What's new

The “Golden Age” of Delusion

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

The “Golden Age” of Delusion

Since Miscavige announced the “Golden Age of Tech” way back in 1997 (?) it seems that scientology has been in anything BUT a golden age. While they have purchased plenty of buildings, the number of orgs and missions has DECREASED in this time. The number of active scientologists continues to plummet. The amount of […]

Continue reading...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Good post by Mike. . .

Scientology is, if nothing else, wildly innovative.

They have taken a new age concept ("What's real to you is what is real") and turned it into a full blown mental illness where delusional ideation is commercially monetized at a metric exceeding $500,000 per psychotic break.

LOL. Yeah, I know, it's not really good to laugh at mentally ill people. But, they taught me that laughing is really uptone, super-pro-survival and will help me get wins, jumbo certificates and lapel pins.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
On it's current trajectory I would expect CoS to become as small as the Theosophical Society when Hubbard is no longer in living memory

Yes!

Or possibly a small desolate chain of Christian Science Reading Rooms Hubbard Science Clay-Demoing Rooms.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Read this essay ! Crime is down in Los Angeles because OT 7 Cult members are exorcising their Body Thetans, (their attached spirits) !
At that level you are trained to jettison attached spirits on other people, miles away, even in other countries, 10s of thousands of miles away :p:p:p
Lord have mercy on us all.

Read this essay ! Crime is down in Los Angeles because OT 7 Cult members are exorcising their Body Thetans, (their attached spirits) !
At that level you are trained to jettison attached spirits on other people, miles away, even in other countries, 10s of thousands of miles away :p:p:p
Karen - Re: Auditing spirits on other people. I think perhaps that was on the previous version of Solo Nots - I did the GAT version, and nowhere were there any HCOBs discussing that. Likely it was an OT 5 step or an OT 7 HGC auditor step - I remember having to do it in the HGC, but not solo.

Mimsey

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Karen,

I have seen a lot of your videos criticising aspects of the way the church is run, the criminality etc. But I haven't seen you say much about the tech itself (forgive me if you have made videos on this and I have missed them). I'm wondering, as a Class XII C/S (who presumably did up to OT VII or VIII, and did the Ls yourself), what do you think about the tech itself? Are you of the view that it is all bullshit? Where are you on the spectrum of "workable, but wrecked by Miscavige" to "total bullshit" (the "Wrecked to Bullshit Scale")?

I'm wondering what most Class XIIs who leave think about the tech. Obviously, Pierre Ethier is still a tech fan (but he seems to be making a living out of being a Class XII out in the field, so he's not really in a position to say its bullshit, even if that's what he thinks).