What's new

Anyone throw away their auditor certs?

Gib

Crusader
I agree there are no clears or OT's. But I don't think it follows that meter reads are meaningless. I think they indicate charge, though it isn't necessarily connected to anything real. Stuff in dreams has charge, and dreams aren't real.

I'm not in favor of "much ado" about it, but I was curious enough for a little ado.
just because something reads on a meter doesn't mean anything. All Hubbard did was to assign significance to it, and we fell for the significance.

Remember when hubbard said auditing removes significance, but what hubbard did do is but add significance thru his endless books and lectures which he sold for a penny a word. LOL

Oh yah, looking up every word for precise definition adds significance.

Captive audience gleaming significance. Everybody and anybody who had ever listened to hubbard's tapes and lectures were gleaming for significance.

ROFLMAO, I got it figured out. How to explain?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
give me a break tomcat, running too shallow, LOL.

going for the f/n, lol. Hubbard couldn't even give a clear definition of a f/n. LOL How many definitions are there of a f/n? LOL

and that huckster DM called a f/n as 3 swings of the needle. LOL

It's all bullocks.
Yes, I couldn't agree with you more Gib, it's all bullocks, and what's more it's all bollocks as well! :biggrin:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
No, the main problem with using a meter is that it tells you nothing of any value regarding what is 'wrong' with anybody and is worse than useless if you are really trying to assist them.
Au contraire, my diabolically cynical apostate, lol.

Dr. Hubbard claimed that the e-meter measured reality. In fact the e-meter measures delusion.

But not on the pc's case.

It measures the severity of delusion on the person using the e-meter who thinks they are saving the planet by using a hokey little electronic gadget.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
just because something reads on a meter doesn't mean anything. All Hubbard did was to assign significance to it, and we fell for the significance.

Remember when hubbard said auditing removes significance, but what hubbard did do is but add significance thru his endless books and lectures which he sold for a penny a word. LOL

Captive audience gleaming significance. Everybody and anybody who had ever listened to hubbard's tapes and lectures were gleaming for significance.

ROFLMAO, I got it figured out. How to explain?
@Gib, you don't need to convince me. I'm not championing scn, the use of e-meters, or endless looking up definitions of every little word. I was just curious as to why someone would want rises to read like falls on an e-meter as TomKat mentioned, since according to what we were taught in scn, falls are more important. That's all.

The e-meter and whether or not it has any validity is a subject which has already been talked to death on this forum. I'm not trying to revive the debate. @TomKat answered my question, and that's good enough for me.

Peace, brother!

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
IIRC, a rise indicates non-confront, i.e. something the pc isn't ready to look at just then. A fall, on the other hand, indicates something that is within the pc's ability to confront and therefore is something you should take up. So for practical purposes a fall would be much more significant than a rise.

This is assuming you assign the same meaning to these phenomena we were taught in scn. If you're assigning some other meaning to them, then obviously all bets are off.
Haven't used a meter in decades, but when I was using that one, it was common to see a quick rise. I was using it to find etheric implants. As far as I'm concerned, a reaction is a reaction.

pineapple

Haven't used a meter in decades, but when I was using that one, it was common to see a quick rise. I was using it to find etheric implants. As far as I'm concerned, a reaction is a reaction.
Are you referring to the stuff mentioned in the "Antichrist HCOB"?

"This implant, laid in by carefully controlled genetic mutation at Incident Two of OT III and periodically reinforced by controlled historic events since then, makes it effectively impossible for beings on the more heavily affected planets such as Earth to become free. It causes progressive genetic "evolution" that gives the subject population greater and greater susceptibility to the telepathic impingement and direction of the controllers."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/is-scientology-satanic.46986/#post-1171402

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Are you referring to the stuff mentioned in the "Antichrist HCOB"?

