What's new

Alternate Clear Route: Power/Power Plus

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
For those that did not go clear on NED, takes the alternate route. Does anyone know what this is?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
For those that did not go clear on NED, takes the alternate route. Does anyone know what this is?
I think Dr. Hubbard was referring to going thru all the "Grades" in order to attain the state of Clear: SEE GRADE CHART

Grades 5 & 5A (Power & Power Plus)
Grade 6 (R6EW)
Grade 7 (The Clearing Course)

At the end of Grade 7, the PC attests to Clear. Then they go on to the OT LEVELS (OT 1, OT 2, et al)

PRO TIP: The End Phenomena of Clear is a completion certificate imprinted with 99 lies and 1 fact (your name).

Gib

Crusader
I think Dr. Hubbard was referring to going thru all the "Grades" in order to attain the state of Clear: SEE GRADE CHART

Grades 5 & 5A (Power & Power Plus)
Grade 6 (R6EW)
Grade 7 (The Clearing Course)

At the end of Grade 7, the PC attests to Clear. Then they go on to the OT LEVELS (OT 1, OT 2, et al)

PRO TIP: The End Phenomena of Clear is a completion certificate imprinted with 99 lies and 1 fact (your name).

"PRO TIP: The End Phenomena of Clear is a completion certificate imprinted with 99 lies and 1 fact (your name)."

Actually HH, there are more facts ( wink, lol).

1. You just spent a lot of time and money for much ado about nothing.

2. Hubbard made lots of money by people paying for his words.

3. Hubbard made lots of money if people would only duplicate hisself, do as Ron says.

4. DM is following in the same path.

HelluvaHoax!

"PRO TIP: The End Phenomena of Clear is a completion certificate imprinted with 99 lies and 1 fact (your name)."
Actually HH, there are more facts ( wink, lol).​
1. You just spent a lot of time and money for much ado about nothing.​
2. Hubbard made lots of money by people paying for his words.
3. Hubbard made lots of money if people would only duplicate hisself, do as Ron says.​
4. DM is following in the same path.​

Average Cost to go Clear: $250,000

Number of Words on Clear Certificate: . Eight (8) [e.g. Billy Blowdown Has Attained The State of Clear]

Profit Per Word: . $ 31,250 per word

Summary: Religious Sci-Fi writing is far more profitable than other genres of fiction.

Last edited:

renegade

Way back when, someone that did this route told me that while on Power, they had to wear a sign that said not to talk to them at all. Anyone know why and the theory behind that?

Gib

Crusader
Way back when, someone that did this route told me that while on Power, they had to wear a sign that said not to talk to them at all. Anyone know why and the theory behind that?
I recall that as well. My only guess is that it's the same mystery sandwich as one doing OT3 or any OT levels.

HelluvaHoax!

Yes, the oversized CARD with printing on it read (not verbatim, but close):

PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME OR
ASK ME ABOUT MY CASE

I am on Power Processing!

REASON WEARING A HUMILIATINGLY STUPID WARNING CARD WAS NECESSARY: The reason is. . .

It's Scientology. It doesn't have to make sense.

The moment a Scientologist insists on an explanation for anything in Scientology, they are no longer a Scientologist. Looking for reasons is the cause of all mental illness that leads one down the dwindling spiral to becoming an SP.

renegade

Yes, the oversized CARD with printing on it read (not verbatim, but close):

PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME OR
ASK ME ABOUT MY CASE

I am on Power Processing!

REASON WEARING A HUMILIATINGLY STUPID WARNING CARD WAS NECESSARY: The reason is. . .

It's Scientology. It doesn't have to make sense.

The moment a Scientologist insists on an explanation for anything in Scientology, they are no longer a Scientologist. Looking for reasons is the cause of all mental illness that leads one down the dwindling spiral to becoming an SP.

The only other auditing action that has the silent treatment is the Introspection RD. I keep wondering if the person could flip out if you talked to them.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
What do you mean by "alternate route"? Please explain.

In the old days, Dianetic auditing was before the Grades.
For NED, slightly modified Dianetics, it's after the Grades.

renegade

If a pc completes all the NED RDs and does not go Clear, they are put on this alternate route to Clear. One supe said there is about 2% of pcs that do not go Clear on NED.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Clear? What exactly does Clear mean? Or go Clear?
Point one of them out to me so I can see what they look like, OK? Thanks.

renegade

Clear? What exactly does Clear mean? Or go Clear?
Point one of them out to me so I can see what they look like, OK? Thanks.
Yes, I agree.

I was just curious about this confidential Power route and what it entails. There's not much info on this. There's threads on the clear cognition, EP of OT 8, the secret KTL clay table cognition, etc. But not much on this Power/Power Plus.

HelluvaHoax!

The only other auditing action that has the silent treatment is the Introspection RD. I keep wondering if the person could flip out if you talked to them.

PCs in Scientology already DID flip out when someone talked to them on the first day a Scientologist "disseminated" to them with offers of "free personality tests", "total freedom" and "free completion certificates" after donating over a half-million dollars on the Bridge to total certification!

Don't worry anyone, they won't issue a single certificate that is not scientifically verified by a peer group (other Scientologists). When 3 or more technically trained scientific Scientologists all see a floating needle noted in your pc folder, then there is no doubt that you have reached a superhuman state.

And nobody will invalidate your miraculous superpowers by asking you to demonstrate one of them. That's out tech because it is INVAL. And when a being is invalidated they rollercoaster and lose their gains----so of course they can't show a miracle then!!!

HelluvaHoax!

Yes, I agree.

I was just curious about this confidential Power route and what it entails. There's not much info on this. There's threads on the clear cognition, EP of OT 8, the secret KTL clay table cognition, etc. But not much on this Power/Power Plus.
It's all just marketing hype.

The "POWER PROCESSES" are promoted by Hubbard as a miraculous set of commands that can move a being from a fully psychotic state to normal. And for a normal human (who has paid to get their "power") the gains are unimaginable (even after you got them, you cannot imagine why you paid for it)

Seriously, the commands are no different or special than any of the other HUNDREDS of auditing commands in Scientology.

If they were not given the special name "POWER AUDITING" and made SUPER CONFIDENTIAL, nobody would ever even notice them. If people on the beginning course (HQS) were given those commands, it is unlikely that they would know they are supposed to have mindblowing spiritual and transcendental triumphs!

Sample commands, run alternatively:

"TELL ME A SOURCE"

"TELL ME A NO SOURCE"
The Auditor thinks they are magical commands.

The PC thinks they are magical commands.

The Case Supervisor thinks they are magical commands.

So everyone agrees that magical things will happen.

Reality is Agreement according to church scripture

If a Class XXX auditor ran those commands on any normal non-Scientologist and just called it a "free introductory session", the pc wouldn't know something magical is supposed to happen. After the process is run, if the Class XXX asks the new PC how much money they think that was worth, the answer would be: "Nothing, why? Was something supposed to happen?"

pineapple

The "alternate route" means you do Power, R6EW, and the Clearing Course. PC's who go clear on dianetics skip these and go onto the OT levels. The alternate route is the old pre-1978 way, basically. (As you mentioned, Dns and Grades were flipped around in 1982.)

Reactions: Gib

pineapple

Robert Kaufman gives the wording as "I Am On Power Processes. Please Do Not Ask Me Questions, Audit Me, or Discuss My Case With Me."

http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/isd/isd-2b.htm

The Power Processes had specific EP's, not just "F/N, Cog, VGI's." There was concern that if Power took more than one session, a) someone would "enturbulate" the pc, or b) the EP could occur between sessions and the auditor could miss it and overrun the process.

There seems to have been a lot of concern about missed EP's. On the very short (15-item) LP-1 (Power correction list) there are three items that refer to it:

5. Flattened out of session?
6. Awareness changes out of session?
7. Cognited out of session?

I think too the tag was supposed to impress upon the pc that Power was something "special" and not just another process.

NB: This is based on what I've read. I never did Power.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gib

RogerB

Crusader
But, but, but! Waddabout the REAL Clear deal!?!

Who would want to be merely and only "clear" when you can go the really REAL CLEAR route ;)

Hell, and waddabout MEST Clear, and Theta Clear . . . I well remember them, them and the 1963 "Own Goals GPM Cleared, Clear! :oops:

But then, didn't that runt Davvie-Boy fix all the above with his GAT gig of deeming everyone had to redo everything nine times over? (rumour has it a black cat whispered in his ear about the nine-lives thing) . . . .

But then, as Alan has said here on ESMB: "Cleared of WHAT!?"

Ummm, the above enough alternatives for youse all?

HelluvaHoax!

The "alternate route" means you do Power, R6EW, and the Clearing Course. PC's who go clear on dianetics skip these and go onto the OT levels. The alternate route is the old pre-1978 way, basically. (As you mentioned, Dns and Grades were flipped around in 1982.)

The word "alternate" implies that there was another "route".

There was no route to clear because there was no clear.

Therefore there could be no alternate route.

It's like saying there's an "alternate" way to win the lottery every time.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
318b0c6016970137832a005056a9545d