What's new

Anybody from AOSHUK about 1979-1980?

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I was in the Sea Org. in the UK, joined about sept. 1979 and left 1 year later.
I was at Saint Hill.
Lived at first at Stonelands, then there was a move into new houses they bought.
I often wonder what happened to the people I met there in that year.
Towards the end on my stay a Mission came and the famous Capt. Bill was there.
I will tell more soon, but look forward to hearing from others........

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
AOSHUK

I knew Tony Phipps, but cant remember his face just the name.
Who was Commading Officer at the time u were there?
You remember Sylvia Collins, Tony Bazuik?
I was in Qual, but only in the Sea Org for 1 year myself
thanks for replying

ozzie

Patron with Honors
Sylvia was a very good friend of mine. She is still IN in PAC somewhere. Hope she is doing well.

Ozzie

PS was at FOLO UK 69-71 - did some missions from Flag also late 70s to FOLO and AOSHUK. Many good friends there then.

:yes:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
boy, dontcha know the 'Church' *hates* people findind and re-integrating all these loose human threads :)

Thank you Emma

Zinj

British Mom

Patron with Honors
I was in the Sea Org. in the UK, joined about sept. 1979 and left 1 year later.
I was at Saint Hill.
Lived at first at Stonelands, then there was a move into new houses they bought.
I often wonder what happened to the people I met there in that year.
Towards the end on my stay a Mission came and the famous Capt. Bill was there.
I will tell more soon, but look forward to hearing from others........

I first went there about 1981, I knew Brenda McQuade, Ros & Steve Bisbey (both of them died) I think Brenda McQuade may still be there. Also, Ila, Ros Delacy, Tony Phips, Susan Prieur, & many more.:confused2:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I first went there about 1981, I knew Brenda McQuade, Ros & Steve Bisbey (both of them died) I think Brenda McQuade may still be there.

I fancied Brenda McQuade once and wrote a poem about her. At the time I had written several about different women, all starting off with similar first lines, changed for the individual name of course. The fun would come in making an appropriate rhyme.

Oh Brenda, dear Brenda
What a joy to upend her!
Alas she is wedded
And cannot be bedded.

Shame.​

I admit it's not one of my better poems. :)

Paul

Good twin

Floater
I fancied Brenda McQuade once and wrote a poem about her. At the time I had written several about different women, all starting off with similar first lines, changed for the individual name of course. The fun would come in making an appropriate rhyme.

Oh Brenda, dear Brenda
What a joy to upend her!
Alas she is wedded
And cannot be bedded.

Shame.​

Paul

It's a fine artistic statement Paul.:yes:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Oh Brenda, dear Brenda
What a joy to upend her!
Alas she is wedded
And cannot be bedded.

Shame.​

Paul

Arrrghhh! You made me spit coffee all over my monitor! :hysterical:

British Mom

Patron with Honors

Oh Brenda, dear Brenda
What a joy to upend her!
Alas she is wedded
And cannot be bedded.

Shame.​

Paul

She divorced Mark McQuade & then my daughter got controlled by him. My daughter joined the SO to get away from him :duh: so its his bloody fault that I lost her to LA.:bigcry:

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Stonelands

I joined the S O in 1976, live at Stonelands in the Ballroom. I remember some of the occupants names. Paul Adams, Mark Gardiner, Bryan Andrews, Dave Skull, Bennie Da Costa, Alex Smith, Alf Wilson and John Cox. Moved to Bullards and left in 1981. Then did a couple of years on SH Foundation. In 1985 had OT 3 and some NOTS with Vicky and Eric Ballard in Lancing. Done nothing since in Scio.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I joined the S O in 1976, live at Stonelands in the Ballroom. I remember some of the occupants names. Paul Adams, Mark Gardiner, Bryan Andrews, Dave Skull, Bennie Da Costa, Alex Smith, Alf Wilson and John Cox. Moved to Bullards and left in 1981. Then did a couple of years on SH Foundation. In 1985 had OT 3 and some NOTS with Vicky and Eric Ballard in Lancing. Done nothing since in Scio.

Hello and welcome michaelangelo ...

Well, for a start have a good look at the photo in the post above yours (DOF) ...

:eyeroll:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

I was at FOLO UK ffrom Nov 76 until Jan 78. Did two Flag missions into AOSH UK the first one to put Hank Laarhuis on post - the second one to remove him!

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Stonelands

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I remember him,Paul Adams, he was a Letter Reg at the time I was Addresso Officer. I remember the Captain Bill Mission. I'm Don Simons. Who are you?.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi Don,

Yeah, I remember you. Very few people posting here disclose their real names. I had dinner with Skully and John Harvey in 2002 in East Grinstead (before I was declared). It was nice to see them both again.

Paul

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Paul

I remember doing nightwatch with you when I first joined the S O. I wonder if John Cox is still in the land of the living?. What are you up to these days?. I see you are in Hull. I tried to get in touch with Chris Hxxxxxx and Rahmon Nassor a few years ago through Friends Reunited.But neither of them replied. I live in Brighton and have recently been made redundant from the Civil Service. My wife teaches Spanish and I have an 18 year old daughter at Portsmouth Uni.
Have looked into other spiritual practices but currently am happy to do meditation and tai chi. Have a couple of web sites I look at they may interest you. Red Ice Creations and Steve Gambles Shopping For Spirit. Do you still play Go?. Pity that most people don't put their real names on the forum. I have no fear of the C of S. If people want to practise scio thats up to them. I'm on no crusade to get people out of the church. Theres more important things going on in the world. But I am one of the lucky ones as I don't have any family members there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Paul

I remember doing nightwatch with you when I first joined the S O. I wonder if John Cox is still in the land of the living?

John Cox is still very much alive. in fact, I saw him walking down the street just the other day. He looks pretty good considering that he must be well into his 90s by now.

Axiom142