"This implant, laid in by carefully controlled genetic mutation at Incident Two of OT III and periodically reinforced by controlled historic events since then, makes it effectively impossible for beings on the more heavily affected planets such as Earth to become free. It causes progressive genetic "evolution" that gives the subject population greater and greater susceptibility to the telepathic impingement and direction of the controllers."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/is-scientology-satanic.46986/#post-1171402
This was few decades ago. I saw that HCOB for the first time a few months ago on this forum. But removing alien implants is a common topic nowadays, both physical* and etheric.* Referencing that HCOB, I can see how implant removal could be construed as the 3rd, final wall of fire, in that there's a similarity to OT3 and NOTs -- scouting around with a meter for things to remove.

*The late Dr. Roger Leir was famous for removing physical implants

*etheric implants, try the Whole Life Expo, or do a search:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=etheric+implant+removal&ia=web

Gib

Crusader
@Gib, you don't need to convince me. I'm not championing scn, the use of e-meters, or endless looking up definitions of every little word. I was just curious as to why someone would want rises to read like falls on an e-meter as TomKat mentioned, since according to what we were taught in scn, falls are more important. That's all.

The e-meter and whether or not it has any validity is a subject which has already been talked to death on this forum. I'm not trying to revive the debate. @TomKat answered my question, and that's good enough for me.

Peace, brother!
wasn't trying to convince you, just explaining.

What are your thoughts that auditing is supposed to remove significance, but yet at the same time Hubbard added significance?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

What are your thoughts that auditing is supposed to remove significance, but yet at the same time Hubbard added significance?

Dianetic auditing is supposedly aimed at removing, so-called, "reactive-mind charge" (chains of locks, secondaries, engrams manifested in AESPs) and not chasing after any significance.

Any significances are in the PC's cognition that occurs at the end of auditing sessions.

(I am just reporting what I remember. I am not promoting Scientology/Dianetics as being correct.)

Last edited:

pineapple

Actually I don't remember Hubbard saying that. Auditing was supposed to remove mass, wasn't it? Of course he said so many things that he probably did say it was supposed to remove significance, too.

Certainly he did add lots of significance with "the tech."

JustSheila

Crusader

ROFLMAO, I got it figured out.
How to explain?
:clap2:
:winner:

Great post! I just love this - perfect!

The human drive to find significance for the unexplained. The human belief that every reaction has a significance and life would be solved if we could only find the right answers, so search, search, search ... the answers are out there! :giggle: Oh we are so addicted to solving puzzles with rational answers!

Most things that happen have no real significance to us, personally. Half the things that happen to the human body have no significance, but we assign a reason it is happening or has happened, anyway. Worse, we think we CAUSED the event.

Wet roads, car accident. Must have been PTS.
Robbed at gunpoint. Should have followed my horoscope.
Caught a virus. Must have fallen out of the Lord's good grace.

I gave an example before of the one time I had actually hypnotized someone. It's a great example of how we, as humans, automatically find rational explanations for the irrational. I was 12 years old and goofing off with my girlfriends at an overnight when one of the girls said if you had someone lay down and rub their temples and tell a story, you can hypnotize a person. We all tried it on her brothers and sisters and their friends and went into gales of laughter when friends pretended to be hypnotized. Then, ohmygoodness, one of the brother's friends just happened to be one of those highly suggestible types and I told him a story and he went into a light trance and I gave him a posthypnotic suggestion (like I'd seen on TV) that when he woke up, he'd kick a certain girl that had always been mean to me. So he woke up, claimed he wasn't hypnotized at all, then she walked in the room and he kicked her! Hard!

He apologized, told her he was sorry, it was an accident, his foot had slipped out from under him. His mind AUTOMATICALLY FOUND AN ACCEPTABLE, RATIONAL EXPLANATION for what his body had done without his conscious knowledge.

Gib

Crusader
Dianetic auditing is supposedly aimed at removing, so-called, "reactive-mind charge" (chains of locks, secondaries, engrams manifested in AESPs) and not chasing after any significance.

Any significances are in the PC's cognition that occurs at the end of auditing sessions.

(I am just reporting what I remember. I am not promoting Scientology/Dianetics as being correct.)
isn't everything what you said significant?

reactive mind charge is significant, chains of locks, secondaries, engrams are significant. And Hubbard tried to explain all that thru rhetoric.

That was Hubbard's trick, to make everything he said significant. He wrote and lectured endlessly to make his words significant. That mother fu- ker even tried and succeeded to a certain degree to make his words significant above anybody who tried to expand on his thoughts and he called them squirrels. LOL And even went further to say they are PTS/SP. LOL

And how significant is Hubbard, why you have to read everything he wrote and lectured in the OEC's, FEBC's, Flag Orders, OOD's, Tech Vol's, all his lectures in the Saint Hill Briefing Course to fully go clear, and then OT.

And he was paid handsomely to sell his words! That's what writers do to a captive audience all gleaming significance. Just add more significance.

And yes, I know you are just reporting and not promoting as well as pineapple.

And in the end, of all of Hubbard's significance, in the end he told Sarge he wasn't coming back, LOL

And in the end, for some, they might realize, removing significance that Hubbard added, that Hubbard never achieved clear or OT nor has anybody else.

Once a person realizes that, they are clear of dianetics and scientology.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Why would there be significance or reasons for all minor event of a human being life although it would be without any significance for animals ????
If we consider the same things happen to us and them...accidents, health issues, dying, lacking proper food, rejected by the flock,being chased by ennemies, etc..

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Why would there be significance or reasons for all minor event of a human being life although it would be without any significance for animals ????
If we consider the same things happen to us and them...accidents, health issues, dying, lacking proper food, rejected by the flock,being chased by ennemies, etc..
For a moment there lotus I thought you said 'Chased by an enema'. Scary thought. :biggrin:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Oh la la Stratsky,

Don't make it worse for me.:D
It could have happened though with this Phone that takes my english words to replace it by french non-sense..I am about to give up:oops:

Gib

Crusader
I think Brian's post on Mike Rinder blog explains the significance that Hubbard did.

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/accountable/

"The tone scale is understood by the Scientologist to be a mathematically accurate measurement of human emotions.

To the believing Scientologist the tone scale is as accurate as a tape measure. The higher the number the more free theta for survival. The lower the number the more aberrated and less free theta for survival."

You see, that is significance, that Hubbard added. And Brian further explains how it doesn't make sense.

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
I dumped my entire set of PDC tapes in a dumpster. It was tough to do. I loved those tapes when I was in, and listened to them all the time. And they weren't cheap. But dumping them was so liberating.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I must admit to keeping my Class 4 cert. I place no value in it, but I thought if anyone said I was never in the Co$, it could be used to refute them, substantiate my criticism of Scn. Not sure where it is now since various moves, but it's around here somewhere. Is this hypocrisy?
I've still got all my old certs, books, tapes, CDs, letters from Hubbard, commendation chits, various awards, CSWs, project photos, course packs, KRs, course essays, Advance mags, e-meters....geez.....all kinds of brick-a-brac.

I guess the only reason I still have most of it is because I just haven't gotten around to throwing it out. The only books, tapes, etc., that I would probably keep, are those related to the lower Bridge, which I still think has some validity.

It's a big sort out, and I'm lazy. ;)

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I dumped my entire set of PDC tapes in a dumpster. It was tough to do. I loved those tapes when I was in, and listened to them all the time. And they weren't cheap. But dumping them was so liberating.
I used to consider myself a dilletante for having never listened to the PDCs, but I didn't own them, either. Many years later, during the Basics push, I finally bought all of the lectures, so I now had my own set.

Guess what? I still haven't listened to them, and they've been sitting in my house for over a decade. At this point, I'll probably never give them a listen, unless I'm in the mood for some Grade B science fiction. :yes: