What's new

WARNING: This Scientologist Staff Member Works Actively on Scientology Disconnection

2555ez

I apologize profusely for resurrecting a six month old thread, but this woman Ruth Bowen has recently become intimately involved with a family member of mine, and I am very worried.

From what I hear she is very charming and friendly, and manipulative like no other. She has already moved in with this family member and is attempting to start a business with him, using his money, and having him named on the registration.

I know FF had some information about her activities. If anyone else knows anything about her, please don't hesitate to email me or send me a PM. Additionally, FF hasn't posted since September 18th, so if anyone has FF's contact information, please send it to me, or have FF contact me directly.

Thank you very much for your attention. This has me really freaked out.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I apologize profusely for resurrecting a six month old thread, but this woman Ruth Bowen has recently become intimately involved with a family member of mine, and I am very worried.

From what I hear she is very charming and friendly, and manipulative like no other. She has already moved in with this family member and is attempting to start a business with him, using his money, and having him named on the registration.

I know FF had some information about her activities. If anyone else knows anything about her, please don't hesitate to email me or send me a PM. Additionally, FF hasn't posted since September 18th, so if anyone has FF's contact information, please send it to me, or have FF contact me directly.

First of all, welcome to ESMB, 2555ez!

If you click on Finally Free's avatar you will get her profile. Then click on "Contact Information" and then "email". You won't be able to see her email address but it will be sent to her with your email addy to reply to.

Good luck handling your family member. Unfortunately, men are vulnerable to "charming" women. It can be painful to watch.

2555ez

Thank you very much for your reply. I think because I still had 0 posts, I was unable to use the options to email that you mentioned. The system has updated though, and I can now email FF.

It is a fact that older, lonely guys are suckered more easily into doing things against their better judgment when they see a younger, pretty face. Unfortunate.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: WARNING: This Scientologist Staff Member Works Actively on Scientology Disconnect

Can you please post the docs or upload the docs and provide a link? This is very important.

/

Let me ask the person who the messages were sent to. I can even have my Mom post here if you'd like to give her first hand account of exactly what has been to said to my Mom about me - *if* she was willing to. My family feels very strongly about disconnection, we have a lot to say about it. We are also one of the few who has not lost a family member yet to disconnection.

Not a lot of families out there can say that. I am extremely proud of every single one of my immediate family members. They are each, in their own right, extremely bad-ass.

One small update: yes, I am still considered the big bad SP of my family - GOD I wish I could get *that* in writing!! And yes - each one of my family members credits ME with their departure. So yeah - I'm the rockstar lmao!! and suck it OSA and Ruth Bowen. Haha!

but the real good news:
my parents each received their refunds from Flag!!! every dime including the money my Mom still had on account for hotel accommodations. Thanks to Kathy Cochran's thread here and her sample letters (which my Mom followed to the "T") they happily received all the money they had remaining on account. I know there is a difference between refunds and repayments. Neither of my parents felt it right to get money back for services rendered. I never judge a persons choices. My Mom and Dad did what they knew to be right and I respect them immensely for that.

And I'd like to say something here: there is a distinct difference in how my Parents, my Brother and even my Sister view scientology to this day. Even up to which blogs we read and which ex or anti scientology sites we frequent - BUT GUESS WHAT? We respect each others views and GUESS WHAT??? We don't ever have to disconnect from each other over it. EVER. We can talk, we can agree to disagree. But the best part: we can talk about it like informed, mature adults who love and respect each other. I love my family you guys, everyone should have it this way. It's what I want for the rest of you - what my family wants for anyone who lost someone over scientology.

I need to get my Mom to post those letters. She's so awesome, you guys will love her letters. Let me see if she will. I know if I ask her and tell her it's important she will write up what happened - which I will do immediately after posting this.

We have a group coming out letter we have been working on for some months now. If one of us comes out, the others will be exposed and so we thought it best that since we left as a family (and this always makes me cry, which I am doing as I write this) we should "come out" as a family. I did my portion, my sister hers and now it's on my Mom so I need to bug her about that as well :thumbsup:

It's important. scientology, david miscavige, OSA and yes even Ruth Bowen: you did not break up this family. Not this one, not ever. and you can all kiss my ass. Pucker up Butter Cup.

Anyways, I came back because my Mom found a post here of someone looking for me so I am off to find that post and send that person a message if they are still interested. See??? My Mom's even fighting the good fight now. I'm just so damn proud of her!

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: WARNING: This Scientologist Staff Member Works Actively on Scientology Disconnect

Not to derail this thread, but I recall a Cliff Bowen from when the IAS was first launched, and he was a leading reg for the IAS back then.

Is he a relative?

Dunno, I never met a Cliff Bowen.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron

And... the reason I popped in here. My Mom actually found your post and insisted I contact you. I did not see an e-mail from you so I just PM'ed you separately. Let me know if you are still around. I am sorry I missed you - I took some time off from most everything to do with scientology for a bit.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

FinallyFree,
Thanks for the update. I found your stories on this board about what was going on with your family very inspiring. Miss you! :yes:

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron

Awwwww! :blush: Thank you Type4_PTS! It was a nice break though... I sent my requests off to my Mom tonight, so we'll see what she says and maybe you'll hear more. Things are very, very good and I am always happy to share that with you guys!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

And I'd like to say something here: there is a distinct difference in how my Parents, my Brother and even my Sister view scientology to this day. Even up to which blogs we read and which ex or anti scientology sites we frequent - BUT GUESS WHAT? We respect each others views and GUESS WHAT??? We don't ever have to disconnect from each other over it. EVER. We can talk, we can agree to disagree. But the best part: we can talk about it like informed, mature adults who love and respect each other. I love my family you guys, everyone should have it this way. It's what I want for the rest of you - what my family wants for anyone who lost someone over scientology.

I sooo want that for my family.
Successful tips welcome. :)

2555ez

Well, here I go necro-ing a thread again. I posted almost two years ago, while FF was on a break. FF came looking for me 10 months later, when I had long since forgot about this post.

I checked today to see FF posted in reply to me, but it was over a year old. So, I've sent a private letter, and do apologize for Resurrection a dead thread, but just in case FF doesn't frequent the boards anymore, I hope someone might be able to get in contact for me.

Thank you all very much.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Well, here I go necro-ing a thread again. I posted almost two years ago, while FF was on a break. FF came looking for me 10 months later, when I had long since forgot about this post.

I checked today to see FF posted in reply to me, but it was over a year old. So, I've sent a private letter, and do apologize for Resurrection a dead thread, but just in case FF doesn't frequent the boards anymore, I hope someone might be able to get in contact for me.

Thank you all very much.

I looked around and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ruth is one of the people who have quietly left the church but still likes the Hubbard baloney.

While she may have been suckered back in to join staff ( many of us fell for this) she hasn't done a major service in Scientology since 2002
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/r/ruth-bowen.html

The Seattle Org is pretty much dead and from Ruth's facebook, she's not showing any scientologists as friends. She only has one scientology front group on her friend list (CCHR) and none in her likes. Here only 2012 LIKE is for the spa place manages. Normally scientologists have lots of other scientologists on their facebooks but she has NONE. I noticed that all the other Seattle staff with facebooks don't have her added as a friend. That's a flag of sorts. She became a grandmother last year or so and maybe she decided that blood is thicker than water --- Who knows. No mention of her husband Bill but he's in a couple of her photos, one comment of her's being 'amor'. So, I guess they are still together. But he doesn't seem to have facebook. You can see her friend list and her profile and photos here. Maybe your friend is on her friend list?
https://www.facebook.com/ruth.bowen.524

She also is the manager of this new place called Downtown Bodyworks, beginning in 2012:

Ruth Bowen
Manager, Downtown Bodyworks, LLC
Seattle, Washington (Greater Seattle Area)
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ruth-bowen/49/a4a/a0

