What's new

The Little Thread Which Grew - the Apollo '73 to Everything But

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she would win a trip to Hawaii! :confused2: :D

Congrats!!!

Not only was it the ten thousandth post, but it was at the bottom of the 1000th page! Some kind of cosmic balancing act there.

On a current topic here-
I don't think we need to define all the boards as being pro or anti anything, and the more the merrier, so far as I am concerned, if they get people talking to one another and sharing what they know...frankly, they are all squirrel boards if they are not official COS sites. Let's all be happy squirrels together as we go our various ways in life. :thumbsup: :hamster:

Emma, I can verify that when you first announced that you were planning to retire as Administrator and close down ESMB, many other members (and not just Free Zoner types) started looking elsewhere for various kinds of other options to talk with one another...including starting or joining other boards/blogs. I don't see this latest start-up as a reaction to anything that has happened here lately at all. It was already being created. :)

Last edited:

lkwdblds

Crusader
You deserve to be Miss 10K!! You are the greatest!

...The honor is mine mine mine mine all mine!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hey, Glamour Guy, :D I mean Gary. I got it! I've stolen the honor of being poster # 10,000 to the Apollo thread like you suggested earlier. :clap:

Ah, Miss 10K, you deserve the honor, especially for calling me "Glamour Guy". My Aunt wore a T-shirt when she was in her 80's which said on it, "Sexy Senior Citizen". I know that you are on Facebook, Hats, so you saw that picture of me with Candy and my ex taken just 2 nights ago. By the way, I don't know if you clicked on that photo but if you do, there are other photos of Candy and my ex plus other photos containing Johnny the Magic Thetan.

10,000 is a major milestone to hit in views but we have now hit it in replies! Also we hit 1,000 in pages as well which means that each page averages out almost exactly to having 10 posts. Also, a few minutes ago we had 11 members and 16 non members viewing the thread at the same time, 27 total at one time which is the highest I have ever seen for us.
Gary aka Glamour Guy, Mr 3G for short

Ah, Miss 10K, you deserve the honor, especially for calling me "Glamour Guy". My Aunt wore a T-shirt when she was in her 80's which said on it, "Sexy Senior Citizen". I know that you are on Facebook, Hats, so you saw that picture of me with Candy and my ex taken just 2 nights ago. By the way, I don't know if you clicked on that photo but if you do, there are other photos of Candy and my ex plus other photos containing Johnny the Magic Thetan.

10,000 is a major milestone to hit in views but we have now hit it in replies! Also we hit 1,000 in pages as well which means that each page averages out almost exactly to having 10 posts. Also, a few minutes ago we had 11 members and 16 non members viewing the thread at the same time, 27 total at one time which is the highest I have ever seen for us.
Gary aka Glamour Guy, Mr 3G for short

As Yogi Berra said about a restaurant, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Hatshepsut

Crusader
next, I'd like to dedicate the next song to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRJ38y4Jn6k

:D

It's not over until the fat lady sings!

kermit-the-frogll.jpg
____
4134580797_9e25367622.jpg

Hey 3G, I think post 10,000 is actually at the bottom of page 500. :unsure:

But I am off to check your facebook pics!! :happydance:

Last edited:
A coming b day party

Phil Spickler is going to be 80 on March 6, a Sunday.

My wife and I are going to throw a happy 2 you party. Not sure yet whether Saturday or Sunday or where. Probably in a faculty meeting room on the Stanford campus. Everybody is invited. It doesn't matter if you are friends or never met. This is going to be a party.

Arrange your schedules. If anyone knows some good entertainment, please offer suggestions. I was thinking of bringing the young man, who played the ragtime at Aida's post Freezone Convention party.

another pro $ci post

Tod's founder to restore Rome's Colosseum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpoKdPNM10M&feature=related

AP Friday, Jan. 21, 2011. The founder of Tod's luxury leather and footwear …
– Fri Jan 21, 1:34 pm ET

ROME – The founder of Tod's luxury leather goods and shoes announced Friday that he will foot the ?25 million ($34 million) to restore the Colosseum.

The ancient Roman arena is blackened by pollution and rocked by vibrations from a nearby subway line.

Officials accepted Diego Della Valle's offer to sponsor the restoration. But Della Valle said he expected other entrepreneurs to also step in to help out as the project gets under way.

"A monument that represents Italy in the world must be restored, and a company that represents Made in Italy stepped forward to say, `If you need us, we are here,'" Della Valle told a press conference.

Work is expected to begin at the end of the year, after contract bids are closed, and will take up to two and a half years. The monument will remain open to tourists during the restoration.

"It is the end of a nightmare," Rome Mayor Gianni Alemanno said.

Italy is chronically short of funds to maintain, protect and clean Italy's artistic and archaeological heritage. The private sector, from energy companies to banks to mattress manufacturers, have sometimes lent a hand by sponsoring high-profile restorations for prestige and goodwill.

A few months ago, some chunks of mortar fell off the Colosseum before the monument was opened to tourists. No one was injured.

lkwdblds

Crusader
I know I am vain, please go easy on me!

There's only one word for you Gary, and that is V-A-I-N.

LOL. Go and look at the Tone Scale. Somewhere on it you'll find something that reads "Needing approval from bodies". That's you. Do something about it.

Leon, I agree with you that I am vain and have a lot of attention on bodies. The only thing I might disagree with is that there is only "One Word" for me. I have a spiritual side to me as well and I spend much more time addressing that side of life than I do messing around with bodies - at least I believe that to be true.

I don't know, when I was a kid, I thought of old people as boring and out of touch and I did not know how I would react when I got old. I am sure many of you have had similar thoughts, no? I also thought one's mind grew old commensurate with one's body and this is just not the case for me and others whom I know. Take Candy, her energy level and zest for living is out the roof, just on a different plane than mine, which is pretty high.

We have these child like minds and attitudes and yet our bodies have clocked a lot of mileage. Its sort of a game to try and preserve a youthful appearance to go with a youthful mindset and attitude. When you can pull that off, there is a sense of winning, like winning a game of chess or playing on a winning team.

Having foxy beautiful sexy women in their 30's ogling me when I am 71 is something that causes the juices to flow. I just like it, I don't care if it is aberrated, its just fun.

For me, women were still attracted to me and I made eye contact in the stores, restaurants, bars, etc up until I was 53. After that, women just ignored me or looked right through me from 54 through 70. Somewhere around last August, I changed my viewpoints about life and reaaranged the energy fields around my body, dressed better and did my hair better and suddenly I am making eye contact again. My ex, Evy tried to get me to do that for years and I ignored her. Since August, Edey and then Candy as well have encouraged me to dress better, groom better, have better posture, etc. and now women are looking at me with lust when I am 71. It is really very exciting. It is vain, but then vainness of this type is just a game with me, a game just played lightly for fun.

I will tell you this, the day women look right through me like I don't exist and I lose interest in the bodies and psyche's of sexy women will be the day that I drop this body and move on to pick up a new one. I can't conceive of living life without having that interest as a motivating force.
Gary

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I got to thinking about the Apollo Thread last night…about what was wrong with it…about what needed to be done to make it better.

Once I got into thinking about, I couldn’t stop…barely slept a wink.

I spent the better part of today organizing all the thoughts I had during that sleepless night of pondering all the faults of this thread and all the wrong things that folks shouldn’t have said in the near 10,000 posts that been made, all of which I have read.

Here’s my draft list faults in the Apollo thread and the names of posters and post numbers that were wrong for posting what the did:

Face:)

Leon, I agree with you that I am vain and have a lot of attention on bodies. The only thing I might disagree with is that there is only "One Word" for me. I have a spiritual side to me as well and I spend much more time addressing that side of life than I do messing around with bodies - at least I believe that to be true.

I don't know, when I was a kid, I thought of old people as boring and out of touch and I did not know how I would react when I got old. I am sure many of you have had similar thoughts, no? I also thought one's mind grew old commensurate with one's body and this is just not the case for me and others whom I know. Take Candy, her energy level and zest for living is out the roof, just on a different plane than mine, which is pretty high.

We have these child like minds and attitudes and yet our bodies have clocked a lot of mileage. Its sort of a game to try and preserve a youthful appearance to go with a youthful mindset and attitude. When you can pull that off, there is a sense of winning, like winning a game of chess or playing on a winning team.

Having foxy beautiful sexy women in their 30's ogling me when I am 71 is something that causes the juices to flow. I just like it, I don't care if it is aberrated, its just fun.

For me, women were still attracted to me and I made eye contact in the stores, restaurants, bars, etc up until I was 53. After that, women just ignored me or looked right through me from 54 through 70. Somewhere around last August, I changed my viewpoints about life and reaaranged the energy fields around my body, dressed better and did my hair better and suddenly I am making eye contact again. My ex, Evy tried to get me to do that for years and I ignored her. Since August, Edey and then Candy as well have encouraged me to dress better, groom better, have better posture, etc. and now women are looking at me with lust when I am 71. It is really very exciting. It is vain, but then vainness of this type is just a game with me, a game just played lightly for fun.

I will tell you this, the day women look right through me like I don't exist and I lose interest in the bodies and psyche's of sexy women will be the day that I drop this body and move on to pick up a new one. I can't conceive of living life without having that interest as a motivating force.
Gary
a living testimonial to good living

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fMWvJRNGqE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMpmdJMvC7Q&feature=related

Last edited:

lkwdblds

Crusader
What an unforgetable chariot race!!!!!

Tod's founder to restore Rome's Colosseum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpoKdPNM10M&feature=related

AP Friday, Jan. 21, 2011. The founder of Tod's luxury leather and footwear …
– Fri Jan 21, 1:34 pm ET

ROME – The founder of Tod's luxury leather goods and shoes announced Friday that he will foot the ?25 million ($34 million) to restore the Colosseum.

The ancient Roman arena is blackened by pollution and rocked by vibrations from a nearby subway line.

Officials accepted Diego Della Valle's offer to sponsor the restoration. But Della Valle said he expected other entrepreneurs to also step in to help out as the project gets under way.

"A monument that represents Italy in the world must be restored, and a company that represents Made in Italy stepped forward to say, `If you need us, we are here,'" Della Valle told a press conference.

Work is expected to begin at the end of the year, after contract bids are closed, and will take up to two and a half years. The monument will remain open to tourists during the restoration.

"It is the end of a nightmare," Rome Mayor Gianni Alemanno said.

Italy is chronically short of funds to maintain, protect and clean Italy's artistic and archaeological heritage. The private sector, from energy companies to banks to mattress manufacturers, have sometimes lent a hand by sponsoring high-profile restorations for prestige and goodwill.

A few months ago, some chunks of mortar fell off the Colosseum before the monument was opened to tourists. No one was injured.

How unforgetable was that chariot race!! The driver of the Roman Chariot with the black horses and the cutting spikes on the axles was Steven Boyd who was an early Scientologist and who was connected to CCLA. By the time I got to CCLA as staff in late 1971, he was no longer active in the C of S but in June of 1970, he was the narrator of the intro film shown at my intro lecture.
Lakey

I got to thinking about the Apollo Thread last night…about what was wrong with it…about what needed to be done to make it better.

Once I got into thinking about, I couldn’t stop…barely slept a wink.

I spent the better part of today organizing all the thoughts I had during that sleepless night of pondering all the faults of this thread and all the wrong things that folks shouldn’t have said in the near 10,000 posts that been made, all of which I have read.

Here’s my draft list faults in the Apollo thread and the names of posters and post numbers that were wrong for posting what the did:

Face:)

that was beautiful. thank you. My mother thanks you. My father thanks you.

lkwdblds

Crusader
To help Hats see the photos.

I guess women are just your 'hot' item Gary :D

I don't see any new photos on facebook though. Just the ones with the pumpkins and the bales of hay.

Hats, my post #9981 has a link to some photos that Candy Swanson posted on her Facebook that were taken with my camera. Since those photos are posted on Facebook, only people who are on Facebook themselves can view them. You qualify for that. You don't have to go to Facebook but just go to my post #9981 or a copy of it posted by someone else and click on the link and the photo should come up. Then if you click on the photo there are six more photos in that album.

For people not on Facebook, I have the photos stored on my computer and have to make some new albums on ESMB and then post them here for non Facebook members to view.

Anyone who wants to see pictures of the old days and is a Facebook member, just go to Candy Swanson's Facebook account and there are amazing pictures from the 1960's and 1970's plus some many more recent pictures. Check it out!
Lakey

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Hats, my post #9981 has a link to some photos that Candy Swanson posted on her Facebook that were taken with my camera. Since those photos are posted on Facebook, only people who are on Facebook themselves can view them. You qualify for that.

snip

Lakey

It still says content currently unavailable. The Facebook moderators must've edited them. What in the world were you guys up to? :omg:

Status
Not open for further replies.