What's new

Mate's Story

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Hi Haiqu,
In case you don't know, if you click on Mates name at the top of any of his posts you have access to e-mail him or PM him. He dosn't post much and thus may not read here much.

I believe you're both in the same town.

David's apparently in Sydney from what I could gather. Yes, an email might be a good idea, even if only to point out the post.

haiqu

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
David's apparently in Sydney from what I could gather. Yes, an email might be a good idea, even if only to point out the post.

haiqu

Haiqu - you can also PM Kookaburra to get a hold of Mate. That was how I got him to respond. He lurks every so often, but she can help you get connected to him easily. (DONT TELL HER TO HIT HIM OVER THE HEAD WITH A BEER GLASS, I did that and he was mad at me for a week).

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Haiqu - you can also PM Kookaburra to get a hold of Mate. That was how I got him to respond. He lurks every so often, but she can help you get connected to him easily. (DONT TELL HER TO HIT HIM OVER THE HEAD WITH A BEER GLASS, I did that and he was mad at me for a week).

Kooka is a girl? OK, I didn't know that. With a name like that she must be Aussie too, I wonder if we know each other ... hmmm. I love these little mysteries.

haiqu

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dianne Henderson was the only person out of 100,000's of people who came through my centers over the years - that ran the OT III incident in her early dianetic sessions....she had no way of knowing the material before hand.

Alan

Alan, that is indeed interesting. Not many come up with that right off the bat.

My mother told me that humans had come to this planet in a spaceship crash some thousands of years ago. Maybe she was an escapee! This was when I was a teen in the early 60's. She had never had any contact with Scn. But she had vivid track recall and was psychic.

I couldn't get away with a damn thing when I was a kid! No sec checks required! Life's a bitch, eh.

On the plus side, she sat me down and taught me to read minds when I was 8 years old. Other than being a great way to amuse and mystify my friends, it led into other psychic phenomena, waking the dead (not kidding), astral travel aka remote viewing, premonitions etc. Some of which was under my control and some was not. It was many, many years before I found out this was not normal!

Regards

Kookaburra

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alan, that is indeed interesting. Not many come up with that right off the bat.

My mother told me that humans had come to this planet in a spaceship crash some thousands of years ago. Maybe she was an escapee! This was when I was a teen in the early 60's. She had never had any contact with Scn. But she had vivid track recall and was psychic.

I couldn't get away with a damn thing when I was a kid! No sec checks required! Life's a bitch, eh.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

On the plus side, she sat me down and taught me to read minds when I was 8 years old. Other than being a great way to amuse and mystify my friends, it led into other psychic phenomena, waking the dead (not kidding), astral travel aka remote viewing, premonitions etc. Some of which was under my control and some was not. It was many, many years before I found out this was not normal!

Regards

Kookaburra

I turned on a lot of that stuff when I was 14 - when I lived in the outback. I worked on a huge cattle station (ranch) that was several 10,000's of acres.

I had horse and a couple of dogs and would often go alone for days looking for cattle......I would feel as if I was the only person on the planet....at night I felt I could touch the stars.

I must admit I had little idea of what was going on....just that I felt huge and at peace.

You must have lived a very different childhood than most?

My family was as psychic as a brick. :) But, they loved me as much as they could. :blush:

Alan

Tanstaafl

Crusader

Err, I think I'll be the first to say "Could you expand on any of that by any chance?".

I, for one, would be very interested to hear more. New thread, perhaps?

Cheers

tanstaafl

mate

Patron Meritorious
Hi David,

I've been posting to this message board for weeks and even dropped a message asking for contact with anyone ex-Lee St. but only just discovered tonight who "mate" was from a comment in another message thread.

I recall going to AOSH ANZO in the early 80's and finding everyone I knew gone, having been on the lines of the tiny ACT org and thus not knowing about the changes wrought by Int. management. It wasn't until many years later that the details of those times started to filter into the public domain. Among other names, I specifically asked where you had gotten to, and was told - by whom I don't recall - that you had gone "over the rainbow".

Now I didn't know whether they meant you had gone uplines, were dead, or had become gay but as two out of three of those options didn't look good I dropped that line of discussion. So it is with great pleasure that I find you've continued with what was always a charmed life, and after reading all of your story tonight must say that it was entertaining.

I started in 1975 but since I'm much younger you may have trouble recalling me. Male, longish auburn hair, wore a dark green leather coat almost everywhere, studying electronics at the tech over the road. I was on course from Aug 75 during Fdn hours and joined staff for a while, although that didn't work out well for me. I neither suffered extreme hardships at the hands of the evil Scientologists :melodramatic: nor held any vital posts, and of the few interesting people I knew you have rounded up most of them in your messages.

Since my story isn't all that interesting, it probably won't be told. Tales of failed cases and the struggles of half a lifetime spent trying to achieve the results promised are a dime a dozen. I did, however, finally make it to OT III privately last year, for which I am and will be eternally grateful.

I was surprised in your recall of the basement section of Castlereagh St org your omission of Steve Stevens' Black 911 Turbo Porsche with the SEA.ORG number plates, but otherwise your reminiscences of both orgs matched well with mine.

I've been in contact with some of the other guys who dropped out of sight, and actively looking for others. Heard from Peggy Daroesman by email a few years ago, she was one of the unfortunates who had to run around a tree for months and was not happy even years later. I believe she's working in Melbourne these days but haven't had further contact.

Mike and Cherie Eves were still in the SO when I last saw Mike, who was in Melbourne to set up some A/V event about 10 years ago. Little Rosie VDW was CO Syd Day last time I was up there, and Joy runs a mission in Cairns. Ian Tampion is no longer with us, but the legacy of his dedicated work remains. It also saddened me to hear about Peter Sparshott, whom I last saw at Flag in '95.

I was curious at your "moving on, no longer doing Scientology" message, and even more curious in what you could possibly have moved onto from there. But I firmly believe that the work is just beginning and that there is plenty of room for research, especially in the attainment and propagation of stable OT abilities. Hopefully your training isn't being wasted, anyhow.

All the best, mate.

haiqu

Hi Haiqu.
That dark green leather coat pulled me right back into the Sydney Foundation academy. But I can't put a face or a name to it. I am ambivalent about OT3, but only because of the imaginary science fiction incidents 1 and 2. In my opinion, addressing "BTs" is useful, although I feel that "attachment" or "attached entity" would be a better description. This phenomenon is real and many can see them or more accurately, their aura. While they remain attached, the person will have physical problems in the region of the attachment. Most would have only one or two or perhaps a handful, not the 1000's that mysteriously "appear" in NOTs. I personally believe that NOTs is very dangerous as is evidenced by the high level of cancer deaths. However, be that as it may, I am delighted that you did your OT3.

Your interpretation of the expression, "gone over the rainbow" is very funny. :hysterical: I think Steve's 911 was after my time as I don't recall it, or it is heavily 'on suppress' as a black 911 was a dream of mine back then.:eyeroll: I think Mike and Cherie Eves are currently in the PAC RPF. It is real shame. Peggy Daroesman, now there's a name I know, but I can't place her. I didn't know about Ian but I was aware of Peter Sparshott, Harry and Pat Bloomberg and Paul Schobel.

I've had a few enquiries about what I'm doing now, so I've decided to address it in my next post.

Regards, David

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Hi Haiqu.

That dark green leather coat pulled me right back into the Sydney Foundation academy. But I can't put a face or a name to it.

I'll PM you.

I am ambivalent about OT3, but only because of the imaginary science fiction incidents 1 and 2. In my opinion, addressing "BTs" is useful, although I feel that "attachment" or "attached entity" would be a better description. This phenomenon is real and many can see them or more accurately, their aura. While they remain attached, the person will have physical problems in the region of the attachment. Most would have only one or two or perhaps a handful, not the 1000's that mysteriously "appear" in NOTs. I personally believe that NOTs is very dangerous as is evidenced by the high level of cancer deaths. However, be that as it may, I am delighted that you did your OT3.

I hit both incidents in regular auditing quite early on, although my recall didn't include DC-8's and I got totally different dates. However, doing OT 3 did get off a lot more charge so there was some truth in them. I also recently found an E/S to Inc I which helped. I believe NOTs wasn't researched properly, and have tried some Excalibur. It seems to work pretty well here. As for CBR's overall cosmology, well ...

Peggy Daroesman, now there's a name I know, but I can't place her. I didn't know about Ian but I was aware of Peter Sparshott, Harry and Pat Bloomberg and Paul Schobel.

Peggy was with Mike Eves before he married Cherie. Chubby, intense folk musician. Didn't know about Schobes, how did he go?

haiqu

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Just wanted to add (not that anyone should be interested :))that I also dreamed of having a black 911 but never got it. :(

If someone could just give that a quick ack I think I might blow some charge on it. :D

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Just wanted to add (not that anyone should be interested :))that I also dreamed of having a black 911 but never got it. :(

If someone could just give that a quick ack I think I might blow some charge on it. :D

It's yours!

51720_izaporschecarreragt.jpg

mate

Patron Meritorious
Hi Mate,
Noticeably missing from your EUS reminisces are your missions to FCDC. Aside from the one with Mike Alla, were there others? Was their tech so good you didn't need to go?

Hi Div6. Sorry about the delay in my answering your question. So in addition to the mission with Mike Alla, I did a further mission into FCDC and also one into the Foundation Org. This time I knew where the Org was, so I decided to use the subway and get off at Dupont Circle. On the journey there was a station called "foggy Bottom".:hysterical: In fact, a lot of the stations had unexpected names such as "Shady Grove", "Silver Springs".

The Lead C/S's name was Crowe but I don't recall his first name, I keep coming up with Russell, being an Aussie and all that. I was impressed with the standardness of the tech and the level of delivery at FCDC. I did have to get the "reg lost line" in again, it seems to drop out on Thursdays.:eyeroll:

On my mission to DC Fdn, I missed my flight and decided to take the first flight out of La Guardia which was to Dulles International. I thought I might see a Concorde, but didn't. When I arrived I asked someone where was the subway. The response was "There's no subway here, Pal. You can get a bus over there". I thought 'Oh no!" I got onto the bus and as it was leaving the airport I saw a sign which said "You are leaving Virginia" and then right after it, another saying "Welcome to Maryland", and I thought "Where the hell am I?" It took something like three hours to reach Washington DC.:eek: What a great start to my mission!:angry:

The Fdn org was much smaller than the Day org but if I remember correctly they had their own Div 6 area. C/S Crowe acted as the Snr C/S for the Fdn org which seems to be the pattern where there are Day and Fdn orgs. I must say that I never understood why Fdn orgs were started, or even why they were called Foundation orgs.

But Div 6, you were correct about their tech being good. After I left EUS, I believe there were some staff upheavals in DC which may have been related to Miscavige inspecting NY. This was while I was in the middle of my OEC/FEBC training to become QEI. Apparently Miscavige was appalled with the condition of the NY SO berthing building in 48th Street, although I thought Gold was much worse, and CLO and CMO NY offices being in the NY Org building in 44th Street. I heard that the Gold RPF was used to renovate the SO building in 48th Street.

EUS also had the smallest org on the planet, two part-time expediters. This was when I was there. Miscavige decided to inspect this org.:eyeroll: Unfortunately when he got there one of the expediters had blown and the one remaining had broken his leg which was in plaster. He would come in daily to open up the building in the morning and close it at night. He had no idea as to what to do, and was waiting for a mission from the CLO. The story goes that when Miscavige arrived and saw what was what, Miscavige declared the boy!:confused2: So then there was no staff!:omg:

Regards, David.

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
I think Steve's 911 was after my time as I don't recall it, or it is heavily 'on suppress' as a black 911 was a dream of mine back then.

I suspect this won't make you feel any better, but I owned a Havana Brown 924 Turbo for 9 years. I always wanted a 928 but this was the best I could afford.

haiqu

mate

Patron Meritorious
I suspect this won't make you feel any better, but I owned a Havana Brown 924 Turbo for 9 years. I always wanted a 928 but this was the best I could afford.

haiqu
Hi haiqu. Hmmm! You do look kind of smug.:duh: But after I blew in 1990, I found a used car lot on La Brea Ave in Hollywood which had two 924s at $US 1800 each and one was an almost guards red. I visited the lot a couple of times but eventually decided against it. Now let me see,:whistling: that would be about $AUS 3000. Hmmm:eyeroll: I always thought the 924 had better lines than the 928. The mechanic we use, has a 911 Carrera in guards red in mint condition. It was the last model with mechanical fuel injection. Ahhh Yes.:thumbsup:

Regards, David.

Div6

Crusader
Hi Div6. Sorry about the delay in my answering your question. So in addition to the mission with Mike Alla, I did a further mission into FCDC and also one into the Foundation Org. This time I knew where the Org was, so I decided to use the subway and get off at Dupont Circle. On the journey there was a station called "foggy Bottom".:hysterical: In fact, a lot of the stations had unexpected names such as "Shady Grove", "Silver Springs".

Yeah, "Woodley Park", "Ballston"...definately some double-entendre place names.

The Lead C/S's name was Crowe but I don't recall his first name, I keep coming up with Russell, being an Aussie and all that. I was impressed with the standardness of the tech and the level of delivery at FCDC. I did have to get the "reg lost line" in again, it seems to drop out on Thursdays.:eyeroll:

Ira...good guy. The "reg lost line" was the "standard" CLO mission to FCDC kind of thing...anytime the CLO needed extra cash. It was a bit of a joke amongst the staff members....we even knew where they missionaires would go to eat once they "briefed EC." It seemed they were glad for the change of space, if nothing else. I guess we were lucky in that respect, that that was all it was...

On my mission to DC Fdn, I missed my flight and decided to take the first flight out of La Guardia which was to Dulles International. I thought I might see a Concorde, but didn't. When I arrived I asked someone where was the subway. The response was "There's no subway here, Pal. You can get a bus over there". I thought 'Oh no!" I got onto the bus and as it was leaving the airport I saw a sign which said "You are leaving Virginia" and then right after it, another saying "Welcome to Maryland", and I thought "Where the hell am I?" It took something like three hours to reach Washington DC.:eek: What a great start to my mission!:angry:

Ooops...I hate it when that happens.

The Fdn org was much smaller than the Day org but if I remember correctly they had their own Div 6 area. C/S Crowe acted as the Snr C/S for the Fdn org which seems to be the pattern where there are Day and Fdn orgs. I must say that I never understood why Fdn orgs were started, or even why they were called Foundation orgs.

For a while they were running tours to other EUS orgs, to crack some of their nuts...

But Div 6, you were correct about their tech being good. After I left EUS, I believe there were some staff upheavals in DC which may have been related to Miscavige inspecting NY. This was while I was in the middle of my OEC/FEBC training to become QEI. Apparently Miscavige was appalled with the condition of the NY SO berthing building in 48th Street, although I thought Gold was much worse, and CLO and CMO NY offices being in the NY Org building in 44th Street. I heard that the Gold RPF was used to renovate the SO building in 48th Street.

God that place was a slum...if Gold berthing was worse, then I can only imagine...

EUS also had the smallest org on the planet, two part-time expediters. This was when I was there. Miscavige decided to inspect this org.:eyeroll: Unfortunately when he got there one of the expediters had blown and the one remaining had broken his leg which was in plaster. He would come in daily to open up the building in the morning and close it at night. He had no idea as to what to do, and was waiting for a mission from the CLO. The story goes that when Miscavige arrived and saw what was what, Miscavige declared the boy!:confused2: So then there was no staff!:omg:

Regards, David.

Yeah, ol Dead Eye DM...NEVER picks a wrong target.

Thanks for the post!

mate

Patron Meritorious
Haiqu, Div 6 and Mate,

What years were you all in EUS? You may know my mom and step dad.

Hi Beatrix :) I was in EUS in the mid '80s. I did know Erik, but but not your Mom. Haiqu is an Australian, I knew him in Sydney in the late '70s. I don't know when Div 6 was there. You might like to PM him.

Regards, David.

mate

Patron Meritorious
Hi Div 6, you're welcome.

Ira Crow, yes that's it :happydance: If I remember correctly, his wife was Irene and I think she may have been ED at the time.

This reminds me of my mission into the Fdn Org. The front of their building was looking a bit scruffy, so I took the two EDs for a walk and had them tell what was wrong. Then we walked to the top of the hill and looked at the presentation a couple of neighboring Embassies. We then discussed what to do with the front of the FCDC building, like replanting the the front with new shrubs, placing a brass plaque by the door identifying as a former ladies college and a couple of flags. Of course, I'm sure nothing happened. :eyeroll:

God that place was a slum...if Gold berthing was worse, then I can only imagine...
Yes, it's hard to imagine. In a normal bedroom there were four triple bunks for twelve Int Execs, like Commanders in rank, twelve sea chests and the only hanging space was the end of the bunks. There were two such rooms which were serviced by a single bathroom (for 24 people). Showers were timed at strictly two minutes and even then the last had a cold shower, invariably poor old Larry Lester. :eyeroll:

Regards, David.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
1982-1994

You are gonna know my mom and step dad then. I am drunk now so PM me cause now I would be out security = treason. I dont want anymore lower conditions. PM me. I know you know both my parents then. (my step dad, who passed from cancer, and my mom).