What's new

Anyone throw away their auditor certs?

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
He said the church meters would only READ (sudden) in the "fall" direction, so he modified it so it read to the left as well as right.
Why would you want it to read to the left as well as the right? Explain please.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
My HAA, HDA & HDG certs were all framed and hanging on the wall in my auditing room at London Org when I was routed onto the Saint Hill RPF. When I got back about six months later they were all gone and nobody could (or would) tell me what happened to them and I never saw them again.

JustSheila

Crusader
Many of my things were disappeared from my personal belongings when I left the Sea Org through the RPF. For some reason I still had my Clear Cert and my Class V auditor certs and my Clear bracelet, which was one of the older ones so actually silver. I don't remember if they ever got around to making my certs for OT 1 through III.

I got tired of lugging around the certs and tore them up in tiny pieces. The Clear bracelet was given to a British backpacker to hock anywhere he could get a few bucks for it and as far away as possible. :)

strativarius

Many of my things were disappeared from my personal belongings when I left the Sea Org through the RPF. For some reason I still had my Clear Cert and my Class V auditor certs and my Clear bracelet, which was one of the older ones so actually silver. I don't remember if they ever got around to making my certs for OT 1 through III.

I got tired of lugging around the certs and tore them up in tiny pieces. The Clear bracelet was given to a British backpacker to hock anywhere he could get a few bucks for it and as far away as possible. :)
I binned all the scientology books I ever had but kept the flyleaf of TCofHA that had a lovely inscription from my then girlfriend who bought it for me - thank you Suzette, I'll always treasure those kind words. I still have my silver Clear bracelet which I bought from Peter Buttery, my Sea Org contract, a couple of handwritten letters from Hubbard, my goldenrod Ethics order, a postcard from New York from Likkie McKechnie and some of the commendations I garnered in order to graduate from the RPF. And that just about sums up all of the remaining connections I have with the CofS.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Why would you want it to read to the left as well as the right? Explain please.
It's about accuracy. You can get quick rises, which have just as much significance as falls. Plus it's pretty hard to get a true rockslam if your meter won't record the quick leftward movement.

strativarius

It's about accuracy. You can get quick rises, which have just as much significance as falls. Plus it's pretty hard to get a true rockslam if your meter won't record the quick leftward movement.
One of these days it's going to dawn on these scientologists that a so-called 'rockslam' was caused by a dry joint or a loose connection.

pineapple

IIRC, a rise indicates non-confront, i.e. something the pc isn't ready to look at just then. A fall, on the other hand, indicates something that is within the pc's ability to confront and therefore is something you should take up. So for practical purposes a fall would be much more significant than a rise.

This is assuming you assign the same meaning to these phenomena we were taught in scn. If you're assigning some other meaning to them, then obviously all bets are off.

Last edited:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
IIRC, a rise indicates non-confront, i.e. something the pc isn't ready to look at just then. A fall, on the other hand, indicates something that is within the pc's ability to confront and therefore is something you should take up. So for practical purposes a fall would be much more significant than a rise.

This is assuming you assign the same meaning to these phenomena we were taught in scn. If you're assigning some other meaning to them, then obviously all bets are off.
I vaguely remember him saying something about e-meter reads that are in the book but are impossible on a church meter. Of course, perhaps the mark 7 fixes this. He did say the mark 6 did not fix it, but that the 6 had better parts than the 5.

Gib

Crusader

one of these days you techs will realize a fall or rise on the emeter is meaningless, as there are no clears or ot's.

It's much ado about nothing.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
And a floating needle can just be an ARC Break needle.

And a needle fall can relate to something real OR it can be about something "when", a million years ago, and you were on the planet Venus and almost ran over by a freight train.

IMO, it's how the prefrontal cortex (sense of self awareness) interprets impulses coming from other parts of the brain.
Sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong. When it's wrong it leads to delusions.

But in Scientology "what is true for you is true for you" and if the PC has an F/N at the examiner in Qual after auditing session then it doesn't matter. The C/S just accepts it and gives the orders to the auditor for the next auditing session.

Last edited:

pineapple

one of these days you techs will realize a fall or rise on the emeter is meaningless, as there are no clears or ot's.

I agree there are no clears or OT's. But I don't think it follows that meter reads are meaningless. I think they indicate charge, though it isn't necessarily connected to anything real. Stuff in dreams has charge, and dreams aren't real.

I'm not in favor of "much ado" about it, but I was curious enough for a little ado.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree there are no clears or OT's. But I don't think it follows that meter reads are meaningless. I think they indicate charge, though it isn't necessarily connected to anything real. Stuff in dreams has charge, and dreams aren't real.

I'm not in favor of "much ado" about it, but I was curious enough for a little ado.
It isn't important outside of Scientology. But within Scientology ... it isn't important, they just don't know it.

Is it an "F/N" or "ARCX"? Is it real or just a thought? Is it this or that? They don't know. We don't care. Everybody in Scientology pretends that the meter is a guide and everybody pretends that it works. But there are no results, no releases, no clears, no OTs -- so it doesn't matter what the meter "reads". Nothing is ever going to happen so "let's all pretend the reads mean something!!"

Time to move on. It. Doesn't. Matter.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
:thumbsup: Yup. Well said.

Our trinkets and mementos are useless after we're gone, too, so if they no longer hold positive memories, to heck with them.
I have found that Scientology trinkets, memorabilia & souvenirs are best used for create clean energy to help the poor and homeless stay warm during this arctic cold spell many are experiencing. (See Avatar).

Don Hubbard (pictured) has a recommends everyone ROUTE all their Scientology books, meters and other collectibles into the eternal flame he calls his cylindrical "Wall of Ire".

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Exactly!!!

If the e-meter diagnosed "charge" and the "as-ising" of charge (Blow Down F/N), then the greatest amount of case gain possible is not from listing & nulling and it's not from going to Flag or the Freewinds and paying $1000 an hour for Class XII auditing.

And it's not at the "advanced org" (AOLA, AOSH DK, AOSH UK...)..

The most charge being blown is in a Comedy Club with stand up comedians.

Put all the audience members on a meter and count up the "downward motions" of the tone arm. That is (supposedly) the scientific metric by which the AMOUNT blown charge & case gain is determined.

It costs approximately 12 dollars to go into a comedy club and watch a standup tell jokes. And it costs $12,000 dollars to secure just one intensive of auditing.

Who gets better auditing and spiritual case gain results, the Class XII or the Comic?

ANSWER: The Class XII gets badly beaten by an untrained, unaudited Joker & Degrader.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious

The main problem with using a meter is that it forces the PC to run at a level too shallow to cause lasting change. Going for the f/n tends to validate the PC's current state without changing anything. People get addicted to the temporary release of an f/n. "I need a session" really means "I need training in life" (which they don't get due to their constant f/n "fixes").

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Before I left, I used to wear my Clear bracelet all the time. Most of the time. I was really proud of it because it took me so long and a lot of work to get there. I came from a poor background and was not like many other Scientologists around me. I didn't have other family in the cult with me. I was young. I owned nothing.

Anyway, when I first had doubts that led me out, a friend of mine that was staying with me met some squirrels, but the weren't FreeZoners. They were just oddballs using the tech for I-don't-know-what and every day she came back from hanging out with them, she'd rant and rave about how LRH was a phony and a liar. I didn't believe her and wound up asking her to leave. She left in the middle of the night and stole some of my certs and my Clear bracelet and I was so upset about that. Now I look back on that and see how she was right, and I laugh a little. When I got out for good, I found her. She still believed in the tech and our friendship just didn't work.

She thought a lot of residual things, like some of the things being brought up here--for instance: the meter having some legitimacy. It's not that it doesn't do anything at all. It's still a bit like a lie detector, but not as involved. It only measures "stress" because of perspiration through the palms of the hands. It's called galvanic-skin response. A person behaves a certain way in a stressful situation and there are reactions through their skin, and they are holding those cans. The meter is picking that up, plus how hard they are squeezed and let go. "Mass" is not leaving.

There is no such thing as spiritual "charge" or mental stress having physical weight, as Hubbard hypothesized. There have been studies (I would have to search again for them) about whether or not mental stress is capable to be weigh, or it is even exists in physical form. So far, no. This was within the last 10 years, so where Hubbard got this notion?

There are no Clears. Not for more than a day or two anyway. You can think you're a Clear or OT for a little while, but it's not real. It is placebo, and placebo is real or it wouldn't work in blind studies. If one doesn't mind accepting it, I don't know. It was hard to keep that friendship alive. I was even spiritual at that time too.

Gib

Crusader
The main problem with using a meter is that it forces the PC to run at a level too shallow to cause lasting change. Going for the f/n tends to validate the PC's current state without changing anything. People get addicted to the temporary release of an f/n. "I need a session" really means "I need training in life" (which they don't get due to their constant f/n "fixes").
give me a break tomcat, running too shallow, LOL.

going for the f/n, lol. Hubbard couldn't even give a clear definition of a f/n. LOL How many definitions are there of a f/n? LOL

and that huckster DM called a f/n as 3 swings of the needle. LOL

It's all bullocks.