What's new

Past Tech

Bobthelearneruk

Hi I was wondering in the early development of the Tech at East grinstead did any information come up regarding the Technology of clearing on the time track. The reason I ask is because before Constantine the first made Christianity the main religion in the Roman empire confessionals were a type of Auditing

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Hi I was wondering in the early development of the Tech at East grinstead did any information come up regarding the Technology of clearing on the time track. The reason I ask is because before Constantine the first made Christianity the main religion in the Roman empire confessionals were a type of Auditing
There is no 'Technology of Clearing' @Bobthelearneruk. There is a drug-addled science fiction writers' fantasy about past lives and so-called 'implants', but that is as far as it goes. Are you sure you are on the right message board?

Veda

Sponsor
Hi I was wondering in the early development of the Tech at East grinstead did any information come up regarding the Technology of clearing on the time track. The reason I ask is because before Constantine the first made Christianity the main religion in the Roman empire confessionals were a type of Auditing.
From a 1985 interview of John McMaster, one of the senior "tech" people at St.Hill, years after he left Scientology:

The basic function of auditing is a wonderful thing, but Hubbard perverted it. The idea of counseling had been around for an awfully long time. What is the Socratic method but a form of auditing?

He asked me to go and promote the subject, and I did. I didn't know at the time what he really intended to do with it.

He got the technology to the point where he had a sort of assembly line as he called it. And he told me he was putting these 'square ball bearings' on the beginning of the assembly line, and then turning them into 'round ball bearings' at the other end. That was his idea of standard tech.

But there is magic in auditing. Good magic....

For a period of time, Hubbard trusted me implicitly with the technology, and relied on me for the information because, although he did a lot of talking, he could not audit.

He could not audit.

He had to resort to a sort of black magic hypnosis. That was to try to convince the person that he was making gains. Then, of course, after about three weeks the person collapsed. And this was explained by Hubbard because there was a suppressive person around the corner, causing him to lose his 'gains'.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
[McMaster]
For a period of time, Hubbard trusted me implicitly with the technology, and relied on me for the information because, although he did a lot of talking, he could not audit.

He could not audit.
You know, that's very interesting. Many times I heard tapes of Hubbard auditing while I was in the bubble, and I used to think "WTF?" And it (inval, eval, chopping the person's comm etc) got explained away as "the tech has changed now, of course, but pay attention to his PRESENCE!" At Saint Hill I only spoke to one person who'd had a session from Hubbard (John Cronin), and when I asked what it was like got a non-committal answer of it was something experimental and he didn't know what to think about it.

Paul

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

IIRC, (maybe in one PDC lecture?) Hubbard said that this had never happened before on the "whole track".

Hubbard's claim of "Technology of clearing" is not the same as any other type of "talk therapy".

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
[McMaster]

He could not audit.
You know, that's very interesting. Many times I heard tapes of Hubbard auditing while I was in the bubble, and[bcolor=#ffff00] I used to think "WTF?"[/bcolor] And it (inval, eval, chopping the person's comm etc) got explained away as "the tech has changed now, of course, but pay attention to his PRESENCE!" At Saint Hill I only spoke to one person who'd had a session from Hubbard (John Cronin), and when I asked what it was like got a non-committal answer of it was something experimental and he didn't know what to think about it.

Paul
Yeah, me too! But then the coherent thinking bypass kicked in and I thought to myself 'who am I to criticise Hubbard's auditing, after all, he invented it for fucks sake'. DOH!

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Many times I heard tapes of Hubbard auditing while I was in the bubble, and I used to think "WTF?" And it (inval, eval, chopping the person's comm etc) got explained away as "the tech has changed now, of course, but pay attention to his PRESENCE!"
I found some of that hilarious. I remember me and another guy howling over a tape of Hubbard prepchecking, where he goes, "Has anything been SUPPRESSED? BANG! LOOK WHAT THE METER DID THERE!" (I later incorporated this into my bullbaiting.)

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
[McMaster]

He could not audit.
You know, that's very interesting. Many times I heard tapes of Hubbard auditing while I was in the bubble, and I used to think "WTF?" And it (inval, eval, chopping the person's comm etc) got explained away as "the tech has changed now, of course, but pay attention to his PRESENCE!" At Saint Hill I only spoke to one person who'd had a session from Hubbard (John Cronin), and when I asked what it was like got a non-committal answer of it was something experimental and he didn't know what to think about it.

Paul
Ya, John Cronin (an early CC "Real Clear) grad) was on staff with me in London for a while. He is a good, honest and talented guy. I trust what he'd have to say.

R

JustSheila

Crusader
I found some of that hilarious. I remember me and another guy howling over a tape of Hubbard prepchecking, where he goes, "Has anything been SUPPRESSED? BANG! LOOK WHAT THE METER DID THERE!" (I later incorporated this into my bullbaiting.)
You have no idea how much I enjoy your posts. You're on such a roll!

Awesome shit. :winner: :thumbsup:

Gib

Crusader
From a 1985 interview of John McMaster, one of the senior "tech" people at St.Hill, years after he left Scientology:

The basic function of auditing is a wonderful thing, but Hubbard perverted it. The idea of counseling had been around for an awfully long time. What is the Socratic method but a form of auditing?

He asked me to go and promote the subject, and I did. I didn't know at the time what he really intended to do with it.

He got the technology to the point where he had a sort of assembly line as he called it. And he told me he was putting these 'square ball bearings' on the beginning of the assembly line, and then turning them into 'round ball bearings' at the other end. That was his idea of standard tech.

But there is magic in auditing. Good magic....

He could not audit.

He had to resort to a sort of black magic hypnosis. That was to try to convince the person that he was making gains. Then, of course, after about three weeks the person collapsed. And this was explained by Hubbard because there was a suppressive person around the corner, causing him to lose his 'gains'.
"The basic function of auditing is a wonderful thing, but Hubbard perverted it. The idea of counseling had been around for an awfully long time. What is the Socratic method but a form of auditing?"

Socratic method is overall missed by peeps. What is the Socratic method?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method

Hubbard monetized the Socratic method, all auditing is asking questions.

Hubbard masterly turned the socratic method into creating a crowd, a dianeticist and later a scientologist.

Hubbard never ever stimulated critical thinking.

"The Socratic method, also known as method of Elenchus, elenctic method, or Socratic debate, is a form of cooperative argumentative dialogue between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to draw out ideas and underlying presuppositions."

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Expect almost all children born in $cientology true devotees family to have developpemental issues of those raised in a neglecting environement:

• Attachement issues
  • Lack of security\safety issues

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
... all auditing is asking questions.
Not really (but yes, I agree about Hubbard monetising the Socratic method). Simple familiar Scn auditing not asking questions: Reach and Withdraw.

I don't find the yap yap procedures to be that effective after the initial telling of some traumatic event. Long lists of questions to be answered seem to me to be more about the practitioner making money by keeping the client in session for hours and hours and hours.

A short intense session on some hot topic of maybe 6-Direction with Rub & Yawn involves a minimum of yap but lots of release.

Paul

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
A long, long, long time ago -- far earlier than the founding of this universe -- there was a time that those in RONS Orgs call LTA. The time track in LTA was similar to our own time, with Inc. 1, Inc. 2, world wars, and so on. In fact, it was very similar up to around 1990, when the histories began to diverge.

In particular, there was a devastating nuclear war in LTA's 1990's. (Yes, LTA had a similar system of dating.) But we managed (so far!) to avoid that in our time, called TTA. And now our 21st century is dedicated to making things better rather than cleaning up the damage.

In LTA, things became worse and worse until everyone decided to hold a referendum -- should we continue this losing game or start over? The vote was close, but it was decided to start LTA over.

LTA stands for Last Time Around. By starting over, we have created a new history, called TTA for This Time Around.

Have you ever prophesied? It was easy, if you could remember LTA. Just ask yourself what happened next in LTA, then say that's what the future (in TTA) holds, and viola! You're a prophet. But now that the histories are diverging, that no longer works.

And to answer your question, Bobthelearneruk, there was auditing in LTA time. But the bad guys took over the C of S and corrupted the tech -- condemning thetans to eternal misery instead of clearing them. The good guys, operating off planet, did try to provide some "good" auditing, but they never could do so in sufficient quantity.

There may have been other instances of auditing in between, but I'm not aware of them.

Helena

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
A long, long, long time ago -- far earlier than the founding of this universe -- there was a time that those in RONS Orgs call LTA. The time track in LTA was similar to our own time, with Inc. 1, Inc. 2, world wars, and so on. In fact, it was very similar up to around 1990, when the histories began to diverge.

In particular, there was a devastating nuclear war in LTA's 1990's. (Yes, LTA had a similar system of dating.) But we managed (so far!) to avoid that in our time, called TTA. And now our 21st century is dedicated to making things better rather than cleaning up the damage.

In LTA, things became worse and worse until everyone decided to hold a referendum -- should we continue this losing game or start over? The vote was close, but it was decided to start LTA over.

LTA stands for Last Time Around. By starting over, we have created a new history, called TTA for This Time Around.

Have you ever prophesied? It was easy, if you could remember LTA. Just ask yourself what happened next in LTA, then say that's what the future (in TTA) holds, and viola! You're a prophet. But now that the histories are diverging, that no longer works.

And to answer your question, Bobthelearneruk, there was auditing in LTA time. But the bad guys took over the C of S and corrupted the tech -- condemning thetans to eternal misery instead of clearing them. The good guys, operating off planet, did try to provide some "good" auditing, but they never could do so in sufficient quantity.

There may have been other instances of auditing in between, but I'm not aware of them.

Helena
So the entire universe was restarted because some dust speck in the boondocks had a nuclear war and went to the dogs? Yeah, I'm buying that right along with Ron the Nuclear Physicist.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Let me try my hand at prophesy.

While "good" auditing is no longer available at CoS, Ron's Org's stepped in to save the universe, preventing us from having to start over once again, and is delivering "good" auditing which will enable us to salvage our eternity?

How'd I do? :unsure:

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Helena
I don't know much about Ron's Orgs but this is pretty disappointing. I assume this is Captain Bill's transmission from Elron Elray and I have to say it doesn't come up to the level of Science Fiction we've seen from Hubbard. Hubbard had a decent imagination for a pulp scifi writer, but this is terrible.

It simply lacks the creativity it should have. Seriously, "it's exactly like now, but with a nuclear war"? What a cop out!! Here Captain Bill had a vast, blank canvas in which he could have painted fun stuff. How about magic? How about dragons? Floating islands in the sky? The possibilities were endless but he skipped all that and said "Just like now in every respect". Yeah, I know that Hubbard did the same cop out with the Marcabian culture being "just like America in the 50s" but think of the lost opportunities!

Yeah, a disappointment. They need better writers. :bleh::ship:

Last edited: