What's new

Joe Yazbeck's new haircut

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Joe split COS when Bent set up an alternative church and was out for a few
years but later returned. He divorced Nancy back in the early 90s. Hope he
does well with his new company

Thanks. I was curious about that.

Do you know what happened with Roger Coy (drummer) and Loretta?

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
Frank Walker used to hold that post. Do you remember him?
(It's interesting to read how things changed after I left.)

BTW, when I 1st met Nancy she was a nurse (or some sort of health care worker).

Yep, Frank Walker and Rene (Ansert?) Walker.
Tall lanky black dude with a good looking (early goth) wife.
Rene was the (forget the post title at the moment) 2nd CS for most of her time that I was there with the exception of an amends or 2 and I think her earlier auditor time.
Frank moved on to Div 2 Reg for quite a while with Hamre, Billy Bud and Shortridge.

Quite a while... for me since I was there for about 2 years or 3 from public direct to staff.
I was off to OP-Z land for a couple of years, then at Flag for 2 or 3 years, then the Mission killing began and the WDC was slinging sh-- orders around and declaring people left and right.

I never liked Yaz.
He was almost always nasty to me.
I can remember a couple of times when he would come up to me out of the blue (and with no witnesses) and tell me something to cave me in.
He was convinced that I was blocking his comm lines and I was the who for every failure he could pin on me.
After a while of his B.S. that became true a couple of times.
There was only one time that his opinion actually got me in trouble, and after that he was just a 3rd party A_ _.

A 1.1, plastic personality snake oil salesman in my opinion.
It amazed me that he could do the intro lecture, sign up a couple of folks and then laugh at their issues when they left.
Just one of the first outpoints that I saw that made me question the SP tech.
How could an active SP be the first person introducing Scientology?
How could the people who worked around him not see it?
:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Your story bits are interesting. You did describe Frank and Rene pretty well.

Anyway, Rene Walker and Rene Ansert are 2 different people:
- Rene Walker's post was to reg people from the intro lecture to the Comm Course;
- Rene Ansert was an auditor (married to Rick Ansert who was in our SCN band).

Edit: Rene Ansert was my M1 auditor.

Last edited:

HCObringOrder?

Your story bits are interesting. You did describe Frank and Rene pretty well.

Anyway, Rene Walker and Rene Ansert are 2 different people:
- Rene Walker's post was to reg people from the intro lecture to the Comm Course;
- Rene Ansert was an auditor (married to Rick Ansert who was in our SCN band).

Edit: Rene Ansert was my M1 auditor.

I could remember the faces better than the names. :D
Ok, then Rene Ansert, I am thinking dark hair also, but shorter?
Frank seemed like an interesting character, but I did not have social skills then to get to know him (or many others) that well.

Riverside Mission Thread:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=353929#post353929

Scout

Patron
Bent at Ping Pong

I am amused to read all of these after nearly 30 years. I was staff at the sister mission in Honolulu that Bent took over. Proudly I can say I beat Bent soundly all those years ago at Ping Pong.

No he didnt have anything special but he was good and serious about it. He was a gracious loser though.

I do miss Bent and Mary and Frank and Rene. All those names in the threads above bring back many memeories. I have been so content to be disconnected I have lost all use of the lingo and I have a new life without Scn.

I never thought however that I might have been on staff in the golden years. They didnt always feel light golden years.

Thank you

HCObringOrder?

I am amused to read all of these after nearly 30 years. I was staff at the sister mission in Honolulu that Bent took over. Proudly I can say I beat Bent soundly all those years ago at Ping Pong.

No he didnt have anything special but he was good and serious about it. He was a gracious loser though.

I do miss Bent and Mary and Frank and Rene. All those names in the threads above bring back many memeories. I have been so content to be disconnected I have lost all use of the lingo and I have a new life without Scn.

I never thought however that I might have been on staff in the golden years. They didnt always feel light golden years.

Thank you

Hey, Ping Pong player!
Did you get sent to Riverside to train for a while??
:D

Scout

Patron
As heavy as he was it was suprising to see him move in basketball.
Hey, when did Bent take time for Ping Pong?
I remember when the first table showed up and my new friend from Hawaii showed me how to play one night, all night.
My friend was a transfer from the sister mission in Hawaii for auditor training and practice.
After that I was a bit of a dominator at the ping pong table there also.
I also learned Shaka-Bro then too.
I remember Bent and his Ping Pong Games. I only got to play him a few times. Bent brought me back from Hawaii but that didn't mean I would let him win. I do remember that wide almost sinister grin of his (his facial hair had something to do with it)

Reasonable

I'd like to say Joe is a dick.

I did some work for his wife (he hired me and was responsible for the bill). When I was done he tried not to pay me saying that helping his wife was helping her help Scientology so that he could give me a commondation instead of payment.

I hope he never gets out...

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I'd like to say Joe is a dick.

I did some work for his wife (he hired me and was responsible for the bill). When I was done he tried not to pay me saying that helping his wife was helping her help Scientology so that he could give me a commondation instead of payment.

I hope he never gets out...

I guess that I never knew Joe really well. I thought that I did way back then.
We got along pretty well in one of the two music bands at the Riverside Mission.
(I am not defending him as I never knew him outside staff work.)

Nancy was a medical worker (nurse?).

What work did you do for her? (Just curious.)

Scout

Patron
I remember when the first table showed up and my new friend from Hawaii showed me how to play one night, all night.
My friend was a transfer from the sister mission in Hawaii for auditor training and practice.

That might have been me- HCO bring order. I came over from Honolulu and I remember playing Ping Pong w Bent and I remember Yazbeck, Ruane, Kovach and Billy Budd and others. I probably have fonder memories than than the times deserve. From this safe distance they look fine. But its fun looking back. Funny what sticks out. I remember an estates div staff member that had a Motoguzzi motorcycle. I thought that was pretty cool.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
That might have been me- HCO bring order. I came over from Honolulu and I remember playing Ping Pong w Bent and I remember Yazbeck, Ruane, Kovach and Billy Budd and others. I probably have fonder memories than than the times deserve. From this safe distance they look fine. But its fun looking back. Funny what sticks out. I remember an estates div staff member that had a Motoguzzi motorcycle. I thought that was pretty cool.

At the time when I blew and went back to college:

Joe Yazbeck was the Intro Lecturer,
Jeff Kovak was a reg,
Bill Butler (aka "Billy Bud") was a reg.
Debbie Butler (Senior Comm Course sup) was Bill's wife,
Steve Rothchild was senior sup over HSDC,
Rodney Michaelson was an HSDC sup,
Rene Walker was the Intro Lecture reg,
Mary Corydon was senior C/S,
Rene Ansert was an auditor,
Darcy was an auditor...

I could add more but I'll stop here for now.

pineapple

At the time when I blew and went back to college:

Joe Yazbeck was the Intro Lecturer,
Jeff Kovak was a reg,
Bill Butler (aka "Billy Bud") was a reg.
Debbie Butler (Senior Comm Course sup) was Bill's wife,
Steve Rothchild was senior sup over HSDC,
Rodney Michaelson was an HSDC sup,
Rene Walker was the Intro Lecture reg,
Mary Corydon was senior C/S,
Rene Ansert was an auditor,
Darcy was an auditor...

I could add more but I'll stop here for now.

I remember all those people, though I don't think most of them would remember me.

Frank and Renee Walker came over to Hawaii. Frank was our ED and Renee was head of Div VI. I liked Frank a lot better than Renee. Frank eventually got comm-ev'ed at Hawaii Org. Renee got routed off staff.

When Renee got routed off, it was like LFBD->F/N. She was not well liked. I think you made your own comment about her in another thread, PG.

You still in New York. Brooklyn isn't it?
I replied to your PM, bro. :wink2:

pineapple

What were the supposed findings of that "kangaroo court" against Frank Walker?
(Just curious.)

P.S.: I say "kangaroo court" because that is what comm-ev's are usually known to be.
I don't remember the details at this point. I had to appear and answer questions. I remember trying to answer the questions honestly and be supportive of Frank at the same time.

I know comm ev's are reputed to be kangaroo courts, but that wasn't my impression at the time. This was the only one I ever had anything to do with. I don't know what I would think today. At the time it seemed like a fair proceeding.

I think that was the beginning of the end for Frank as ED, though. Sorry I can't recall the details more clearly.

Scout

Patron
That would be me...Your friend from Hawaii mission. So many years ago but I remember beating Bent on his table. But you know He was so gracious about it. Had that grin.
When they came after Bent that was for me the last straw....He had been an inspiration to many of us from Honolulu.