What's new

Various pics of Scientology in the 80s and 90s, unpublished, until now...

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe you will recognize some of the faces:

ASHO Parking lot:
DpYPqYq.jpg

PQOqlmq.jpg

Chinese School at ITO:
GEhIQxu.jpg

MF2h0gN.jpg

an8jGW7.jpg

pV6YPJM.jpg

zfCnHkS.jpg

Hubbard College of Administration opening:

TvjLom1.jpg

v37Zx1s.jpg

clKNkeo.jpg

KwvbQEL.jpg

JeR25ly.jpg

tIq8o4E.jpg

arBdhz0.jpg

ANq20qH.jpg

jjzYWP3.jpg

Krp7fZf.jpg

lTaN9gk.jpg

UTztDEj.jpg

BEpY8pg.jpg

ACGNHNK.jpg

CvtBZZj.jpg

ZTT696l.jpg

bvsqtO0.jpg

vEa5cMh.jpg

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
Hey, there I am in a past life. I'm the girl with the Alaska shirt on with a misunderstood word.

My other joke was "Are the practicing for the money shot?" for the picture with them standing around with their mouths open. I decided it was inappropriate so I posted it anyway.

Sidney18511

Patron with Honors
Wow, what a difference. They look like they are having FUN. I guess the "robot tech" hadn't been introduced yet!

They look so young, so full of promise, so happy to be part of something that they thought was much bigger then themselves. Good times, before they realized they were duped.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Look at the HUGE age difference between the 2012 shot and the 80s and 90s shots.

That's persuasive evidence that Scientology will die with the Boomer generation and their retirement funds.

TG1

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
This pic is from 2012:

uuhBsAI.jpg
I wonder if US Air Force Thunderbirds Aerobatics Team likes being 'used' with this gang of insufferable dweebs? - That's some 'positioning' anyway.. I get this image of 6 scientologists running around in diamond formation, farting in chorus!

:yes:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Some of those photos are not of ASHO. Looks like some are from St Hill UK or elsewhere. I didn't recognize anyone in the group large shots, even those at Hubbard College...

It looks to me like Larry Adams in the center of this photo. He was a reg/ exec at NYO back in the 80s.
ACGNHNK.jpg

Larry used to be married to Liz Ball.They divorced in the late 80s. Not sure why, as they seemed like a really nice couple, like they belonged together. It was a big disappointment to everyone. Perhaps he was leaving the cult and she decided to stay? Last I heard she lived in Clearwater but is not the scientologist named Liz Adams who is/was into Real Estate. She may have joined the Sea Org since.

Looks like Larry has been off the service lines for years. Did he ever join the SO? I sure hope not. I hope he's out for good. He was one of the nicer guys there, when he wasn't running around like a chicken with his head cut off.
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/l/larry-adams.html

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just was thinking if those first pix really are of the 80s, then it's a major FLUNK! They're all out of PT... they're rocking seriously 70's looks "fer sure"-- totally grody to the MAX!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Some of those photos are not of ASHO. Looks like some are from St Hill UK or elsewhere. I didn't recognize anyone in the group large shots, even those at Hubbard College...

It looks to me like Larry Adams in the center of this photo. He was a reg/ exec at NYO back in the 80s.
ACGNHNK.jpg

The girl on the left is Julie Fehn. She was SO at AOSHUK from about 1975 until at least 1990, I believe. I remember her being in LA doing admin training around 1988. I even walked up to Griffiths Observatory with her one Sunday morning at that time.

The girl next to her looks like Diane Konneus but might not be. The girl on the right looks familiar, but I don't know her name. I'm guessing the photo was from LA in the late 80s.

Paul

Daisy

Patron with Honors
the picture of three people sitting at a table, girl with pink shirt is Lynda Allender, John's wife

Gus

Patron with Honors
Cool photos, thanks.

It is a bit stunning to see the difference in age between the old photos and the current one. There used to be a lot of young people in Scientology. The only young people in now are the children of long-time members. At my old mission in the 70s, I think the only people over 30 were the mission holders.

I'd be surprised if the orgs get *any* new public these days.

-Gus

I see at least 10 photos of Israeli Scientologists. In some of them you can spy the Hebrew print (not too hard to recognize if you spent a week or two in Israel), and some just show Israeli long timers. Some of them became execs and EDs, so they often came on conventions in Europe, where I got to see them.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I see at least 10 photos of Israeli Scientologists. In some of them you can spy the Hebrew print (not too hard to recognize if you spent a week or two in Israel), and some just show Israeli long timers. Some of them became execs and EDs, so they often came on conventions in Europe, where I got to see them.

Well I do recognise some faces, but the names! I know one guy is I think Muki Pilo (Mucky Pillow) and his lovely wife, they had a kid called Or. I can recognise Limor, but can't remember her last name, she was one of three sisters in Tel Aviv org, she was in div6. There's another guy I remember, could be Oded? Staff and public came and went there very fast.