What's new

HELLO OSA ANZO

Carmel

Crusader
im mark and kerri's daughter sonja and i can tell you now none of us have drug problems and i have a daughter now and there's no way she'll be raised the way we were.i jus cant beleive yous would beleive the bullshit rumors the sea org members make.yeah we've all experemented with drugs who wouldnt after being told your whole life they're bad.when you go from being born into the SO to suddenly being out on your own in the "wog world" you go along with wat everyone else is doing cause thats all you know wat to do.there's a lot of things i regret doing but in a way i had no choice.how does a young girl say no to something when everyone's judging you and there's so much pressure on you to fit in and there's no one there to tell you otherwise!

Totally get it Sonja, but no-one is or has been pointing the finger at you or your sibblings. They have pointed the finger at actions of your mother, but then ultimately they are pointing the finger at what the CofS "indoc" does to people, and what people can become under the 'hold' of the CofS.

Any reference to you kids or any other SO/cadet org kids "not doing well", is usually and always almost made, to bring home the point how fu'ked it is and has been for them. If you read more on this board, you'll see how our hearts go out to you and all these kids. The reference is not made, in any way, to put them down. It's made, just to drive it home, that this scenario for any and all of our children, needs to change!

Stan D'Teque

Patron with Honors
Apologies for any upset I may have caused you Sonja and I hope we can be friends. Having been a dad and raised babies I know what stress that puts on any mum. I hope that you have help doing the very important job of being a mum. I welcome you to the board and hope you stick around - it's usually a fun place to be.

SLE

Patron
thanks

I Hear you, hey I've taken drugs and experimented, I'm sure 90% of this planet has, so no need to explain, and yes if I was in the SO with all that around me for such a long the first thing I would want to do when I came out was get high and forget about all that shit I was just in too. In fact thats what a lot of us on this board did when we came out of the Orgs, so don't worry we have all been there too!!!
I have no doubt in the world Sonja you will be a great mum, as you have now seen the world, seen what people can do and what religion can do so your child will be brought up to actually observe like you have had to for so long. Don't worry about the bullshit rumors and be so happy that you know what you know, and that you can see when bullshit is right in front of you. Sad to hear how you where treated but good in the way you got youre self out and you have a healthy baby and a life of your own to create and continue with your own freedom, that you can now share for ever with your child. Some of us have family still in there with no contact and SO & staff natterring to our family about us every day to keep them away from us. Hope you do well and wish you and your child all the best.

thanks.my mums still in there and dont think she'll ever leave obviously its more imporant than her children.i feel sorry for all the friends i had in there growing up in the cadet org most of them are only children and both their parents are still in there so its harder for them if they wanted to leave.i wish i could help them i'v tried but all they know is scientology and they dont have brothers or sisters to help them.if my brother hadnt of been kicked out i dont think i would of ever left cause i would of never known what i was missing out on so i guess i got to say thanks to them for that.
my dad was my lifesaver thats why i was so cut when i read what people were saying about him.if he hadnt of left i dont think i'd be here today!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
thanks.my mums still in there and dont think she'll ever leave obviously its more imporant than her children.i feel sorry for all the friends i had in there growing up in the cadet org most of them are only children and both their parents are still in there so its harder for them if they wanted to leave.i wish i could help them i'v tried but all they know is scientology and they dont have brothers or sisters to help them.if my brother hadnt of been kicked out i dont think i would of ever left cause i would of never known what i was missing out on so i guess i got to say thanks to them for that.
my dad was my lifesaver thats why i was so cut when i read what people were saying about him.if he hadnt of left i dont think i'd be here today!

I'm so happy that he was there for you and your brother & sister in the end. It's what people do in times of hardship that ultimately show their true character.

If it helps any, would you tell him that I'm sorry for posting things that weren't true and that I forgive him for what he did in Sydney.

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Your dad

Yeah, Its really cool that he has been there for you all. How is he? Whats his view point on the Church now? My husband and him were great mates, and he would love to catch up with Mark, but he hasn't had the courage to as we are totally out now and not sure if your dad would want to have coffee with us or hang out now we are on the this side of the fence. Is he still on lines?

SLE

Patron
dont blame you

Hi SLE,

I've read the whole thread now and have a pretty good idea who you might be. But first let me tell you who I am.

My name is Michelle Ryan. I used to be Michelle Butcher, Kerri & Mark would know me by that name. I was in Scn from 1993 - 2001 and spent most of that time on staff at MelD. I am the owner and administrator of this board.

In 1998 I was forced to go to the CLO to do an RTC citation driven ethics cycle. I had a lot to do with Mark who was running my cycle. I also got to know Kerri a bit better too. I had had several run ins with Kerri previously while she was at MelD on SO recruit cycles. It was on that cycle that I believe Kerri was made CO CLO. Now I may be mistaken about that and it might have been CO FOLO. After 10 years some of the details fade.

My major upset on that ethics cycle was that both Mark & Kerri treated me like dog shit. I arrived in Sydney at midnight scared and alone one night after being ordered up there on threat of declare. No one had anywhere for me to stay. Mark knew that I was completely lost and petrified and basically left me to sleep in the street. I was lucky enough to find a floor to sleep on that night. For weeks and weeks they both treated me like I was a sub human.

I had an agreement with them that I would be finished before my daughters 1st birthday so I wouldn't miss it. But they made the cycle so slow that I wasn't finished and ended up spending my daughter's first birthday crying my eyes out in the kitchen at the CLO "earning" my beans & rice so I could still eat. They wouldn't let me leave. I could go into this whole horrific experience in great detail (and may do that one day) but it's too long a story for tonight.

Regarding what I'd posted earlier - It was information I was given that according to you is false. Well fair enough. I was also given other information that corrected my earlier post and I posted that too. I have no desire to spread false rumours and will correct anything I post if I find it to be incorrect.

Regarding drugs and sexuality - I arrived in scientology because of my own drug problems and my brother whom I adore is gay. I have absolutely no prejudice against sexual preference or drug experimentation.

If my post upset you that I do apologise for that. But I won't apologise for exposing the cruelty of Scientology and the naming of those responsible. Kerri & Mark might be OK in your books, but they have hurt a lot of people over the years, sometimes knowingly and sometimes unknowingly. They took something from me that can't be replaced.

edit:

Apparently while I was posting this a whole bunch more posts were made and you have confirmed you are Marks daughter. As I said in my earlier post I wish him and his children all the best. I'm glad he took the right path in caring for you over staying in the SO.

You are welcome here and I hope that one day I can speak to Mark again and put the horror behind both of us.

thank you for explaning im sorry for going off its just hard to read something like that about your parets.(well my dad, dont care what you say about my mum) she was the CO FOLO and is now on the RPF she signed herself on there for what reason i have no idea!dont know who would volunteer to be in that shit place eating scraps and getting the shit jobs.
there's probably no excuse for what they done to you all i can say is my dad is a very changed man since leaving.my mum hasnt changed at all except that she's more deeper into the shit

Supra

Patron
Thanks for the story

WOW ! ! I say again welcome. I feel good now to get the correct story. Makes me feel like saying sorry that I wasn't there to help you kids then.

BUT I AM NOW.

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Love Greg :)

Last edited:

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
thank you for explaning im sorry for going off its just hard to read something like that about your parets.(well my dad, dont care what you say about my mum) she was the CO FOLO and is now on the RPF she signed herself on there for what reason i have no idea!dont know who would volunteer to be in that shit place eating scraps and getting the shit jobs.
there's probably no excuse for what they done to you all i can say is my dad is a very changed man since leaving.my mum hasnt changed at all except that she's more deeper into the shit

Wow Sonja, I am so glad Marks well, let me know if you think he's up for a cuppa with some old friends that are out hey.:thumbsup:

SLE

Patron
have no idea

Yeah, Its really cool that he has been there for you all. How is he? Whats his view point on the Church now? My husband and him were great mates, and he would love to catch up with Mark, but he hasn't had the courage to as we are totally out now and not sure if your dad would want to have coffee with us or hang out now we are on the this side of the fence. Is he still on lines?

i have no idea if he's still onlines he doesnt tell me probably bacause i'd go off.a while ago he bought some tapes but im not sure what he's doing with them.what is yours and your husbands name ill talk to him and ask him if he'd like to meet up

Carmel

Crusader

Hey, don't be too hard on your mum....she's in no place 'mentally' to have a 'choice'. I remember the old days, when you three were littlies.....you were the most important in her life - she was so proud of the three of you and you were the light of her life! I know that! So sad that she later got so sucked in to the crazy and insane whirlwind......I so hope she gets free of it, sooner rather than later, for her sake and for the sake of you kids.

I totally get why you were so cut, reading that stuff about your dad! Anybody would have been, if they were in your shoes! I'm glad you spoke up!

Hey, do hang around on this board...you are among friends here, and people who care.

Love,
Carmel

SLE

Patron
thanks

WOW ! ! I say again welcome. I feel good now to get the correct story. Makes me feel like saying sorry I wasn.t there to help you kids then.

BUT I AM NOW.

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Love Greg :)

thanks

SLE

Patron
thanks

Totally get it Sonja, but no-one is or has been pointing the finger at you or your sibblings. They have pointed the finger at actions of your mother, but then ultimately they are pointing the finger at what the CofS "indoc" does to people, and what people can become under the 'hold' of the CofS.

Any reference to you kids or any other SO/cadet org kids "not doing well", is usually and always almost made, to bring home the point how fu'ked it is and has been for them. If you read more on this board, you'll see how our hearts go out to you and all these kids. The reference is not made, in any way, to put them down. It's made, just to drive it home, that this scenario for any and all of our children, needs to change!

thanks for your support

SLE

Patron
ummm

I'm so happy that he was there for you and your brother & sister in the end. It's what people do in times of hardship that ultimately show their true character.

If it helps any, would you tell him that I'm sorry for posting things that weren't true and that I forgive him for what he did in Sydney.

not sure if he know's about this site?

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Hey Sonja

i have no idea if he's still onlines he doesnt tell me probably bacause i'd go off.a while ago he bought some tapes but im not sure what he's doing with them.what is yours and your husbands name ill talk to him and ask him if he'd like to meet up

Hey Sonja,
Ask him if he remembers his friend Dean:thumbsup: If so I will get my number to you via one of our mutual friends and you can pass it on. :thumbsup:

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
who are you?you know nothing about mark ellis or his kids

Hi SLE and welcome. I don't get to access the board as much as I'd like to, but for what its worth here is my experience with Mark.

In the early 80's in Adelaide, Mark and I shared the telex and used to have pleasant, almost nightly, chats while we handled the Org and GO telex traffic. This was before the GO traffic became so secret that the telex machine had to be locked up in case some one saw something they shouldn't have. I left staff shortly after this.

Then in the late 80's, early 90's, an estates mission, or something came down to Adelaide to help decluge the org and make sure that we weren't chucking out anything we shouldn't. Mark was in charge. About 4 field volunteered to help. I was one of them. Mark stood around, drinking coffee, maintaining altitude, and giving orders. We carted stuff up and down stairs and generally worked pretty hard. I suggested at one stage that the work would go more quickly if he gave us a hand. Us, included a man called John Sowerby, who was well over 70 at the time. Mark didn't help. Anyway I didn't go back after 2 days because I got sick of being treated like a pack animal by a person I formerly regarded as a friend. Hence my comment.

If Mark has left $cn and regained his pleasant nature and good humor, then I am happy for him. I also forgive him for being such a dead shit. $cn makes deadshits out of the best people, and Mark was not immune. He has obviously been a great father to you.

Anyway, welcome!

By the way - does any one know whether John Sowerby is still around?

SLE

Patron
dont really know what to say about that

Hi SLE and welcome. I don't get to access the board as much as I'd like to, but for what its worth here is my experience with Mark.

In the early 80's in Adelaide, Mark and I shared the telex and used to have pleasant, almost nightly, chats while we handled the Org and GO telex traffic. This was before the GO traffic became so secret that the telex machine had to be locked up in case some one saw something they shouldn't have. I left staff shortly after this.

Then in the late 80's, early 90's, an estates mission, or something came down to Adelaide to help decluge the org and make sure that we weren't chucking out anything we shouldn't. Mark was in charge. About 4 field volunteered to help. I was one of them. Mark stood around, drinking coffee, maintaining altitude, and giving orders. We carted stuff up and down stairs and generally worked pretty hard. I suggested at one stage that the work would go more quickly if he gave us a hand. Us, included a man called John Sowerby, who was well over 70 at the time. Mark didn't help. Anyway I didn't go back after 2 days because I got sick of being treated like a pack animal by a person I formerly regarded as a friend. Hence my comment.

If Mark has left $cn and regained his pleasant nature and good humor, then I am happy for him. I also forgive him for being such a dead shit. $cn makes deadshits out of the best people, and Mark was not immune. He has obviously been a great father to you.

Anyway, welcome!

By the way - does any one know whether John Sowerby is still around?

well you know what i dont really think thats a good excuse to be talking shit about his children.you may of had a bad experience with him but the people who were spreading the rumors about us kids had no right first of all because you dont know us and secondly you should know better than to read into the bullshit that the SO members are spreading.

Hi Sonja

Hi Sonja,

My name is Dean. I 'fired' to Canberra with your dad in 1990 and we had a terrific time. I think I may have even 'baby sat' you guys at Australia St, Camperdown a few times. Please let Mark know that I'd love to have a cuppa with him (and yourself if you're interested).

It's great to be free isn't it?

Regards Dean