What's new

Scientology made him suicidal, but that was only the beginning of his problems

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Scientology made him suicidal, but that was only the beginning of his problems

We were approached recently by a man who wanted to describe what he’s been through in the Church of Scientology. We decided to let him tell you his story in his own words, and we’ve spoken to his attorney and examined his documentation to corroborate his tale. We think you’ll find that, once again, the [...]

Depression.jpg

We were approached recently[.......]

Continue reading...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

That is a profoundly moving and cautionary tale of the maliciously manipulative fraud that is Scientology.

I strongly encourage everyone to take a few short minutes to read it.

You will recognize the cult's notorious tells such as. . .(examples):

- - We are happy to talk to you about your refund request, so meet me in a remote park
but come alone! Do not bring anyone with you!
- - Yes, we are deeply concerned that you are suicidal after spending
43 years receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars of the modern
science of mental health tech. It's okay that you wrote up all
of what happened to you but you have to remove the name of
a doctor in there who we sent you to for treatment,that
might cause us a PR flap.
- - Okay we understand that you feel psychotic now and want
to kill yourself after nearly a half century of our treatment.
Hey, we're not really sure what to do now, so we'll make
it "illegal" for you to come to our Ideal Orgs or Flag. You
could try starting over and re-doing the student hat course
again, who knows, it might work, who knows?!

This exact scenario (a destroyed human) has played out countless times in Scientology's 68 year history. If there was one iota of justice in the world, Scientology would be sued for felonious medical malpractice, bankrupted and all their "Ideal" real estate assets would be liquidated to set up a victim reparations fund.

Scientology is a pathologically avaricious and despicably evil cult. A sizeable quantity of perpetrators should have been sent to prison, not just Mary Sue Hubbard and Shelly Miscavige. That's right, the cult's two gurus offered up their own wives as the sacrificial "head on a pike" to avoid civil and criminal liability themselves.

THE NEXT TIME YOU HEAR AN IDIOTIC "INDIE" TALK ABOUT THE "GOOD PART OF SCIENTOLOGY", GIVE THEM A LINK TO THAT SUFFERING SOUL'S HEARTFELT LETTER AND CRY FOR HELP.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Scientology claims to be THE experts on mental health.

For them to claim that after Hubbard himself died with serious mental issues that could
never be resolved shows their true colors.

I hope this man gets all the help he needs to get his life back to a better place.

Scientology should pay him 100 times the amount they took from him in the process of ruining his life.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Very sad
poor Guy struggling alone with such pain and despair.

May Nancy Many reach to him and help to guide him on the right path in getting proper care , attention, therapy, that will allow him to walk his journey through healing.

May Kathy and Dave be so worried about his story and " bad pr flap, for the COS, that they will dispose of him quickly with all his money refunded..so he can get health care he needs very soon and give up to $cientology for a true healing with sain people with true caring.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Imagine a medical doctor or mental health provider being questioned by a suicidal patient. . .

Telling the vulnerable patient to MEET YOU OUTSIDE IN A PARK SOME PLACE AWAY FROM THE CLINIC.

And DO NOT BRING ANYONE WITH YOU.

Who does that!?!!?

Besides Mafia hitmen, drug dealers and sexual predators.

DON'T BRING ANYONE WITH YOU?!!!!

How transparently evil and manipulative is that?!!!!

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

That is a profoundly moving and cautionary tale of the maliciously manipulative fraud that is Scientology.

THE NEXT TIME YOU HEAR AN IDIOTIC "INDIE" TALK ABOUT THE "GOOD PART OF SCIENTOLOGY", GIVE THEM A LINK TO THAT SUFFERING SOUL'S HEARTFELT LETTER AND CRY FOR HELP.

We did and still do HH...se never give up to point the many devastated lives, people lost in despair, broken and the many broken families...​
This is why we get insults and hate from selfish peddlars who don't dare to read such entheta...

But keeping all those suffering people in mind, those who lost their life, those who took it ( Adam)
We keep telling the truth of the destructive nature of scientology, Dr Hubbard and his cult of " men shall be my slaves"...

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
First of all Kathy True is the Office of Special Affairs Rep ar Flag. Pure unadulterated OSA looking out ONLY for Cult benefit vs screwing the individual.
She is a *COMPANY MAN*
Defn: Company man. And employee whose allegiance to his employer comes before personal beliefs or loyalty to fellow workers.
Al Ribisi is an OSA ASSET, an OSA Trusted person , not so much your friend as OSA's friend. Every word said to him over lunch was immediately debriefed and sent to OSA for THREAT assessment.
THREAT ASSESSMENT:

A Linear time track composed of every report, event, meeting, words uttered composed in the Intelligence division and then conclusions made for OSA to be alert as to what could happen next. Then a program written.
Antony spent $100,000 in 2017 for this ~~
The Purification Rundown, the Survival Rundown, Super Power Rundowns, the Cause Resurgence Rundown, and the False Purpose Rundown
*SUPER POWER RUNDOWN" !!!!!!
I always knew the day would come when someone who completed Super Power would show empirical evidence on how fraudulent their claims are and have been. Thank you for sharing your whole journey of 43 years Anthony.
Running program "Cause Resurgence Rundown" supposedly to make a person fully sane with no negative purposes.
Absolute fraud.

Anthony. the cult are doing you a FAVOR by not taking you back. A quarter of a million dollars + 43 years and "The Mecca of Technical Perfection" services has shown you with EVIDENCE that they PRETEND answers to the human mind and soul that they DO NOT HAVE for megabucks and huge sums of money.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Anthony. the cult are doing you a FAVOR by not taking you back.

The biggest favor that the cult ever did for me was tossing me out with an SP Declare.

I didn't see it at the time, and it was very difficult to deal with at that time. I'm sure that that's the case for Anthony as well.

But looking back, knowing what I know now, I can see that the only thing they could have done for me better than they did was to toss me out years sooner. :D

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Absolute fraud.
Anthony. the cult are doing you a FAVOR by not taking you back. A quarter of a million dollars + 43 years and "The Mecca of Technical Perfection" services has shown you with EVIDENCE that they PRETEND answers to the human mind and soul that they DO NOT HAVE for megabucks and huge sums of money.
When we are in deep suffering, broken, and the cult is discarding us,

This is the very first day of our true road to freedom

We need help, support, to be taken care in the very beginning , while suffering is too overwhelming, and when severe depression has already set in;
We need to feel we are safe and to rebuilt a little trust and hope that is necessary to step into a healing process.
This journey only begins while one is experiencing the treason and adandonement of the cult and it's people...
But, this is how it goes to recover freedom of a very toxic relationship where self determinism and freedom where given up to the abuser..​

It's the pain and suffering that is desperately setting which is alerting us there is something wrong and dammageable going on....when one finds the courage to face delusions and lies, its deep pain, only then, resiliency can arise from the very bottom of us, and draw a new road to healing and recovervmeaning of life.

The membership of ESMB is a true real testimony of how , with help, we can overcome this painful discarding from the cult and that we can find our way back home and build a new meaningful life with the knowledge of being our own adviser , true to ourselves.

The pain will lessen , solely, with competent help and care and confidence will take place in place of delusion.

Last edited:

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
I feel qualified to comment here.

I did not commit 43 years and that much money but it did have the same effect on me. I do question if he was truly suicidal though because he drove across the country twice I think in this condition. Not to say he might not have had the potential to be pushed past the point of no return.

I think I thought I was suicidal and I wonder if this was his state. I as well as he had plenty of chances to do and yet we never did. I think when one gets in severe depression it can be painful enough to want to end it but at least in some this is a ways from suicide. i really think Scn in some gets in and stirs things up has no solution. Maybe we are just weak to begin with and it doesn't take much.

i am not trying to diminish his pain or anguish because believe me I can relate.

JustSheila

Crusader
I feel qualified to comment here.

I did not commit 43 years and that much money but it did have the same effect on me. I do question if he was truly suicidal though because he drove across the country twice I think in this condition. Not to say he might not have had the potential to be pushed past the point of no return.

I think I thought I was suicidal and I wonder if this was his state. I as well as he had plenty of chances to do and yet we never did. I think when one gets in severe depression it can be painful enough to want to end it but at least in some this is a ways from suicide. i really think Scn in some gets in and stirs things up has no solution. Maybe we are just weak to begin with and it doesn't take much.

i am not trying to diminish his pain or anguish because believe me I can relate.
Trying to drive fast enough and far enough to get away from himself, apparently. :sad:

There may have been serious attempts. We don't know, and that's a very personal thing. We know he was banned from auditing, though.

I think severe depression and suicidal are practically interchangeable. Anyone with severe depression should be treated as potentially suicidal. They may not have the strength or impulse strong enough to carry it out, or they may not be quite mentally gone enough to forget all responsibilities and to give up a life which might be the only one they have, but then again... what the person did to not take his/her life is also something personal.

I'm sorry you went through something similar. :rose:

I've been real sorry to hear Scientology is still committing atrocious crimes like this and still hasn't been stopped. :angry: Life is challenging enough without scammers messing up a person's head so the puddle they thought they can't jump becomes Niagara Falls after their "help".

Poor guy. I wish his life just goes better from here on, every single day. Glad to hear from you and know you're doing okay, too, CC. :hug:

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Part of my story is so eerily close to Anthony's. I just could not post a message to him on Tony's site because there were already 500+ comments there and it seems that is an impossible amount to read. Also, many of them are not addressing his state of mind at this moment in time. A lot of us have been out for a while. Some finally got on meds, some didn't. Some haven't been as deeply indoctrinated as others, and some didn't have a predisposition to mental illness than some others.

That being said, I really don't think anyone should question the seriousness of a person contemplating suicide. I grew up with a mother that attempted suicide (not in an "I just want attention" kind of way) many, many times. When she wasn't trying to do it, she'd talk about it. I never doubted her. She was serious, and while it was horrible and even abusive of her to hold that threat over her child's head all the time, she wasn't playing around.

At the same time, she was completely functional. She could drive any distance, go to work, look like a stunning, elegant lady, act like everything was fine, and conduct business. She had her moments of hope and clarity. It's called bipolar disorder.

I have it too, and it really doesn't matter what it's called. The first two years after I left the cult, I did not leave my house. I was paranoid, devastatingly depressed, and suicidal (but didn't tell anyone--because I didn't want to be like my mother). I had no family. I saw NO friends. I couldn't even walk five steps out of my front door to my mailbox.

Finally, when I made a true suicide attempt, I drove...drove and drove, some 400 miles away from home to the middle of nowhere. This is possible! I also drove 50 miles back to sleep somewhere for the night on a whole bottle of pills, and did not make myself vomit.

Interestingly enough, about 10 years earlier, I almost got kicked off Flag land base because my suicidal friend and roommate got kicked off the day before I was called into the Ethics Office. She told the MAA that I had threatened to kill myself before. That may have been true. They put me on the meter and I denied, denied, denied. I was being interrogated by two people as they watched all the meter reads. It was difficult to say the least. The MAA was actually screaming at me. They wanted to know if I'd ever even thought about it before.

I can tell a hundred stories of being traumatized by Scientology. By the time I was leaving, I really needed help and they wouldn't have anything to do with me really because I'd been diagnosed with a physical disability. I didn't want to have anything to do with them either by that time, but I still felt abandoned. I hid among my peers in the church and finally went crazy once I ripped off the band-aid and knew I'd never do services again.

Every year, it got a little easier, but two years out is still a very, very raw time. 43 years in? It's going to take a while. Lots of patience and education about what happened to you is your medicine for now. Patience for yourself. Be good to yourself. Do the opposite of what they did to you: HAVE COMPASSION.