What's new

Can you help this father who wants to keep his son out of Scientology?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
This is a post on Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker this morning. If you have suggestions you can go there and leave it in the comments section there, or you can leave one in THIS thread and I'll post a link over there to this thread:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reader, can you help this father who wants to keep his son out of Scientology?

We get a lot of inquiries about Scientology here at the Bunker, but this one was different from any that we’d previously received. It’s a delicate situation, and rather than make our own suggestions, we proposed presenting this reader’s questions to our commenting community for suggestions. He agreed to that idea.

With the many former Scientologists we have here, and expert counselors and attorneys, we figured some good strategies would emerge. Here’s the conversation we had, only lightly edited for clarity and to remove identifying information…

Reader: My ex-wife is a Scientologist and she is trying to raise my son as one. He’s 4-and-a-half-years-old and she already has him starting the auditing. She’s told him multiple things concerning it and I don’t want those ideas to be stuck in his head. I just want to know if there’s suggestions that you have for deterring him away from it. I’ve Googled everywhere and I can’t really find any message boards or anything relating to this. If I do find one then it doesn’t have any posts newer than a year. Any help would be appreciated.

The Bunker: That’s a tough one. Does she have custody? Do you have an attorney? What’s your agreement with her regarding his schooling?

<snip>

Read Full Post Here: https://tonyortega.org/2019/06/03/r...who-wants-to-keep-his-son-out-of-scientology/

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
If the mother has sole custody of the child, and there's no prior written agreement backed up by a court order, I don't see any way that the father can prevent the mother from influencing her child's religious upbringing.

This will require some savvy out of the box thinking to solve.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
If the mother has sole custody of the child, and there's no prior written agreement backed up by a court order, I don't see any way that the father can prevent the mother from influencing her child's religious upbringing.

This will require some savvy out of the box thinking to solve.
They've got 50/50 custody.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
The cherch (Local EO or MAA, or Dir I&R or whatever) won't want it to go to court, and will pressure the mother to solve it without it going that far. Probably flow into a Chaplain's cycle. The father can reject that, but it's not good, really.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The only approach that I think would work, is if dad convinces OSA that the amount of trouble he can cause for them this week before 2:00 greatly exceeds the value of a possible SO recruit 10 years from now.

I would have a lawyer have a chat with OSA, and convince them that Scn would get more immediate stats from getting wife to surrender total custody to him, and then convincing her to join staff/SO full time.

In dealing with these people, you have to convince them that you are able and willing to take it well outside their comfort zone

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
Sucks, sounds like the situation I had when my parents divorced.

I'd say:

1. Keep in contact with your lawyer and don't do anything that could cause loss fo custody.

2. Keep the kid outside of scn school.

3. Keep the kid involved in group activities not linked to scientology. Sports, boyscouts maybe?

4. You might want to involve him in things that are perfectly normal outside, but seen as malicious inside scn. Speech therapy is one avenue - maybe get him to see a psychiatrist. Even if the psych doesn't find anything or prescribe anything, this will make the boy less attractive as a candidate to scn.

5. Expose the kid to other religions or philosophies of life. Nurture his curiosity - scn hates people asking questions.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
I think I just realized the perfect way.

Perhaps the father could convince the child to start telling everyone that he is the reincarnation of LRH? I think that could make a lot of people inside scientology have a mental meltdown.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I think I just realized the perfect way.

Perhaps the father could convince the child to start telling everyone that he is the reincarnation of LRH? I think that could make a lot of people inside scientology have a mental meltdown.
I think even better would be if the child begins telling everyone his home planet is Farsec, and all his relatives on the whole track are Psych's.