What's new

Australians in Scientology

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
And a 35'er sounds like the perfect size to do it in . . . . sailing being one of my favorite activities.

Rog

I know almost nothing about sailing, but how hard can it be, right? There's water, and wind and sails ... and you always know what ocean you're in. Here are some photos of my pretty little yachts. Both Hartley ferros, the first is a Queenslander and the second - which I'm aboard right now - is a Tasman.

kep1.JPGTasman1.jpg

Rob

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Rog,

What would you consider is the best approach to own goal work? So far I'm seeing the evolution of a lot of techniques in the BC tapes. Would the recommended method be 3D, 3DXX, 3GAXX, something else? And how hard would it be to run solo, being aware of some pretty terrible pitfalls if it misses (at least on a PC anyhow).

Rob

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I know almost nothing about sailing, but how hard can it be, right? There's water, and wind and sails ... and you always know what ocean you're in. Here are some photos of my pretty little yachts. Both Hartley ferros, the first is a Queenslander and the second - which I'm aboard right now - is a Tasman.

View attachment 6028View attachment 6029

Rob

You living outside the Botanical Gardens there? The Riverside building behind you. I worked on those foundations back in 84.

You have roller furling on your foresail, yet you have triple forestays. You sail as a masthead sloop?

I used to paint the mansion to your left. The last place before the ferry entrance.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cool . . . a trip is planned though not set yet. Though you might get here to NYC before I'll get there.

I was last there for a Veteran's get together dinner with the guys I grew up with at Bronte SLSC . . . . that was 2 years ago . . . it was a quick 4 days round trip :ohmy: I won't try that shit again: even in 1st class it was no fun.

Next trip Virginia and I plan to take a month or two.

R

We'll be looking forward to a longer visit next time then. :yes:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Cool . . . a trip is planned though not set yet. Though you might get here to NYC before I'll get there.

I was last there for a Veteran's get together dinner with the guys I grew up with at Bronte SLSC . . . . that was 2 years ago . . . it was a quick 4 days round trip :ohmy: I won't try that shit again: even in 1st class it was no fun.

Next trip Virginia and I plan to take a month or two.

R

Fuck me, you can do 1st class?

RogerB

Crusader
Fuck me, you can do 1st class?

Having a lot of frequent-flyer miles helped :yes: I paid FULL coach (about twice the cost of the cheap ticket) and used miles to upgrade.

But I did do my very most favorite hotel in the world, a real 1st class gig, the Intercontinental Hotel, Sydney. Love that place. I had a suite with a gorgeous harbour view . . . I could see up to the Heads and also the Bridge to the west with Circular Quay and the Opera House in front below me. It was a trip . . . . worth the money.

Rog

RogerB

Crusader
Rog,

What would you consider is the best approach to own goal work? So far I'm seeing the evolution of a lot of techniques in the BC tapes. Would the recommended method be 3D, 3DXX, 3GAXX, something else? And how hard would it be to run solo, being aware of some pretty terrible pitfalls if it misses (at least on a PC anyhow).

Rob

Rob, PM me on this and I'll coach you on it all via direct email. Don't do the LRH thing :no::no: it'll screw you up . . . it contains and is based on MAJOR errors.

See my discussion on this here:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...gative-RogerB%92s-FZ-Presentation-in-Pasadena

Actually, you've just prompted me to add to that thread an exposé of one of the most major, monstrous errors that did in Hubb's effort to handle own goals. I didn't deal with it in my presentation as it would have been a little too difficult to convey at the time in a talk. But the error is so gross and stupid as to be rather horrifying.

R

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
You living outside the Botanical Gardens there? The Riverside building behind you. I worked on those foundations back in 84.

Nope, photo was taken by previous owner.

You have roller furling on your foresail, yet you have triple forestays. You sail as a masthead sloop?

There's a single inner forestay so she can be run "wing and wing" downwind, or so that a storm jib can be raised. What you're also seeing there is some of the sidestays. Masthead sloop, yes.

I used to paint the mansion to your left. The last place before the ferry entrance.

Sounds like you know Brisbane better than me! I'm usually either on the yacht or up at my brother's place in Ipswich.

Cheers,

Rob

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Rob, PM me on this and I'll coach you on it all via direct email. Don't do the LRH thing :no::no: it'll screw you up . . . it contains and is based on MAJOR errors.

Wouldn't be of any use right now, all my meters are in a storage room in Melbourne.

