What's new

' The Cancellation of Fair Game ' by John Atack

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Cancellation of fair game by John Atack ( must read - fair use excerpt)

[..] While it is true that most Scientologists are probably unaware of the Fair Game Law, that does not prove that a core group within the cult is not practising Fair Game. When I was a member, I had no knowledge that the Guardian's Office under Hubbard's direction was committing kidnapping, false imprisonment, burglary and criminal campaigns to destroy Hubbard's critics. That I didn't know about it does not mean that it wasn't happening. Recently, the Greek authorities have found that a member of the Office of Special Affairs (OSA) was issued a written 'Commendation' in 1993 for obtaining a document from the Greek Intelligence Service.

How many Scientologists know that they are supporting a group which houses an intelligence agency that has proved willing to subvert government agencies? How responsible will the membership be in exposing and making amends for such practices? We still await even an apology from current leadership for the years 1966-1982, through which time David Miscavige has admitted, in a sworn declaration (February 1994 in the Fishman case) Scientology was run by criminals. My guess is that there will just be frenetic outpourings about how dreadful Greece is - attack the source rather than answer the question - just as the cult has done in Germany. But before the cult attacks the past governments of Greece, remember that Hubbard called the fascist military Junta of 1968 'brilliant'. Far more recent than Nazi control of Germany.

There is no doubt that Fair Game is a current scripture........[..]

http://web.archive.org/web/20070213...ll.nl/~kspaink/cos/essays/atack_fairgame.html

Osiris

Patron with Honors
At one point I said to the ED that I wanted my money back, :omg:

& I was marched to the Ethics Department, where they read me the Fair Game Policy, :angry:

they didn't tell me it was canceled,

this was in 1989,

I latter found out though the media that it was canceled, back in the 1960's (I think) :yes:

& when I questioned them about whether the Fair Game policy was still in use, (afterwards)

They said they didn't know, but if it was, it would be in one of the volumes, :confused2:

Looking back, I guess it was just one of the many lies I was told while I was there. :duh:

Veda

Sponsor
The philosophy of 'Fair Game' can be found as early as 1951 in 'Science of Survival'. It was always part of Scientology, even though it wasn't formalized as an official policy until 1965.

The practice of Fair Game was never cancelled. Only the public use of the term was cancelled.

From HCOPL of 21 October 1968:

"The practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease. FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics Order. It causes bad public relations.

"This policy does not cancel any policy on the treatment of an SP."

From 7 March 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists, the Fair Game Law':

"A suppressive person or group becomes 'fair game'.

"By Fair Game is meant, without rights for self, possessions or position, and no Scientologist may be brought before a Committee of Evidence or punished for any action taken against a Suppressive Person or group...

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists.

"Such suppressive acts include public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

"[Suppressive acts also include] continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a Suppressive Person or group pronounced a Suppressive Person or group by HCO; failure to handle or disavow or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts; being at the hire of anti-Scientology groups or persons...

"[Suppressive acts also include] 1st degree murder, arson, disintegration of persons or belongings not [emphasis added] guilty of suppressive acts.

"[Suppressive Persons] place themselves beyond any consideration for their feelings or well being...

"The homes, property, places, and abodes of persons who have been active in attempting to suppressive Scientology... are all beyond any protection."

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
At one point I said to the ED that I wanted my money back, :omg:

& I was marched to the Ethics Department, where they read me the Fair Game Policy, :angry:

they didn't tell me it was canceled,

this was in 1989,

I latter found out though the media that it was canceled, back in the 1960's (I think) :yes:

& when I questioned them about whether the Fair Game policy was still in use, (afterwards)

They said they didn't know, but if it was, it would be in one of the volumes, :confused2:

Looking back, I guess it was just one of the many lies I was told while I was there. :duh:

It was cancelled in name only... but not in actual practice.

AND even officially the so-called cancellation does not apply to declared SPs.
(As Veda has quoted.)

Mystic

Crusader
In today's world it looks as though the hubbard-thing's cult is the game, regardless of fair or foul. Critics, exes and news folks are having a heyday.

An effectively dead cult with but the stench of its unburied rot left.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I hereby nominate the Fair Game policy to the "Top Ten" list of the all-time great examples of the Hubbard Law of Commotion, which states:

"For each and every policy there is an equal and opposite policy."

Don't blame me, it was Mein Founder who simultaneously tried to sell both Fair Game and "Scientology is the only Game in the universe where everyone wins."

It only seems fair to mention it.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Important FairGame shit that makes it quite clear what kind of society Hubbard and Scientology want's to create for all of us! - This shit really should disgust even those koolaid drinkers still IN the Scam Cult!
Most interesting in this case is the trial court considering, then rejecting, the cult's assertion that "Fair Game" and other illegal acts against Larry Wollersheim were a "core religious activity" and therefore protected under the Constitution. The trial court rejected this ludicrous claim, stating:

It is not only the acts of coercion themselves -- the sabotage of Wollersheim's business and the episode of captivity on the ship -- which are actionable. These acts of coercion and the threat of like acts make the Church's other harmful conduct actionable as well. No longer is Wollersheim's continued participation in auditing (or for that matter, his compliance with the "disconnect" order) merely his voluntary participation in Scientology's religious practices.

The evidence establishes Wollersheim was coerced into remaining a member of Scientology and continuing with the auditing process.

Constitutional guaranties of religious freedom do not shield such conduct from civil liability. We hold the state has a compelling interest in allowing its citizens to recover for serious emotional injuries they suffer through religious practices they are coerced into accepting. Such conduct is too outrageous to be protected under the Constitution and too unworthy to be privileged under the law of torts.​

This documents Fair Game conclusively! Wasn't 'cancelled' in any shape or form! - - Note that the Wollersheim case happened well after 1968 when the 'WORD' Fair Game was supposedly cancelled. The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology -actually- tried to have a court decision legalize their terroristic mafia methods. Thereby entering into official court records that Fair Game indeed is a 'core religious activity'.

Fair Game was never cancelled!

However, and fortunatly, Fair Game is still illegal! - Scientology Org's do not say what's legal! - And they never will!

:hattip:

Jump

Operating teatime
However, and fortunatly, Fair Game is still illegal! - Scientology Org's do not say what's legal! - And they never will!

:hattip:

"Somebody some day will say 'this is illegal.' By then be sure the orgs say what is legal or not."
- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 4 January 1966, "LRH Relationship to Orgs"

This dosen't change the correctness of Schwimmie's post at all.

HelluvaHoax!

One of the incomprehensible weirdnesses of Scientology is that a Scientologist can be on a course where the next two policies they need to study are:

* Window Washing tech.

* Fair Game tech​

They do a clay demo of how newspaper is greatest good.

Then a moment later they do a clay demo of how driving Paulette Cooper into a mental institution and suicide is greatest good.

They get wins on both.

The course supervisor calls BREAKTIME and the student relaxes and laughs with other scientologists about how many wins they are having on course.

They don't see any difference between those two policies.

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
HelluvaHoax! said:
One of the incomprehensible weirdnesses of Scientology is that a Scientologist can be on a course where the next two policies they need to study are:

* Window Washing tech.

* Fair Game tech

They do a clay demo of how newspaper is greatest good.

Then a moment later they do a clay demo of how driving Paulette Cooper into a mental institution and suicide is greatest good.

They get wins on both.

The course supervisor calls BREAKTIME and the student relaxes and laughs with other scientologists about how many wins they are having on course.

They don't see any difference between those two policies.

HH,

this is really alarming and reading this makes me:puke:!

There is really no difference for Scientologist.

HelluvaHoax!

That is why there is only one choice - to get out and stay out.

Ohhh but wait, wait, wait!

I am just going to go back in the Church and retrieve some of my valuable tech. The good tech, ya know!

I don't want to hear any more of those firemen giving me merchant of chaos entheta about how if the fire doesn't kill me the smoke will.

I don't need wog fire tech, I have postulate tech, no worries.

I'll be right back!

Alma_building_fire_1.jpg