What's new

Battle Of Britain - 1974

still here

Patron with Honors
I am sure Beryl is still in, I knew after the conversation we had she would be there for ever..
Mike too was always cheerful, I have a very vague memory that he was RPFed or or seriously demoted at one point, all of which he took cheerfully.

It all makes me sad, Beryl was (and still is I am sure) full of life as you say La La, and great fun.
I was fond her.

Still

charribobs

Thanks to everyone for their contributions here, I came across the forum by a curious accident and enjoyed (well-sort of) this thread

I was CS and various other posts at Manchester during the early 70's and remember the chaos well, i suspect I know several people and indeed still have an old phone number for at least one

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Thanks to everyone for their contributions here, I came across the forum by a curious accident and enjoyed (well-sort of) this thread

I was CS and various other posts at Manchester during the early 70's and remember the chaos well, i suspect I know several people and indeed still have an old phone number for at least one

Welcome Charribobbs! Anyone who remembers the fun we had in the BofB has to be a friend!:yes:

charribobs

Welcome Charribobbs! Anyone who remembers the fun we had in the BofB has to be a friend!:yes:

Thanks Lou, I do wonder if we suffered together

One name I picked up i the thread was the lovely Harvey Jacques, I was there when he first dragged himself into the Org at Faulkner Street, we seriusly considered chucking him out!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Thanks Lou, I do wonder if we suffered together

One name I picked up i the thread was the lovely Harvey Jacques, I was there when he first dragged himself into the Org at Faulkner Street, we seriusly considered chucking him out!

I wasn't in Manchester, but sunny London, but you can be sure we both suffered at the same time!

Now on charming, dashing, handsome Harve, how I wish you had! It would have saved a lot of people a lot of grief.

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sorry Terril
No Beryl was small and dark. No idea who your cute blond was....
I should add though that I briefly dated Brian Wingate when he returned from Flag - he had a very nice motorbike he took me to Ashdown Forest on!!

I hope you got your concentration back.....
THe so was much more fun before the 2D rules came in....and when they accepted ex LSD takers - like me!

Still :yes::yes:

I remember Brian Wingate when he was sent as a plant to the South London group run by Vernon & Nancy Hope. He was such a prat! Stood out like dogs bollocks on a parrot. :duh:
We simply fed him disinformation such as "Our friends in B1 Go tell us ....".
Next thing there are wholesale sec checks for the lot of them.:biggrin:

Same thing when the cult sent a slug named David Sheppard to Eileen & Bert Griswolds party. Quickly spotted and laughed out the door :eyeroll:

Ah, them were the days :yes:

charribobs

I wasn't in Manchester, but sunny London, but you can be sure we both suffered at the same time!

Now on charming, dashing, handsome Harve, how I wish you had! It would have saved a lot of people a lot of grief.

he was a twunk then, the only difference was he sobered up...

still here

Patron with Honors

Welcome Charribobs!:):)

I may know you although I was around in the late 70s....but I know lots of people from your time in Manchester. I certainly knew Harvey very well :coolwink:

Anyway - pm me if you like, and enjoy the board.

Still

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Hi Battle of Britain fans,some memory jogging names...some may be from before or after. I've missed plenty out, any ideas? London Day staff at various times in History Pam Thorn (Hurwitz) {ED} Jay Hurwitz {D/ED?} Lesley Farrow (Simons) {HAS} John Simons Jerry Zacks {F/R?} Richard Kaminski {Dir comm then off to Flag ship} Dorothy (pretty black girl with very square shoulders) Winnie Lawrence John Lawrence (not related) Paul Alexander Tom Morgan {Dssm Sec} Hamish Bulger {Body Reg} Lorna Humphries (Walker) {ASR} Lynne Freeman (McKague) {ARCX Reg} Ron Bacon {Letter reg} Peter Rush {AGF} Nick Davis {RPF} Gary Buckingham {Letter Reg} Gerardo Castillo {CF} Sue Loder {Treas Sec} Annick Robergeon (Davis) {Tres Sec} Vicky Bridges (Drummond) {Tres Sec} Richard Davis {Auditor} Brian Wingate {ED} Cathy Zacks {D of P} Kathy Freeman Fred Drummond Glen Walker {Basic cse sup} Loraine Suffrin (Bulger) Malcolm {Course sup} Lesley Peter Buttery {C/S} Kate Buttery Lesl Schuster Dave Allington {CS} Berry Allington Anna Kaminska (Hill) Jan King John Harry Watson {Qual Sec} Anji Cakebread (Watson) Lindy Cakebread (Morgan) Rod Melvin (Qual) Joanna Melvin Steve Merrowsmith Paul Adams (ED) Sharon Kloss Mark Kloss David Lock Maarit Borg (Lock) Fred Davis (PES) P Burke (Body router) Helenka Kryschevska (something like that) (Alexander) (Shimield) {Public Reg} Ged McGuire {Body Router} Avril Dunne Ian Rennie Joanne Klussien {Body Router} Rodney Adams Beryl Garside (aka burial graveside){GO} Mark Garside {GO} Tony Phipps Tony Brown {HAS} Bob Ainsworth {Auditor} Linzy Ainsworth {Letter Reg}
Chris Speer?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Er, just quietly Strativarius, I think he may have decided to try and remain anonymous here ... any chance of deleting that post? You can do it easily by using the edit button at the bottom of the post.

Welcome to ESMB though.

:)

strativarius

Not that I remember, I remember a Chris Carter foundation sup and frustrated poet, I can't see a Chris Speer, remind me. Oh! and welcome!:yes:
Thanks 4 yr. welcome La La Lou Lou. Chris Speer. Dark hair. Extraordinarily good-looking. Tech & Qual auditor before and after John Parselle came back to HSOL from Flag after doing Class VIII course. A lovely guy. Friends with Paul & Lorna Humphries. Had a 2D with Pam Thorne way before she was Hurwitz.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Thanks 4 yr. welcome La La Lou Lou. Chris Speer. Dark hair. Extraordinarily good-looking. Tech & Qual auditor before and after John Parselle came back to HSOL from Flag after doing Class VIII course. A lovely guy. Friends with Paul & Lorna Humphries. Had a 2D with Pam Thorne way before she was Hurwitz.

There's a rumour of a shadow of memory there, though it might have been before my time. I always knew Pam as Jay's wife. I think I would remember him if he was anywhere near the Apollo you mentioned. I remember Lorna but Paul was not around when I was, still being mentioned though, was John Parselle's wife in FOLOUK?

strativarius

Er, just quietly Strativarius, I think he may have decided to try and remain anonymous here ... any chance of deleting that post? You can do it easily by using the edit button at the bottom of the post. Welcome to ESMB though. :)
Thanks for your welcome. As far as I know he hasn't posted here for quite some time, but before he went he 'outed' himself. I haven't got the exact post but I think I could find it if pressed.

strativarius

There's a rumour of a shadow of memory there, though it might have been before my time. I always knew Pam as Jay's wife. I think I would remember him if he was anywhere near the Apollo you mentioned. I remember Lorna but Paul was not around when I was, still being mentioned though, was John Parselle's wife in FOLOUK?
Yes, and here's someone's fond memories of Linda Parselle. "Linda Parselle, never one for politeness or ARC, blasted me for something I have never been quite sure what and threatened to expel me from the church...." Source: http://the-scientologist.com/Mike-Moore.shtml You mentioned Linda Parselle first. Forum rules prohibit me from expressing my true feelings about her, but 45 years later... I think it's called BPC! Paul decided he'd had enough one day and just walked out.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Yes, and here's someone's fond memories of Linda Parselle. "Linda Parselle, never one for politeness or ARC, blasted me for something I have never been quite sure what and threatened to expel me from the church...." Source: http://the-scientologist.com/Mike-Moore.shtml You mentioned Linda Parselle first. Forum rules prohibit me from expressing my true feelings about her, but 45 years later... I think it's called BPC! Paul decided he'd had enough one day and just walked out.

I had a quick look at the link and I was impressed by the name Doughnut Fair-boner. I'll read Moore later. It's nice to know that the shouting and screaming is not a new invention. Yes Linda was an 'on sauce' Manager, I didn't have the pleasure of meeting her, but I have heard that she was memorable.