What's new

Battle Of Britain - 1974

Cakebread

Hi there
Yes my guy was Andy, and his brother was Robert. They worked for someone called David but I can't remember his second name. I delivered leaflets for the same company door-to-door for about 6 months. I think Jay Hurwitz was part of the company as well - or am I making that up? Unfortunately I haven't seen or heard of Andy for years - I did google his name once (a rare surname is usually good for a google) but could only find a Robert Shimield who worked for the NHS, I've no idea if it is the right person so didn't feel I had the right to bother him. Andy used to be a keen photographer, and apparently now he also writes Haiku poetry - I found his name attached to a magazine published in London, so I guess he still lives there. I'd love to know what happened to him, if anyone knows.
Did we know each other? Julie

Pretty sure the David was David Banks - he was on London Foundation and had a cleaning company which he made fairly successful. He was married to Pat Banks. Jay did work there as well.

Cakebread

Allan Easson I saw at flag in the mid eighties, he's been persuaded to replace himself and get to the US where he'd have a job in advance mag or gold or something that sounded wonderfull, then he replaced a printer to go to gold or somewhere and was stuck in the printing room. He wasnt best pleased.
Really nice guy, another abused person.

Yes I remember hearing dear computer, it was a good record! She had a good voice. Hope she's doing well.

So much wasted and abused tallent!

La La
Hello! This is Anji - checking in from a small island off the coast of Washington State.john Harry Watson also lives on this island and suggested I check in.

fun to read the posts and wonder who the people are. I was in London from '72 - 76 ish. Yes, I can still recite 1412 45R - LRH Com UK issue as LRH Com IUK - We're going up wile the works goes down....

Would love to know what happened to Allan
Eason, but Tony Rockcliffe is in California and is one of my Facebook friends.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Hi Battle of Britain fans,some memory jogging names...some may be from before or after.
I've missed plenty out, any ideas?

London Day staff at various times in History

Pam Thorn (Hurwitz) {ED}
Jay Hurwitz {D/ED?}
Lesley Farrow (Simons) {HAS}
John Simons
Jerry Zacks {F/R?}
Richard Kaminski {Dir comm then off to Flag ship}
Dorothy (pretty black girl with very square shoulders)
Winnie Lawrence
John Lawrence (not related)
Paul Alexander
Tom Morgan {Dssm Sec}
Hamish Bulger {Body Reg}
Lorna Humphries (Walker) {ASR}
Lynne Freeman (McKague) {ARCX Reg}
Ron Bacon {Letter reg}
Peter Rush {AGF}
Nick Davis {RPF}
Gary Buckingham {Letter Reg}
Gerardo Castillo {CF}
Sue Loder {Treas Sec}
Annick Robergeon (Davis) {Tres Sec}
Vicky Bridges (Drummond) {Tres Sec}
Richard Davis {Auditor}
Brian Wingate {ED}
Cathy Zacks {D of P}
Kathy Freeman
Fred Drummond
Glen Walker {Basic cse sup}
Loraine Suffrin (Bulger)
Malcolm {Course sup}
Lesley
Peter Buttery {C/S}
Kate Buttery
Lesl Schuster
Dave Allington {CS}
Berry Allington
Anna Kaminska (Hill)
Jan King
John Harry Watson {Qual Sec}
Anji Cakebread (Watson)
Lindy Cakebread (Morgan)
Rod Melvin (Qual)
Joanna Melvin
Steve Merrowsmith
Paul Adams (ED)
Sharon Kloss
Mark Kloss
David Lock
Maarit Borg (Lock)
Fred Davis (PES)
P Burke (Body router)
Helenka Kryschevska (something like that) (Alexander) (Shimield) {Public Reg}
Ged McGuire {Body Router}
Avril Dunne
Ian Rennie
Joanne Klussien {Body Router}
Rodney Adams
Beryl Garside (aka burial graveside){GO}
Mark Garside {GO}
Tony Phipps
Tony Brown {HAS}
Bob Ainsworth {Auditor}
Linzy Ainsworth {Letter Reg}

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Dulloldfart, woops that must be the wrong name, yes I didn't mean you, you were too busy in saint hill to run the org in London, I meant Paul Alexander, didn't I?

To my 'fans', yes I've been on a holiday from the board, I really needed the chance to hang my memories out to air, I shall be forever grateful for this site. I made more case gain from exposing my views here than I did in a very large stack of pointless PC folders. However I can't just define myself as someone who used to be a scientologist. I am getting on with life and all that kind of stuff. I just thought that a list of people that used to be around might help someone else remember that lovely time, the searching through ashtrays for something to smoke and the false reporting to earn a few more minutes of sleep, the living like tramps and hating yourself for not having enough guts to say ''sod you lot, I'm off''.

OMG, what a list! I knew most of these people and could update you on some of them. How did you compile this? That's amazing.

And BTW, VWD.

John Harry

Hi Battle of Britain fans,some memory jogging names...some may be from before or after.
I've missed plenty out, any ideas?

London Day staff at various times in History

Pam Thorn (Hurwitz) {ED}
Jay Hurwitz {D/ED?}
Lesley Farrow (Simons) {HAS}
John Simons
Jerry Zacks {F/R?}
Richard Kaminski {Dir comm then off to Flag ship}
Dorothy (pretty black girl with very square shoulders)
Winnie Lawrence
John Lawrence (not related)
Paul Alexander
Tom Morgan {Dssm Sec}
Hamish Bulger {Body Reg}
Lorna Humphries (Walker) {ASR}
Lynne Freeman (McKague) {ARCX Reg}
Ron Bacon {Letter reg}
Peter Rush {AGF}
Nick Davis {RPF}
Gary Buckingham {Letter Reg}
Gerardo Castillo {CF}
Sue Loder {Treas Sec}
Annick Robergeon (Davis) {Tres Sec}
Vicky Bridges (Drummond) {Tres Sec}
Richard Davis {Auditor}
Brian Wingate {ED}
Cathy Zacks {D of P}
Kathy Freeman
Fred Drummond
Glen Walker {Basic cse sup}
Loraine Suffrin (Bulger)
Malcolm {Course sup}
Lesley
Peter Buttery {C/S}
Kate Buttery
Lesl Schuster
Dave Allington {CS}
Berry Allington
Anna Kaminska (Hill)
Jan King
John Harry Watson {Qual Sec}
Anji Cakebread (Watson)
Lindy Cakebread (Morgan)
Rod Melvin (Qual)
Joanna Melvin
Steve Merrowsmith
Paul Adams (ED)
Sharon Kloss
Mark Kloss
David Lock
Maarit Borg (Lock)
Fred Davis (PES)
P Burke (Body router)
Helenka Kryschevska (something like that) (Alexander) (Shimield) {Public Reg}
Ged McGuire {Body Router}
Avril Dunne
Ian Rennie
Joanne Klussien {Body Router}
Rodney Adams
Beryl Garside (aka burial graveside){GO}
Mark Garside {GO}
Tony Phipps
Tony Brown {HAS}
Bob Ainsworth {Auditor}
Linzy Ainsworth {Letter Reg}

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
OMG, what a list! I knew most of these people and could update you on some of them. How did you compile this? That's amazing.

And BTW, VWD.

John Harry

Thanks JHW, no one has given me a VWD for a long time!

The list was from memory, it took a while, I can remember a lot of things about that period, very little about yesterday's breakfast. It's amazing how much a person can remember when trying.

I also remember the almost golden virginia packet green colour painted on qual's walls, and the weird pinky yellow colour from the street lights outside through those slatted glass windows. I'm good at colours, strangely I always thought I was crap at names. It would be nice to hear news about the people. If it's BPI. I'm sure many of them are full OT with special powers. The more their names are mentioned the more googleable they become. The more likely they are to find this site.:yes:

solo

Patron with Honors
Hi La La and JHW! Nice to see you!

I thought of Helen Barlow (GO). Also Malcolm and Lesley were Malcolm Watson and Lesley Murray, yes? Also there was "Hi, I'm Randy", what was his last name? And someone called Jeff, possibly an auditor or supervisor.

Alf and Nicky Mendoza?

Ivan Obolensky - was he ever on staff?

I remember Joanne Klussein being carried back into the org from the test line in a heap.

Great thread, how we love to reminisce!

Solo

still here

Patron with Honors
Hi JHW - I really remember your name!
I knew Beryl and Mike Garside - but when they were at SH.

For a short time, I shared an office with Beryl and we really got on - (it was a little shed actually..not far from the Canteen). Oddly I have no idea what post I was on!! (it must have been awful!)

I liked Mike too. during my time with Beryl in our cosy person shed.... we were summoned to the "Big Briefing" about David Mayo being declared...and (I cannot remember timescales), GOWW disappeared one night. (closely linked in my head as these two events really gave me a jolt and I suddenly thought we had all been conned....)

I spent the rest of the day after the briefing sounding Beryl out, (very carefully) as I knew she was intelligent and bright..and although she could not deny my hints that this was all a bit far fetched...she shrugged it off. I knew then it was over for me, and I was sad for her.

Whatever happened to her?

Still

Terril park

Sponsor

For a short time, I shared an office with Beryl and we really got on - (it was a little shed actually..not far from the Canteen). Oddly I have no idea what post I was on!! (it must have been awful!)

I liked Mike too. during my time with Beryl in our cosy person shed.... we were summoned to the "Big Briefing" about David Mayo being declared...and (I cannot remember timescales), GOWW disappeared one night. (closely linked in my head as these two events really gave me a jolt and I suddenly thought we had all been conned....)

I spent the rest of the day after the briefing sounding Beryl out, (very carefully) as I knew she was intelligent and bright..and although she could not deny my hints that this was all a bit far fetched...she shrugged it off. I knew then it was over for me, and I was sad for her.

Still

Was Berry a cute blonde? Was on course with someone of that description. I
keenly remember her asking to be bullbaited by Jean Louis Comain [spelling,french guy]
because she had to take into session someone who was sort of hitting on her in
session. Jean Louis was apperently expert here. :)

Was really hard to concentrate on student hat while that was going on. :)

still here

Patron with Honors
keenly remember her asking to be bullbaited by Jean Louis Comain [spelling,french guy]

Sorry Terril
No Beryl was small and dark. No idea who your cute blond was....
I should add though that I briefly dated Brian Wingate when he returned from Flag - he had a very nice motorbike he took me to Ashdown Forest on!!

I hope you got your concentration back.....
THe so was much more fun before the 2D rules came in....and when they accepted ex LSD takers - like me!

Still :yes::yes:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Hi La La and JHW! Nice to see you!

I thought of Helen Barlow (GO). Also Malcolm and Lesley were Malcolm Watson and Lesley Murray, yes? Also there was "Hi, I'm Randy", what was his last name? And someone called Jeff, possibly an auditor or supervisor.

Alf and Nicky Mendoza?

Ivan Obolensky - was he ever on staff?

I remember Joanne Klussein being carried back into the org from the test line in a heap.

Great thread, how we love to reminisce!

Solo

Excellent yes some names I missed there.
I remember Nicky and Alf, but after they were staff. Yes Malcolm Watson and Lesley Murray that was them! Randy Ramage, I think he married an Eileen. Ivan rings a bell, I don't remember him, just the name. Ah yes nostalgia! They were crap times, but being young was good!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Still

People I knew called Beryl Garside, 'Burial Graveside', she was a lovely very alive lady, but the joke worked because she was so alive. Aparently she cooked a good curry. She was very approachable.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

That could have been Berry Allington. Though I don't remember her as blond.
Jean-Louis Comin I think it was. I think he was actually Argentinian, with a French background, nice guy.

Terril park

Sponsor
Sorry Terril
No Beryl was small and dark. No idea who your cute blond was....
I should add though that I briefly dated Brian Wingate when he returned from Flag - he had a very nice motorbike he took me to Ashdown Forest on!!

I hope you got your concentration back.....
THe so was much more fun before the 2D rules came in....and when they accepted ex LSD takers - like me!

Still :yes::yes:

She was called Berry. Best I recall. Its a fairly clear memory.

Don't think I'm too far off.

Remember Brian very well.:)

Last I know he was married to a young german girl, very pretty
and a great div 6 course sup,Firtst name Ute.

solo

Patron with Honors
I think she was Berry Bullough before she married David Allington, and I seem to remember she had a "honey" hair colouring.

btw I think Beryl Garside is still in.

Solo

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I think she was Berry Bullough before she married David Allington, and I seem to remember she had a "honey" hair colouring.

btw I think Beryl Garside is still in.

Solo

Solo yes that's right Bullough was her surname! I'm not good at hair colour memory but I think you are right.