What's new

I still feel like a scientologist when...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I still feel like a Scientologist when it's 1:45 pm on Thursday and I'm dashing around desperately searching for a telex machine so I can type in my clipboard full of zeroes of all the Gross Divisional Stats.

Every time I am in a city near an "IDEAL" org, I take my daily walk by it--to see what how well the planet clearers are doing. They've been at it 69 years now so I am always expecting to see long lines outside of people hoping to pay for their bridge and schedule the soonest auditor that becomes available. I always suspect the demand for "total freedom" and "happiness" and "health" and "prosperity" is so overwhelming that the waiting list probably can't see any new PreClears until some time in late 2020.

Yet, every time I walk by one of those Ideal Orgs, nobody is inside. Just a receptionist and on rare occasions a single pedestrian who got body routed inside, only to be seated uncomfortably near the front window and told to watch a video screen. Not even a back rest chair, just a bench. What's up with that?

Well, it appears that the public has a severe "com lag". Higher toned beings respond instantly to the offer of acquiring god-like miraculous powers. Wogs, on the other hand, can't duplicate the simple (obvious) fact that if they just do what the Scientology staff members TELL them to do, they will have huge havingness and thereby huge bucks.

Beings with huge havingness automatically can earn huge bucks! Unlike the beings with huge havingness staff members who can beg random pedestrians for huge bucks. Staff live below the poverty line, yet they are masters of finance. They can clay demo for you how if you give money to the org, your "flows will open up" and you will "pull in" an "abundance" of money.

Like all Scientologists, they can explain it perfectly. They just can't do it.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
LOL

Because at any moment there could be an unexpected surprise inspection by Dr. L. Ron "We Come Back" Hubbard. I mean, who knows, he might just come back any moment and show up in the middle of the night with a dozen young teen messengers wearing white micro-shorts and white gloves.

EXPLANATION: It's not that the Commodore has dust allergies or is paranoid about evil dust thetans---it's that his OT awareness to so unbelievably advanced and sensitive that he can perceive nano particles that badly degraded humans cannot, on this planet.​
AXIOM: Whatever glaring outpoint, mistake, fraud or vicious criminal act is discovered about the Founder--it's not what you think. It's the opposite. In fact, it's a good thing! Wait, no, it's way better than that---It's a miraculous OT power! [example: Ron unexpectedly drops dead. It's because he is so OT that being alive DevT's him from finding even more miraculous advanced OT levels that will save all the DBs who haven't clay demo'd the word "infallibility"]

FTFY

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
Told my boyfriend to "make it go right" fairly recently and I'm still cringing.
I said something about "making it go right" today at work!

When I do stuff like that, I panic. What if someone else in the office is also an ex-Scio or worse, an active one? Did I just out myself? I look around to see if anyone is looking at me strangely. Then I realize I'm just being paranoid.

18 years out.

Sometimes I think "that was a major outpoint" when it seems like it was.
Sometimes I try to indicate someone's BPC
Sometimes I feel like I am translating words from Scientologese to English in my head like a person who natively speaks another language
Sometimes I try to up the affinity or reality in a situation to get things rolling
Sometimes I apply the affluence formula if I am in affluence
Probably there are some others but I don't want a load of flack so I will stop here

Before you go on a roll about how bad these answers are, I am just answering the question.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
When I feel I must handle people's problems..like to save them...
Actually I still do it often..but I am aware of this compulsion and can refrain...

I realized not that long ago that solving people'sproblem for them is like telling them they can't do it and are not competent to manage their life.:oops:

I like when people tell me they know I can solve tough situations and make good decisions as it empowers me; thus I now try to do the same for people in challenging times...with telling I support them and am confident in their resiliency.

Isn't it so condescending to think we are more competent than people to solve what we perceive as their issues?..very $cientologist who will save others..blind slave leading others on the road to freedom...:oops:

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
When I feel I must handle people's problems..like to save them...
Actually I still do it often..but I am aware of this compulsion and can refrain...

