What's new

Through the Door 10th Year Anniversary

ethercat

Cat in flight
I am pleased to say that Through the Door will celebrate its 10th Year Anniversary on March 28, 2012. I appreciate everyone who has done the interview there. You deserve a big THANK YOU! You have truly made the site what it is.

http://alley.ethercat.com/door/index.html
or
http://ThroughTheDoor.net

To the people who haven't done the interview: Consider this a stats push, ladies and gentlemen, and I am your reg.

There are currently 292 interviews there - I need to see 300 by the anniversary date. That's only 8 interviews needed to reach the target goal. I need anyone who hasn't done the interview to go now, and pull out all the stops to do it. Smash through all the barriers, and Keep Through the Door working!

Haha, just kidding, but I really would like to reach 300 by the anniversary, so if you haven't done one, and I know there are people here who haven't, please do one. Thanks, everyone!

TG1

Angelic Poster
Ethercat,

I only just learned this morning about your site from Tiger Lily (on another thread).

http://alley.ethercat.com/door/

Your interviewing tool is great and provides useful information contributed by ex-Scientologists and ex-Co$ers to anyone (researchers, lurkers, seekers and onion-peelers) wanting to understand why people have left the Church of Scientology.

Thank you so much for creating this. It's really extraordinary.

TG1

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Your site was the first one I ever posted on, I hadn't found ESMB. I was so very scared and excited at the same time and posting there was truly a huge step. Thankyou so much for all the work you have done!

:thankyou:

ethercat

Cat in flight
Thank you all. And thanks for all the "likes" and "thank yous". It's so rewarding to know how much people appreciate the site.

TG1, I'm not around often enough to know everyone, but thanks for the very complimentary words. :cloud9: I'll keep an eye out for your posts while I'm reading here.

Claire: :flowers: 'nuff said, I hope. It's been so cool watching you grow and develop out of "Entity Claire" as you were called when you first appeared on ARS so many years ago. Life is better out here, isn't it.

Free to shine, I've heard that from a couple of other people too, and I won't mention names, but know that you're in good company. I'm glad you trusted the site enough to post there.

La La Lou Lou: Yes, there have been 2 more interviews since #292.

I used to let them go through automatically, but the spammers started hitting it badly a few years ago and I set it up so I get the interview in email, add it manually (copy and paste) to the file they're stored in, then upload it to the server. I don't always have time to do this immediately, but be sure, they will get on there.

Thank you Mustapha Commev and Phoenix! Only 6 more needed now.

6 more!! Please! :coolwink:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Ethercat!!! How great to see you!! Great site of course - one of the first places I ever put my stuff out there

Thank you all. And thanks for all the "likes" and "thank yous". It's so rewarding to know how much people appreciate the site.

TG1, I'm not around often enough to know everyone, but thanks for the very complimentary words. :cloud9: I'll keep an eye out for your posts while I'm reading here.

Claire: :flowers: 'nuff said, I hope. It's been so cool watching you grow and develop out of "Entity Claire" as you were called when you first appeared on ARS so many years ago. Life is better out here, isn't it.

Free to shine, I've heard that from a couple of other people too, and I won't mention names, but know that you're in good company. I'm glad you trusted the site enough to post there.

La La Lou Lou: Yes, there have been 2 more interviews since #292.

I used to let them go through automatically, but the spammers started hitting it badly a few years ago and I set it up so I get the interview in email, add it manually (copy and paste) to the file they're stored in, then upload it to the server. I don't always have time to do this immediately, but be sure, they will get on there.

Thank you Mustapha Commev and Phoenix! Only 6 more needed now.

6 more!! Please! :coolwink:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've said this before, but this thread is a good place to say it again.

It was THIS site that started my road out. I was still a true believer but wanted to buy a book I couldn't get at the Org (Small Common Words from KTL) so I did a Google search and and this site came up. I didn't initially realize it was "entheta" -- I saw "Through the Door" and thought of the door on the Orientation video opening up to eternity (I guess it was really "ethernity" that I was about to discover). :wink2: I thought it was going to be someone's success story :blink:

By the time I realized I was on an entheta site I was too curious. . . the first interview that came up was from ESMB's Alanzo, using his real name -- someone I had known personally while "in", who had been a dedicated Scientologist and great mentor to me. I was shocked, and the shell started to crack. It took me a while to come back and read the rest, but by the time I finished those interviews, I was well on my way to that clear mind I'd been looking for.

So glad you are doing this Ethercat -- I can't imagine how many people you've helped.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Ethercat, is there a list on your site of the names (whatever name they gave) of the interviewees? I can't remember if I did one or not, but I don't want to read through 295 pages to see.

Paul

ethercat

Cat in flight
Ethercat!!! How great to see you!! Great site of course - one of the first places I ever put my stuff out there

Mick, good to see you too. You, too, have made a lot of difference for people with the ex-Sea Org list, and before, back when you were Deomorto on ARS. You were early, #34: http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?34 Thanks for helping to get the snowball rolling. :yes:

It was THIS site that started my road out. I was still a true believer but wanted to buy a book I couldn't get at the Org (Small Common Words from KTL) so I did a Google search and and this site came up. I didn't initially realize it was "entheta" -- I saw "Through the Door" and thought of the door on the Orientation video opening up to eternity (I guess it was really "ethernity" that I was about to discover). :wink2: I thought it was going to be someone's success story :blink:

Tiger Lily - it was someone's success story; it was many people's success stories. You just wouldn't have thought so at the time. How fortuitous it was that you landed on the story of someone you knew.

I never knew about the book, Small Common Words, but I do remember when my ex-friend came back from LA, where they sent him to do KTL along with a bunch of other staff-making stuff (and to be away from his family and friends so it would "take"), he was absolutely obsessed with the word "of" and its definition. He asked if I really knew what "of" meant - my reply, "it shows possession, or a quality" just was not good enough for him. I forget the outcome of that conversation (it's been 20 years), but he was never the same after he came back. Of course, I was used to his rapid personality changes by then, and this was just another change.

I hope one day, Through the Door, and ESMB, will be able to help him, and that he'll be in a frame of mind to accept the help.

I'm so glad the site has helped so many people - it makes up for me not being able to help my friend.

ethercat

Cat in flight
Ethercat, is there a list on your site of the names (whatever name they gave) of the interviewees? I can't remember if I did one or not, but I don't want to read through 295 pages to see.

Paul

Paul, I think AnonLover may have a list on her Exit Zone site, let me look... Yes, it's on her scribd site: http://www.scribd.com/collections/2736912/Scientology-Through-The-Door-Interviews

It's in two parts and covers through #280. I'd love to have yours too, if you haven't done it already.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Yah, Ethercat, I thought you a.r.s. people were pretty scary, at first. Didn't take me long to find out how lovable so many of you actually were (and are).

Isn't it funny how a group (which practices a philosophy etc etc and all that jazz) that supposedly teaches about "being able to have anything" and "confront" and communication and that sort of thing- a group that inveighs against fear mongering- turns its members into some extremely fearful people? And, what's even funnier (not in a humorous way, unless you're a Swazey and therefore have a truly perverse sense of humor) is that this seems to have been intended.

Very nice to talk to you again.

Many many hugs!

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Mick, good to see you too. You, too, have made a lot of difference for people with the ex-Sea Org list, and before, back when you were Deomorto on ARS. You were early, #34: http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?34 Thanks for helping to get the snowball rolling. :yes:

... snippage cos it has nothing to with ME (lol)

I'm so glad the site has helped so many people - it makes up for me not being able to help my friend.

Well ethercat - let me say you were the first place I opened up using my own name - I just read my answers and wow - I agree with them!!

You started the avalanche that resulted in XSO - a small item but finally XSO people have a place to just talk it out.

Take a bow my friend and, should you ever get your ass to Colorado you have one hell of an evening's drinking ahead of you.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Well ethercat - let me say you were the first place I opened up using my own name - I just read my answers and wow - I agree with them!!

You started the avalanche that resulted in XSO - a small item but finally XSO people have a place to just talk it out.

Take a bow my friend and, should you ever get your ass to Colorado you have one hell of an evening's drinking ahead of you.

Don't underestimate XSO.

It was huge.

HUGE.

I'm on vaca visiting my mom in Florida, and I've kind of had time to ruminate. It's interesting how this stuff snowballs.

The whole momentum that the Cook case has...it wouldn't be possible except for what came before it.

The original info on the web about The Hole came from BFG. He came out on ESMB and Clambake.

The original sites that started everything...

In the beginning there was ARS. And only ARS. Eventually there was Clambake and XSO. Eventually ESMB came along; then Enturbulation.org and WWP.

They all mattered. They all were hugely important.

What is going on now, to me, has some kind of a virtual structure holding it up of people and information and evidence. We know that, if push comes to shove, and we need people to testify that such-and-such actually existed, or something actually happened...it's there. We have posts and stories and people. In no small part due to these sites.

Andreas and Mick and Emma, among others, are owed a debt of tremendous gratitude for what they have done to put a line there where communication can occur.

You are heros.

ethercat

Cat in flight
Yah, Ethercat, I thought you a.r.s. people were pretty scary, at first. Didn't take me long to find out how lovable so many of you actually were (and are).

I would never have known you were scared; I can think of other adjectives, but scared isn't one of them.

Isn't it funny how a group (which practices a philosophy etc etc and all that jazz) that supposedly teaches about "being able to have anything" and "confront" and communication and that sort of thing- a group that inveighs against fear mongering- turns its members into some extremely fearful people? And, what's even funnier (not in a humorous way, unless you're a Swazey and therefore have a truly perverse sense of humor) is that this seems to have been intended.

Like they say, hide it in plain sight. :coolwink:

Thanks, Mick, I'll keep that in mind. It would be an honor. Just so long as I don't end up at narconon after all that drinking. :omg:

I have this dream. One day, this cult will fall apart, and we'll all have a gigantic party worldwide. There will be critics and exes and indies and FZers, journalists and lawyers and investigators and academics. Everyone will be welcome, no one will be excuded, and there will be no worries of OSA spies, plants, pc folders, or retaliation. No one else will be hurt by the cult or its front groups, and we'll dance in the streets with nothing to hide, till the sun comes up to greet a new day.

Commander Birdsong: so glad it helped - btw, did you know your sig links are down?

Thanks James, every little bit helps - and yours is more than a little bit.

Don't underestimate XSO.

It was huge.

HUGE.

Absolutely agree. The avalanche can't be stopped now.

What is going on now, to me, has some kind of a virtual structure holding it up of people and information and evidence. We know that, if push comes to shove, and we need people to testify that such-and-such actually existed, or something actually happened...it's there. We have posts and stories and people.

Very true, and it may well come to that at some point. Although I do have to agree with Claire about considering people heroes. Isn't that what got a lot of people into this in the first place? In addition, when names are listed, important people are inevitably omitted.

Everyone matters. Even some we don't know about. Everyone.