What's new

“The Whole Field is Disaffected”

Anonycat

Crusader
I'm curious as to how they plan to "handle" all these disaffected public.

It will involve cash, credit card or personal check with two forms of ID. Actually, everything they try to lure people back doesn't work ... it's a down stat snowball to cult hell. :happydance:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by Operating DB
25 years out and now suddenly they have been bothering me with phone calls this year.

It's the mail center. They don't say that it is Scientology but the number they leave is Scientology if you call that number.Yeah, I know... and I have been out for 30+ years. It's very weird.

Just when you thought you got rid of Homo Novi-From-Hell....they're baaaaaaaaack!

"We come back!"

Rallying cry of Sea Org Members, B-Movie monsters & Haunting Ghosts.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
"....you know yo' ass is doomed!"

I'm really trying to be optimistic, I really am, but picturing a brand new empty building with a few glazed over Scientology staffers trying to talk people into watching a video of L Ron Hubbard incoherently babbling isn't allowing me to do it. I'd feel more optimistic about it if they were trying to get people to watch a video of Reverend X preaching about the Spirit of Truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_pV0H5ieiw

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
holy hell, that was insanely hilarious!!!!!!!!!!
I loved every minute of it.
....and that Funkadelic's groove totally handled all of my by-passed-funk.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

looker

Patron Meritorious
I got em too 20 years out. My wife tells em its a new number and she is a single person. Take me off your list.:nervous:

May 1st call from Clearwater Fla 727-224-3028 727-467-5212 727-214-5862
May 17th call from Bridge Publications LA Giesela 323-960-3530
July 5th 2008 323-580-zzzz Hmm...580 numbers may be Veriazon cell phones.

here is a call blocker http://www.digitone.com $99. I may get one....:angry:

Here is a non churchie complaint

Expert: Ed Buckner
Date: 1/28/2008
Subject: Interstate Telephone Harassment from Church of Scientology

Question
Hello, we have received over 100 calls from the Church of Scientology over the past 3 months. Mostly from this telephone number, but there are others as well: 727-683-9114.

We have politely asked them to take us off their list, and we have screamed our heads off at them. They call almost every day, and always late on Sunday nights between 10 and 11 pm. They refuse to stop calling.

They claim they are trying to find someone who used to live at our address, but our telephone number is a new one so there is no legitimate reason for them to have and abuse our telephone number.

Is there any way we can press charges against them for interstate telephone harassment? We just want them to stop, and each time they say they will record the information to take us off their list, but then they call again within a day. We have spoken to the FBI, and they say as long as there is no personal threats made against us, they can do nothing.

There is also piles of junk mail that come from them to this address, and we can't make that stop either. They should be ashamed of themselves. We receive over 10 pounds per week of expensive glossy spam, in triplicate.

We'd appreciate any advice you can give on this matter.
Thank you

fisherman

Patron with Honors
A number of years back an attorney started getting called repeatedly by one company. The 'underling' callers kept telling him they had no mechanism to take him off the list. He notified the company, in writing, that he would start billing them for his time. He tallied the call times over a period of six months and submitted a bill. They refused to pay and he took them to small claims court. He won. :coolwink:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
A number of years back an attorney started getting called repeatedly by one company. The 'underling' callers kept telling him they had no mechanism to take him off the list. He notified the company, in writing, that he would start billing them for his time. He tallied the call times over a period of six months and submitted a bill. They refused to pay and he took them to small claims court. He won. :coolwink:

Hey, that could work even if you aren't an attorney. In small claims court, it would just be you vs. some Joe Schmo sea org member, because they don't allow attorneys there. It's just two individuals and the judge.

Lynn

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Thank you! I just might use that if they start up again. (But I don't think that they will.)

byte301

Crusader
Hey, that could work even if you aren't an attorney. In small claims court, it would just be you vs. some Joe Schmo sea org member, because they don't allow attorneys there. It's just two individuals and the judge.

Lynn

Chances are they wouldn't show up for court anyway and you'd win by default.

I won a traffic accident case like that in small claims court. :D I had to garnish his wages to get my money.

It would be a scream to get davey's wages garnished.:D

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
This happened back in the early to mid 80s when many Scientologists left the church. Many of them went over to groups like David Mayo. The Church response was to send teams of missionaires to handle the disaffected field where scores of Scientologist became ex-scios. This was also the time Cl IV orgs had to send their staff to do the "decks" at their nearest FOLO. This was a way to RPF staff members who were not in the SO. Rollbacks were the major tool used back then. It was witchhunts at its finest.

Because there was no internet or any other way of sorting out the truth the Co$ survived this period but looking back at it now if we had the internet the Co$ would have imploded. There were many other Scientologist that were on the edge of leaving the Church at that time but decided to stay.

A word of advice on answering phones - don't unless you don't really care. It is very annoying but that Pro TRs course works great in ignoring the calls. Glad I got something out of that course. :blah: I treat them as vampires. They can't come in unless you invite them. :ignore:

It's great to read the the whole field is disaffected. I would love to see the snowball effect get so big that it would run over DM. Have to go...somebody is knocking on my door. :omg:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
This happened back in the early to mid 80s when many Scientologists left the church. Many of them went over to groups like David Mayo. The Church response was to send teams of missionaires to handle the disaffected field where scores of Scientologist became ex-scios. This was also the time Cl IV orgs had to send their staff to do the "decks" at their nearest FOLO. This was a way to RPF staff members who were not in the SO. Rollbacks were the major tool used back then. It was witchhunts at its finest.

Because there was no internet or any other way of sorting out the truth the Co$ survived this period but looking back at it now if we had the internet the Co$ would have imploded. There were many other Scientologist that were on the edge of leaving the Church at that time but decided to stay.

A word of advice on answering phones - don't unless you don't really care. It is very annoying but that Pro TRs course works great in ignoring the calls. Glad I got something out of that course. :blah: I treat them as vampires. They can't come in unless you invite them. :ignore:

It's great to read the the whole field is disaffected. I would love to see the snowball effect get so big that it would run over DM. Have to go...somebody is knocking on my door. :omg:

And Merril Mayo was at the Riverside Mission when Bent splintered off from the CofS. (I was chastised for not reporting this, on OCBM, from one former member that was there during that time.)