What's new

How to Leave?!

Originally Posted by XenusChild View Post
Text I just got-"I guess I could text you everyday until we are old and grey and hopefully one day you will tell me what happened ;]".

Was that from a churchie? If so, it's a relatively pleasant text, considering.

Not so pleasant to me...also includes the implied threat...that I'm going to be persistent and text you every day until you tell me what I want to know...HELLO STALKER!!! :no: :omg:

Sad, really.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Originally Posted by XenusChild View Post
Text I just got-"I guess I could text you everyday until we are old and grey and hopefully one day you will tell me what happened ;]".

Not so pleasant to me...also includes the implied threat...that I'm going to be persistent and text you every day until you tell me what I want to know...HELLO STALKER!!! :no: :omg:

Sad, really.

Oh, I see what you mean. I really do.

I guess when I first read it, I pictured someone saying, gee, even if I asked you again and again, this wouldn't get ironed out. Sort of a rueful thing. But rereading it and reading your interpretation, I think you very well could be correct.

Texts are cryptic anyway, but we do know that the cult nags and harasses, and that's not even the worst of it.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Oh, I see what you mean. I really do.

I guess when I first read it, I pictured someone saying, gee, even if I asked you again and again, this wouldn't get ironed out. Sort of a rueful thing. But rereading it and reading your interpretation, I think you very well could be correct.

Texts are cryptic anyway, but we do know that the cult nags and harasses, and that's not even the worst of it.

The winky emoticon made me think your original interpretation but who knows. The winky could be a fuckin' witcha wink.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Some days I'm tempted to just post a link to an article critical of Scientology on Facebook, and say something like "whoa, this sounds crazy!", ya know, so the people that don't know I was a member still won't know, and I can still have the current members see some entheta, haha, crazy/weird?

Also minutes after I posted the last post, I got another text from the dude in the Academy, and a call from the dissem secretary. They seem desperate or something these days, I mean, I haven' been back/spoken to them since November, and they're still at it...

The youtube videos from Jenna Miscavige's (DM's niece) appearances on The View and Anderson Cooper would be perfect.

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
The youtube videos from Jenna Miscavige's (DM's niece) appearances on The View and Anderson Cooper would be perfect.

Nice, I didn't even know she did those. I'll look into them. I definitely will be posting something soon, since I know they check my FB.

Also, email I got two days ago from one of the people in the HGC:

Subject: Hey!

Ok so prob everyone is stalking you basically? I got you (sic) back her (sic) cuz you (name) and I bonded when you did your life repair. Lemme know what's up and if you're interested in continuing her (sic) or not?

Best, (name) :)

Something tells me that even though I respond and say, No, I'm not interested in continuing there, it wouldn't just end at that...right?

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
AND, just got a letter in the mail from the Dissem Secretary (the guy who takes my money/said Scientology was more important than my grad school entrance exam):

Dear (name),

Please find the enclosed success story on your Success Through Communication Course. Does this sound familiar?
What happened?

Best,

(Name)
Registration

And he enclosed the success story, and a pamphlet for Scientology: Milestone One. So first, the STCC supervisor Facebook messaged me a copy of the success story a few weeks ago, now I get a copy of it in the mail from someone else. This just keeps getting more amusing to me.

TG1

Angelic Poster
This is all pretty funny to me, too, Xenu's Child.

Poor pathetic cultists. They LUV you! They want your ATTENSHUN! They want you to GET IN COMM!

Fuck that shit. Keep ignoring their sorry asses.

:roflmao:

TG1

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Something to consider--

Sending letters back to them, unopened, with "Refused" written on them.

Other people I know have taken the postage paid stuff and taped it to bricks. Personally, I always take a sharpy and write something to the effect that I know they want to blow and there is help at 1-866-XSEA-ORG. Then I send it back.

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
It can be a bit tougher to leave when on staff than when just taking courses and whatnot.

But I think the same method could be used either way. I would say to just leave and take no calls from them. Don't talk to them about it. You'll end up being argued with, being sent to ethics, being "handled", being put on routing forms. I know, cuz I've experienced all that- as have many others here.

If it were me, and I had it to do all over again (I've left twice. Once when on staff- I "blew"- and once as a public) I would just stop coming in. If you have caller id, that can help with call screening. Screen your calls. Change your number if you have to. If you have cell and landline but they only have one of the numbers, screen the calls and mainly use the other line til you get your number changed, if you decide to do so.

They may send someone around to your home to talk to you. Tell them you have nothing to say. Look bored when you say it. Not angry, not thrilled, just bored. My husband has said in the past that one should "stonewall" when in those situations.

I honestly think that's the best approach, from what I've seen, from what others have described to me about their experiences and from my own experiences.