This is from her facebook page. Notce the Scientology books and tapes in the background? That is not uncommon when people leave the organization. Still, she could very well still be in and on staff at the Ideal Org.
226565_101715023253873_2782801_n.jpg

Try asking Tory Christman aka Magoo about her. Here is her ESMB profile link.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/member.php?3203-Magoo
You can PM her from there. Looks like Tory might have an idea of what Ruth Bowen is up to since she was ripped off by this woman for a good sum of money:

Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:25:38 -0800
Local: Wed, Feb 1 2006 2:25 am
Subject: W.I.S.E's Bill and Ruth Bowen: Where's the $150,000 owed?
Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
If you know Bill and Ruth Bowen, take heed:

They ripped off my now x-husband and his partner for a total
of $150,000 that it was found that they owed, in a W.I.S.E
arbitration.

What we didn't know is that one can pay off the "Church" <spit!>
of Scientology Executives, and the NIGHT it was decided that Bowen owed that
money, guess what happened?

The ENTIRE Policy written about "Arbitrations" was
cancelled! (You might ask, "why Bowens?" Well, if you go to Flag,
you'll see Bill and Ruth Bowen --at least at that time--were the second
biggest donators of $$$)

For those of you lurking, hearing OSA's Black PR on me and others,
what do you say to that?

Oh....it was just.....................

Quit lying to yourselves and WAKE THE F*** UP!

And Bowen, IF you're reading this: I not only want the money
paid to myself and my now X-Husband, and his partner and now
x-wife, but I also want my Grandparents China Back! Shame on both of you.

WISE is a gigantic hole of nothing: If they're trying to suck you in: KEEP
READING.
--
Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the moonlight~
In Scientology for 30 years, out happily for 5 years!
For thinking and speaking my mind, Scientology declared me
a 'suppressive person' and expelled me from their so called 'church'
Free at LAST!
http://www.xenu.net, www.xenutv.com
http://www.torymagoo.org, www.altreligionscientology.net
http://www.lermanet.com/cos/toryonosa.htm

"Those that give up essential liberty
to purchase a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin

(Note: Original can be found here:
https://groups.google.com/group/alt...thread/18786df8585d0bfb?hl=en&noredirect=true )

(Note: More from Tory on what happened can be found here:
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=9700&sid=5343397485a03bc7c5b9990f56e1f0a1#p9700 )

Bowen owns a home in Seattle. You can find it on this list here. She got it from her father, I believe. The last name is the same as some of her friends on her facebook
http://www.city-data.com/king-county/N/NW-65th-Street-5.html

If you think the man is being taken advantage of and is elderly, you can ask that county Adult Protective Services to check up on him, to make sure he's able to make his own decisions, care for himself and not be being ripped off.

I hope this helps.

Mary

PTS

Elliott

Boasting about her donations, how louche.

MikeArsenault

I apologize in advance for being another person who has resurrected a thread, but I wanted to add some info. I used to work for Bill and Ruth back in 2000/2001, and I kept in touch with Bill quite a bit over the subsequent years. Bill Bowen passed away in 2010. He apparently had been working on a documentary, and had gotten it to the "show footage on YouTube" stage before passing away.

Here is how I found out:

http://www.examiner.com/cps-and-fami...f-heart-attack

Here was the movie he was making:

http://www.youtube.com/user/InnocenceDestroyed

So to the others here that knew him, at least now you know if you didn't already. Also, he and Ruth had split up about a year before he passed away from what I understand, and Bill had turned his back on Scientology altogether. They had completely left California in 2007/08 for Portland/Seattle. I think at one point TRT was running on life support being held together by their friend Wendy using a few Excel sheets and a lot of moxie, but I have no idea if it is still a thing or not. Bill wrote a few books ("Radio Silence FDNY" - http://radiosilencefdny.com/ - I helped him make the site) and made a few movies ("A Message From Home" and a tribute movie to firefighters - I have both on VHS at home). Reading back through all of this, it was obvious to me that Ruth took the religion more seriously than Bill did. Bill was the guy who would insist on going on a Krispy Kreme run at 10pm to a location 90 mins away from his Thurber house. He was always laid back about it. I would be interested to hear what Ruth and Jennifer have been up to. Anyways, by way of introduction: hello, my name is Mike!