I realized not that long ago that solving people'sproblem for them is like telling them they can't do it and are not competent to manage their life.:oops:

I lime when people tell me they know I can solve tough situations and make good decisions as it empowers me; thus I now try to do the same for people in challenging times...with telling I support them and am confident in their resiliency.

Isn't it so condescending to think we are more competent than people to solve what we perceive as their issues?..very $cientologist who will save others..blind slave leading others on the road to freedom...:oops:
Yes, I know exactly what you mean, I had a similar realisation myself ... having said that (in your case) you have pointed me in a few new directions over the years that have been truly helpful in rethinking or doing things ... I hope you don't stop gently doing that when you feel you have something to offer.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
My fiance and I, having a lunch with a never in, and listening to how they were "never fooled by scn". When we were in, people said stupid things about scn (or so we thought), now we're out and people say stupid things about scn. Trying not to be insulted, or feeling attacked, that always makes me feel like a scientologist.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
When I wake up at 3:15 am, put the Apollo Stars LP on the turntable, stand in front of the LRH poster on my wall and yell "Hip, Hip, Hurray!" while loading a round into my Russian roulette revolver to test my ability to postulate :)

Soul of Ginnungagab

Patron with Honors
Do you use newspaper when cleaning windows? If so, you are a true believer.:D
My mother always used newspaper to clean windows. She said she learned it in the army. (My mother was a WAC during WW II.)
A proffesional windows cleaner told me that newspapers used to be very good for windows cleaning. But the paper and ink in modern newspapers are different compared with the past which means that modern newspapers are not really fit for that purpose.

Irayam

Patron with Honors
A proffesional windows cleaner told me that newspapers used to be very good for windows cleaning. But the paper and ink in modern newspapers are different compared with the past which means that modern newspapers are not really fit for that purpose.
There are even squirrels in paper and ink manufacturers!
Where the hell are we going?!?

Irayam

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
That explains why my hands get black with ink when using newspaper to clean with.

JustSheila

Crusader
When I was a teenager I made money bringing out morning newspapers. I soon found that you need workwear for this because your clothes get dirty from the ink.
Yeh, I had a paper route as a kid. My hands and clothes would get filthy from putting all the inserts in the papers and rubber-banding them together.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I was a paperboy too! I don't recall if I got dirty or not. i guess it was no concern if i did. But nowadays I'm acutely aware of my filthy hands after reading a newspaper. The wash water is black.

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
Not quite the same, but at my company we have these desk phones that prop up at an angle using a single leg that pivots out of the back of the phone. I can't tell you how many times my heart rate has gone up when I walk by an office and for a split second think I'm seeing an emeter on the desk.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
I still feel like a Scientologist when...

I'm starting this thread because I'm curious to know if it happens also to you to be a little bit of a scientologist sometimes...

As for you probably, the process of deprogramming scientology ideas and mentality took time for me. It is not when you leave the cult that you become a "WOG" again.

It has now been almost 30 years since I turned my back on LRH theories. And yet, sometimes I still feel like a scientologist when:

When I request an acknowledgement for my communication. Sometimes I say something to my wife and I repeat my communication to her because she does not acknowledge (although I know she heard me...). When it happens, I'm thinking, " oh no! Stop acting like a scientologist! »:faceslap:

Sometimes I imagine a certain future (positive or negative) and I think to myself "it's a postulate, I hope it’s going to happen (or not happen) Pffff! « Stop acting like a scientologist! »:no::nono:

So, as you see, almost 30 years after leaving Scientology, I still behave like a scientologist sometimes !:scratch:

What about you? Does that happen to you too?

Irayam
Yes I can definitely relate to this, and I still do a contact assist if so hurt myself, or run a locational if I am a bit dizzy etc. I used the postulate as a concept just the other day.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I was a paperboy too! I don't recall if I got dirty or not. i guess it was no concern if i did. But nowadays I'm acutely aware of my filthy hands after reading a newspaper. The wash water is black.
OMG. I've just discovered what pre-disposes somebody to joining Scientology: it's having been a paper boy/girl previously! I ran out my paperboy timetrack just now, and now I'm having win-after-win-after-win-after-win.