From "Office Space":

Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
Joanna: Oh, really? About an hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?
Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.
Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...
Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.
Joanna: Well, so what do you wanna do?
Peter Gibbons: I wanna take you out to dinner, and then I wanna go back to my apartment and watch 'Kung Fu'. Do you ever watch 'Kung Fu'?
Joanna: I love 'Kung Fu'.
Peter Gibbons: Channel 39.
Joanna: Totally.
Peter Gibbons: You should come over and watch 'Kung Fu' tonight.
Joanna: Ok.
[Peter nods]
Joanna: Ok. Can we order lunch first?
[Peter nods again]
Joanna: Ok.

Just leave. Immediately. Staff or no, you really don't have any of the obligations you think you have to them at all. Don't worry about "freeloader debt" (doesn't really exist, and you don't care, you won't be back to beg anyway), don't route out, just go away from them and recover your life.

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
I like how we're set to be hit by a hurricane here in the NYC area, and they STILL try to "get in comm" with me today...maybe they just want to make sure I'm okay for the storm? :yes:

Did I mention how a day or two after Hurricane Sandy, when millions were still without power (including myself), and were just trying to survive, they called and asked me to "make a flow" (i.e. give money) for my services? :no:

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Just leave. Walk away and do it quietly. Ignore the phone calls (or get another phone number), bin the mail, stop turning up for courses. Don't make too much of a scene, just disappear. Don't give them a single penny. I've only read the first page so I'm hoping your out already.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Just leave. Walk away and do it quietly. Ignore the phone calls (or get another phone number), bin the mail, stop turning up for courses. Don't make too much of a scene, just disappear. Don't give them a single penny. I've only read the first page so I'm hoping your out already.

Tl;dr version - the OP blew but the harrassment remains relentless. OP has been posting some of the comm here but as far as he knows he's not been ID'd. OSA must be loosing their touch.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Tl;dr version - the OP blew but the harrassment remains relentless. OP has been posting some of the comm here but as far as he knows he's not been ID'd. OSA must be loosing their touch.

OK, I've read through some old posts.

Xenu's Child, if you want out do not reply to any of it. That is what they are trying to get you do, get in touch with them one way or another so they can either a; Handle you b; Get more information from you they use against you if you turn against you or c; Discover the source of the "entheta" you have received.

Ignore, ignore, ignore!!!!

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
WELL, It has been awhile.

Nothing really has changed since I last updated. I still get on average 1-2 attempts at contact per day, whether it's letters, Facebook messages, emails, phone calls, or texts. All are ignored. They really are very interesting. Why don't I share some!

Text from Registration guy-"are you still working at the ___ downtown?"

Text from Academy guy-"how's it going ____?"

Text from extension c/s-"hey man" (in addition to a card in the mail every week saying I didn't turn in an assignment, LOL) Also, as I'm typing this, he called me.

FB message from staff recruiter-"hey ___, random question: did Scientology help you with anything?"

Letter in the mail from Registration guy-" Dear ___, Where are you? Best, ____" (yes, that's all it said). With a brochure for extension courses included.

Emails from...someone (don't know what her position is)-1st-"Hello ___, Please call me, I have a question about your Basics. Thanks. Best, ___". The next day, email 2-"Hi ___, I am very concerned that you are not getting back to any of us. Are you ok? What is preventing you from continuing on your services or at least communicating with us? Best, ___".

FB message today from STCC C/S-"I see that you've 'Seen' my messages but then don't reply, so I get that you really don't want to speak with me, and that's fine. What brought you to feel this way?"

TG1

Angelic Poster
My favorite ...

FB message today from STCC C/S-"I see that you've 'Seen' my messages but then don't reply, so I get that you really don't want to speak with me, and that's fine. What brought you to feel this way?"

:hysterical:

TG1

Gib

Crusader
WELL, It has been awhile.

Nothing really has changed since I last updated. I still get on average 1-2 attempts at contact per day, whether it's letters, Facebook messages, emails, phone calls, or texts. All are ignored. They really are very interesting. Why don't I share some!

Text from Registration guy-"are you still working at the ___ downtown?"

Text from Academy guy-"how's it going ____?"

Text from extension c/s-"hey man" (in addition to a card in the mail every week saying I didn't turn in an assignment, LOL) Also, as I'm typing this, he called me.

FB message from staff recruiter-"hey ___, random question: did Scientology help you with anything?"

Letter in the mail from Registration guy-" Dear ___, Where are you? Best, ____" (yes, that's all it said). With a brochure for extension courses included.

Emails from...someone (don't know what her position is)-1st-"Hello ___, Please call me, I have a question about your Basics. Thanks. Best, ___". The next day, email 2-"Hi ___, I am very concerned that you are not getting back to any of us. Are you ok? What is preventing you from continuing on your services or at least communicating with us? Best, ___".

get the jason beghe you tube video, go to the point when jason says " show me a mother fuck'in clear". Next time one calls, answer and put your phone on your computer speaker and play that jason clip. :cheers:.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I feel sorry for the Ronbots who keep on trying to get in comm with you: their cult leader has been dead and gone for 27 years, and they've got NOTHING new to offer, just the same tired old formula. It only takes a week or two to see that; afterward, ignoring them has become second nature.