What's new

Looking for old friends and staff i lost contact with

Idahosprings

I was on staff at Toronto Org back in the early 70s. Left there to ASHO and on to a different Org on staff St Louis in middle 70s.
Looking for info on:
Dorothy Anderson, she was close friend and Dissem Sec that I first worked under, and when I became Dissem Sec she was HES (while the first FEBC were being made).
Also Gloria Egan also of Toronto Org, and Sandy Shrub, Herbie Strawn (Amanda ambrose daughter.

Rosalyn Feeney originally from Halifax and enjoined to join Sea Org in jan 1971 supposedly to become a Ls Auditor. Was very close at one time, she left and never heard of again. I need to apologize to her.

Barb Oliver, old friend from Indiana mission and then was on staff at same time I was at St Louis Org in 1974. Last seen in Colorado in mid 70s. Also doug Belcher and Charlie Savage and Drew diamond all of St Louis?

Idahosprings

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was on staff at Toronto Org back in the early 70s. Left there to ASHO and on to a different Org on staff St Louis in middle 70s.
Looking for info on:
Dorothy Anderson, she was close friend and Dissem Sec that I first worked under, and when I became Dissem Sec she was HES (while the first FEBC were being made).
Also Gloria Egan also of Toronto Org, and Sandy Shrub, Herbie Strawn (Amanda ambrose daughter.

Rosalyn Feeney originally from Halifax and enjoined to join Sea Org in jan 1971 supposedly to become a Ls Auditor. Was very close at one time, she left and never heard of again. I need to apologize to her.

Barb Oliver, old friend from Indiana mission and then was on staff at same time I was at St Louis Org in 1974. Last seen in Colorado in mid 70s. Also doug Belcher and Charlie Savage and Drew diamond all of St Louis?

Idahosprings

I was in PAC in 71-75....at ASHO Pubs office for a while, and those names all ring bell, especiall Ros Feeney, but even after sleeping on it no images or faces came to mind. I was married to A CS2 Contl Susan Swift (Sue Smith),,, and I did a mission to Toronto around that time but all I recall is watching the airplane taxi away, and spending the night in the Toronto Airport..

Welcome to ESMB...

Arnie Lerma

Idahosprings

Thanks for the replies. During the almost 18 years I was in the church we had a lot of fun and have no problem with what we got out of it...even with the attempted bullshit at times, but we walked away in 1986 with no Declare or expulsion etc. Just never went back, as my family and I decided that what was good about Scientology was not worth selling our eternal future to an organization that refused and attacked those who tried to straighten it out. We still audit and do some training etc. No attacks on that from anyone please. it is our decision.
but I had lots of very good friends and acquaintances that we have missed from time to time. Myself, over those years I spent time at Toronto Org as staff (FDN Fulltime tech training and Day as Dir of Reg and Dissem Sec), ASHO, AOSHUK, Anderson Indiana Mission, St Louis as staff (in order: Pub Reg, DDTS, D/ Tech Sec (after that I refused to do FDN hours anymore or submit to any crap so busted down to the following), Pro Word Clearer, Success officer, ARC Break auditor and ARC Break Reg, Qual Review Auditor), then onto Denver org as public except when asked to clean up local Narconon as temp HES and Staff Review Auditor (I refused a contract), ASHOP, AOLA, back to Denver till 1979 then back to Indiana working on NED Course with local Mission and back and forth for Purif and a few other things at Columbus and Cinncy orgs in Ohio till we left. No regrets...but now back to people I am looking to comm with :<))

Toronto: Dorothy Anderson good friend, her hubbie at that time Paul Anderson, Gloria Egan, Jackie and Mick Lewis, Clark Balcombe, Linda Wheeler, Sandy Shrub (sometimes went by Sandy Bush), Claire Reppen very good friend who I know what happened there, and her daughter, Sheila and David Nagy, Fred Harris, Herbie Strawn, Emile Gilbert (last heard congestive heart failure and receiving help from Stewart smith), Anne Archer my auditor, her is Rosei levman and hubbie Bryan leveman, jan Joot, jack and Bridgette Manning, old friend Mike Silverman who left and went SO as Reg (he stayed in contact with me into the 80s), Carolyn Trollop, Tom Shuck, Loretta Warren as a course sup (she was the first person who really put my study habits to right...though I really hated her at the time...she did me good!), Otto Wilkens who I know hated me as the E/O (got him nowhere...as when my personal stats were up, and they ALWAYS WERE, I refused to ever give up even one day off and I finally just had to threaten him with violence when he actually tried to get me to do ANY all nighters all hands projects. Not once in my Scio career), and others whose names escape me at the moment.