Purple Rain

Crusader

I apologize in advance for being another person who has resurrected a thread, but I wanted to add some info. I used to work for Bill and Ruth back in 2000/2001, and I kept in touch with Bill quite a bit over the subsequent years. Bill Bowen passed away in 2010. He apparently had been working on a documentary, and had gotten it to the "show footage on YouTube" stage before passing away.

Here is how I found out:

http://www.examiner.com/cps-and-fami...f-heart-attack

Here was the movie he was making:

http://www.youtube.com/user/InnocenceDestroyed

So to the others here that knew him, at least now you know if you didn't already. Also, he and Ruth had split up about a year before he passed away from what I understand, and Bill had turned his back on Scientology altogether. They had completely left California in 2007/08 for Portland/Seattle. I think at one point TRT was running on life support being held together by their friend Wendy using a few Excel sheets and a lot of moxie, but I have no idea if it is still a thing or not. Bill wrote a few books ("Radio Silence FDNY" - http://radiosilencefdny.com/ - I helped him make the site) and made a few movies ("A Message From Home" and a tribute movie to firefighters - I have both on VHS at home). Reading back through all of this, it was obvious to me that Ruth took the religion more seriously than Bill did. Bill was the guy who would insist on going on a Krispy Kreme run at 10pm to a location 90 mins away from his Thurber house. He was always laid back about it. I would be interested to hear what Ruth and Jennifer have been up to. Anyways, by way of introduction: hello, my name is Mike!

Hello, Mike!

:)

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron

omg... I once worked for the Bowens. That company was batshit insane. Seriously, it was very similar to working for the cult itself. They alienated the hell out of their clients. I was working remotely, and on a day that I was not in a particular office, my 'senior' came in and went through my entire desk to do an 'inspection'--from what I heard, she was pulling everything out of all the drawers and just acting nutzoid. Having been in the cult, it was normal to me, but the clients seriously went WTF? I was told that I was valued, but they thought that there was something very odd about the company--one of our clients dumped us, and I left before my other major client did. Liberating as hell to get out of there. Wow. Hadn't thought about them in years. There's a whole other stack of stories just in working for them...

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I think Anonymous could have a field day with this chick and her working with the "Church".

(testing the pic, hope it uploads.)

Ruth Bowen: When you state that the staff has only ONE PURPOSE - Clearing the Planet

Ruth - you have no idea what that means....so let us help you.

Clearing in Scientology means - people cleared of any money, family or lives

Sounds like you already working on clearing the "family". So very well done.

now this phrase "One purpose" - Ruth - you will soon find out that the only purpose is COB'S purpose and soon you will discover that it is for you to - make money, make lots of money and make people make lots of money.

OH, and worship COB and praise all of his stupid programs that drive the Cult into the ground. No matter what you hear out here Ruth - your mind is ready to shift to dimensions never seen before by man!! You are going to have to accept everything now and never question!!

And by signing that Staff contract Ruth - you will not get paid, you will work all the time, you will not have a life and you will never hear a thank you. You have just signed your rights away to the devil.

If you are breaking up families - when you leave - and you will - it just may come back to you...hope you aren't getting your kids in the Sea Org!

Please - Get back to us in a month, will you,?

Do let us know how that team thing is going too!! :no:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

Bill Bowen passed away in 2010. He apparently had been working on a documentary, and had gotten it to the "show footage on YouTube" stage before passing away.

He even posted three parts of this discussable documentation with the title "Innocence Destroyed":

[video=youtube;48YF1uEuCUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48YF1uEuCUA[/video]

[video=youtube;vhGz5NEPoGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhGz5NEPoGs[/video]

[video=youtube;Ih0D85vhY-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0D85vhY-M[/video]

Why didn´t he make a documentation about Lisa McPherson ?