What's new

Geir Isene has a new Natterboard!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
KSW has as one of its prime tenets to *stomp out* anything but itsellf. Other 'philosophies' may wish that, but, in practice not push the issue.

KSW is *inherently* intolerant of anything but itself. It even admits as much and makes excuses for it.

Zinj

Except that Geir is not a KSW Scn'ist and the board is not KSW. If you'd actually go in and read the things people are saying and the dissenting opinions that are not only allowed but encouraged by admin, you'd know that.

Thus do I refute your entire circular argument.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Except that Geir is not a KSW Scn'ist and the board is not KSW. If you'd actually go in and read the things people are saying and the dissenting opinions that are not only allowed but encouraged by admin, you'd know that.

Thus do I refute your entire circular argument.

If you look back you'll see that my point was that it's impossible to run a forum acceptable to KSW Scientologists unless it's prime directive is KSW. I'll accept that Geir doesn't slavishly follow KSW because he's said so. But, it's still unclear where the limits of freedom of Speech will be drawn on his natter board *because* it also attempts to pander to the KSW Scientologists, or, to be more honest, the Scientologists who are *not* squirrels.

Zinj

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
If you look back you'll see that my point was that it's impossible to run a forum acceptable to KSW Scientologists unless it's prime directive is KSW. I'll accept that Geir doesn't slavishly follow KSW because he's said so. But, it's still unclear where the limits of freedom of Speech will be drawn on his natter board *because* it also attempts to pander to the KSW Scientologists, or, to be more honest, the Scientologists who are *not* squirrels.

Zinj

And I've already told you exactly how a venue of written words can be implemented without any party line or KSW thingies.

We (I'm a mod there) also "pander" to critics. In fact, I recently defended a critic's post that someone thought should be edited/deleted and I didn't.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Time will tell. So far I'd say the forum gets good marks for 'good intentions', but also for naivete.

Zinj

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
The Lurkers Guide To KSW

GeirBridge: KSW, as needed, or whatever else floats your flagship.

Church of Scientology: KSW, brethren, or we'd rather have you dead.

MartyBridge: KSW, brethren, or we'd rather see you paralyzed.

watch

ExKane

Patron
Is anyone else getting a "Warning: this site may harm your computer" message when visiting scnforum? I'm going to be mad if someone hacked the site.

Isene

Patron with Honors
Issues of stability and security

I have added an announcement to the forum:

Issues with stability and security of the forum
There has been annoying issues lately with the stability of this forum. Some posts have mysteriously disappeared. During this time the web server hosting company, Maiahost.com, has upgraded their servers. This may be part of the problem, but we are not entirely ruling out the possibility of foul play by others. Also, the forum is hosted in the same network as certain domains that has been reported by Google as having security issues. The security issues is not affecting our forum, only other sites hosted by Maiahost. Users of Firefox should turn off the option "Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected attack site" under "Edit->Preferences->Security" to avoid problems accessing and refreshing the forum. We will sort all this out, even if there is foul play involved.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is anyone else getting a "Warning: this site may harm your computer" message when visiting scnforum? I'm going to be mad if someone hacked the site.

Yes, I think the site has been infected with body thetans.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
FYI Claire, it's still coming up on google.

Search Results The Scientology Forum: Welcome to the forum
This site may harm your computer.
For anyone interested in Scientology - courteous, without Argumentum ad Hominem, and no references to upper level confidential material.
www.scnforum.org/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:scnforum.org++&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Mary

When I visited yesterday, it tried to slip me a Trojan! :ohmy:

Thank goodness my Kung Fu was too strong. :yes:

Having Mr Kaspersky riding shotgun helped as well, of course.

Ax

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
FYI Claire, it's still coming up on google.

Search Results The Scientology Forum: Welcome to the forum
This site may harm your computer.
For anyone interested in Scientology - courteous, without Argumentum ad Hominem, and no references to upper level confidential material.
www.scnforum.org/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:scnforum.org++&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Mary

Yes, someone told me yesterday in IRC and I've PMd Geir again. I hope it can be resolved soon. It's good to receive this feedback.

omnom

Patron with Honors
I posted on a different thread, but it seems that it may be a simple typo between "google-analystisc.com" (bad) and "google-analytics.com" (probably not bad.)

I'm amazed it's taken so long to discover, and appalled that Geir's blog actually asks you to drop your security in Firefox. Unfortunately, since Geir disallows comments on the blog posting, I have only been able to bring it up here. Dropping your security in your browser is a BAD idea.

I'm also banninated from a certain IRC channel for a) lurking (I have a shell, so I appear to always be logged in,) and b) bouncing in and out every few minutes for a day or so (I blame my IRC peer, Undernet SantaAna, but understand the reason for the ban.)

Isene

Patron with Honors
Update

The issue is not with scnforum.org but with another site hosted in the same network. This is apparent on the Google warning page:

What is the current listing status for scnforum.org?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 3 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-12-05, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-12-05.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including google-analystisc.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32475 (SINGLEHOP).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, scnforum.org did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

I have been in constant communication with Maiahost who is the hosting provider for scnforum.org. They have sorted out a few sites on the network, but the one noted above is lingering (that site is not under their control, however). I will move scnforum.org home (to my own hosting facilities) if this does not sort out soon.

Isene

Patron with Honors
We have verified the reason for the security issue. There was indeed foul play. Hell will be raised.

SuperPowers

Patron with Honors
Tory Magoo at Geir's place

I'm lurking the Scnform now and then. I saw Tory Magoo had made a rather friendly introduction before Christmas whereby her intentions are questioned.
Of course Tory is known for her YouTube condemnations of CoS and Hubbard so it's logical that some of the "true believers" has to feel uneasy by her mere presence. The dialogue is quite interesting to follow.

http://www.scnforum.org/index.php?t=msg&th=209&start=0&S=2ea6f3a73a5fcee4d763535f2e59720b

Welcome to our place Tory!