More I will ask about later. I do heope to get some data, and at least a few reconnects with some.
thanks,
Idahosprings

Idahosprings

I was in PAC in 71-75....at ASHO Pubs office for a while, and those names all ring bell, especiall Ros Feeney, but even after sleeping on it no images or faces came to mind. I was married to A CS2 Contl Susan Swift (Sue Smith),,, and I did a mission to Toronto around that time but all I recall is watching the airplane taxi away, and spending the night in the Toronto Airport..

Welcome to ESMB...

Arnie Lerma

As you were in PAC at that time and was married to a CS@... did you know an old friend of mine from St Louis Org, rick Merwin? He had been LRH Comm at STL. AT one time he was either CS7 or CS1 (he was one of them and his wife Nicky (SP?) was the other? Seems to have gone off all radar.
Idahosprings:yes:

Idahosprings

Welcome to the board.
I hope you find everyone you are looking for.

Thanks. Not much info so far. this used to be a lively area with lots of folks posting here and good replies (I lurked and just read to be honest for years before I decided to join.) We've led a good life since we left, retired a few years back, but still busy with our own enterprises. But over the years when we were on lines or staff at over 8 places we met what was several thousand people. The vast majority were very good and intended well towards others...with only a few nasty ones...which is to be expected, after all, we are on planet Earth :<)))
Idahosprings:duh:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Thanks for the replies. During the almost 18 years I was in the church we had a lot of fun and have no problem with what we got out of it...even with the attempted bullshit at times, but we walked away in 1986 with no Declare or expulsion etc. Just never went back, as my family and I decided that what was good about Scientology was not worth selling our eternal future to an organization that refused and attacked those who tried to straighten it out. We still audit and do some training etc. No attacks on that from anyone please. it is our decision.
but I had lots of very good friends and acquaintances that we have missed from time to time. Myself, over those years I spent time at Toronto Org as staff (FDN Fulltime tech training and Day as Dir of Reg and Dissem Sec), ASHO, AOSHUK, Anderson Indiana Mission, St Louis as staff (in order: Pub Reg, DDTS, D/ Tech Sec (after that I refused to do FDN hours anymore or submit to any crap so busted down to the following), Pro Word Clearer, Success officer, ARC Break auditor and ARC Break Reg, Qual Review Auditor), then onto Denver org as public except when asked to clean up local Narconon as temp HES and Staff Review Auditor (I refused a contract), ASHOP, AOLA, back to Denver till 1979 then back to Indiana working on NED Course with local Mission and back and forth for Purif and a few other things at Columbus and Cinncy orgs in Ohio till we left. No regrets...but now back to people I am looking to comm with :<))

Toronto: Dorothy Anderson good friend, her hubbie at that time Paul Anderson, Gloria Egan, Jackie and Mick Lewis, Clark Balcombe, Linda Wheeler, Sandy Shrub (sometimes went by Sandy Bush), Claire Reppen very good friend who I know what happened there, and her daughter, Sheila and David Nagy, Fred Harris, Herbie Strawn, Emile Gilbert (last heard congestive heart failure and receiving help from Stewart smith), Anne Archer my auditor, her is Rosei levman and hubbie Bryan leveman, jan Joot, jack and Bridgette Manning, old friend Mike Silverman who left and went SO as Reg (he stayed in contact with me into the 80s), Carolyn Trollop, Tom Shuck, Loretta Warren as a course sup (she was the first person who really put my study habits to right...though I really hated her at the time...she did me good!), Otto Wilkens who I know hated me as the E/O (got him nowhere...as when my personal stats were up, and they ALWAYS WERE, I refused to ever give up even one day off and I finally just had to threaten him with violence when he actually tried to get me to do ANY all nighters all hands projects. Not once in my Scio career), and others whose names escape me at the moment.

More I will ask about later. I do heope to get some data, and at least a few reconnects with some.
thanks,
Idahosprings

Mke Silverman was declared quite some time ago - Lulubelle may havee more recent info about him.

Claire Reppen died in 2001

Have you tried just googling the names?

Idahosprings

Mke Silverman was declared quite some time ago - Lulubelle may havee more recent info about him.

Claire Reppen died in 2001

Have you tried just googling the names?

Thank you for this reply. I knew what happened with Claire as I had kept track of her over the years...but not the rest of her family. Her daughter used to do some volunteer work in my department when I was on staff at Toronto, but did not know her son who I heard is now out with his wife.

Really thanks for the links on Mike Silverman and what happened to Ruthie. Knew she was passed but not the details. As for Mike someone had given me wrong data saying he too had passed away. I will try to contact him. Even years after he left Toronto (he was sorely missed for the parties he threw!) he stayed in contact , even after my wife and I left the RTC machine. Even when I was in foreign countries like the USA and UK.

As elvis would say thankya Very much!
Idahosprings

Thank you for this reply. I knew what happened with Claire as I had kept track of her over the years...but not the rest of her family. Her daughter used to do some volunteer work in my department when I was on staff at Toronto, but did not know her son who I heard is now out with his wife.

Really thanks for the links on Mike Silverman and what happened to Ruthie. Knew she was passed but not the details. As for Mike someone had given me wrong data saying he too had passed away. I will try to contact him. Even years after he left Toronto (he was sorely missed for the parties he threw!) he stayed in contact , even after my wife and I left the RTC machine. Even when I was in foreign countries like the USA and UK.

As elvis would say thankya Very much!
Idahosprings
Hi. I would love to know who you are . My email is [email protected]

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hello Michael,

Nice to see you're still out there. My condolences on Ruthie's passing. We do bash regges here on a regular basis but I think a lot of folks know that you tried to do the right thing. As I recall, people were deliberately urged to buy services in advance specifically because the prices were being increased significantly on a schedule to "catch up to inflation". It was the Church's responsibility to be very clear about how advance purchases would be honored but now we all know how that works.

Best,

TOBB

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Michael,

Good to have you here. I am fairly sure I never met you although we may have brushed past one another at the Manor or CC in the mid 70's.

Will you be taking the time to share a story or two , of which I am sure you have many thousands over the decades while you were in scientology, from your perspective of course? I would guess you have met and shared with perhaps more than 5,000 scientologists in that time span?

Nothing like adding your perspective to the mosaic.

Cheers.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

thanks,
Idahosprings

I don't know if you are still visiting this board but I knew a few of the individuals you mentioned. I suppose Fred Harris would be the first one I met. He was wearing cowboy boots or similar at the time. Could always hear him moving through the org lol.

montanaruth

Hi there,
I was wondering if you ever connected with those members you were hoping to find?

Looking for info on:

Idahosprings

clearjr

Hi Idahosprings,
I am trying to locate Emile Gilbert, age 70, a former Scientologist you mention in your post. I went to high school and college with him. He dropped out of the seminary and joined Scientology. I was never a Scientologist. If you can let him know I am trying to contact him or provide me with contact information for him. I would appreciate it. My name is John Riordan. I live in NYC. My email address is [email protected] Thank you in advance.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hi Idahosprings,
I am trying to locate Emile Gilbert, age 70, a former Scientologist you mention in your post. I went to high school and college with him. He dropped out of the seminary and joined Scientology. I was never a Scientologist. If you can let him know I am trying to contact him or provide me with contact information for him. I would appreciate it. My name is John Riordan. I live in NYC. My email address is [email protected] Thank you in advance.
A service I used to find a couple long lost friends is Intelius. They've got a some listings for an Emile Gilbert over here:
https://www.intelius.com/people-search/Emile-Gilbert

It's not free, but very reasonably priced.