What's new

Stonelands and St. Hill Peace Stories

solo

Patron with Honors
ah Didcoate! After his years on the PAC RPF, got offloaded (against his wishes) and then ended up doing a little errand or two for OSA - one of which was to drop by and see me.

How on earth did such a nice guy become such a pathetic loser?

The Didcoates are still together and I think they're still in. They were a lovely couple, Flag Rep and LRH Comm at AOSHUK. They're still in the LA area. If they read this, I hope you're both well, you're welcome to drop by here - come and say hello!

Solo

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
The Didcoates are still together and I think they're still in. They were a lovely couple, Flag Rep and LRH Comm at AOSHUK. They're still in the LA area. If they read this, I hope you're both well, you're welcome to drop by here - come and say hello!

Solo

if you mean by "in" you mean still believers - then yes.

solo

Patron with Honors
Stonelands.... hmmm.

On the RPF we used the basement. Remember Amy ? She used to come down and "entertain" us.

Dart

I remember Amy (later known as Aimee) very well. She was a sweet young girl who loved fashion. When she went home to the US on leave (how did that happen?!!!) she took an empty suitcase so her "mom" could fill it with new clothes. How on earth did she end up in the SO at Saint Hill? I don't think she even got mad when people treated her like a "dumb blonde broad." She took her job in the reg office very seriously.

I don't know what happened in the basement, but I think it would be good if you kept it there.... What would you say to her if she came on this board wanting some answers? Would you say she was abused in any way?

I hope she's had a happy and successful life in whatever she has done since she left and wish her well.

Solo

ps this thread is supposed to be about peaceful experiences at Stonelands, as I had to remind myself earlier!

solo

Patron with Honors
if you mean by "in" you mean still believers - then yes.

Yes, they're still believers, as were we all. Deluded, brainwashed and wasting their lives, which is a terrible shame. I still hope they are well and come here some time.
I wish I could think of a way to undo all that with a few words, but no one can. It will happen when they're ready, I don't see anything is gained by blaming them for where they are now.

Solo

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Vumba, may we please hear the ghost story? :drama:

Well, I should love someone else to back this up because I think I saw this ghost, and I would love someone else to report their having seen her too. The ballroom has been cleared for a large party we had (Dulloldfart wrote about this separately) and no-one was about. I used to get a little spooked down this end of the house on this ground floor and the one upstairs... no idea why, except for the fact it was colder and darker perhaps, and also by the back staircase. However, I walked into the ballroom and sitting right in front of the fireplace was an old woman rocking in a rocking chair. The chair was creaking, and she was just rocking to-and-fro with a peaceful grin on her face. I actually felt quite peaceful and not scared. Then as I was watching her, she just slowly started to disappear, then she was gone.

I have tried finding out more about the house but can't really find much. I think it used to be a school at some point possibly, with nuns as teachers like St. Mary's in Rottingdean, when FOLO and CMO moved down to Rottingdean near Brighton, but I haven't been able to confirm this. I wonder if anyone else knows?

I am sure Stonelands was haunted. If one were to walk around her during the day when everyone else was out, with only Mick Parkee for company in the galley, you could really feel something in various places around the house all over.
:woohoo::nailbiting::hide::shock::faint::scared::ghost::ghost::bump2:

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
The nursery, loved the wooden panels. There was a pretty young nanny who slept on a mattress on the floor in there. The place was full of toys left over from the little Hubbards. Wonderful 50's toys, aeroplanes just like OT3, maybe that's where he got the idea. They were once expensive toys and they treated with no respect by the kids, and I thought, ''well good for them'' all they got to play with was cast offs. It was a beautiful house that stank of used nappies. A shame indeed. But the biggest shame was the kids who were allowed to see a parent, for up to two hours, and the rest of the time they were herded around in large loud groups.

Hi LLLL, do you mean the nursery at Stonelands. I don't recall the Nursery building having wooden panels. The building was a more modern one at the front and then later on another building at the back? We didn't have any toys from LRH's kids either. Was there one at the Manor maybe? I am intrigued ?:yes:

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Another peaceful memory: Mick Parkee himself. :yes: What a beautiful person. Loved by all, especially the children. When my daughter, Kirstin, had to do conditions and work in the kitchen with him, she didn't mind at all.

solo

Patron with Honors
Well, I should love someone else to back this up because I think I saw this ghost, and I would love someone else to report their having seen her too. The ballroom has been cleared for a large party we had (Dulloldfart wrote about this separately) and no-one was about. I used to get a little spooked down this end of the house on this ground floor and the one upstairs... no idea why, except for the fact it was colder and darker perhaps, and also by the back staircase. However, I walked into the ballroom and sitting right in front of the fireplace was an old woman rocking in a rocking chair. The chair was creaking, and she was just rocking to-and-fro with a peaceful grin on her face. I actually felt quite peaceful and not scared. Then as I was watching her, she just slowly started to disappear, then she was gone.

I have tried finding out more about the house but can't really find much. I think it used to be a school at some point possibly, with nuns as teachers like St. Mary's in Rottingdean, when FOLO and CMO moved down to Rottingdean near Brighton, but I haven't been able to confirm this. I wonder if anyone else knows?

I am sure Stonelands was haunted. If one were to walk around her during the day when everyone else was out, with only Mick Parkee for company in the galley, you could really feel something in various places around the house all over.
:woohoo::nailbiting::hide::shock::faint::scared::ghost::ghost::bump2:

Sorry, I never saw her, but I vaguely remember someone else posting a while ago about seeing a ghost. I'm just not sure if it was at Stonelands and I can't find the thread just now. If I find it I'll post a link.

Anyway, if there was ever a house that cried out to be haunted, it was Stonelands, for sure!

Solo

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
The nursery at Stonelands, yes modern building it had wood around the windows it was like cheap plywood shuttering, but a rich brown, big patterns in the wood no idea what wood it was, truly lovely. the toys, that must have been 1974 or 1975 they didn't last long. I remember someone saying how Quentin used to play with them.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Another peaceful memory: Mick Parkee himself. :yes: What a beautiful person. Loved by all, especially the children. When my daughter, Kirstin, had to do conditions and work in the kitchen with him, she didn't mind at all.

Dear Mick, he made our lives a little less stressful. He was so giving, even when he was a little cross! When we had to wash up in the evenings when we were on the RPF, he was always there to support us. I remember once having the most God awful headache, and he gave me Chinese salted plums, and do you know, they did work. Where did Mick end up I wonder? Did he go back to Australia, or did he end up in the States?

:unsure:

Crashed Alien

Patron with Honors
No. All I remember was that bit about it's the starter in a fluorescent tube that uses all the power and once it's alight the tube uses nothing, so it's best to leave all the (fluorescent) lights on and never turn them off. [I'm not saying this was true in the 70s but that's what Ted Dunn reported].

Still true now for fluorescent tubes - The starter uses a good wallop of power and is then pretty much idle once the light is on. Turn the light off and it all starts again.

Crash

Crashed Alien

Patron with Honors
Dart...you can't just drop that bombshell on us...a little more info, please!

What year was this? Where was he from and about how old was he? Who was in charge? Were emergency services called, was he taken to a Doctor, ever? Was there a Police investigation? Publicity? Was there a flap? Outcome of Coroner's report? What about his family, did they raise a fuss? Sue?

Willful and deliberate denial of medical care to a chronically ill person with a life-threatening illness probably rises to the level of negligent homicide. Was there a cover up?

Do tell.

This is one Scientology death that I had not heard about until you mentioned it here.

More details, please...for history.

Anybody else who knows anything about this, please feel free to chime in!

I think I remember Pedro... Didn't he have split thumbs?

Crash

Crashed Alien

Patron with Honors
I loved reading this. I studied English and Theatre at University, and when I came out I started a company called "Just Imagine". Rather than my telling children a story, I wanted to hear their stories. I went into schools with a dressing up box, a treasure chest of "jewellery" and coloured pens, paper and photos of people's faces. The children then just simply used their imagination to create wonderful stories. I am inspired by the imagination of children, and if you sit back and watch a child who discovers something for the first time, it is truly a wonderful sight to behold. I know exactly what you mean about this age of innocence, and that is why I think it is so important to continue to read our children bed time stories; eat lunch/dinner together as a family (we don't always manage this ourselves), and go out and explore nature so children can continue to create and imagine all their lives!

I know it isn't important but it would be lovely to know who the little girl was who followed you around. How sweet and tender. I like that thought. You just needed to add a little dog and you would have had the foundations for an adventure book!:yes::lol::ship::runaround::horse::witch2::hamster::baby1:

I love kids too...

I read to my children and also eat around the table - I could not agree more, it is very important.

I really don't know who the little girl was... I was just a little boy. Things such as names, and even words sometimes were not really important then.

All I remember was her flowery dress, usually a slightly dirty face, big eyes and little teeth... Wavy hair, possibly, but now the memories are a bit vague.

When we would sit with our feet in the water (hoping that the water boatmen would not bite us!) we were both too shy to take all our clothes off - It didn't seem proper anyway - So she would sit there in her knickers, me in my undies! Our clothes folded neatly on the small seat.

The water was very cold, excellent in the hot sun! I remember that the most.

We were friends, just as children are and should be - Care free... No funny business... I hope she is OK and hope she missed out on anything nasty...

Crash

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dear Mick, he made our lives a little less stressful. He was so giving, even when he was a little cross! When we had to wash up in the evenings when we were on the RPF, he was always there to support us. I remember once having the most God awful headache, and he gave me Chinese salted plums, and do you know, they did work. Where did Mick end up I wonder? Did he go back to Australia, or did he end up in the States?

:unsure:

When I was last ‘on lines’ at St Hill, Mick was working in the AO. Had a brief conversation with him a few years ago and there was none of this “What are you doing to help us?” – he seemed genuinely interested in how I was doing.

I always liked Mick – he was very down-to-earth, you didn’t get any BS from him.

I first met him when I was joined the SO in ’86. He was the CO of the Estates Org (the org that was responsible for maintaining the grounds of St Hill, all the buildings, providing transport and even all the food) and being on the EPF we often worked for Mick or his staff.

Not sure how he ended up with that job as he was ‘OT’ and had previously worked with Hubbard, and I’m not sure that he really wanted it. Rather a thankless task as Estates were never given the full allocation from the orgs, yet everyone moaned if the food wasn’t very good or the busses didn’t turn up on time.

Axiom142

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Pedro Doria, don't remember his thumbs. Soobash Sood, he was and Indian Doctor on lines as public about 1980, he had double thumbs. Nice guy from what I remember.

Mick Parkee is a saint. One of those very rare people that remain human despite management. A man with integrity.

Terril park

Sponsor
When I was last ‘on lines’ at St Hill, Mick was working in the AO. Had a brief conversation with him a few years ago and there was none of this “What are you doing to help us?” – he seemed genuinely interested in how I was doing.

I always liked Mick – he was very down-to-earth, you didn’t get any BS from him.

I first met him when I was joined the SO in ’86. He was the CO of the Estates Org (the org that was responsible for maintaining the grounds of St Hill, all the buildings, providing transport and even all the food) and being on the EPF we often worked for Mick or his staff.

Not sure how he ended up with that job as he was ‘OT’ and had previously worked with Hubbard, and I’m not sure that he really wanted it. Rather a thankless task as Estates were never given the full allocation from the orgs, yet everyone moaned if the food wasn’t very good or the busses didn’t turn up on time.

Axiom142

I believe Mick is dead and reported here.

solo

Patron with Honors
I believe Mick is dead and reported here.

Terril,

can you remember where you saw this? I have searched for anything about it but nothing came up. I hate to talk about people being dead when they're not..... (it wouldn't be the first time)!

Mick Parkee shows up on the electoral roll at Walsh Manor from 2006-2012, but that isn't concrete evidence.

I'm sure I've said it before, but I really liked Mick, he was a good friend and a really genuine person. I'd rather hear news of him leaving the SO and having a great time going to the races with his girlfriend!

Solo

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril,

can you remember where you saw this? I have searched for anything about it but nothing came up. I hate to talk about people being dead when they're not..... (it wouldn't be the first time)!

Mick Parkee shows up on the electoral roll at Walsh Manor from 2006-2012, but that isn't concrete evidence.

I'm sure I've said it before, but I really liked Mick, he was a good friend and a really genuine person. I'd rather hear news of him leaving the SO and having a great time going to the races with his girlfriend!

Solo

I can't remember. I may have been mistaken.

solo

Patron with Honors
I was remembering Peter Morgan today, after a post on another thread, and suddenly a memory came back of a sunny afternoon or early evening at Stonelands, when a group of us sat out on the grass at the front of the house, with Peter playing guitar. It was a very special time and it was lovely to recall us all singing "Summertime" and enjoying the company and the place.

Solo