What's new

EXScn/EXSO in San Francisco Bay Area

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jack,

Do you remember Brian Shaffner from Mountain View? I think he was public.

He is an auditor and course sup at Alan Walter's center in St. Jo, TX.

Yes, I remember Brian. Nice kid, as I recall. Seems you know more about him than I do. I just knew he stopped coming around.

Jack

Yes, I remember Brian. Nice kid, as I recall. Seems you know more about him than I do. I just knew he stopped coming around.

Jack

He had spent $60K on Scientology, and got as far as grade 0. He didn't think he would go Clear in this lifetime. After leaving, he was Clear in 10 months.

Robin Selmier

I went by Rod and Robin's house today. There was a guy there, who told me that he had bought it from Robin a couple of months ago. He didn't have a new address, and he says that mail is collecting for her. It isn't being forwarded.

She isn't working at Palo Alto anymore. A spokesperson says that she has "moved on"

I think she moved over to the neighborhood near that org on Lundy, near The San Jose Flea Market. Is that what Stevens Creek became? I've lost track.

Does anyone think the asbestos on the Freewinds had anything to do with Rod or their son's deaths by cancer?

Last edited:

yzernow2

Patron
Nice spotting Anonycat!

the poster is lookin' like the Co$

Sorry!! Believe me - am not CO$. Not for many years!! :melodramatic: Didn't intend to use my name and wasn't asking for names, but just wanted to get a general idea of how many EXs in the Bay Area. I apologize for not giving a little more info about me.

I got in early 70s. Left SO and staff in mid 80s, then blew for good in early 90s.

Knew many Scns in many places but chose to distance myself from all things Scn so chose not to seek out EXs when I left. I was alone and it was rough leaving back then and I'd seen what Scn had done to other critics I knew. There was no internet, no Anon. And I just wanted to create a new life. Then a couple years ago after I moved, somehow Scn got my contact info and started harrassing me after all these years- tons of mail, phone calls every week, etc.

Trying to figure out how to make that stop is what drove me initially to catch up w/everything on the internet and to esmb, more as a lurker than a poster. Good news is that I have gotten all mail to stop. And phone calls at least for now. And have family members recently leave the SO that I've been able to help.

Thanks for all you've shared. Don't think I know any of you, but feel free to PM if you want to connect in more detail.

Last edited:
Sorry!! Believe me - am not CO$. Not for many years!! :melodramatic: Didn't intend to use my name and wasn't asking for names, but just wanted to get a general idea of how many EXs in the Bay Area. I apologize for not giving a little more info about me.

I got in thru Orange County alliance for brotherhood in early 60s then went to Denmark and was staff/SO at Pubs for several years. Spent some time in Berkeley and Walnut Creek and West LA before and after. Left SO and staff in mid 70s, but was in SF area and LA until 1990 when I blew for good.

Knew many Scns in many places but chose to distance myself from all things Scn so chose not to seek out EXs when I left. I was alone and it was rough leaving back then and I'd seen what Scn had done to other critics I knew. There was no internet, no Anon. And I just wanted to create a new life. Then a couple years ago after I moved, somehow Scn got my contact info and started harrassing me after all these years- tons of mail, phone calls every week, etc.

Trying to figure out how to make that stop is what drove me initially to catch up w/everything on the internet and to esmb, more as a lurker than a poster. Good news is that I have gotten all mail to stop. And phone calls at least for now. And have family members recently leave the SO that I've been able to help.

Thanks for all you've shared. Don't think I know any of you, but feel free to PM if you want to connect in more detail.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm glad you've had family leave the SO.
I know some people in davis from that time period, if you're interested. Also Barry Zito is working rehabbing million dollar hitters in San Francisco these days.

Last edited:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Knew many Scns in many places but chose to distance myself from all things Scn so chose not to seek out EXs when I left. I was alone and it was rough leaving back then and I'd seen what Scn had done to other critics I knew. There was no internet, no Anon. And I just wanted to create a new life.

Sounds like me!

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think she moved over to the neighborhood near that org on Lundy, near The San Jose Flea Market. Is that what Stevens Creek became? I've lost track.

Does anyone think the asbestos on the Freewinds had anything to do with Rod or their son's deaths by cancer?
Yes, the new, Idle Org of Stevens Creek is on Lundy. In fact Rod was the principal general contractor who coordinated its building. (He did a really good job of, IMHO)

As to the Freewinds asbestos/cancer thing, I sort of doubt it. One thing I noticed in knowing the family (not intimately, mind you, working with Rod & Robin at Mtn Vw mssn, and Robin at Palo Alto mssn) was that with their two kids, the older, Jason seemed to favor his mom, while Grant seemed to favor his dad, both in appearance and demeanor) This leads me to think more of DNA rather than CoS asbestos irresponsibility. But, then again, who knows:confused2:

Jack

2ndGenCultie

I was at Los Gatos from 1998-2004, MV, PA from 2004-2008 and then Total Freedom!

Dan, I know you! Please PM me, I'm too newbie to write you. :)

I live in SF but got into it when I was working in SoCal. Would love to host a gathering of Ex's if there's any interest. Have normal therapeutic background we could even do it as a potluck or bring your own veg/meat/seafood to BBQ. Once a month would be good!