What's new

Gratitude ~ The Thread

Hypnotarian

Patron with Honors
When you see yourself in other peoples faces... and see them in yours, then your selfish concerns have no reason left to exist.

That came into my mind at the end of that video on gratitude.

Maybe it's cheesy, maybe it's not, but it's what I was left with.

Great Thread Sweetnesss!

Boojum, this one's for you and Dave Ramsey! :thumbsup: Thanks!

gratitude-rainbowspiral1.jpg

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I wouldlike to add one thing Sweet to this subject of gratitude

When being a scamologist, as any scamologist, I have been pushed to disconnect from my family as they had been informed, from a very reliable source, of the abuses of the CO$ so they worried about my involvment

I refused to disconnect
because my parents gave me the gift of life

But I let them put in my mind a doubt that I had good parents

Now that I try to practice gratitude for long years - and that my parents are preparing to leave this world

I am gratefull that they have gave me life, made me who I am with the tools my mother taught me.

I had a bit of repair to do, because I once wrote a letter to them saying they did bad and later I was ashamed. But we repaired all this

If a lurker is requested to ''out'' his family or disconnect from his parents -or consider them as suppressive and degraded
it's really a huge violation of life natural laws wich are to respect and have gratitude for people who gave us life.
Then depending of how they are helpfull or harmfull we can choose to keep a distance but still hold gratitude for they gave life.

Our parents are only guilty of being worried for your futur life in a cult of abuse.

Last edited:
t3gratitudelist8.gif
free-vintage-flower-clipart-peach-and-pink-cabbage-roses-in-victorian-container.jpg

t3gratitudelist3.gif

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Lotus, what you shared about your parents is very powerful. I hope that all the lurkers and others will listen to your good advice. I would add for everyone reading here, if you have disconnected from someone in the past, make an effort to reach out to that person, even if only in your thoughts, with gratitude for their friendship, or for the good that once was there in that relationship. We can heal and redeem the past in many ways. It's never too late to try. Thank you Lotus! Namaste!

Last edited:
According to this Doctor, practicing gratitude is good for your health! :thumbsup:

From: http://blog.seattlepi.com/naturalme...ey-to-wellness-its-gratitude-one-doctor-says/

The Key to Wellness? It’s Gratitude, One Doctor Says

The most basic key to wellness isn’t a drug, an exercise regimen or a particular diet, says natural medicine author Michael T. Murray, ND. He’s become convinced that cultivating a spirit of gratitude is the foundational secret to health.

His discovery was sparked by reading a Sports Illustrated article about St. Louis Cardinals slugger Stan Musial.

“He was one of the most beloved baseball players of all time,” says Dr. Murray. “He made it a point in his life to make every fan feel appreciated, to let them know he appreciated them.

“That got me thinking about the people I know with health, happiness and longevity (which is a polite way of saying they’re old). They all had the common characteristic of being able to express appreciation and gratitude in their life.”

Murray is the author of several books on health, the president and CEO of Dr. Murray Natural Living and an alumni of Bastyr University, where he was a longtime board and faculty member. He grew curious about the relationship between gratitude and health — and he found a trove of evidence connecting the two.

Studies show that gratitude corresponds with living longer and with lower levels of depression and other diseases. “I couldn’t believe how much research there was,” Dr. Murray says. “It’s the most important human trait for our ability to live long, healthfully and with a high degree of happiness.”

Gratitude doesn’t depend on having everything just right in life, but it requires a consistent practice to train oneself, Dr. Murray says. One study found that writing a letter of appreciation to someone and delivering it by hand was a powerful way for depressed people to improve their mood, in both the short- and long-term. Other research has documented the benefits of journaling about thankfulness.

Neurological studies have found that “training” oneself to look for positives increases the mind’s ability to experience satisfaction and joy, says Dr. Murray. He says he’s been influenced by Martin Seligman, a proponent of “positive psychology,” which encourages patients to focus on sources of gladness rather than pain.

Gratitude might seem like the domain of spirituality or religion, not medicine. But doctors who understand mind, body and spirit as connected should consider the potential of gratitude in helping patients seek health, Dr. Murray says.

“There’s a reason that the practice of giving thanks became so common in the world’s religions,” he says. “When you do it, it opens the door to finding more and more to be thankful for.”

Well, I'm already a believer but if I wasn't this would do it for me! Give it a try folks, Practice gratitude! :happydance:

I'm grateful for music, for the ability to sing, and for other people's talents...

...and I love a capella singing! :love8:

http://youtu.be/3y5_obQsN6g

Those of you who are parents or who work with children will recognize that as a cute kid's song from "Veggie Tales" :biggrin:

Last edited:
Gratitude Quotes - Be Inspired to Stay Grateful
By Deanna Collins

There are times in everyone's life when it is hard to stay grateful. If you are like many people, these special times seem to happen a few times every day. There always seems to be dishes to be done and errands left to be run when you have just finished a grueling day at work. It is times like these when we all need extra help to stay grateful.

One way to keep everything in perspective is by reading gratitude quotes. Gratitude quotes are small nuggets of inspiration to help us re-focus and re-direct ourselves when in the midst of the chaos of our daily lives.

There are many ways that you can use gratitude quotes to keep you inspired to be grateful throughout your day. You can post a few of your favorite quotes on your desk at work for those times when it seems the work will never end.

A couple taped to the bathroom mirror (post it notes work great for this!), may just be the pick me up that you need to start each day. You can even print up a business sized card with gratitude quotes on it and place it in your wallet for times when you are on the go. No matter how you want to use them, you will need a great collection of gratitude quotes to pull from.

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." - Buddha

This is a great gratitude quote that reminds us that there is something in every moment to be grateful for. There will always be times when we cannot see the positive in the storm that is our lives. This quote can remind you that a bright spot is coming no matter what type of storm is going on now.

"A grateful mind is a great mind which eventually attracts to itself great things." -Plato

This quote reminds us that when we are grateful for the things around us and develop a grateful mindset, we will achieve great things and attract great things to us.

"What we think about and THANK about is what we bring about..." The Secret

"What can you do right now to turn your life around?? Gratitude" The Secret

The Law of Attraction and being grateful go hand in hand. These gratitude quotes remind you that how you think and react is in your hands.

Gratitude quotes can be the gentle reminder to live in the moment and to be grateful for everything that you have. Reading these simple lines is a great way to reinforce your gratitude practice and cultivate a positive outlook. These quotes can make a true difference in your life and all you have to do is to read them to experience their great power.

9631517_c00d033e00.jpg

I love waking up in the morning to the sounds of birdsong....I'm so very grateful for birds that sing, and that I can hear them each day!

robin-davidtipling-getty460.jpg

normal_SongbirdCards_NE1.jpg

THANK YOU, BIRDIES! :happydance:

Last edited:
Keep Everything In Perspective By Reading Gratitude Quotes
by Beth McCain

Gratitude quotes, grateful quotes and thankful quotes have always inspired and motivated me. As a child I would sit for hours reading through a 600 page quotation book that was filled with beautiful and inspirational sayings from some of the most famous people we have ever known.

Today, they have been joined by many more famous people who continue to inspire us all to greatness, by sharing their thoughts, their talents, their wisdom and their love. Please enjoy some on my favorite quotes from some of my favorite people.

Gratitude Quotes~

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. - John F. Kennedy

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. - Brian Tracy

Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. - William Arthur Ward

Take full account of the excellencies which you possess, and in gratitude remember how you would hanker after them, if you had them not. - Marcus Aurelius

Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude. - Albert Schweitzer

Many people who order their lives rightly in all other ways are kept in poverty by their lack of gratitude. - Wallace Wattles

Grateful Quotes~

When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears. - Anthony Robbins

It is just that we should be grateful, not only to those with whose views we may agree, but also to those who have expressed more superficial views; for these also contributed something, by developing before us the powers of thought. - Aristotle

I have but one system of ethics for men and for nations - to be grateful, to be faithful to all engagements under all circumstances, to be open and generous, promoting in the long run even the interests of both; and I am sure it promotes their happiness. - Thomas Jefferson

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. - Marcel Proust

What you focus on expands, and when you focus on the goodness in your life, you create more of it. Opportunities, relationships, even money flowed my way when I learned to be grateful no matter what happened in my life. - Oprah Winfrey

Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need. - Sarah Ban Breathnach

Thankful Quotes~

A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues. - Cicero

Whatever our individual troubles and challenges may be, it’s important to pause every now and then to appreciate all that we have, on every level. We need to literally “count our blessings,” give thanks for them, allow ourselves to enjoy them, and relish the experience of prosperity we already have. - Shakti Gawain

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. - Oprah Winfrey

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. - Albert Schweitzer

The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings. - Henry Ward Beecher

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors
A grateful person is a happy person. I heard Dave Ramsey say that the other day, dunno if it's original.

There is only One Original in this Universe B. And that One Original is You.

all others are mere (carbon) copies. get it? carbon? MEST?

Lol.

Apoc

I'm grateful for BUBBLES, too! :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/TMCf7SNUb-Q

Oh! And dolphins! And all the oceans and everything in them! Especially tidepools and waves on the shore...I LOVE to play in those! :happydance:

1.jpg

And I've had hours of pleasure gathering seashells on the shore...

gratitude.jpg

Last edited: