me too. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to edit my original post to add this information.

Claudia

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Oh sure, PM works for me too. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to edit my original post to add this information.

Claudia
You can't edit a post that is over 24 hrs old unfortunately.

Have I missed something - anyone reading this thread now knows that 'PM's work for you too', so what's the problem?

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Some history and background on the so-called "Oxford Capacity Analysis" from WikiPedia:

WikiPedia OCA reference

There is a version of the OCA which is accompanied by an e-meter interview, which amplifies the manipulation 5X. This "line" was used to funnel people into the Hubbard Guidance Center (HGC) from the public division and was documented in OEC Vol 4 if memory serves.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Well sometimes, people don't read every single post in a thread.

Yeah, whatever ...

There were only six posts in the entire thread before mine. If people can't be arsed to read six short posts ...

Last edited:

CaliMule

Work Hard and Bray
Hey there,

I've recently done the Scientology personality test and wrote a blog post about it. My readers as well as I are interested in this topic so I decided to do a follow-up story. I would really like to interview an Ex-Scientology-member. Would any of you care to answer a couple of questions (anonymously)?

Why not simply post your questions here? I read your blog article and I don't see why I'd need a lot of secretivness, though others might appreciate privacy.

Because I was raised in Scientology I already understood what the OCA was about when I first encountered it as a pre-teen. It is actually an easy test to game strategically, producing high or low scores on the OCA according to what you want, so long as you've read the correct materials. Almost anyone can game the OCA at least a little, not necessarily with perfect finesse, simply by perusing a chart contained in a book called Science of Survival. That chart summarizes the book's contents describing traits that fit various rankings on something called an emotional "Tone Scale". Just memorize enough of the supposed traits that enable you to classify people according to that tone scale, answer the OCA accordingly, and you can select what kind of outcome score suits your purposes on some given occassion.

There can be motives for wanting a high score across the board of categories sometimes, such as being eligible for something that sounds cool. There can be motives to turn in a not-great score in at least one category at other times, such as to render yourself ineligible for something that doesn't sound cool but is part of some active campaign of finding warm bodies to enroll in it, if they have a good enough OCA. Taking the test to produce a modest improvment since the last time the test was taken is useful in keeping some know-it-all jerk official off your back at times, because you have "successfully" completed some procedural step as proven by some improvement in OCA score, so finesse is desirable, which means reading Science of Survival with attention to details.

Last edited:

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
Back in the day the sub-cult within the cult had me "grade" the tests. Mind you I was 11 or 12 at the time. The guy that was over it that I helped told me that no matter what they (the public) need help and we needed the stats. So everyone had a problem or issue. I knew the test was bullshit from the start.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientologists take the test repeatedly. It is used to gauge case progress and for post qualification evaluation. But because it is taken repeatedly Scientologists learn what answers give high or low scores over time so naturally the test results show steady improvement - which is conveniently credited to the workability of the tech.

Low test scores can seriously prejudice post placement in Scientology. Once they peg you as a low OCA you can get stuck on menial jobs for decades. So sometimes honesty isn't the best policy.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Back in the day the sub-cult within the cult had me "grade" the tests. Mind you I was 11 or 12 at the time. The guy that was over it that I helped told me that no matter what they (the public) need help and we needed the stats. So everyone had a problem or issue. I knew the test was bullshit from the start.
Exactly. When I was in Div VI we just winged the evals. We had materials on how to do the evals "properly," but we never read them because we were too busy. We just made it up off the top of our heads.

One staffer told a public that the test showed he was suffering from an inferiority complex, and this was probably due to fear his penis was too small. But the Comm Course could help with that. And the public agreed! He signed up for the Comm Course! When the staffer told us about this later we all practically shit our pants laughing.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey there,

If you're interested, I can send you the link to my blog so that you can check out my previous work.

I'm originally from Austria but I'm currently located in Los Angeles.

Greetings!
Ask your questions right here in the thread.

We'll give you all the answers you need!

Merry Christmas!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
One staffer told a public that the test showed he was suffering from an inferiority complex, and this was probably due to fear his penis was too small. But the Comm Course could help with that. And the public agreed! He signed up for the Comm Course! When the staffer told us about this later we all practically shit our pants laughing.
Did the Comm Course make his penis grow bigger? :unsure:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Did the Comm Course make his penis grow bigger? :unsure:
Actually I don't think he ever came back. It's possible he thought we were all nuts (which in a way we were) and was just playing along so he could escape.

Edit: I spent a lot of my time in Div VI in "glee of insanity." It was the only way to survive.

Last edited: