What's new

From Miss X - About Annie Broeker

Veda

Sponsor
Leon -

If the ideas and methods of the book, called, by Hubbard, 'The Brainwashing Manual' were subtracted from the subject of Scientology, would it still be the subject of Scientology? Or would it be a different subject?

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=2697

They cannot possibly be "subtracted" from Scientology because they were never ever a part of Scientology. They are part of that corrupt and oppressive subject practiced by the current Church of Scientology.

Perhaps if you subtracted it from that you might end up with something.

Everything described in the analysis of Hubbard's 'Brainwashing Manual' was in place by the mid 1970s, and is supported by Hubbard's own writings.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
That is non-sequitur.

LRH never claimed to be a Scientologist. The subject of Scientology is much bigger than he ever was and stands or falls independantly of him.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Free to shine

Thanks for the welcome

Here's a few for starters:
If you accepted a blood transfusion you were expelled from the congregation and no JW in the world was allowed to speak to you not even family members (who did not live with you)

If a person appeared unhappy at meetings etc, it was regarded as a deficiency in that person, that somewhere in his life he failed to apply spiritual knowledge, .Jehovah’s people are a happy people was the slogan printed in watchtowers.

If you missed meetings you were regarded as being spiritually weak and looked upon with suspicion by the congregation and often left out from social invitations.

You could not rise in the ranks if you did not perform well with regard to placing literature or making converts. This put enormous pressure on children of parents who wanted to see their kids do well in the organisation

Thanks Radar, the similarities are uncanny. Understanding why we allow these things is so interesting.

Though in the case of JWs many would have a direct family influence and connection I am assuming. There also is that in Scn, but not as much. I think quite a lot of later generations (I am one) end up leaving eventually, although it may take a long time - and those in the family that stay are a lot more fanatical.

Do keep posting! :)

Veda

Sponsor
That is non-sequitur.

LRH never claimed to be a Scientologist. The subject of Scientology is much bigger than he ever was and stands or falls independantly of him.

The analysis of the 'Brainwashing Manual', and its parallels with Scientology, is based on Hubbard's Scientology writings, and applications of those writings by him, and by others under his direction.

I'm not sure what Scientology is on your home planet; the Scientology I'm discussing is the one located on this planet.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=2697

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Clearly you choose to fixate on those portions of his writings which best serve your own aberrations.

Do you find that there is some value in this for yourself?

radar

Patron
Reading the posts in this thread I find many of you guys very analytical about what each other is saying. It seems to me as (an outsider) that this must be part of this scientology mindset and its definately (cult mentality). Listening to some of you is like hearing doctor spock speak or the response spock might give out of the starship enterprise. Some (Alan) even trying to adjust/audit others thinking with "superior knowledge" of the working science of scientology.
So many here speak with audit mentality (cult mentality) which as been part of your programming (which you treasure).
"Free to shine" is the only one here who as given me any sort of greeting, this is not normal in group dynamics is it? So what's happened with your scientology here then?

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Reading the posts in this thread I find many of you guys very analytical about what each other is saying. It seems to me as (an outsider) that this must be part of this scientology mindset and its definately (cult mentality). Listening to some of you is like hearing doctor spock speak or the response spock might give out of the starship enterprise. Some (Alan) even trying to adjust/audit others thinking with "superior knowledge" of the working science of scientology.
So many here speak with audit mentality (cult mentality) which as been part of your programming (which you treasure).
"Free to shine" is the only one here who as given me any sort of greeting, this is not normal in group dynamics is it? So what's happened with your scientology here then?

Throwing insults about in your first 24 hours is certain to secure you a warm welcome - is that part of your cult mentality? :eyeroll:

Most of the folks here are at varying stages of dealing with their Scn experiences and indoctrination. They demonstrate a lot of courage, intelligence and integrity. No-one is setting themselves up to be "the finished article".

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Uh OH! Lemme' correct that fast as a.. Wecome to the board Radar! (Is that 'inspired' by Radar from MASH?)

Hmm.. I was in a mind to answer your post.. But I'm afraid I can only figure to sit here snickering.. hehe..

:D

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Good question! :yes:
This board is made up of a lot of different levels of 'exes' and in fact some that are not exes at all. Hence the discussions of various aspects of the 'tech'.

You see when you think you are offered spiritual salvation on both a personal and global level by applying a specific set of practices, and those practices are of the technical kind, then they can often become the subject of "what happened?" when it all falls apart, rather than getting the bigger picture. Some of the tech does work in different forms for different people, even having left the "church". There is also the whole subject of the Freezone (Scientology delivered outside Scientology if that makes sense). So the sorting out goes on. I am not interesting in discussing the technology, but many are. :)

I think if you keep reading this board you will find just about every viewpoint you can think of. And it may be an idea to start a separate thread so that those who are interested in the similar experiences can zero in on that. It would be very interesting. :yes:

radar

Patron
Ok I'll shut up and move on. I didn't mean to insult anyone.:ohmy:
I just thought perhaps you needed someone normal like me to adjust your thinking:)
Finaly, Is there anyone here who would like to say something to Beth Stilo of the sea org. he just sent me another letter saying he can't find me in their files:wink2:
I can post your comments to him.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I just thought perhaps you needed someone normal like me to adjust your thinking:)
Finaly, Is there anyone here who would like to say something to Beth Stilo of the sea org. he just sent me another letter saying he can't find me in their files:wink2:

Not trying to push you away Radar - takes a while to settle in.
An outside viewpoint is always useful.
Hang around a while. :)

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Clearly you choose to fixate on those portions of his writings which best serve your own aberrations.

Do you find that there is some value in this for yourself?

It is part of the Scn cult mindset to invalidate others by implying they are dramatising "case". This is what LRH wanted to achieve when he set up his brainwashing cult. It stifles criticism and free-thinking.

Try applying the auditor's code to others' originations, Leon. See what happens.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron

Just catching up with these posts and I would like to welcome you Radar. Your comparisons with the JW cult are very enlightening and help us to think outside the Scn box. Thanks. Keep posting here.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Throwing insults about in your first 24 hours is certain to secure you a warm welcome - is that part of your cult mentality? :eyeroll:

Most of the folks here are at varying stages of dealing with their Scn experiences and indoctrination. They demonstrate a lot of courage, intelligence and integrity. No-one is setting themselves up to be "the finished article".

I didn't detect any "insults" in Radar's posts Tans. Criticism is not the same as insult. His posts seemed quite respectfully critical to me.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron

You could ask if one can be in the SO while thinking the Xenu story is fiction.

radar

Patron
Phewww, thanks guys, for a moment there I thought I'd become SP of the ex scientologists. By the way the JW equivalent to a SP is an Apostate. This is what I was labelled when I was kicked out of the JWs.
I'll try posting on another thread later as "free to shine" suggested.
lionheart I will ask the question
and..yes I liked the the MASH series.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Well, Radar... You hit something of a rubber nail there me thinks.. Scios are like that. They know all about the human mind and they 'psychoanalyse' the hell outta everybody...

I had a friend who married a girl who was excommunicated from JW.. many years ago... She still believed in armageddon, and all the rest. Took her many years to get over that.. She actually warned me about $cientology. She didn't know what it was, but judged from my inane ravings.

I was too stupid to listen...

:duh:

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I didn't detect any "insults" in Radar's posts Tans. Criticism is not the same as insult. His posts seemed quite respectfully critical to me.

:ohmy:
Okay LH. I've read it again and see it the same. I don't want to make an issue out of it, especially as Radar is "settling in", so I won't try to "prove" my point. There's always that initial period with a new member of getting to know their style. It took me a while to get to grok Alanzo and Zinj and I consider those guys buddies now.

Cheers

tanstaafl

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Phewww, thanks guys, for a moment there I thought I'd become SP of the ex scientologists. By the way the JW equivalent to a SP is an Apostate. This is what I was labelled when I was kicked out of the JWs.
I'll try posting on another thread later as "free to shine" suggested.
lionheart I will ask the question
and..yes I liked the the MASH series.

CoS likes the label apostate too, mostly in PR, where they are trying to look like a religion and not a business.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Beth Stilo is Glen Stilo's wife.

Paul

P.S. Whoops! Later edit: last I knew he was married to Anna. I don't know his relationship to Beth, if any.

Last edited: