What's new

I have a new opinion about ESMB

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's easily explained; one thread has "ESMB" in the title and the other has "Freezoners", which do you suppose would invite more attention?

:hysterical:

OMG and thank you. I needed a laugh after causing upset myself with my post about closing the sub forum :)blush: sorry Ems), wading through 37 pages of catch up posts to check I hadn't completely lost touch and going through every PM. (Thank you everyone who took their time to say their piece.)

Well, the PM's have died down and the overwhelming response was : "We don't need a sub forum, very few read it and if someone wanted to post a SSS they don't need a sub forum for it and besides, who's going to read it?"

There were many who applauded the closure :clap:.

Any more housekeeping Emma? I'm happy to help.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
:hysterical:

OMG and thank you. I needed a laugh after causing upset myself with my post about closing the sub forum :)blush: sorry Ems), wading through 37 pages of catch up posts to check I hadn't completely lost touch and going through every PM. (Thank you everyone who took their time to say their piece.)

Well, the PM's have died down and the overwhelming response was : "We don't need a sub forum, very few read it and if someone wanted to post a SSS they don't need a sub forum for it and besides, who's going to read it?"

There were many who applauded the closure :clap:.

Any more housekeeping Emma? I'm happy to help.

Well.....

There is this teensy tiny issue I've avoided for 4 years and that's that I'd like to ban Alanzo.

Do you think you could take care of that for me?

:giggle:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Well.....

There is this teensy tiny issue I've avoided for 4 years and that's that I'd like to ban Alanzo.

Not necessary. We all have him on Ignore.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This is so funny.

This is so so funny.

My agent says that I have offers from message boards and blogs all over the Internet to come and be there and post and post and post. They would love to have me.

I'll do it, you know.

I'll write an ESMB make-wrong post and leave in a big huff like Geir and Dexter.

Just keep it up.

Just keep it up.

Well.....

Need him for a general whipping boy. That's something on which we can all agree.

Mark A. Baker

Hatshepsut

Crusader
You have to post pictures of tits.

Yes, it seems to be something with universal appeal. :unsure:

barbie_shes_got_some_nice_tits_demotivational_poster_Random_awesome_pictures_about_boobs_and_hot_chicks-s352x440-16300-580-1.jpg

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is so funny.

This is so so funny.

My agent says that I have offers from message boards and blogs all over the Internet to come and be there and post and post and post. They would love to have me.

I'll do it, you know.

I'll write an ESMB make-wrong post and leave in a big huff like Geir and Dexter.

Just keep it up.

Just keep it up.

Gee who's your agent, Scott Boras?
We've heard this kind of tactic before. Wait him out and he'll be happy with 3 years, 10 million.
Stars, that is.

It seemed pretty clear to me that prior to ESMB there were more ex
CO$ coming to FZ forums than there were new critics arriving to the net.
However by creating a forum that had some measure of keeping things civilized a far greater number of critics were forthcoming. OCMB and ARS
were pretty rough places where many it seems did not want to post even if they lurked. In comparison ESMB has encouraged many more to actively participate. Also in these last few years numbers of people leaving COS
have accelerated
. Note that the more, shall we say indoctrinated, scientologists consider this place a waiting room for hell. This in particular being an opinion of those on Marty's blog. I've challenged that view from time to time there. You seemed to have taken a very good balance in how you have moderated, and ESMB has been thus a great success and socially very beneficial.

[snip]

Amen to that, Terrill. I was one of those who lurked and read briefly there without posting. Just wasn't my kind of atmosphere. I have learned and been helped a lot by being on ESMB. It's been, with few exceptions, a very enjoyable and worthwhile experience to discuss and play with all the folks here.

Dexy, good to hear from you again, as it's always good to hear from you! :thumbsup:

I understand your feelings about auditing. That's how I feel about my profession, too. It's a calling. :happydance:

Maybe the reason I don't know what the hell is going on, is because I never read the fz sucess stories thread. I never cared to do that . . . That is a big hole for me . . . :eyeroll:

Well, it's not too late Lurkey, it's still there to read, dip into it! :) EDIT- Oh, you did. Never mind! :blush:

I like the idea of a general "wins" thread, where everyone can post their successes. Might be encouraging in general without being advertizey in any way. :)

Human Again

Well, it's not too late Lurkey, it's still there to read, dip into it! :) EDIT- Oh, you did. Never mind! :blush:

I like the idea of a general "wins" thread, where everyone can post their successes. Might be encouraging in general without being advertizey in any way. :)

Mmm, I like this too, good way to show that there are other things where people get the sort of gains that one might have expected from Scientology.

You know me, always promoting the outside world, psychiatry, psychology, other practices, medications, science and... oops... Oh no the ethics officer is after me again!!!!

:nervous:

RogerB

Crusader
An Observtion

Something nice to have observed happening on this thread.

The two guys, and very decent guys they are, that the "rants" referred to here emanated from stayed friends and respectful of each other.

What class acts they are. Even in moments of upset they could still honor each other, see what was right, and work to put things back on an even keel together.

Nice!

Thank you, Emma and Dexter.

Rog

Human Again

Something nice to have observed happening on this thread.

The two guys, and very decent guys they are, that the "rants" referred to here emanated from stayed friends and respectful of each other.

What class acts they are. Even in moments of upset they could still honor each other, see what was right, and work to put things back on an even keel together.

Nice!

Thank you, Emma and Dexter.

Rog

Hear Hear!