What's new

We are Anonymous

johnAnchovie

Still raging
This one...

Let us take stock of the effort that Anon is encouraging here.

This is an opportunity, this is a movement and one can be cynical, or one can can be an OSA stooge and redicule the campaign.

I have seen too much bad in Scientology, I have been done too much bad by the cult, to not want to spread the message.

That is a good link Alanzo, if I was not such a computer klutz, I would figure out how to spread it around a lot more.

Good work, mano.

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Actually...

I have been going through an emotional shit-storm of late, following several national radio and newspaper interviews I have carried out here in Ireland, and in the writing of a book, it has been stirring up ghosts.

I watched the last Anonymous posting, and it brought tears to my eyes, I broke down and cried. The sense that this group of people are successfully prosecuting this corporate cult, the sense that I, and all the good people who have been trying to expose this cult for what it is, am being heard, finally. I wept because I feel that justice may done for the crimes against Alice, the crimes against 'my' children, the crimes against Lisa, the crimes against the hundreds of other good, honest, caring people who have been conned into carrying the flag for this oppressive regime.

This group is intent on destroying the cult; it is a breath of fresh air.

Even though I physically escaped in June 2006, I am still not free. While the oppression is in my mind, not in the objective world outside my window, it is still oppression. Anonymous heralds a promise of freedom for me.

Jesus666

Patron
Hi, i am a moderator on the central command forum i want to thank whoever posted the news story about the fbi, i posted this as a warning on our forums.

elias

Patron
Attack on Scientology halted?

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/711chan.org_administrator_calls_for_an_end_to_attacks_on_Scientology

711chan.org administrator calls for an end to attacks on Scientology
From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

January 28, 2008
Scientology
Related stories

* Anonymous plans to protest Church of Scientology on February 10
* 'The Regime' hacks 711chan.org in response to 'Anonymous' attack on Scientology; takes web site off line
* 711chan.org administrator calls for an end to attacks on Scientology
* "Unauthorized" Tom Cruise bio hits number one on Amazon.com, New York Times best sellers list
* "Anonymous" releases statements outlining "War on Scientology"

Church of Scientology Berlin HQ
More information on Scientology:

* Scientology
* Scientology beliefs and practices
* Scientology controversy
* Scientology and the Internet
* Xenu

Administrators for 711chan.org, one of the websites responsible for starting Project Chanology, a "raid" or attack against the Church of Scientology and their website, slowed down their "attack".

In an exclusive interview with Wikinews, an administrator of 711chan states that they will "probably stay away from the CoS [Church of Scientology]."

"We're probably just going to stay away from the CoS raid. It was poorly managed. We could've brought down a lot more if we weren't just a bunch of unorganized brats," said 'Plasma', an administrator on 711chan.org.
Many people from 711chan still want to raid, but the administration is sick of it.

—Plasma, an administrator of 711chan.

"Many people from 711chan still want to raid, but the administration is sick of it," added Inaki who also stated that "Partyvan IRC actually has decided to remove the raid."

Much of the reason stems from the fact that the attack on the Church was meant to stay within 711chan and that users were to stay "anonymous." An e-mail was leaked on the internet when the attack began exposing the script used to attack the Church's website.

"This is not what the raid originally started as. Partyvan declares this as a threat to the network, and Anonymous alike. We have been under constant botnet attacks, 711chan hacked, and tons of drama over this. You guys did a very poor job of staying Anonymous. It's obvious that a lot of you broke rules 1, and 2," said a statement on 711chan's website.

The rules they refer to, according to Inaki, mean the "Rules of the Internet" and are:

1. Do not talk about /b/ (Only applies to raids.)
2. Do NOT talk about /b/ (eBaums did it.)

Both key rules were broken by users, according to Plasma.

The attack on Scientology was launched on Wednesday January 16 by a group labelled "Anonymous", on the website "Insurgency Wiki", a spinoff of 4chan which is also affiliated with 711chan. The "History" section of the site explains, in a satirical fashion, that the incident was prompted by the Church of Scientology's attempts to remove a promotional video featuring Scientologist Tom Cruise from YouTube. Though YouTube complied with the Church of Scientology's requests to take down the video, other sites such as Gawker.com stated that they will keep hosting the video.

One poster admitted to being a part of the effort, writing in a blog post "I have myself, as per instructions, loaded up Gigaloader and started bombarding the Scientology homepage. Theres [sic] something in the hilarious anarchy of the net that produces these 'events' every now and again." The poster wrote that "Prompted I think by the Tom Cruise video, a new obsession is taking hold on the internet. An insurgency against The Church of Scientology."

Not long after their attack, a previously unknown group called The Regime used keylogging to gain an administrator password to 711chan.org.

"I was actually away from home when I noticed my personal dedi was compromised (my bash_history file had lots of strange entries), so I informed Partyvan IRC staff (the CoS raid room as well as 711chan's IRC room are there) and minutes later, 711chan's machine was also compromised. I arrived home around an hour later, and immediately restored the contents of the 711 machine back to a previous state. I also got the passwords reset on my dedi and that was back in order. I went to bed shortly after that," said Plasma in regards to The Regime's attack on 711chan.

"The next morning I wake up to hundreds of MSN windows and emails telling me both servers have been compromised again, and our backups for 711 have been removed. The software we use to run 711chan's machine got bugged up somehow and make it difficult for me to fix things, which is why the site didn't respond at all for most of the day. At the time of writing this I still haven't got the backups reloaded onto the machine," added Plasma.

Plasma states that 711chan.org will be off line at least until the end of January, possibly longer, but the site is not expected to change.

"I shut down our server to prevent any more damage. Right now, our plan is to lay low and get stuff started up on a more secure machine. We'll be back up by the end of the month, hopefully. 711chan will probably be staying the same it is, however," said Plasma.

But they didn't go down without a fight adds Plasma.

"As who the "Regime" is? I took a look at one of the things they planted on my machine, which lead me to #!!regime on GameSurge IRC. `immortal' and about 30 drones were in that channel. Members of the g00ns community (allies of 711, also linked to Partyvan IRC) found out they had dox (documents such as phone numbers, addresses, SSN numbers, names, that sort of thing) on `immortal' and his wife. I actually have these details and attempted to call him, but it went unanswered," said Plasma.

The information that 711chan.org obtained was later posted on the website operated by The Regime. Wikinews has attempted to contact The Regime a second time regarding the incident, and they have only replied with "your articles are bullshit."

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
But it doesn't work like that. Suicide is a big no-no in the SO. It is culturally not acceptable. You get sec-checked etc. for having "suicidal thoughts". It's as bad as the "2D flows".

Paul

Culture means nothing when compared to "Command Intention."

If DM says "Jump!" people don't bother to ask how high, they start hopping and hope they achieve the required altitude.

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
I didn't read all the posts on this, so excuse any redundancy or omitted understanding.

It isn't at all clear to me how anarchy or more terrorism helps us deal with a manipulative international cult. None of organizational Scientology's business model depends on internet resources. Make them use more legal or detective consulting and they will simply shift money to focus on defense and reinforcing their perimeter. A few Anonymii will get to see the insides of courtrooms and jail cells.

The weaknesses of corporate Scientology are well documented. Go after them with all the marbles and don't be distracted.

Back to the SAG awards ...

This isn't "anarchy" or "terrorism." Where I come from its called Good Press.

Anything that keeps Scientology's name in the news in a negative context is GOOD.

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
The only problem I see with what you're saying is that Scientology is not only *expert* at exploiting PR, (if not 'creating' it) but already well established in the 'halls of government and media' thanks to heavy use of tax-exempt millions spent.

The worst thing about the 'anon' effort is the sheer naivete involved. Yes; if it were an honest game, Scientology would be a dead piece. It's internally inconsistent; inherently criminal (per dogma) and inevitably dishonest.

For some reason, people seem to think that exposing that alone will be enough :)

The Cult has had 50 years and probably as many billions of dollars to 'prepare the Safe Point'. It buys judges and legislators and media magnates as necessary.

If this sounds libelous... well, so what. Scientology *is* a criminal conspiracy, and, I dare the Cult to sue me for saying so.

But, they won't; because it's too easy to demonstrate the validity of the claim, if not enough to force the corrupted or lazy criminal enforcement agencies to act on it.

Come on Scientology; I've just called you a Criminal Conspiracy. Sue me :)

Zinj

I'm not a lawyer but...

Calling them a criminal conspiracy is stating your opinion. A lawsuit wouldn't get them anywhere.

Now if you were to state that DM dresses up in Nazi Uniforms and performs fellatio on a marble cast of Hubbard's prick, that would be libelous.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I'm not a lawyer but...

Calling them a criminal conspiracy is stating your opinion. A lawsuit wouldn't get them anywhere.

Now if you were to state that DM dresses up in Nazi Uniforms and performs fellatio on a marble cast of Hubbard's prick, that would be libelous.

Would "DM preens like a poodle in the front seat of a Clown Car driven by a bloated, fat corpse of a narcissistic madman" be libelous?

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Would "DM preens like a poodle in the front seat of a Clown Car driven by a bloated, fat corpse of a narcissistic madman" be libelous?

It may be an idea to start a thread on which to vent under the title: "Legal; advice required: would the following be considered libelous?" :)

shader

Patron with Honors
This isn't "anarchy" or "terrorism." Where I come from its called Good Press.

Anything that keeps Scientology's name in the news in a negative context is GOOD.

My fear is that if the DDoS phase is continued, it might actually result in Scientology getting some positive press (for the first time since... when?)

Currently the news coverage isn't sympathetic to either party, but if they continue the 'hacking" angle ppl will want to know more about where they suddenly sprung from. Any news organization doing a bit of digging into the culture on the chans could easily totally destroy anons credibility as righteous crusaders.

There is truckloads of what immediately looks like "hate speech" there, ironic for some, but it's way too many layers of irony to dig through in a short news segment.

A news story about a Kooky church vs a "hacker" group that repeatedly posts [stuff edited for prudence] will quickly polarise ppl onto the side of the "church".

And that can only be a setback for those who have been fighting the CoS for years.

I'm glad rule #0 for picketing they've posted is "leave your memes at home - the general public is not ready for them"

Last edited:

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
"Hate Speech" is a Gramscian Marxist ploy created by leftists to stifle the expression of ideas they cannot refute.

As for the rest of your post, I agree that doing illegal things to the cult will eventually make you look just as bad as they are...but that doesn't mean it is a bad way to take the first shot.

The best way for Anonymous to fight the cult is through legal means.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exactly---

Anonymous already *did* take their first shot, and it brought quite a bit
of attention, which was a key goal I believe. Ok, so then many of us said,
"Stay legal" --and quickly they have made a video or two saying stay legal.

We who know OSA, know they LOVE illegal things. It IS what they have trained for, they have attorneys for, they've paid off God knows who for---but it
ISN'T a fly trap you'll win with.

From the people I've spoken with from Anonymous---they listened very well,
the agreed with me (And others who are speaking with them) on the legal end of things. I asked them, do you want
*a* sound bite (Being on TV once) or do you want to honestly make a difference? They said although there are *some* who only want the sound bite,
many/most of them are in for a much longer haul and know what they want,
it's legal--and they plan to get it done.

They seemed to be *very* nice people, the ones I've spoken to, and seemed quite understanding of what they were up against. IF they didn't (which let's face it, there's LOTS to learn)---they were very willing to ask, and learn.

They've certainly gotten their message out in a very short time!

I can't even imagine what it's like to be with DM at this time: ARGH! :omg:

I bet even Mike Rinder is going: THANK ***GOD*** I Left when I did!

Can you imagine? :0

Good luck to all :)

Tory/Magoo~~~

shader

Patron with Honors
"Hate Speech" is a Gramscian Marxist ploy created by leftists to stifle the expression of ideas they cannot refute.

Please notice my scare quotes - I don't agree with laws against "hate speech". They are laws against speech.

My point is, several high profile celebrity disasters in the US have shown that American popular culture has NO tolerance for the "ironic" or "humourous" use of certain epithets.

Anon is wide open to a media flap of this sort.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah.......I and a few others have gone over that with quite a few of them.

The people I spoke to recognize that, and if you look, their messages changed within 24 hours.

Re Certain things, they said they've been fighting/disagreeing about them,
"Forever". One is the "Internet Hate group" (which they said is an inside joke from the TV station calling them that. I pointed out there are 2 types of people who will align with that: Slim and None and Slim just left the building!)

The other was calling pickets "Raids" --which also in our culture and country here---people won't take well to that. So we'll see.

I do think it's great they seem to be learning, asking, growing. We'll see where it goes :)

Tory/Magoo~~