What's new

Why Scios can't learn

Teaching as done American style (of which Hubbard overkilled) stultifies right brain thought - and emphasizes left brain thought. So a person's curiosity is damped by the left brain thought processes.

You can look at it this way - the right brain is looking out for danger, the left is hunting prey. When you hear a strange noise in the night - the right brain is curious as to what it was, as you stealthily open the door a crack and then the left brain starts filling in the details.

So, if presented with something new - a person, who through the ravages of education, has his curiosity hammered down, is unwilling to look at anything outside his logical left brain view - he /she literally doesn't see it.

People aren't taught to look at new ideas and evaluate them - but to parrot them. Scientology training at it's zenith is just this, and Miscavage's golden age of tech is even more pedantic. Actual curiosity, questioning and understanding would result in zero PCs and Students - hence - "if it isn't written, it isn't true."

Anomalies that one runs across in life are not looked into, are ignored, as the left brain creates it's world view, blocking the right brain's innate curiosity. Hence, one lives in a safe self created bubble. As a Scientologist - didn't you feel safe having Hubbard's answers to align your difficulties in life against?

So when I or others, post a new idea /video here - it is Hubbard's methodology that renders some incapable, and worse, lack the curiosity, to read / watch /understand them. The why isn't God - it's Hubbard.

Your humble servant, Mimsey

More on the subject in this video:

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
There are a wide variety of teaching methods used in America. Which method are you referring to that stultifies brain development?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
There are a wide variety of teaching methods used in America. Which method are you referring to that stultifies brain development?

Good point.

But, I think if you re-read the conclusion to that rambling, disjointed post, all the vague abstractions will begin to make sense. Mimsey made the following non-sequitur "discovery", lol:

"So when I or others, post a new idea /video here - it is Hubbard's methodology that renders some incapable, and worse, lack the curiosity, to read / watch /understand them. The why isn't God - it's Hubbard." - Mimsey

That's what the post is really all about. His continuing campaign of complaints and accusations against others who ignore his chronic cut-n-paste of videos. He has quite often, for example, leveled the bizarre claim against me that the reason I don't study the many HUNDREDS of other people's videos he attaches as "proof" of his un-researched opinions--it "proves" that I am "close-minded" and unwilling and/or even incapable of learning new things. He regularly launches these weirdo cultic criticisms of those who disagree with him.

The laughable irony of his post (above) is that he is DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE CLAIMS OTHERS ARE GUILTY OF. Simple projection. When L. Ron Hubbard encountered anyone who committed the unthinkable "crime" of disagreeing with him, it was never that someone had their own opinions. It was never that there was any possibility that he was publishing illogical, un-researched or fraudulent claims--the reason HAD to be because others had not UNDERSTOOD what he wrote. Ergo, they had grievously erred in failing to "clear the words" from his infallible scripture.

Mimsey's ludicrous explanation for why others disagree with him or ignore his "modern science" is (essentially) identical to Hubbard's. It's because others "lack the curiosity to read/watch/understand them". "Them" is his "new idea/video".

Mimsey's self-serving propaganda then blames Hubbard for this. To wit, anyone who disagrees with Mimsey or doesn't study his never-ending video links is because they are dramatizing their former involvement in Hubbard's cult. The reader may recall that Hubbard asserted without any research, support or justification that "the only reason one gives up a study" (i.e. the study of Hubbard's hoax) is because they have "not understood" the words/concepts he claimed. It's always the fault, incapacity or counter-intentioned rejection by the aberrated and the degraded.

Mimsey essentially makes the same claim against those who either disagree with his unfounded/illogical theories or ignore his junk science entirely---that they are "incapable" of understanding what he posts. Or that they didn't watch his videos links because they "lack curiosity".

His conclusions are self-serving bullshit. He never considers the possibility that people don't waste thousands of hours of their time slogging through his linked articles/videos simply because they are un-interesting, illogical, or (gasp!) simply boring. LOL. He ignores the possibility that he has blown so much of his own credibility (by posting garbage science that he later has to retract), that others have better things to do than "study" his nonsensical theories.

If Mimsey actually legitimately researched something and had something of merit to say, it would attract the attention he so craves. But he blames the audience when he is boring them to death or promoting flubby metaphysical theories, just like Hubbard did when he attempted to thrill his audiences with claims that he went to Venus "the other day" and "nearly was run over by a freight locomotive"----and then protesting that there is something terribly wrong with anyone who disagrees with his crazy crap, lol.

If Mimsey were a stand-up comedian, he'd be intolerantly lecturing and haranguing his audience for not getting his jokes and laughing.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
I see.

Mimsey is getting older, HH, and might be caught up in his way of thinking. He's older than us. A few years ago, he was far more flexible and far more out of Scientology. It happens.

Yesterday I had a 12 hour shift with a blind, paranoid elderly woman who won't take anti-psychotic medication because she has been bamboozled into all natural therapy. She "hears" threatening conversations from the neighbors next door when they aren't home and freaks herself out. She took 16 natural remedy pills on her own yesterday, in addition to her bare-necessity medication and gave herself the worst diarrhea. She is at the tale end of living alone and only weeks or months away from a nursing home. Still, she's a decent person. Between the delusions, she's a sweetheart, really. It is really sad that she won't take the medications she needs to think straight and live a life that is reasonably peaceful and happy.

The last time I had a client like that, a week after I stopped as her carer because she stopped using a private agency, she was picked up by the police because she was running around naked in the streets late at night screaming about being poisoned by unseen rays by the government, no exaggeration. She was put in a nursing home and that was the end of her freedom.

I don't worry about Mimsey's beliefs. In comparison to the people with which I work, he's doing just fine. It's all about perspective. I hope Mimsey knows enough to keep a grip and not go too overboard. You? Aw hell, Helluvahoax, you're awesome. You know I love you.

As far as American education, I've worked in the Australian system, know a lot about the British and other systems and in plenty of areas of America, education is outstanding. Not the public school system, though, but that seems to be an epidemic in a lot of countries.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Really what this is is if you don't jump on the Woo Bird woo bus then you're diminished by Hubbard's cult mind snare...which is an interesting prospect because each of us got ensnared because we jumped on the Woo Bird woo bus and didn't do our due diligence either because we were too lazy or the cult kept the trap from being revealed.

So now when the Woo surfaces if you try to inspect it and find out if it's true or false instead of suspending all disbelief and skepticism then you're a damaged cult product fettered to Ron's guile and unwillingly still enslaved like a zombie.

This is the same ploy of the underhanded "compliment" for Trump that was just busted wide open.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Teaching as done American style (of which Hubbard overkilled) stultifies right brain thought - and emphasizes left brain thought. So a person's curiosity is damped by the left brain thought processes.

You can look at it this way - the right brain is looking out for danger, the left is hunting prey. When you hear a strange noise in the night - the right brain is curious as to what it was, as you stealthily open the door a crack and then the left brain starts filling in the details.

<snip>
Are you aware that the Left-Brain-Right-Brain theory has no basis in fact and is no longer considered valid? There is no evidence that any of that theory is valid and it no longer is used by anyone with any knowledge.

JustSheila

Crusader
Are you aware that the Left-Brain-Right-Brain theory has no basis in fact and is no longer considered valid? There is no evidence that any of that theory is valid and it no longer is used by anyone with any knowledge.
Cool! :happydance: Any articles you recommend about this? I know they found there were far more cross-links between the right and left of left-handed people than previously thought, but this sounds much better.

I dunno - do you have any other links? I am not so certain it is invalid. The professor seemed pretty behind the idea in the previous video and the one below. Both are recent videos, post dating the article you linked. He has written a book about it. There are definitely different functions from one hemisphere to the other. Did you ever see the below video? She describes quite visually what happened when she had her stroke.
I would hope that if the theory is invalid, they revise their talks.

Here's her bona fides:
http://drjilltaylor.com/about.html

McGilchrist notes teachers report of significantly increased numbers of students with deficient ability to sustain attention, read faces, and empathic connection and function (a frightening problem), all right hemisphere functions.

Here's something about the other video: Iain McGilchrist is a psychiatrist, writer, and former Oxford literary scholar.[1] McGilchrist came to prominence after the publication of his book The Master and His Emissary, subtitled The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World.[1]
McGilchrist read English at New College, Oxford, but having published Against Criticism in 1982,[2] he later retrained in medicine and has been a neuroimaging researcher at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Maudsley Hospital in south London.[2] McGilchrist is a Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, and has three times been elected a Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford.[2]
According to his web site, McGilchrist currently works privately as a consultant psychiatrist in London, and otherwise lives on the Isle of Skye, off the coast of Scotland.[3]

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
(sigh) Mimsey....:faceslap:

if you even read the first line of the article, you'd know there are hundreds of supporting articles and information if you just Google it.

Do something different this time, please? :begging: Read an article from a different opinion instead of automatically arguing. :surrender:

One thing - I think possibly from looking at your links we are not exactly discussing the same thing. In the second video Iain goes into the biology of brain function which he says has a lot of animal research behind it - the brain has two separate functions which can be generalized as this: In many mammals, the left side tends to be detail oriented - useful for selecting food, finding stuff to build nests etc. However when the bird or animal is focused on this detailed metal operation - it is venerable for being itself eaten.

The problem is how to be able to do 2 things at once.

The solution nature has provided is in the right brain being watchful for predators, potential mates etc. while the left brain focuses on the detail work.

A point he made elsewhere is that modern education tends to down play the right brain function while the left brain functions are enhanced. Hence we have problems in education that emphasizes rote parroting of data over understanding, questioning to gain understanding, etc.

While HH believes my post is solely devoted to debunking why people won't watch the videos etc, I post, he is missing the point - this is a serious problem throughout science and many other fields. I was watching a video discussing the unwillingness of one branch of science to look at the laws / research / principals of other fields - to the extreme that the first branch is making erroneous theories to explain phenomena long explained by the other branch. The speaker then referenced Iain's work and I followed the link, watched a section of it, and felt it worthy of sharing.

This is an endemic problem - it also has roots in the tribal thought patterns - where the tribe one belongs to is right and others are wrong. This isolation - a fracturing of society into these diametrically opposed groups is a counter survival situation. I think it extends beyond any mere desire on my part to have my posts looked at.

Mimsey

if you even read the first line of the article, you'd know there are hundreds of supporting articles and information if you just Google it.

Do something different this time, please? :begging: Read an article from a different opinion instead of automatically arguing. :surrender:
You lost me. Bill says it's been debunked. "Are you aware that the Left-Brain-Right-Brain theory has no basis in fact and is no longer considered valid? There is no evidence that any of that theory is valid and it no longer is used by anyone with any knowledge."

I question that and write my post in response. What am I missing? Bill is trolling me?

Mimsey

JustSheila

Crusader
Mimsey, I posted the link with the article Bill was referring to and the article states in the first sentence there are hundreds debunking the left-right theory. It's true. I'm just sayin' have a LOOK at the other point of view first before arguing. 'Cause you didn't. It was news to me, too, but good news, all the same.

guanoloco

As-Wased

Shiela! Shut the fuck up and get on the goddamned Woo bus, will ya? Mimsey is at the wheel and the meter's spinnin. We got places to go!

HelluvaHoax!

I see.

Mimsey is getting older, HH, and. . .

I don't know how much older he could possibly be. I recently confirmed using an e-meter that I arrived in the MEST universe 318 quadrillion years ago.

Then again, perhaps you are correct and Mimsey wisely got an earlier start and avoided the DevT delay that I ran into with heavy traffic jams in the Van Allen Belt.

HelluvaHoax!

Knowledge. That is the key word in a forensic investigation into how Mimsey processes information.

Using rhetorical DNA to find the culprit, simply read any one of Mimsey's other rebuttal posts when others have unceremoniously debunked his wacky woo. Here is an example of that, on this thread after you debunked the left-brain/right-brain junk science that Mimsey was so proud of.

Mimsey stated the following:
dunno - do you have any other links? I am not so certain it is invalid.

Keeping in mind Mimsey's projection (that OTHERS have a problem learning or accepting facts because they are like Hubbard) and his not being "so certain"---we simply match all that DNA to the following crime scene evidence:

quote-certainty-not-data-is-knowledge-l-ron-hubbard-110-26-85.jpg

Quod erat demonstrandum. Facts are irrelevant. Only "feelings" of "certainty" matter to the new-age, woo-age propagandists and other purveyors of pretentious PC poop.​

SPECIAL OFFER TO READERS: Kindly send a $100 donation in to the Church of Hoaxology and receive your free copy of: DEBUNKENETICS: THE MODERN SCI-FI OF MENTAL HUBRIS.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

While HH believes my post is solely devoted to debunking why people won't watch the videos etc, I post, he is missing the point - this is a serious problem throughout science and many other fields. I was watching a video discussing the unwillingness of one branch of science to look at the laws / research / principals of other fields - to the extreme that the first branch is making erroneous theories to explain phenomena long explained by the other branch. The speaker then referenced Iain's work and I followed the link, watched a section of it, and felt it worthy of sharing.
You just made my point for me--that anyone disagreeing with you has not understood your scripture. LOL
This is an endemic problem - it also has roots in the tribal thought patterns - where the tribe one belongs to is right and others are wrong. This isolation - a fracturing of society into these diametrically opposed groups is a counter survival situation.
Thanks for also confirming my other point for me---that anyone offering an opinion contrary to your "scientific discoveries" has a closed tribal mind.

I am grateful that you are now helping me debunk your own posts, it saves me a lot of time.

The most important thing to remember, is that I am inequivalently, complete with feelings, wishing you a Happy New Year. I am not qualifying that with a request you watch any of my video choices, suggestions for new year resolutions and the like. I am wishing you - with no strings attached - a happy new year. And if you so desire, iy comes from my SJW heart.

I realize that's a tough line to draw in the proverbial sand - but here it is:

happy-new-year-lettering-beach-written-sand-sunset-drawn-sand-closeup-81502134.jpg