Read but not fully digested. I'll give it some further thought once I'm able to watch the videos, which is impossible here on the yacht. Hell of a storm today, very windy indeed.

Actually, you've just prompted me to add to that thread an exposé of one of the most major, monstrous errors that did in Hubb's effort to handle own goals. I didn't deal with it in my presentation as it would have been a little too difficult to convey at the time in a talk. But the error is so gross and stupid as to be rather horrifying.

R

I'll keep a watch out for that as well. Just starting the tapes of Feb '62 today so this is interesting commentary.

Rob

RogerB

Crusader
Wouldn't be of any use right now, all my meters are in a storage room in Melbourne.

Read but not fully digested. I'll give it some further thought once I'm able to watch the videos, which is impossible here on the yacht. Hell of a storm today, very windy indeed.

I'll keep a watch out for that as well. Just starting the tapes of Feb '62 today so this is interesting commentary.

Rob

Cool . . . when you get to around Sept. '62 you'll be dealing with R2-12 . . . pay good attention to it. That is useful tech with some value. The tech that then evolved from that, 3M, is a disaster; and worse, this is where Hubbard later (Feb-March, '63) started telling us what the "line plots of the GPMs" were that "everyone" had! :duh: And this then led to the announcement that it was implants :duh: :grouch::no: and Hubbard announcing (May '63) he'd been to Heaven and the Helatrobus bullshit was released to the world.

I think I should later spell out the what and why of the LRH GPM disaster. It becomes obvious when pointed out . . . the shit is totally screwy! I'll do that on my other thread so the related subjects are together.

Rog

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
I've also heard that R2-45 works in an emergency. :unsure:

Found out why 6109C05 Principles of Auditing made such a vast change the other day. The answer was in a later tape, 6202C22 Prepclearing and Rudiments. FYI.

Rob

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Rob, You should probably take this discussion over to Roger's thread on Tech. This thread is about our old compadres, Aussies in scientology. :)

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Gads, I hijacked my own thread!

Point taken, Dave. A link to the suggested thread would be appreciated.

JustSheila

Crusader
this is where Hubbard later (Feb-March, '63) started telling us what the "line plots of the GPMs" were that "everyone" had! :duh: And this then led to the announcement that it was implants :duh: :grouch::no: and Hubbard announcing (May '63) he'd been to Heaven and the Helatrobus bullshit was released to the world.

I think I should later spell out the what and why of the LRH GPM disaster. It becomes obvious when pointed out . . . the shit is totally screwy! I'll do that on my other thread so the related subjects are together.

Rog

Hiya Rog,

Remember me (was "Gottabrain"?) Mind if I butt in for a min here?

You've been helpful to me in the past. I respect the work you've done to get rid of the L Ron controls, hallucinations and abuse from scn and keep what seems to be helpful. I don't necessarily agree with all your interpretations, but I think your heart is in the right place, your efforts are sincere and you've got a good mind. Not ALL of scn was BAD.

That said, there are only a few areas of tek I feel might be somewhat okay. The GPM area is one. Not the implant/helatrobus sci-fi BS (which, as you say, is bat crazy shit), or Hubbard's STUPID "gone to heaven" door so he could say he died and came back to life which never happened but sold a lot of books, but the opposing items/terminals/emotions stuff.

Much of early scn was based on this concept that things are hung up because of their opposites. And lots of psychology theories and major religions support this concept as well.

So there is a bit of good stuff in the early GPM tek.

I'd love to see what you've come up with on this and I promise not to tear it apart in the forum. Also, if you have any idea of the origins of this info - I mean, who/where did L Ron get it from?

Ta,

Sheila

RogerB

Crusader
Hiya Rog,

Remember me (was "Gottabrain"?) Mind if I butt in for a min here?

You've been helpful to me in the past. I respect the work you've done to get rid of the L Ron controls, hallucinations and abuse from scn and keep what seems to be helpful. I don't necessarily agree with all your interpretations, but I think your heart is in the right place, your efforts are sincere and you've got a good mind. Not ALL of scn was BAD.

That said, there are only a few areas of tek I feel might be somewhat okay. The GPM area is one. Not the implant/helatrobus sci-fi BS (which, as you say, is bat crazy shit), or Hubbard's STUPID "gone to heaven" door so he could say he died and came back to life which never happened but sold a lot of books, but the opposing items/terminals/emotions stuff.

Much of early scn was based on this concept that things are hung up because of their opposites. And lots of psychology theories and major religions support this concept as well.

So there is a bit of good stuff in the early GPM tek.

I'd love to see what you've come up with on this and I promise not to tear it apart in the forum. Also, if you have any idea of the origins of this info - I mean, who/where did L Ron get it from?

Ta,

Sheila

Oh, Oh . . . looks like you are inviting me to do some more work, Sheila :melodramatic:

Though I should get to and do it.

The problem in the "old days" is that Hubbard was dancing so fast to keep ahead of the suckers that he had to keep dreaming up new and dazzling things to entice them with. :yes:

I say this in the context that, there was much that was actually good and useful up till about the end of 1960 . . . though it was incomplete, and because of that, its application caused problems: example O/R, not solved till around 1964; failure to handle ascension experiences, not solved in Scn ever . . . etc.

I wrote to Hubbs around the end of 1960 or early '61 on the issue of "Purposes" . . . I thought it an important subject. He began his "Goals" stuff in '61.

I will write up all I think you guys who want to know should know on this on my other thread for "techies."

Other than that, my comment above on Hubbard dancing fast to keep ahead of the suckers is made in the context that we got sucked into believing he was brilliantly coming up with the magic right answers so fast and furious that we were constantly put in the mode of constantly running to keep up with his "latest and greatest" and we never had the chance to "stop, look and listen" and do a little review and honest inspection for ourselves.

In essence, we were kept so busy keeping up with the new releases of the latest and greatest we were as though being misdirected by a magician all the time with his razzle-dazzle.

And thus, the great trap of those days in Scn, is that we in essence abandoned our own integrity of looking to see what was true and subjugated ourselves to Hubbard's representations of things . . . . :duh::ohmy:

The details in a week or two on my techie thread:p

Rog

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
Oh, Oh . . . looks like you are inviting me to do some more work, Sheila :melodramatic:

:blush: Sorry, Rog. But really nice to see you. Take your time. I've sifted through just about everything in other fields on addressing opposites in therapy and wanted to see what you'd found in scn that might have some value in this area.

we got sucked into believing he was brilliantly coming up with the magic right answers so fast and furious that we were constantly put in the mode of constantly running to keep up with his "latest and greatest" and we never had the chance to "stop, look and listen" and do a little review and honest inspection for ourselves.

In essence, we were kept so busy keeping up with the new releases of the latest and greatest we were as though being misdirected by a magician all the time with his razzle-dazzle.

And thus, the great trap of those days in Scn, is that we in essence abandoned our own integrity of looking to see what was true and subjugated ourselves to Hubbard's representations of things . . . . :duh::ohmy:

The details in a week or two on my techie thread:p

Rog

Yeh, misdirecting attention is a favourite for conartists. We can only focus on so many things at once and distractions can lead to mistakes in observations and perceptions and there's not much we can do about it. Ever watch Brain Games on the National Geographic channel? Have a look at this (Lots more vids revealing how conartists trick our brains at the website):

[video]http://natgeotv.com.au/videos/brain-games/choice-blindness-8FEA2B8D.aspx[/video]

Nice to see ya, Rog. :biglove:

Re: Sydney faces circa 1973 ....and me, coming out

Dug up some old photos of some friends from back in Sydney.
Back row Left to right: William Holman with Vivienne Deyes (Later Vivienne Lowe),Margaret Tidy, Noel O'Donnell, Sue O'Donnell, Andy Milne, Irenie Sanderson, Peter Zimmatore, (can't remember), Cyril Holman, (Cyril's wife), Alan Wright and child.

Front Row Left to Right: Ian Lazenby, Natasha Cramey, John Brownlee (me), Erin Wright (nee O'Donnell then later Milne) and child

Vaguely remember some of these folks from the late 70s, early 80s. Definitely remember Tasha, I think she married an irish guy and had a kid. I am pretty sure I also remember Joan when she was Treasure. Strange times.

Update - Oh, I just had a flash back. I was on mission in the Folo back in the 80's and I remember Tasha was the nanny. Don't remember what Joan was doing. I remember walking in the sydney org one day and seeing Steve Stevens play fighting with a redhead boy. Steve had a whip, I think the kid had a ruler or something, I didn't have any business with steve, but he seemed to enjoy playing with the little guy. This is when the folo was over on wentworth ave, and the aosh was on the top floor of sydney org.

Last edited: