What's new

Would you like to see CofS revamped and reformed?

Do you hope for reform of CofS and would you rejoin if so?

• No, I don't think reform could happen.It would never get off the ground- it would be the same.

Votes: 34 52.3%
  • Yes. It's possible and I would rejoin once I was sure it wasn't like it was before.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Maybe possible but I'd not rejoin as it would be: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • I don't care if it's possible or not.I don't want to see anyone out there spreading Scn.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Yes, I think it's possible but I wouldn't rejoin because I'm too used to going my own way.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Yes, I think it's possible but I wouldn't rejoin because I don't want to do any Scn.

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
After the rockets engines turn off, it follows a parabolic or elliptical (not hyperbolic) path, and that is ballistic, I think. If fluffy was flying in the atmosphere with wings, straight and level, that would not be ballistic.

Ignoring the fluffy aspects of it, the general usage matches more the explosive powered part of the flight than the free-fall remainder.

Paul

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ignoring the fluffy aspects of it, the general usage matches more the explosive powered part of the flight than the free-fall remainder.

Paul

ballistic - Of or pertaining to projectiles or their flight, moving under the action of no force except gravity.

The New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary

That's the only definition in my favorite dictionary.

Last edited:

GreyLensman

I'm with Amadeus...

Lose the church aspect. Lose the admin tech. Incinerate KSW.

Get the best tech terminals on the planet to sort though the all the materials and rejigger it from a one size fits all carwash to a more personalized ability driven personal improvement non-profit.

Focus on training auditors, fields auditors and auditing. If you just want auditing no one will reg you.

No must haves on anything.

Staff makes a living wage. No clapping at pictures.

Sea Org is disbanded.

Good Lord I could go on and on.:no:

Would I rejoin? Well, under my paradigm, they're really wouldn't be anything to join. Would I train and receive auditing from a group like that? Sure.

Scientology from around 1952, with developments from the field and LRH's personal paranoia missing? Sure. I would miss the charm L. Ron Hubbard had back then but not the bullshit, even then.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That's the only definition in my favorite dictionary.

Go to Google and type >>>define:ballistic<<< (without the arrows!) and you'll get definitions from 21 places. Some of them match your definition and some don't. If you do >>>define:go ballistic<<< you'll get three more:

Definitions of go ballistic on the Web:

flip one's lid: get very angry and fly into a rage; "The professor combusted when the student didn't know the answer to a very elementary question ...
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Go Ballistic is the first CD release by Ipswich ska band, The Ballistics.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Ballistic

To become very angry and irrational
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/go_ballistic

Paul

Megalomaniac

Go to Google and type >>>define:ballistic<<< (without the arrows!) and you'll get definitions from 21 places. Some of them match your definition and some don't. If you do >>>define:go ballistic<<< you'll get three more:

Definitions of go ballistic on the Web:

flip one's lid: get very angry and fly into a rage; "The professor combusted when the student didn't know the answer to a very elementary question ...
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Go Ballistic is the first CD release by Ipswich ska band, The Ballistics.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Ballistic

To become very angry and irrational
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/go_ballistic

Paul

I prefer not to think that I lost this argument, but rather, that I came in second place. Is there a prize for second place?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sometimes I think it can be reformed and at times I despair of it.

Dianetics surely does have it all over thorazine and electroshock and I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.