What's new

Death threats and gaslighting from scientologists- you are not alone

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Are you aware of what was happening in Germany during WWII? The second W in that acronym should give you a hint.

If you're referring to the pre-war years in Germany, they didn't look anything like the current US political climate, which is highly polarized between left and right. The late 1930s population of Germany was (by and large) in lockstep agreement with the Third Reich.

By the way, Mr Juno has left the building.
The climate in the USA during World War 2 was one of standing up for the little guy, supporting individual rights, and creating prosperity at home. What Germany is doing NOW is the same. The USA is falling behind with declining industrial exports, surveillance of the public, and the rollback of civil rights.

Helena

JustSheila

Crusader
The climate in the USA during World War 2 was one of standing up for the little guy, supporting individual rights, and creating prosperity at home. What Germany is doing NOW is the same. The USA is falling behind with declining industrial exports, surveillance of the public, and the rollback of civil rights.

Helena
You'd personally know about Germany's climate. The US... not so much. So I'd like to add some things.

It's a mixed bag here. The Internet is very public, but I think people's homes and personal lives outside the net are more private here in the US.

There is no rollback of civil rights. That's all hype and posturing in the media, IMO, and plenty of people are making a lot of money promoting that. Laws are as protective as ever, probably more so.

I don't think America's industrial exports have gone down, either. The stock market reflects that they are doing quite well.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
You'd personally know about Germany's climate. The US... not so much. So I'd like to add some things.

It's a mixed bag here. The Internet is very public, but I think people's homes and personal lives outside the net are more private here in the US.

There is no rollback of civil rights. That's all hype and posturing in the media, IMO, and plenty of people are making a lot of money promoting that. Laws are as protective as ever, probably more so.

I don't think America's industrial exports have gone down, either. The stock market reflects that they are doing quite well.
Perhaps the big increase in government-sanctioned attacks on minorities (blacks in particular) ARE no more than media hype. I don't have any way of knowing for sure. Perhaps a survey ("have the cops bashed in your head or the head of someone you know lately") would be a way of finding out for sure. ;)

But I do know that the US is exporting a lot of agricultural products, instead of mostly finished goods, which are the key to a favorable balance-of-trade.

According to Yanis ("don't panic") Varoufakis' "Global Minotaur" theory, the USA is manipulating some countries into going into heavy debt while others run a surplus -- and that surplus ends up invested in US companies, shoring up stock prices. And that this is necessary to keep the US from going into a economic breakdown.

Helena

JustSheila

Crusader
Perhaps the big increase in government-sanctioned attacks on minorities (blacks in particular) ARE no more than media hype. I don't have any way of knowing for sure. Perhaps a survey ("have the cops bashed in your head or the head of someone you know lately") would be a way of finding out for sure. ;)

But I do know that the US is exporting a lot of agricultural products, instead of mostly finished goods, which are the key to a favorable balance-of-trade.

According to Yanis ("don't panic") Varoufakis' "Global Minotaur" theory, the USA is manipulating some countries into going into heavy debt while others run a surplus -- and that surplus ends up invested in US companies, shoring up stock prices. And that this is necessary to keep the US from going into a economic breakdown.

Helena

Helena
Here is a partial list of the numerous hoax "hate crimes" in the USA:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/18/hoax-hate-crimes-list/

If I have a theory that Germany created the European Union because it is getting payoffs from Moslem countries and wants to unstabilize the rest of Europe and take over, that doesn't make it true, regardless of how many people may want to believe it is.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
IMO, civil rights are at an all time high here in the U.S.

However there's been an erosion of civil liberties in recent years, especially since the 9/11 incident.

[Edit: Here's some info on the distinction between civil rights vs civil liberties for anyone interested:
https://civilrights.findlaw.com/civil-rights-overview/civil-rights-vs-civil-liberties.html ]

Here in Florida the owner of the New England Patriots (Robert Kraft) and dozens of other men were recently arrested for soliciting prostitution. The police used what they refer to as a "sneak and peak" warrant which allowed them to install cameras in a private business where people had a right to privacy, a massage business.

This is a type of warrant that only became legal after 9/11, and it's purpose was to apprehend terrorists. But police frequently use it and other parts of the Patriot Act on a routine basis for all types of things such as in this case where Kraft was charged with a misdemeanor.

Fortunately for Robert Kraft he's a billionaire and can afford a legal dream team and there's a 95+% chance he'll win this case, but the police had been doing this type of thing for years against many others who didn't successfully challenge it, as this is a case that can go all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court and would be very expensive.

In another example of the erosion of civil liberties, back in the 1990's I regularly circulated petitions in front of the County Commission building here in downtown Tampa, FL, exercising my First Amendment right to petition the government. After 9/11 I've been repeatedly blocked from doing that in violation of the U.S. Constitution. They're using security as a reason to shut down peoples constitutional rights.

Neither of my examples are isolated instances, rather this type of thing is common, and I could provide many more.

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased

This isn't happening. In fact, it's just the opposite...especially when theres a riot over "injustice". The media is just as complicit there, too.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Here's a perfect example of media spin. Not only, as Shiela said, is it near impossible in the U.S. to find out the election results across Europe because of the media blackout but when it does headline it's spun to make it look different than what it is.

Hopes of Brexit Deal Changes Dashed by Pro-EU Wins in Elections

(Bloomberg) -- The failure of populist parties to score a big win in European Parliament elections is likely to dash the hopes of leading contenders to be next U.K. prime minister that Brussels will soften its stance on Brexit.

That's exactly what it does regarding cops targeting minorities.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Here's a perfect example of media spin. Not only, as[bcolor=#ffff00] Shiela[/bcolor] said, is it near impossible in the U.S. to find out the election results across Europe because of the media blackout but when it does headline it's spun to make it look different than what it is. <snip>
Now yer in trouble!