What's new

Yo, my beautiful thetans.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
it is very important to note that taking all materials literally is mentioned as low toned in SOS an in point of fact Xenu, Helatrobus etc are not presented as articles of faith
LRH talking about OT III (the Xenu stuff), from Ron's Journal 67:

"I went out and took my life in my hands, you might say, and brought the matter off. The mystery of this universe and this particular area of the universe has been – as far as its track is concerned – completely occluded. No one has ever been able to make any breakthrough and come off with it and know what happened. As a matter of fact, it is so occluded that, if anyone tried to penetrate it, as I’m sure many have, they died.

The material involved in this sector is so vicious that it is carefully arranged to kill anyone if he discovers the exact truth of it.

So in January and February of this year, I became very ill, almost lost this body, and somehow or another brought it off and obtained the material, and was able to live through it. I am very sure that I was the first one that ever did live through any attempt to attain that material. This material I’m talking about, of course, is very upper level material and you will forgive me if I don’t describe it to you in very broad detail because it’s very likely to make you sick, too."

http://suppressiveperson.org/1967/09/20/transcript-rons-journal-67/

Sure sounds to me like he wanted us to take it literally.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow

"I went out and took my life in my hands, you might say, and brought the matter off. The mystery of this universe and this particular area of the universe has been – as far as its track is concerned – completely occluded. No one has ever been able to make any breakthrough and come off with it and know what happened. As a matter of fact, it is so occluded that, if anyone tried to penetrate it, as I’m sure many have, they died.

The material involved in this sector is so vicious that it is carefully arranged to kill anyone if he discovers the exact truth of it.

So in January and February of this year, I became very ill, almost lost this body, and somehow or another brought it off and obtained the material, and was able to live through it. I am very sure that I was the first one that ever did live through any attempt to attain that material. This material I’m talking about, of course, is very upper level material and you will forgive me if I don’t describe it to you in very broad detail because it’s very likely to make you sick, too."

Gads!

And to think, I actually bought into that phony baloney bullshit at one time. Geez...

No One

a girl is no one
Don't forget the mandatory three 'hip hip, hooray!'s.

Man that almost always creeped me out when I was younger. Too bad I didn't know anything about Cults. Whenever someone said it's a cult I immediately though occult, goat sacrifice and satan worship. Then again, I wasn't far from it on the satan bit.

(can't find a barf emoji either... **wahhh* :cry:

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
Man that almost always creeped me out when I was younger. Too bad I didn't know anything about Cults. Whenever someone said it's a cult I immediately though occult, goat sacrifice and satan worship. Then again, I wasn't far from it on the satan bit.

I never minded the three, 'hip hip, hooray!'s to LRH because I genuinely felt a tremendous love and admiration for the man while I was in the cult.

Today, I'd feel like a fool doing that.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable

I did not mid the "hip-hip" stuff. I felt its a ceremonial ritual in the same way people address the buddha in a chant or say hail Mary and stuff. Wasn't a big fan, but didn't care.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron

It does sound as though he meant it to be taken seriously and it can be taken seriously w/o being taken literally

Do I take it seriously?

As I've said before on this board, anyone who wants my complimentary tickets to the next Xenu and the BT's concert is welcome to them.

However...

Many people who have left the church continue to speak well of their experience with the level and this is to be respected by all honest and serious critics of the subject and the organization.

Which is not to say their ribald badinage should be silenced in such appropriate arenas as ESMB

:carryon:

Last edited:

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson

Here.

:puke2:

You r welcome.​

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
It does sound as though he meant it to be taken seriously and it can be taken seriously w/o being taken literally

Do I take it seriously?

As I've said before on this board, anyone who wants my complimentary tickets to the next Xenu and the BT's concert is welcome to them.

However...

Many people who have left the church continue to speak well of their experience with the level and this is to be respected by all honest and serious critics of the subject and the organization.

Which is not to say their ribald badinage should be silenced in such appropriate arenas as ESMB

:carryon:
"Many"? Really. Name one.

EDIT: I don't count "independents" as having actually "left the church", they just changed denominations. Name one who "speaks well" of OT III who has left Scientology.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
So Bill, by your standards someone has not left the church unless they renounce the tech in it' entirety.

Many who have left still speak well of much of the tech including OTIII.

I will continue to respect them for it.

And to respect your own freedom of opinion and speech

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
So Bill, by your standards someone has not left the church unless they renounce the tech in it' entirety.

Many who have left still speak well of much of the tech including OTIII.

I will continue to respect them for it.

And to respect your own freedom of opinion and speech
Cool. I never said or implied that people don't have freedom of opinion and speech. If you think I've said that, prove it. Quote where I've said that.

What I did imply was that "many" people who have left (Scientology) do NOT speak well of Xenu and the BTs. I'm sure you could finally name ONE or, maybe, TWO. But that isn't "many".

Your opinion of the "tech" is well-known -- and you have every right to your opinion -- but when you imply that the "tech" is valid and valuable and claim "many" people like it -- I will object. What is TRUE is that almost all who have experienced Hubbard's "tech" have rejected it as useless or, occasionally, barely useful in limited application.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've accused you of nothing either in word or thought Bill.

Yes, many who have left renounce the work in entirety

We don't have any numbers on who was there and still speak well of it but you can be certain those ho think well of it greatly outnumber those who speak well of it.

And certain as well that many trash it because their environment calls for it; the old "spit on the cross to show you're a Roman" game

Gib

Crusader
I've accused you of nothing either in word or thought Bill.

Yes, many who have left renounce the work in entirety

We don't have any numbers on who was there and still speak well of it but you can be certain those ho think well of it greatly outnumber those who speak well of it.

And certain as well that many trash it because their environment calls for it; the old "spit on the cross to show you're a Roman" game
Hubbard used the same tactic Clay,

we are the few, the chosen, to keep the light of freedom.

oh the rhetoric.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
it is very important to note that taking all materials literally is mentioned as low toned in SOS an in point of fact Xenu, Helatrobus etc are not presented as articles of faith
My point, CP, is that contrary to what you state in the post quoted here ^^^^, the Xenu bit IS DEFINITELY being presented as an article of faith in what I quoted from Ron's Journal 67.

LRH isn't saying take it or leave it, he's saying that's the way it is.

I'd say anyone who believes this is brainwashed. I feel compassion for those people in the same way I would for someone who is mentally ill.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
When I left, I sort of believed a lot of it was okay until a few years ago when I was pointed here by a former fellow inmate of the asylum.

After I left, I never talked to anyone about it until that bloke popped up out of the blue one day.

I read and researched a lot since and now think it's just a load of crap. Took me over 30 years to get to that though.

Any workable stuff would not have originated from Hubbard (he would have stolen it) and most of it would be pretty well obsolete now.

That's what I believe now. You may come to that conclusion yourself someday, or you may not.

Either way I wish you well.