What's new

Can Scientology be tripped up by consumer protection? You must hear this pitch.

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

We recently learned about an attempt by a UK resident to turn Scientology into the consumer protections agency there. In November, a detailed description of Scientology’s abusive business practices was submitted, and we’ve been given access to the report as well as the response it received from UK Trading Standards. To get more[.......]

Continue reading...

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

We recently learned about an attempt by a UK resident to [bcolor=#ffff00]turn Scientology into[/bcolor] the consumer protections agency there. In November, a detailed description of Scientology’s abusive business practices was submitted, and we’ve been given access to the report as well as the response it received from UK Trading Standards. To get more[.......]

Continue reading...
When I first read the OP I thought it was saying scientology was attempting to open another 'front group' representing consumer interests (not unfeasible IMO). Then I realised someone turned scientology in (as in reported them to the authorities). If anyone knows Tony Ortega perhaps they can get him to change the wording slightly?

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Should have been “turn Scientology in to ...” and not “turn Scientology into ....” It’s a fairly common error.

Paul

phenomanon

Canyon
When I first read the OP I thought it was saying scientology was attempting to open another 'front group' representing consumer interests (not unfeasible IMO). Then I realised someone turned scientology in (as in reported them to the authorities). If anyone knows Tony Ortega perhaps they can get him to change the wording slightly?
Thanks. I've read it 3 times because of the error.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
All this grammar and syntax policing has got to stop.
Sometimes, you just gotta role with the paunches. Or something like that.

JustSheila

Crusader
Rolling with the paunches! :roflmao:

All this grammar and syntax policing has got to stop.
Sometimes, you just gotta role with the paunches. Or something like that.
:laugh: :laugh: Oh the pictures you put in my head! :omg: This guy is definitely rolling with the paunches:

Here's another one. He don't give a shit. He's enjoying the beach and comfortable, just rolling with the paunches. :biggrin:
main-qimg-835faed46d5ce8369aa95dc068373cad.webp

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Rolling with the paunches! :roflmao:

:laugh: :laugh: Oh the pictures you put in my head! :omg: This guy is definitely rolling with the paunches:

Here's another one. He don't give a shit. He's enjoying the beach and comfortable, just rolling with the paunches. :biggrin:
main-qimg-835faed46d5ce8369aa95dc068373cad.webp
You know what, if I looked like that I wouldn't be able to leave my house, never mind get almost naked on the beach. I think he believes he looks like Mr Universe - god's gift to women.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Should have been “turn Scientology in to ...” and not “turn Scientology into ....” It’s a fairly common error.

Paul
Where should I point the AK47, perchance?

"Pulled my trigger,now he's dead.....

Mama, just killed a man...….

Ahem, time to go...

JustSheila

Crusader

We recently learned about an attempt by a UK resident to turn Scientology into the consumer protections agency there. In November, a detailed description of Scientology’s abusive business practices was submitted, and we’ve been given access to the report as well as the response it received from UK Trading Standards. To get more[.......]

Continue reading...
Yeh, Screamer2, it's a good thread topic. I am guilty of derail so reposting and commenting on the OP above. (Besides, Tony fixed the typo. ;) )

This is a hot subject. Since Scientology has to comply with business practices in the UK and is flagrantly violating these, there seems to be a very good chance that it can be sued or fined for violations. From Tony's article:

The Bunker: Does Scientology in the United Kingdom have to comply with consumer protection regulations?

Correspondent: The short answer is: Yes! Here in the UK, Scientology does not benefit from the First Amendment protection that it so successfully exploits in the US. In this country, if you are engaging in the sale of goods and services, which Scientology is, then you have to play by the appropriate rule book.

https://tonyortega.org/2019/03/08/c...consumer-protection-you-must-hear-this-pitch/

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Yeh, Screamer2, it's a good thread topic. I am guilty of derail so reposting and commenting on the OP above. (Besides, Tony fixed the typo. ;) )

This is a hot subject. Since Scientology has to comply with business practices in the UK and is flagrantly violating these, there seems to be a very good chance that it can be sued or fined for violations. From Tony's article:

The Bunker: Does Scientology in the United Kingdom have to comply with consumer protection regulations?

Correspondent: The short answer is: Yes! Here in the UK, Scientology does not benefit from the First Amendment protection that it so successfully exploits in the US. In this country, if you are engaging in the sale of goods and services, which Scientology is, then you have to play by the appropriate rule book.

https://tonyortega.org/2019/03/08/c...consumer-protection-you-must-hear-this-pitch/
I could just imagine them squirming thinking they may be forced to pay money back with a smile on their faces saying "please come again, sir/madam".

Wouldn't that be something to see? :evillaugh: