What's new

ESMB Poster "David Mayo"

... That reminded me waaaay too much of CofS. "Sorry, up statistic! You can't say anything!"

Yes, that has proved to be an excellent 'service facsimile' for Hubbard & the church. To me it is the obvious source of the 'kha khan service fac'. Hubbard invented it so as to apply it to himself.

Mark A. Baker

but it is NOT uncommon for someone that created something of value, to later become a megalomaniac, paranoid and die in a sad state....history is full of such examples....

Marina

Or, as in Hubbard's case, show clear signs of lifelong mental illness while working to create something with value and gradually being overcome by his lifelong ailment with the effect that his life's work is marred by his gradually degenerating condition.

Mark A. Baker

Veda

Sponsor
Or, as in Hubbard's case, show clear signs of lifelong mental illness while working to create something with value and gradually being overcome by his lifelong ailment with the effect that his life's work is marred by his gradually degenerating condition.

Mark A. Baker

That's back-against-the-wall desperation PR damage control: "L. Ron Hubbard's life's work was giving Mankind the Bridge to Total Freedom, but his body had a defective brain, and yet he struggled:violin: with that defective brain, and built a Bridge nonetheless:bigcry:, such was his love for Mankind:clap::yes::clap:"

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yes, that has proved to be an excellent 'service facsimile' for Hubbard & the church. To me it is the obvious source of the 'kha khan service fac'. Hubbard invented it so as to apply it to himself.

Mark A. Baker

It's sad to see it amongst some of the FZers. That's what I ran into on that yahoo group list a couple weeks ago about the email from Ethier's wife to Tansy and Emma's and my discussion about it. The primary explanation and rationale with which I was presented was that of a "sorry, up statistic" type.

This sort of thing does little to persuade others that the FZ will not make the same mistakes as Cof$. And, yes, I know it's a loose knit grassroots type thing with people doing their own thing, but, still, rationalizations like this do not help things any, since they're bogus and are, in this case, being offered up by people who claim to know better.

It's sad to see it amongst some of the FZers. That's what I ran into on that yahoo group list a couple weeks ago about the email from Ethier's wife to Tansy and Emma's and my discussion about it. The primary explanation and rationale with which I was presented was that of a "sorry, up statistic" type.

This sort of thing does little to persuade others that the FZ will not make the same mistakes as Cof$. And, yes, I know it's a loose knit grassroots type thing with people doing their own thing, but, still, rationalizations like this do not help things any, since they're bogus and are, in this case, being offered up by people who claim to know better.

I fully concur, Fluff.

Mark A. Baker

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Organic gardening is a huge subject. We are very new to it and still learning. There is much to know about which plants repel certain insects and attract beneficial ones, which plants attract bees, composting, and so on.

It is a great deal of work but I have to say I find it tremendously rewarding to be able to go into the garden and eat home grown fruits and veggies that are pesticide free that we have nurtured.:)

Back to gardening and bees: A film has just been released that deals with the issue of the collapse of bee colonies, paricularly in the US.

It is called Queen of the Sun by Taggart Siegel and has been much acclaimed.:yes:

I believe it contrasts what is happening in the US with the relatively healthy state of bees in NZ.

Taggart, an American, lives part of the year in NZ, is actually a neighbour of my daughter in Pigeon Bay, Banks Peninsula.

The movie is screening here and in the US at the moment. I intend to see it.:yes:

If you want some info on the causes of bee collapse and what you can do to take care of this vital part of our food production, I recommend it to you. :yes:

Terril park

Sponsor
That's back-against-the-wall desperation PR damage control: "L. Ron Hubbard's life's work was giving Mankind the Bridge to Total Freedom, but his body had a defective brain, and yet he struggled:violin: with that defective brain, and built a Bridge nonetheless:bigcry:, such was his love for Mankind:clap::yes::clap:"

You're bonkers.

Terril park

Sponsor

I'm probably the only person here who has talked to Ekaterina. Many times.

She has said all sorts of nonsense over the years. I believe her when she says she hasn't access to PC folders.

Veda

Sponsor
You're bonkers.

It's not my idea. It's your associate Baker's "explanation."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_1F0_20mE

A simpler and more sensible explanation - and one backed by evidence - is that Hubbard had a hidden agenda.

That's why he spent years creating "The art and science of asserting and maintaining dominion over the thoughts and loyalties of individuals, officers, bureaus, and masses... through 'mental healing'."

The Table of Contents of the e-book 'Brainwashing Manual Parallels':

'Brainwashing Manual Parallels in Scientology', a.k.a. 'Revisiting the Textbook on Psycho-politics'

Examining the 'Brainwashing Manual' http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg with the purpose of better understanding Scientology 4

Introduction: A Brief Outline of Scientology Doctrine, Public and Confidential 6

"White Scientology" - The Battle Tactics Doctrine - Brainwashing Manual Tech - Scientology is Multi-layered - Exploiting the Positives: the Cheese in the Trap -

Background 9

Origin of the word "brainwashing." and of the "Russian Brainwashing Manual"
L. Ron Hubbard writing to Scientoogists on the subject of the Brainwashing Manual
Departing briefly from the Manual: A look at private tactics later shared with insiders
A publicized statement
A private explanation
Hubbard vs. the "Asiatic Hordes"
Back to the Brainwashing Manual: Excerpts from Hubbard's third public statement on it
Kenneth Goff's 1956 version of the Manual
Scientology's "No-answer answers."

Excerpts from the Brainwashing Manual/Textbook on Psycho-politics 14

"Editorial Note": Hubbard. assuming the guise of the phantasmal "Charles Stickley"
"An Address by Beria": Hubbard, pretending to be Lavrenti Beria, chief of the Russian Secret Police
The Main Text of the Manual: Hubbard, masquerading as an arrogant Russian Brainwashing expert
"Pain-Drug-Hypnosis"

The Layers of The "Scientological Onion" http://exscn.net/content/view/178/105 17

Brainwashing Manual Parallels in Modern Scientology 19

Correspondences between the Brainwashing Manual and the Battle Tactics policy
On “Survival”
On Surviving the Atomic Bomb
On an individual Scientologist influencing leaders
Scientology is devious by design

Front Groups - Layer Zero of the “Scientological Onion.” 20

“It is not necessary that the term ‘Communism’ [Scientology] be applied at first…”

Layer One - The publicized portion of Scientology 23

“White Scientology”
Scenario: (An application of “White Scientology”)
“By reason alone”
Auditing

Descending into Layer Two of the “Onion”: The “In-Organization” Strata 27

“…[Scientology] under the guise of [‘White Scientology’]…”
Exploitation of the process of abreaction
Playing one thing off another or “counter-playing”
“Loaded language”: the seemingly enlightened “counter-played” with the manipulative
Tone 4, “entheta,” “theta,” Suppressive Person
The Thought Limiting clichés of Scientology
Publicized, “In-organization” and Confidential Scientology “Ethics”
“…aligning the individual against the desire not to conform…”
Side effects of “critical thoughts”
Dominion over the loyalties of individuals

Layer Three of the “Onion”: The Confidential “Upper Levels” of the “Bridge to Total Freedom” 33

“…avoid the understanding of the layman…”
Highest of the “upper levels” must remain a mystery to the membership
Operating Thetan or O.T.
Aleister Crowley, Head of the O.T.O.
O.T. III, The “Wall of Fire” into which Hubbard “took the plunge” to save Mankind
Exploitation of the paranormal

Layer Four: “…a well trained individual who serves in complete obedience…”
The Sea Organization, the Rehabilitation Project Force, and the Five Card System 36

The Sea Organization: “Custodians of the O.T. Levels”
“…the only loyalty which should exist… is to the State [Scientology].”
Sea Org Ethics under Commodore Hubbard on the Flagship
“Refusal to let them sleep over many days…”
The Rehabilitation Project Force
“Filthy food, little sleep, nearly untenable quarters…”
“…the first loyalty [to himself]… is destroyed…”
“Degradation and conquest…”
The children’s and teenagers’ RPF
“A certain amount of fear…”
The RPF’s RPF
The Five Card “Team Share” System
“The technologies of psycho-politics…”

Layer Five: Confidential Scientology Policy and Tech for “handling” uncooperative outsiders 46

The Fair Game policy and “philosophy”
“…find or manufacture enough threat…”
“Direct the attention of the authorities…”
Scientology’s unscrupulous use of the legal system
“We will no longer put up with our religion being criticized…”
Discourage inquiry
Defamatory data on file; “Culling”: Searching “religious confessional” (auditing) files for embarrassing or intimidating items
Background: The Commodore’s Intelligence Network
The policy of covert attack and publicized PR “defense lines”
Scientology’s Multi-layered Public Relations tech
Scientology Intelligence tech
Data collecting, and Attack or “support” Intelligence
Creating incidents that reflect badly on others
“Data needed by Ops on each located who”
Attack or “support” Intelligence - The Covert Ops study course and checklist
“Persons in his vicinity to whom he is emotionally involved…”
Coerce them into signing prepared “retractions” or “confessions”
Plenty of bogus “documentation”
One justification for unscrupulous covert methods
Treatment of VIPs and celebrities
Goal of talking over “mental health” and “political guidance”
Full knowledge of Intelligence tech must be denied to the general membership
“Deception, chicanery, lying, manipulation and outright criminality”
“She over there, those pink legs sticking out, didn’t like me”
Scientologists believe in a planet-wide conspiracy against L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology
The Scientology Hierarchy

Layer Six: The Core of the “Scientological Onion” 69

“…virtually a pathological liar…egotism… lust for power, and vindictiveness…”
“We must be like the vine upon the tree…”
The elusive “1000 page” official L. Ron Hubbard biography
“It’s a trap not being able to prevaricate”
Conscience as an “impediment”
The L. Ron Hubbard Fan(atic) club

Epilogue 74

Freeing the Positives

Addendum 76

"Dr. Hubbard's" FBI letters written concurrent with the appearance of the Brainwashing Manual 77

L. Ron Hubbard assumes the identity of Dr. Hubbard Ph.D DD - Patriotic Concerned Citizen
Letter of 29 July 1955
From a letter dated 7 September

A further look at Scientology's Covert Intelligence Tech 79

"Categories of Data Needing Coding"
A glimpse at a covert operation, and of public strata "policy" used as a cover for applied covert policy
An example of public strata "policy" used as "cover" - this time used on Scientologists by Scientology
"Ops Planning"
What to "Vet" or delete from sensitive internal messages that may be scrutinized by outsiders

Bibliography 82

Notes 87

L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?, 2nd edition:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0942637577/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-0654802-4263319

Brainwashing Manual Parallels in Scientology:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/ambry1.html

City of Clearwater Scientology Hearings. Documents: http://www.american-buddha.com/cia.testimonyrondewolfclearwater.htm

Caliwog

Patron Meritorious
Or, as in Hubbard's case, show clear signs of lifelong mental illness while working to pilfer something with value, bulk it up with meaningless bullshit, and sell it as his own, and gradually allowing himself to live in the fantasy world he created with the effect that his life's work is even further marred by his gradually degenerating condition.

Mark A. Baker

FIFY.

ML,
Caliwog
http://caliwog.wordpress.com

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'm probably the only person here who has talked to Ekaterina. Many times.

She has said all sorts of nonsense over the years. I believe her when she says she hasn't access to PC folders.

At this point, I'm far more disappointed in the treatment I received from the OTs on the FZ list than I am in Ekatherine Ethier. Far more.

Nice people.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
...snip... L Ron Hubbard must have had doubt about his own tech to have insisted that it be preserved in such a manner. If the tech actually worked, there would be no need for the impervious preservation of it. Perhaps a bit of a stretch but, again, hmmm . . .

Thanks chuck.

Over the years, several places in policy, LRH was thinking way ahead, realize he was one of the worried adults living through the 1950s when nuclear destruction was a daily threat on the public's mind. Bomb shelters, bomb raid drills, etc.

He'd had for some time, the 1950s, thought of placing all his "tech" in South Africa, away from the northern hemisphere and the cold war threat of nuclear destruction of the northern hemisphere.

And then later, if you read his "Archives" orders, he mentions quite a lot of "space opera" stuff.

You really have to read a lot of LRH's stuff, and think about why he thought the way he did.

He did talk a lot of whole track, over the years, to his closest staff.

Look at the INCOMM policy letter even,which mentions long ago space civilizations that ran on computers successfully. He wrote a lot more privately about space opera computer stuff, even than what is public.

LRH in the tech films, has several tech films with science ficture future scenes in them.

When you really study ALL of LRH's writings and lectures, and look at how his thinking evolved, and if you also read all his fiction stuff, and you try to think like LRH thinks, then his reasoning for having his works buried, on metal plates, and also in paper form also, the paper books are special archival paper kept in titanium capsules, with the air removed and argon gas injected, so the paper books last longer.

But the big Archives/CST cost is the stainless steel plates.

In one of the CST/Archives advices he mentions that his stuff needs to be preserved so that someone later, like tens of thousands of years, can return and find it.

Which if you look online, there are some photos of the Archives vaults, and near each vault, there are these "crop circles" which are really the Kool cigarette package logo with diamonds in the center of the circles. My guess is LRH, who thought up the symbol, the symbol being the interlocking circles with a single diamond in each circle, THAT is the CST logo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Spiritual_Technology

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/26/AR2005112601065.html

My educated guess, is that LRH, through smoking Kools for so many years, inadvertently chose the interlocking circles from the Kook packages he must have spent so many years gazing at, while smoking.

If you Google some of the articles and YouTube videos on the CST sites, you'll see the aerial views of the CST symbol.

My guess is, that we'd have to ask the former CST staff member, named Russ Bellin. Russ blew the Int Base a couple years ago, but apparantly was recovered, not sure if he's in or out.

Russ would know about the circles, as I think he is the one who bulldozed them.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/library.php?t=Church+of+spiritual+technology

The above link has a ton of excellent information, and if you add up all the money they've absorbed, you see it's over 80 million bucks!

Scientology has a ton of assets spread around the world.

The subject is here to stay.

I think the best that can be done is expose the worst of Hubbard's policies and the illegal stuff should obviously stop or be prosecuted.

freet43

Patron with Honors
Back to gardening and bees: A film has just been released that deals with the issue of the collapse of bee colonies, paricularly in the US.

It is called Queen of the Sun by Taggart Siegel and has been much acclaimed.:yes:

I believe it contrasts what is happening in the US with the relatively healthy state of bees in NZ.

Taggart, an American, lives part of the year in NZ, is actually a neighbour of my daughter in Pigeon Bay, Banks Peninsula.

The movie is screening here and in the US at the moment. I intend to see it.:yes:

If you want some info on the causes of bee collapse and what you can do to take care of this vital part of our food production, I recommend it to you. :yes:

Thanks. Will keep an eye out for the movie.

Marina

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
They have more to lose, I guess. Chin up, lass.

Although it would not be completely fair or accurate for me to blame my thoughts about Scn's shortcomings on those people- to feel that this discredits Scn, in a way I sort of do.

But apart from that, I'll just say that some of those people are representing themselves and their non Scn FZ and/or Indie venue as being more high toned (To use Scn parlance) than critical venues and more high toned than church venues. But it's just not the case. They all put their pants on same way as anyone else. One leg at a time. And the people who were so angry with me about my comments about the now infamous email were just as prone to ad homs as any of those over whom they claim superiority.

That's what gets me. Not so much that this sort of thing and the "sorry, up statistic" arguments are not such a great argument for Scn outside of CofS- although that would be a valid point- but that those same people routinely go about telling people that they are offering a haven from entheta, that it's not like CofS, and that critics are so mean and horrible but that there's sanity on that FZ list.

But what I saw were flawed human beings. That's ok. I'm one of those, too. But I don't tell people I have all the right stuff that the cult doesn't have and that I can use tech or whatever else to save them.

I'd make a terrible guru!! :coolwink: