What's new

Independent Reformed Church of Scientology incorporated in California

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Insanity-Doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-again-and-expecting-different-results..png

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Independent Reformed Church of Scientology has issued a Policy Statement.

https://scientologyreformed.org/news/f/policy-statement

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Policy statement

May 11, 2019|ESTABLISHMENT, POLICY

Today we posted an IRCS policy statement which we feel strongly about.

In addition to it being a strong communication on what this organization is about, it also differentiates us from the Church of Scientology and clearly lays out our principles, our beliefs and our policy.

OUR POLICY

We are creating an organization that delivers Real Scientology. It is a safe place/group to be part of.

We do not discriminate and never use the secrets of a PC for punishment or personal gain. We do not attack, discredit or harass parishioners, non-Scientologists, critics or those still with the Church of Scientology as we follow and practice LRH’s philosophy of clean hands and the golden rule.

We work for freedom of speech and do not censor or restrict a parishioner’s free and open inquiry in all matters and respects their right to speak, write, listen, challenge, and learn. The Independent Reformed Church of Scientology believes that what is true for you is true for you – and expects that a parishioner studies broadly on any and all subjects so as to increase knowledge, responsibility and control in life.

We are not endeavoring to open a mental institution and our services are not a substitute for competent medical treatment when it is actually needed.

We do not interfere with the personal lives and relationships of our public because we believe man is basically good and is capable of making ethical decisions on his own determinism.

We do reserve the right to refuse service to those who promulgate destruction or engage in activity contrary to the principles of our organization and Standard Technology of Scientology.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

0OO5TxT.png

Last edited:

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
The Independent Reformed Church of Scientology has issued a Policy Statement.

https://scientologyreformed.org/news/f/policy-statement

Policy statement

May 11, 2019|ESTABLISHMENT, POLICY

Today we posted an IRCS policy statement which we feel strongly about.

In addition to it being a strong communication on what this organization is about, it also differentiates us from the Church of Scientology and clearly lays out our principles, our beliefs and our policy.

OUR POLICY

We are creating an organization that delivers Real Scientology. It is a safe place/group to be part of.

We do not discriminate and never use the secrets of a PC for punishment or personal gain. We do not attack, discredit or harass parishioners, non-Scientologists, critics or those still with the Church of Scientology as we follow and practice LRH’s philosophy of clean hands and the golden rule.

We work for freedom of speech and do not censor or restrict a parishioner’s free and open inquiry in all matters and respects their right to speak, write, listen, challenge, and learn. The Independent Reformed Church of Scientology believes that what is true for you is true for you – and expects that a parishioner studies broadly on any and all subjects so as to increase knowledge, responsibility and control in life.

We are not endeavoring to open a mental institution and our services are not a substitute for competent medical treatment when it is actually needed.

We do not interfere with the personal lives and relationships of our public because we believe man is basically good and is capable of making ethical decisions on his own determinism.

We do reserve the right to refuse service to those who promulgate destruction or engage in activity contrary to the principles of our organization and Standard Technology of Scientology.

0OO5TxT.png
Well, if they actually operate according to this policy, then that seems laudable to me.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Well, if they actually operate according to this policy, then that seems laudable to me.
Does it? They say they aim to deliver 'Real Scientology'. The original scientology signally failed to deliver the high-flown promises it made, and if they are set to offer the same worthless 'services' to their 'customers', I don't see anything laudable in that.

CommunicatorIC

IRS Select Check now shows the Independent Reformed Church of Scientology has obtained 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status in the U.S.

ViUN0UH.png

VvdUciE.png

rBd1Lic.png

8DMFOdN.png

While previously reported here (see above), the Independent Reformed Church of Scientology (IRCS) has officially announced that it has obtained tax-exempt status in the U.S.

https://scientologyreformed.org/news/f/irs-tax-exemption

Prior to the public announcement of the new Independent Reformed Church of Scientology we worked to get all of our legal rudiments in. One of those was an application for tax exemption with the IRS which was submitted in December 2018.

We have since learned that our tax exemption has been approved. One small step, but a significant one for the new church nevertheless.

WpT6NeP.png

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
In regard of all what sorted out in the public area about $cientology doctrine of LRH...and the religious scam I am surprised the IRS granted it.

Although It seems to me those guys are trying to practice a form without sp doctrine and attacks..which is a good thing. Getting rid of justice policies, family disconnections , rpf policies, introspection rundown , sec checking, and letting people who are mentally or physically ill, to get proper medical advice would be a super stead ahead toward humanity and allowing self determinisn.

Then, later on, getting rid of exorcism at the would make Scientology quite safe :D

CommunicatorIC

In regard of all what sorted out in the public area about $cientology doctrine of LRH...and the religious scam I am surprised the IRS granted it.

I think the IRS is in an interesting position. Having granted tax-exempt status to the Church of Scientology International (CSI), it might be hard put to explain the denial of tax-exempt status for an Independent Scientology church that has presented a facially valid application for tax-exempt status.

What is the IRS going to say? That CSI is "organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes" (quoting section 501(c)(3) of the statute), but the Independent Reformed Church of Scientology (IRCS) is not? Why?

Indeed, as an organization the IRCS arguably has a stronger case for tax-exempt status because it came into the process with a clean record, whereas CSI had anything but.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Thank comm i\c for yor impressions
I have problem with the status of "charitable"

Where is the charity when it is obvious they are selling courses and services which will consist of perisuing years of self ecorcism. COS didn't qualified on this specific point in many countries.
Also, the religious scam has been long demonstrated in LRH's own words. They don't hold and rituals in the community , neither any ministry. Thus I am very surprised.

I think these reformist guys represent the more decent version of indies practitionners since it seems to me they sincerely believe they will help people and save the planet. Most of them carry a good reputation among indies.

The problem is $cientology and it's founder deeds and admitted evil intents. :oops:

Not that I wish them bad, ( it's a better place To land when leaving COS than in the NewRon no1 TOP insanity scam) but this was a first test on IRS and COS...Now we know it's going to nowhere ...at this time.

CommunicatorIC

Thank comm i\c for yor impressions
I have problem with the status of "charitable"

Where is the charity when it is obvious they are selling courses and services which will consist of perisuing years of self ecorcism. COS didn't qualified on this specific point in many countries.
Also, the religious scam has been long demonstrated in LRH's own words. They don't hold and rituals in the community , neither any ministry. Thus I am very surprised.

I think these reformist guys represent the more decent version of indies practitionners since it seems to me they sincerely believe they will help people and save the planet. Most of them carry a good reputation among indies.

The problem is $cientology and it's founder deeds and admitted evil intents. :oops:

Not that I wish them bad, ( it's a better place To land when leaving COS than in the NewRon no1 TOP insanity scam) but this was a first test on IRS and COS...Now we know it's going to nowhere ...at this time.

Section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code provides tax-exempt status for:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/501

(3) Corporations, and any community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes, or to foster national or international amateur sports competition (but only if no part of its activities involve the provision of athletic facilities or equipment), or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals, no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual, no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation (except as otherwise provided in subsection (h)), and which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.​

The key word is the word "or." The test in in the alternative. That is, technically IRCS need not be organized and operated for a chartable purpose if it is organized for a religious purpose.

26 CFR § 1.501(c)(3)-1(d)(1)(i) make this more clear when it states:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.501(c)(3)-1

(i) An organization may be exempt as an organization described in section 501(c)(3) if it is organized and operated exclusively for one or more of the following purposes:​
(a) Religious,
(b) Charitable,​
(c) Scientific,​
(d) Testing for public safety,​
(e) Literary,​
(f) Educational, or​
(g) Prevention of cruelty to children or animals.​

Last edited:

tesseract

Patron with Horrors
Well, I am very curious how this plays out. :cool:
That is, if they don't succumb to administrative chaos, personal vendettas, or split up endlessly. :D
This is likely to stay a very small organization and business, which can be expected due to the lack of interest in scientology "services" - caused by bad press but also an outdated and essentially not very effective (and in some regards detrimental) "product".
However, the existence of a viable "competitor" business - other than single independent auditors - would actually make it easier to create a comparison and point out to CoS parishioners the transgressions and faults of their organization - a deprogrammation tool (so to say) which would work best on CoS members that are still "pro-tech" and "pro-Hubbard" but have become increasingly "anti-CoS" and "anti-Miscavige".
And as history shows, once they leave CoS, even if they join an independent scientology organization, most of the pressure is gone and thus most will deprogram themselves over time, cast off the spell, and identify no longer as scientologists at all.

RogerB

Crusader
Well, I am very curious how this plays out. :cool:

SNIPPED . . . . .
And as history shows, once they leave CoS, even if they join an independent scientology organization, most of the pressure is gone and thus most will deprogram themselves over time, cast off the spell, and identify no longer as scientologists at all.
Yes . . . and the "spell" is the web of lies that Hubbard told and used to entrap folks. And, to be precise, the lies are not all technical or the result of fraudulent "research"; but instead were deliberately spun to TRAP members inside the cult.

Example, that Scientology is THE ONLY way out of the trap; that is is ALL BAD and dangerous out there with the "WOGS"; that Scientologists are the most ethical group on the planet . . . etc., etc.

All lies!

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Does it? They say they aim to deliver 'Real Scientology'. The original scientology signally failed to deliver the high-flown promises it made, and if they are set to offer the same worthless 'services' to their 'customers', I don't see anything laudable in that.
Well, it depends on how they want to deliver it. If it's the same fleece-and-declare type approach as the CoS, then I wouldn't support it. But if they are simply auditing people for a reasonable hourly rate, and training them in return for clearly-stated course-fees (i.e., no hidden compulsory IAS donations, Idle Morgue donations, etc), then I don't see a problem with it.

Plenty of organisations offer spiritual services that deliver benefits but don't live up to their stated aspirations: e.g. transcendental meditation promises enlightenment (eventually) if you use their meditation technique for six lifetimes. I don't think there's anything wrong with offering auditing as life-repair type thing, and stating that they ASPIRE to get you to stable exteriorisation, as long as they are more-or-less honest about the likelihood of achieving that (i.e., stating that it is aspirational, but they can't guarantee it).

I don't know why people go so sour-faced about every organisation that offers spirituality services, after they leave Scientology. The key is whether their business model is fleece-and-run, or whether they are actually trying to help people.

RogerB

Crusader
Give it a rest Roger, there is no 'trap'.

Please stop adding your personal paranoia to ESMB while trying to promote your version of scientology, most of us had quite enough of that in the cofs.
You are either being deliberately nasty with your trolling and distortions of what I've actually posted, or you are behaving as an imbecile unable to understand what is written.

I wrote what you are citing is an example of the cult's LIES . . . to wit:

Yes . . . and the "spell" is the web of lies that Hubbard told and used to entrap folks. And, to be precise, the lies are not all technical or the result of fraudulent "research"; but instead were deliberately spun to TRAP members inside the cult.
Example, that Scientology is THE ONLY way out of the trap; that is is ALL BAD and dangerous out there with the "WOGS"; that Scientologists are the most ethical group on the planet . . . etc., etc.
All lies!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
You are either being deliberately nasty with your trolling and distortions of what I've actually posted, or you are behaving as an imbecile unable to understand what is written.

I wrote what you are citing is an example of the cult's LIES . . . to wit:

All lies!

I know what you wrote Roger ... and you know that the cult always talks about 'escaping the trap' ... your post implied (very clearly and in capital letters) that there is more than one way to 'escape the (NON EXISTENT) trap'.

After all the years of observing you here promoting your tek for me to assume that (in your mind) your version of scientology would be another way to 'escape the trap' would be anything but imbecilic.

There is no trap!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Well, it depends on how they want to deliver it. If it's the same fleece-and-declare type approach as the CoS, then I wouldn't support it. But if they are simply auditing people for a reasonable hourly rate, and training them in return for clearly-stated course-fees (i.e., no hidden compulsory IAS donations, Idle Morgue donations, etc), then I don't see a problem with it.
I think the main problem with the auditing is not so much the service being delivered -- although generally it's not that good -- but the packaging. Namely that the customer is encouraged to buy into (pun wasn't intended but it sure fits) the whole Hubbard worldview with all its huge lies and false promises. I'm mainly talking about lower-level auditing here, not upper-level stuff that of necessity gets deeply into Hubbard's worldview.

Scn training, unless very superficial, cannot avoid this false universe.

The staff may well be people of good will (as many of us were/are), but it's certainly not a worldview of good will.

Paul

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Plenty of organisations offer spiritual services that deliver benefits but don't live up to their stated aspirations: e.g. transcendental meditation promises enlightenment (eventually) if you use their meditation technique for six lifetimes. I don't think there's anything wrong with offering auditing as life-repair type thing, and stating that they ASPIRE to get you to stable exteriorisation, as long as they are more-or-less honest about the likelihood of achieving that (i.e., stating that it is aspirational, but they can't guarantee it).

I don't know why people go so sour-faced about every organisation that offers spirituality services, after they leave Scientology. The key is whether their business model is fleece-and-run, or whether they are actually trying to help people.
Apart from the possible benefits of unburdening oneself to a sympathetic listener, I fail to see that scientology auditing has got much to offer beyond that, which is in direct contrast to the fantastic claims they make about each step on the 'Bridge to Total Freedom'. What a laugh!

Would you buy a car from a company that says they manufacture automobiles that 'aspire' to get you from A to B but can't be sure?

I'm not talking about 'every organisation that offers spirituality services', I'm talking specifically about scientology. I don't care about what other practices do.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think the main problem with the auditing is not so much the service being delivered -- although generally it's not that good -- but the packaging. Namely that the customer is encouraged to buy into (pun wasn't intended but it sure fits) the whole Hubbard worldview with all its huge lies and false promises. I'm mainly talking about lower-level auditing here, not upper-level stuff that of necessity gets deeply into Hubbard's worldview.

Scn training, unless very superficial, cannot avoid this false universe.

The staff may well be people of good will (as many of us were/are), but it's certainly not a worldview of good will.

Paul

True ... it would be impossible to have any auditing (or do any scientology course) without buying into at least some of hubbards madness, each course has a little bit of indoctrination automatically sewn into it, the made up words and concepts have to be fully understood and agreed to for starters and they would want to add 'keeping scientology working' to the start of every course if they truly are intent on delivering 'real scientology' as per the PR they have put out.

I don't see how any organisation could survive by just selling basic stuff (especially when there is so much bad PR about scientology around) so I assume they are intending to try and sell the upper level nonsense too.

Once they have used up their own money it will fold, I'd put money on it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Once they have used up their own money it will fold, I'd put money on it.
I see Jonathan Burke did his Academy Levels in the CofS in 1988 (see http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/j/jonathan-burke.html). I know he's been auditing in the Indie field for years. There's a 2-hour audio interview with him here that I have no intention of listening to. Assuming he's running this from his home, the additional overhead costs are not that great, ignoring any staff pay. :biggrin:

What's the betting they're all called "volunteers", rather than proper employees? The cult probably gets away with this because governments don't have the willpower/funds to take it to the courts for a decade, but this lot? Hmmm.

Paul