What's new

Nan McLean's story.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks for posting this, Sharone.
It's long to listen to but worth it.
Right up there with Paulette Cooper's story.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I suppose Cat Daddy/Anonkat could, but, he's already in trouble for criticizing Keeping Scientology Working :)

Zinj

Div6

Crusader
Can someone post the time stamp of the relevant segment.....its a bit tl\dr for me right now.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Can someone post the time stamp of the relevant segment.....its a bit tl\dr for me right now.

The part about the death of Walt Curry(sp?) is fairly early. Just following the part about the murder plot against Nan. (in Part 2)

Zinj

apple

Patron Meritorious
Allen Colson aka Keith Summerfield (40:13). Ive met Allen years ago before he went to the GO. I didnt know much about Scn then but Allen at that time seemed fine. Then he went to the GO and changed. So thats what happened to him. Seems with all the decent people that I knew that were involved in Scn as soon as they went into the GO they changed to a secretive, unfriendly, suspicious, unapproachable, evil persons.

Last edited:

Nan

Reply to Apple

Hi Apple,

It would seem that we should know each other, or know of each other at the very least. Alan was at the Toronto Org.

I would like to indicate in addition to your comment about the change in personality as a result of the GO training, I have also observed that people who went to the ship for their training would return as Hubbard clones. They were obnoxious, unapproachable, sometimes violent and downright mean spirited people, nothing like their former selves. Not only was it GO training but exposure to Hubbard himself.

Happy New Year,

Best,

Nan

Sindy

Crusader
Hi Nan! How exciting. :happydance: I watched your first video this morning. Fascinating!!! Thank you SO much for what you are doing, digging up all that past nonsense to do the right thing. xoxoxo

You sound very articulate and intelligent. That video was well made and you seem sharp as a tack. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you. :bighug:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Hi Apple,

It would seem that we should know each other, or know of each other at the very least. Alan was at the Toronto Org.

I would like to indicate in addition to your comment about the change in personality as a result of the GO training, I have also observed that people who went to the ship for their training would return as Hubbard clones. They were obnoxious, unapproachable, sometimes violent and downright mean spirited people, nothing like their former selves. Not only was it GO training but exposure to Hubbard himself.

Happy New Year,

Best,

Nan

Welcome Nan, I'm going to watch the videos now. :)

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Nan. Great to have you here:happydance:

Nan did you know Scott and Jackie Charmicheal , Hilairie Rockl who were in the GO in the 70's? Not exactly sure about the spellings. Murder always comes to mind when I think of Scott's and Jackie's deaths. I was told it was by car accident. I have zero evidence, only a gut feeling from the day I heard of it.

And SweetnessandLight Yes, I was coaxed into Lying about a job, with a public scientologist, that I didn't have, in order to apply for a loan. This was spring 1974. Didn't get the loan.

Thank you Choicey, for sharing that...I think there is a clear pattern and practice of financial fraud going back for decades, to enable people to pay for Scientology services that they could not otherwise afford. We need a credit data analyst to do some data mining to establish a relationship between Scientology purchases and defaults. I wish we could compile enough evidence of this type of loan fraud and other financial fraud to benefit COS so that the Feds could sink their teeth into it. The current atmosphere in government is ripe for pursing this.

The real estate value of INT Base alone is a little over 104 million, owned by Building Management Services. The property tax rate in Riverside County is 1.5 %, so INT Base, which is overwhelmingly exempt due to being a church (which it's not) is losing the County roughly a MILLION and HALF dollars from it's tax base annually. That money could be put to very good use to benefit all.

I do hope to see the COS held accountable for all of it's crimes, financial and otherwise. :thumbsup:

Welcome Nan!!!

Nan, bless your heart, Welcome Aboard! :happydance:

I'm so glad that you decided to join us here! What you have shared on your interviews is very valuable, and I want to thank you for your courage in doing what you are doing.

I'm sorry for the hell that Scientologists have put you and your family through. In the end COS boils down to a bunch of individuals who are choosing to act in unethical and illegal ways for their own benefit. More and more are waking up and getting out, thanks to the stories shared by you and other Exes here and elsewhere.

I feel confident that you have many more stories to tell us of your time in, and after, and we love to hear stories here!

Hence the popcorn smilie!! Ta Dah: :drama: If somebody gives you that, you know it means they are interested and are eagerly paying attention to what you are posting! :thumbsup:

Welcome, welcome, you wonderful woman!!! I'm so glad you are here! :happydance:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Hi Apple,

Happy New Year,

Best,

Nan

Nan I watched the videos...Oh my goodness. This is a story I had not heard and it is appalling. I am no stranger to GO tactics and what they are capable of...the thing here is that they have gone after you for SO long...on and on and on. It defies belief, yet it is true of what has happened and does happen. It made me cry...your pain...and the thought of so many people affected because of some stupid "solution" to the problem of the truth getting out. I admire your courage and persistence and for still speaking out when you have more than enough reasons not to do so.

You are a legend and I am so glad you are here! I hope you enjoy and join in some of the discussions here, especially about the GO/OSA.

:thankyou::welcome: